Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

There is a gym right next door to the flats I have been eyeing up for my first place.

IF I end up there I MAY try going to the gym as it is walking distance.

I know if it requires much effort for me to even get there then I won't go, lol.

I'd do it if I had a home gym (unlikely in a studio flat I admit :lol: ) I just don't like the thought of being surrounded by people watching me fail. :(

If you get a partner or a friend or someone to go with you and just do your best to remain in your own bubble. If I'm honest it's rare I notice anyone else in the gym, occasionally I'll look at a beast and see what he's doing/lifting.. But I don't look and smaller/weaker people in any negative light, some people I'm sure have their own opinions, however I myself give a huge amount of credit to anyone tall,short,skinny,fat etc in the gym as they have chosen to go to the gym which requires a fair amount of mind games. As said earlier, I don't have a problem with people who don't go, a lot of people don't like the sports I like either, but on my playing field I know my mental torments and if others have the same and go to the gym then I have to give them credit for it.

• Like 1

My mum has bought me 2 enormous 390g bars of galaxy.

Yes it is my favourite but a little 50g or whatever the smallest would have done me quite happy. Not nearly a kilo of it... Is she trying to make me fat again?

I also got a box of Thorntons and a massive box of shortbread from work. They all know how hard I had to work to get the weight off in the first place.

Think I'm going to have to give it away or something.

That's one of the reasons I don't give presents to people unless I know them very well. Most likely people gave you those presents innocently but obviously they are not appropriate and feel like a stab in the back.

I don't like not getting to sleep until 04:00 and consequently not getting out of bed until 13:00. Hopefully I can get to sleep by at least 03:00 tonight, as I have to be up at 06:00 for work...

Insomnia strikes again! :angry:

Don't like being ill

Got struck by a bug at about 2am...nearly fainted whilst sitting on the loo. Felt so queasy that I just curled up on the bathroom floor for a while

Hopefully it's just this 24-48hr bug that's been going round

Don't like being ill

Got struck by a bug at about 2am...nearly fainted whilst sitting on the loo. Felt so queasy that I just curled up on the bathroom floor for a while

You sure it wasn't food poisoning? That usually hits you hits you at 2am if you had something dodgy for tea.

• Like 3

You sure it wasn't food poisoning? That usually hits you hits you at 2am if you had something dodgy for tea.

Most of the family have had it too, which is making me think just a bug.

Either way, I don't like it lol

Don't like being ill

Sounds like food poisoning to me. Take plenty liquids and rest would be my advice.

Did they all eat the same Christmas dinner?

• Like 3

If you all had it at the same time then I'd say food poisoning but if it is "making the rounds" then more like a bug.

Either way hopefully it won't last and you'll be back to normal pretty quick.

• Like 2

I'd do it if I had a home gym (unlikely in a studio flat I admit :lol: ) I just don't like the thought of being surrounded by people watching me fail. :(

My home gym is all upstairs, spread across two rooms. My weights and bench are actually in my study/office in one room and my rowing machine is in the bedroom.

Don't like being ill

Sounds like food poisoning to me!

That's sounds definitely like food poisoning unless there were family members who ate the same and aren't suffering

There's no correlation between our food and being ill

Started a couple of weeks ago with my Nephew

Makes sense then, I think initially how you wrote it, it could be read that everyone was struck down today... Hence food poisoning comments...

• Like 1

when the wife brings me a drink in and puts it down and the handles facing the right she knows iam left handed :)

Catching the edge of my middle finger with the secateurs chopping up some broccoli waste for the compost - rather deep looking snip :o :(

Still oozing some 10 minutes later :(

Makes sense then, I think initially how you wrote it, it could be read that everyone was struck down today... Hence food poisoning comments...

Ahh yeah, I can see that lol

I'll blame it on me feeling rubbish lol

• Like 2

Saw a pre-facelift MK4 Mondeo earlier, but it had facelift rear lights. Strange thing was, only the outer part of the cluster (not on the bootlid) was the facelift LED part, and the inner part was the original.

Bizarre!

Catching the edge of my middle finger with the secateurs chopping up some broccoli waste for the compost - rather deep looking snip :o :(

Still oozing some 10 minutes later :(

Ouch! I've always been cautious around secateurs after seeing what they can do (a relative had a similar injury to yours, only a bit worse).

Saw a pre-facelift MK4 Mondeo earlier, but it had facelift rear lights. Strange thing was, only the outer part of the cluster (not on the bootlid) was the facelift LED part, and the inner part was the original.

Bizarre!

Perhaps a custom made cluster to confuse the Ford enthusiast :P

Ouch! I've always been cautious around secateurs after seeing what they can do (a relative had a similar injury to yours, only a bit worse).

I once made the mistake of pruning a pittosporrum in half-light :rolleyes: : and caught the end of my twig holding finger, that was a lot worse than today's snip :o

It had to glued/stapled back on :(

I once made the mistake of pruning a pittosporrum in half-light :rolleyes: : and caught the end of my twig holding finger, that was a lot worse than today's snip :o

It had to glued/stapled back on :(

Yep, that's the kind of injury I remember witnessing. Not pleasant, especially for the person themselves I would imagine!!

Where's E.T. when you need him?

image.png?w=400&c=1

• Like 2

Argh.. your nephew's earlier bug wasn't mentioned until ^

Leading us to think. you all had been struck down this morning!

Yep, that's the kind of injury I remember witnessing. Not pleasant, especially for the person themselves I would imagine!!

Where's E.T. when you need him?

image.png?w=400&c=1

Strangely enough, I had a knife slippage incident on the same finger, but slightly lower down, in 1981 whilst cutting a lemon in two, without a chopping board.

Twice now, it has had to glued/stapled back together.

Argh.. your nephew's earlier bug wasn't mentioned until ^

Leading us to think. you all had been struck down this morning!

Strangely enough, I had a knife slippage incident on the same finger, but slightly lower down, in 1981 whilst cutting a lemon in two, without a chopping board.

Twice now, it has had to glued/stapled back together.

Well, these things come in threes (apparently), so lets hope this is the last time!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club