Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like not moving fast enough backwards, after washing Brandy. The moment the shower is turned off, she jumps out of the bath and shakes, unless I move rapidly backwards (unlike just now), she gives me all her fur water in one big shake wave :lol:

I don't remember wisdom teeth coming through, but I guess they must have :unsure:

Im glad i do all my own plumbing, dont really trust alot of trades people to be honest. There are so many cowboys out there that will happily take your money and leave you with a bodge job. The good ones seem impossible to find!

Is it the waste leaking Ian or just the bath seal? Dont bother with any of those sealing strips, they are rubbish and collect mold!

Im a bit on the heavy side at around 19 stone so i fill my bath completely with water rather than the usual half fill to allow for more movement when im in it and then mask the tiles and the bath to leave nice straight lines when applying the silicone. If its a shower tray then still use the tape and i would gently place a few weights in the tray to take any flex out of it while the silicone sets.

Too many people dont allow for the movement by filling with water and then wonder why the silicone fails as its stretching too much as the bath flexes. To help with the natural movement of plastic baths i fitted 8 adjustable cabinet legs all along the bottom of ours so it feels solid now when im in it as its so well supported.

Normally, I would do mine as well, for exactly the same reasons; but my ceiling collapse was in a new build situation and in order to use the NCHB scheme I had to get an independent assessment and then use the appropriate tradesman. I don't think they would've covered it, if i'd made good myself - not being in possession of the correct C&G/BTEC certificates :mellow:

Well, I hope mine correct themselves... I hate dentists and what makes it worse is I don't even think I'd get treatment on the NHS as I pay tax!

Unless rules are different in Scotland, you will get NHS dental treatment but you will have to pay a nominal sum for it, only certain kinds of benefit claimants get it entirely free. Emergency treatment falls under the lower band, which I think is £59.

Dont like that ive pulled remaining ceiling down and not the waste pipe. Grrrr!!

Now going to smash a hole in wall upstairs in unsuite to find the supply pipes

Dont like that ive pulled remaining ceiling down and not the waste pipe. Grrrr!!

Gutted for you mate, its horrible when things like that go wrong. Are you sure its definitely not the seal around the tray? Run the shower on it and see if it leaks anywhere now that you can see underneath.

That's unfortunate :angry:

nope wasnt tray, im no plumber so got my brother in law to have a look before i knocked a hole and he took surround off mixer taps and could just see the pipework unions, all dry , but when we turned shower on we saw the mixer/thermostatic part leaking and running down pipework on to floorboards and joists.

so with a bit of cutting and chiseling of a few tiles and a new mixer tap/shower head etc all should be good, then fix downstairs celing.

• Like 3

nope wasnt tray, im no plumber so got my brother in law to have a look before i knocked a hole and he took surround off mixer taps and could just see the pipework unions, all dry , but when we turned shower on we saw the mixer/thermostatic part leaking and running down pipework on to floorboards and joists.

so with a bit of cutting and chiseling of a few tiles and a new mixer tap/shower head etc all should be good, then fix downstairs celing.

Make sure you put some boards and towels in the tray before you start hacking tiles off, its surprising what damaged the falling broken pieces can do, you dont want to be fitting a new shower tray too! Glad youve found the source of the leak anyway. :)
  • Like 1

hadnt thought of that, thanks. putting it all off now until next weekend, cant be bothered in the weekday nights to do jobs after work.

Is it not a quick fix like a loose compression or solder joint on the mixer in the wall rather than new parts? I would open it up first before buying anything and see whats what. Saying that though you could always return stuff if you dont lose the receipt. Hopefully it will be fairly easy for you.

• Like 1

its in the mixer assy its self thats leaking all the unions are dry to and from mixer

I don't like forgetting my pin number at the petrol station having just filled up with £32 of unleaded... Tried three times and ended up locking the card.

End result was that I had to take money out of my bank card and another credit card (thus incurring a withdrawl fee for that) and paying cash. And as soon as we were 1 mile away from the petrol station, what did I remember?

THE EFFING PIN NUMBER.

So now I'll have to phone the credit card supplier tomorrow and get them to unlock the card, plus pay a fee on the Barclaycard come the end of the month.

that 99p a litre fuel is not so cheap after all. i dont know the pins to most of my cards , if i had to write them down ( which i wont anyway) i couldnt do it, but when at card reader its just comes natural without thinking to press the right buttons . no idea how that works in my head. lol

its in the mixer assy its self thats leaking all the unions are dry to and from mixer

Probably an O-ring gone inside, theres next weekend sorted for you then. This is why i prefer to have a surface mounted electric shower. I like the look of the mixers but if your boilers packs in youve got no shower either.

• Like 2

Probably an O-ring gone inside, theres next weekend sorted for you then. This is why i prefer to have a surface mounted electric shower. I like the look of the mixers but if your boilers packs in youve got no shower either.

dont say that. the boilers going to be next to pack up!! lol

• Like 1

that 99p a litre fuel is not so cheap after all. i dont know the pins to most of my cards , if i had to write them down ( which i wont anyway) i couldnt do it, but when at card reader its just comes natural without thinking to press the right buttons . no idea how that works in my head. lol

Exactly! The tank wasn't even that low (only just below 1/2) but I thought I would be clever and fill it back up to full in case the price increased before the end of the week. That's what I get for trying to be prudent!! :angry:

It's the same with passwords, the moment you think what they are: you can't remember them. But when you're presented with the logging in pop-up, you do it automatically :lol:

I have umpteen passwords and save them in an encrypted app on my phone with a backup on my PC.

One pin number to access them all.

3 wrong attempts and the app erases the database.

• Like 1

Ordinarily a blocked card needs to be replaced.

I tend to use my phone as a reminder. I just have one or two letters followed by the pin. So if I had a jeebo bank card it might be jb0000 in my phone book. I do this as I am learning them

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I tend to use my phone as a reminder. I just have one or two letters followed by the pin. So if I had a jeebo bank card it might be jb0000 in my phone book. I do this as I am learning them

I have heard of people hiding them within fake phone numbers but for real contacts, so to any observer, they look like real phone numbers.

Having said that. I've never permanently forgotten any PIN nor passwords, but then I use random characters plus numbers plus symbols (if allowed), and avoid any known word or name any European language. I guess being so abstract they're easier to recall, as needed :)

• Like 1

I don't like blacking out temporarily on new years eve (about 7ish) in the hallway, and coming too 3cm from the cat litter tray! :lol:

I also don't like the busted wrist, black eye and heavy welter of a bruise....

I don't like blacking out temporarily on new years eve (about 7ish) in the hallway, and coming too 3cm from the cat litter tray! :lol:

That doesn't sound good :o

Good Lord, I hope you are OK now?

I thought that, but when I did the same with my Capital One card last year (yep, done this twice - go team me!) they just lifted the block and said I could use it again in 24 hours.

Yeh not too bad now, still bruised and busted, but more pride hurt than anything really.

Made an appointment with the GP re blacking out tho.. ..

• Like 1

I don't like that I have put on half a stone over Christmas :(

I don't like, now I'm back in the office, it's bright and sunny outside, and I'm unable to make use of it.

Whereas during the morning dog walk it was tipping it down :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club