Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7
聽Share

Just now, TomsFocus said:

You'd think so, but because you're meant to stay in drive with your foot on the brake at traffic lights in an auto, it stops whenever you come to a stop!

Ah ok. I've never driven an Auto and hope I never have to. 馃あ

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

You'd think so, but because you're meant to stay in drive with your foot on the brake at traffic lights in an auto, it stops whenever you come to a stop!

The auto with start/stop I had did exactly what you said. However, when you lifted the brake to beginning moving (and restart the engine) it applied the brake automatically (like HSA) until you started moving off with the accelerator.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dansallis said:

The auto with start/stop I had did exactly what you said. However, when you lifted the brake to beginning moving (and restart the engine) it applied the brake automatically (like HSA) until you started moving off with the accelerator.

Ah that doesn't sound so bad then.聽 Putting a lot of trust into an electronic system though! :laugh:

I've been in a 2015 A3 1.6 diesel auto. Just drove it in the alleyway and into the garage and when I stopped I noticed the car stopped the engine. It was a strange feeling and I thought something was wrong with it until I saw on the screen it said stop / start.聽

@TomsFocus look at a 3 series they aren't going for much. I've realised after looking at 3 series that audis are overpriced. For around 拢3300 - 4000 you can get a 325i M sport. 2.5 6 cylinder petrol. I'm getting quoted 拢1200 for it when I have 5 years NCB. I realised also insurance is cheaper if I say I bought the car a year ago than saying I got it recently.聽

2 minutes ago, zain611 said:

I've been in a 2015 A3 1.6 diesel auto. Just drove it in the alleyway and into the garage and when I stopped I noticed the car stopped the engine. It was a strange feeling and I thought something was wrong with it until I saw on the screen it said stop / start.聽

@TomsFocus look at a 3 series they aren't going for much. I've realised after looking at 3 series that audis are overpriced. For around 拢3300 - 4000 you can get a 325i M sport. 2.5 6 cylinder petrol. I'm getting quoted 拢1200 for it when I have 5 years NCB. I realised also insurance is cheaper if I say I bought the car a year ago than saying I got it recently.聽

I know I said I'm not fussed about mpg now but I think a 2.5 straight 6 might be pushing it! :laugh:聽 I can't have an M-spec one due to the rough ride sadly, same reason I can't have a real S-Line Audi...the Golf GTi's seem to be alright on the 17s though.聽 I'm hoping I'd be alright be in a Mk2.5 Focus ST but they're still holding way too much value atm, and no cruise control!聽 I have been tempted to try a 320D EfficientDynamics though, same 拢20 tax as the Focus but 170bhp...聽 Similar real world MPG as well though the beemer is claimed massive MPG.聽 There's one locally that's been for sale for a while.聽 I like hatch practicality though, not sure how long I could put up with a saloon boot. :unsure:聽 What's really annoying atm is that sellers don't respond, or when they do respond it'd sold a week ago.聽 It only takes a few seconds to remove ads once sold, or to reply saying either it's sold or my offer isn't enough etc.聽 But just to get nothing is really annoying. :sad:

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I know I said I'm not fussed about mpg now but I think a 2.5 straight 6 might be pushing it! :laugh:聽 I can't have an M-spec one due to the rough ride sadly, same reason I can't have a real S-Line Audi...the Golf GTi's seem to be alright on the 17s though.聽 I'm hoping I'd be alright be in a Mk2.5 Focus ST but they're still holding way too much value atm, and no cruise control!聽 I have been tempted to try a 320D EfficientDynamics though, same 拢20 tax as the Focus but 170bhp...聽 Similar real world MPG as well though the beemer is claimed massive MPG.聽 There's one locally that's been for sale for a while.聽 I like hatch practicality though, not sure how long I could put up with a saloon boot. :unsure:聽 What's really annoying atm is that sellers don't respond, or when they do respond it'd sold a week ago.聽 It only takes a few seconds to remove ads once sold, or to reply saying either it's sold or my offer isn't enough etc.聽 But just to get nothing is really annoying. :sad:

Could also look at a 320i. It's claimed 50mpg which isn't bad. The 325i is claimed 45mpg which ain't bad aswell when its 2 secs quicker to 60 than the 320i. I can't get a diesel unless its made from 2015 and I don't have the money for that. I'm happy how much cheaper insurance will be in 2 years when I change the car. At the moment getting quotes of 拢1800 for an 1.8t audi A3 but after saying I have 5 years no claims and saying I'm 22 it went down to 拢930. The 320 and 325i I was quoted around 拢1100 in 2 years time and saying I bought the car a year ago. There was a 拢120 price difference between me saying I bought the car in May 2018 and May 2017.

6 hours ago, alexp999 said:

Surely on an Auto it would only stop the engine when you shifted out of drive?

not on a ford auto. i thought it stalled the first time i drove a mk5 mondeo auto. doesnt feel right.聽

• Like 2

Bought these 2 games and arrived today. Went to the sorting office today as I missed a delivery yesterday (thinking it was the games) but it turned out to be sugar free sweets my dad ordered. Played the first game of the dishonored series and really liked it and got the platinum trophy. Got these two for just 拢20.DSC_0486.thumb.JPG.35bbe567711b624023ff0f2a9742e649.JPG

Just put in one of them in the PS4 and have a long time to wait for the update to finish 馃槾. Will put it in rest mode during the night so it can finish installing.聽DSC_0487.thumb.JPG.7c58ea72c21ac3a70c0ca214dd737e50.JPG

10 hours ago, zain611 said:

Bought these 2 games and arrived today. Went to the sorting office today as I missed a delivery yesterday (thinking it was the games) but it turned out to be sugar free sweets my dad ordered. Played the first game of the dishonored series and really liked it and got the platinum trophy. Got these two for just 拢20.DSC_0486.thumb.JPG.35bbe567711b624023ff0f2a9742e649.JPG

Just put in one of them in the PS4 and have a long time to wait for the update to finish 馃槾. Will put it in rest mode during the night so it can finish installing.聽DSC_0487.thumb.JPG.7c58ea72c21ac3a70c0ca214dd737e50.JPG

Back in the day we could just stick the disc in and play games...none of this installing, followed by hours of downloads...then more hours of downloads every fortnight, progress eh! :biggrin: 聽 My broadband is fairly slow at like 2MB download, so it literally takes the whole day to download Call Of Duty updates lol.聽 Often the Xbox shuts of halfway as well...I guess it's to save power but you'd think downloading would override that! :laugh:

Not sure Dishonoured would be my sort of game, I prefer more 'realistic' games like CoD and Assassins creed, not a fan of Sci-Fi stuff tbh.聽 拢20 is a good price though, was that from eBay or something like CD Keys?

Be careful with sugar free sweets btw...most have warnings on the back, the artificial sweetener used is a laxative so don't eat too many!! :lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Back in the day we could just stick the disc in and play games...none of this installing, followed by hours of downloads...then more hours of downloads every fortnight, progress eh! :biggrin: 聽 My broadband is fairly slow at like 2MB download, so it literally takes the whole day to download Call Of Duty updates lol.聽 Often the Xbox shuts of halfway as well...I guess it's to save power but you'd think downloading would override that! :laugh:

Not sure Dishonoured would be my sort of game, I prefer more 'realistic' games like CoD and Assassins creed, not a fan of Sci-Fi stuff tbh.聽 拢20 is a good price though, was that from ebay or something like CD Keys?

Be careful with sugar free sweets btw...most have warnings on the back, the artificial sweetener used is a laxative so don't eat too many!! :lol:

I bought the games from ShopTo, was selling both games for 拢10 each plus they give free 1st class delivery and dispatch it same day before you order before 6pm. Yesterday I put the PS4 into rest mode and after about 15 minutes I turned it on again to check the progress. It went from 2.608MB to 3.208MB which was a big jump in that short time. Just checked again now in the morning and it's finished downloading. Have actually started playing call of duty black ops zombies again. Forgot how fun that was. Will play some zombies during the day then play dishonored 2 in the evening. Don't want to finish it so quickly. I think you should look at other genre games, I used to be the same wanting realistic games but I did like games like ratchet and clank and dishonored so thought what's the point.聽

With your xbox you can check the power save option to see if there's an option there to keep it on for a certain amount of time when it notices nothing is happening.聽

Lol I don't really have sweets all the time. The stuff I hear about sugar in my degree makes me think about it. My dad is diabetic so both it to treat himself though like you said the laxatives聽

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

This 'Ford Focus' advert picture... 聽https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/230320827548990/?ref=feed_rhc

Been trying to work out where I'd seen that car for the last couple of days and just remembered...anyone else remember it? :laugh:

I think the seller had a bit too much to drink or the heat has gotten to their head 馃槀. I do like the description. Sounds and looks like a 馃崑

Screenshot_20180702-163845.png

I do like a random act of pure kindness and charity I experienced tonight.
At my local Tescos topping up with petrol and a guy at an adjacent pump filling a Honda Jazz asks me if I'm running on ths standard Goldyear F1 tyres.
On confirming that I am He then offers me a spare tyre for nothing.
The guy had recently chopped from an ST to a 17 plate RS and had the tyre loafing in his garage since.
Admittedly I at first invisaged waking up in a bath of ice minus a kidney but he appeared 100% gen so went along with it.
He lived literally just around the corner from the store and on following him there find he indeed has a cracking RS on the drive.
The tyre has had a professional mid tread puncture repair but has zero visible wear so seeing that new F1 tyres are 拢114 from the likes of Blackcircles.com it was a no brainer.
A sincere thanks goes to a decent honest guy, a rare commodity nowadays.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 9

@Stoney871聽if I was you I'd of been a bit wary of that person 馃槀. I'd say that from my experience I had when I bought my fiesta. Wish there was more kind people like that.

The previous owner of my car said he had work done to it (mechanicaly) and had it remapped. He also said it was his wife's car so wanted to make sure it was working properly. Went to see it and noticed his friend was there who had a 16 focus ST diesel. He also showed me a picture of the guys 2 focus RSs mk2 and 3 with the fiesta next to it. You'd think yes your with proper ford enthusiasts. Mileage was 2 thousand miles over advertised which wasn't really a problem and few dents on it which the guy said they weren't there when he bought the car. Car drove really nicely however. Bought the car and the guy said he'll send the paperwork on the work he said he did. Till this day nothing has come which just makes me believe he was lieing. After a year of owning I'm happy with it but that's after fixing the injectors which the previous owner covered up.

What I've learnt from this is don't rush into a car and don't bring anyone with you who has to go work on the same day. My dad had to go work late on that same day which made him rush things a bit. Really could of just walked away as soon as we saw he didn't have the paperwork with him. I have paperwork on all the service and upgrade parts receipts I've done on the car so at least the next owner will be happy plus they can check this forum of my build thread.聽

Rest assured I was at no risk.
Not long left work so my bag with baton & cuffs etc was still in the boot.
Tyre will be checked by work mechanics prior to storing in the shed so I will know if it's 100% safe.
The guy was totally genuine and no money was asked so no harm - no foul.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

• Like 1

Listening to soothing 80s music late night 馃槾. I like to listen to the music playlist on Spotify of one of the GTA games which had great picks of 80s songs. Probably better than music nowadays.聽

15309229807171875490936.jpg

• Like 3

Zain, you can't beat the Vice City soundtrack (the best soundtrack of any GTA game)聽or a lot of the tunes from the 80's. I grew up with that kind of music and I love it.聽

• Like 1

Retro music is great, since having DAB radio in the car again I've found several 80s and 90s stations.聽 :biggrin: 聽 Which is fine until I stop at traffic lights loudly singing along to Club Tropicana forgetting the window is down... :lol:聽 I then have to leave the lights with a load of revs and wheelspin to reaffirm my masculinity. :tongue:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nick Y said:

Zain, you can't beat the Vice City soundtrack (the best soundtrack of any GTA game)聽or a lot of the tunes from the 80's. I grew up with that kind of music and I love it.聽

Yeah lol I was about 7 when I played that game. Young I know but I actually didn't pick up any bad things from it which the media try to portray. I don't curse till now or try to start trouble. I was trying to find other soundtracks I used to hear my dad listen to. I wasn't born in the 80s so try to get into it.聽

Retro music is great, since having DAB radio in the car again I've found several 80s and 90s stations.聽 :biggrin: 聽 Which is fine until I stop at traffic lights loudly singing along to Club Tropicana forgetting the window is down... :lol:聽 I then have to leave the lights with a load of revs and wheelspin to reaffirm my masculinity. :tongue:

Lol I might try and find a 80s station. I like to listen to capital xtra. They play new songs which actually don't sound bad and are not or will be on the UK charts. Was thinking I could get that Sony stereo with Dab but because my ownership has cut short because of the emission zones I might just leave the standard one in

2 years is a long time mate...聽 I'd definitely recommend DAB now there are so many stations! :biggrin:

2 years is a long time mate...聽 I'd definitely recommend DAB now there are so many stations! :biggrin:

Unfortunately not up here! Apparently we can only get a few BBC channels 馃槥

8 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Unfortunately not up here! Apparently we can only get a few BBC channels 馃槥

I guess that's a problem with living on a remote island, too far to transmit via masts.聽 Out of interest, do you get mainland TV or does that have to be satellite/cable? 聽

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I guess that's a problem with living on a remote island, too far to transmit via masts.聽 Out of interest, do you get mainland TV or does that have to be satellite/cable? 聽

Yeah, downsides and upsides wherever you live I suppose.聽

We get all terrestrial TV channels including HD. No cable but obviously you have the choice of satellite if you want.

I think the lack of commercial radio stations will all be down to money. Probably not worth the outlay for the amount of return they'll get from advertising etc. only 20,000 or so folk聽

When I'm home I usually listen to Planet Rock, Absolute 80s etc on the Echo, no use in the car or truck though!聽

• Like 1

The result from the latest game of kickabout on the telly! 馃槃

I do like getting my new dual camera (front and rear dashcam) fitted and the car cleaned this weekend despite the weather (see don't like thread).

So glad I picked a white car. 馃榿

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club