Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like that I won a sort of prize on YouTube last night during a live stream I watch every month. The live stream is done by the son of Gerry Anderson (Thunderbirds creator).
I actually don't know what the prize was but I think it was some artwork or something. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Zico said:

@dtulip8 watch the road surface temp's in the coming days. A massive 1deg this morning and evening on the way to and from work ⛸️.

Oddly I haven't found the roads to be too slippery so far, even the shaded, untreated back roads were alright.  But the pavement by my parking space was lethal yesterday morning!  Car door was frozen shut but my feet slipped every time I tried to pull it!  I'm sure it gave the neighbours a giggle anyway! :laugh:  Someone usually puts grit down for us but I think it may have been the gardener who retired earlier this year... :unsure: 

5 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

You get 2 free games every month on PS4 (sometimes not worth playing) but you only get to keep them whilst your membership is active. If you let your membership lapse, you lose access to them. It works the same way with XBox Live games. 
All current gen consoles need a subscription to play online games because of the extra security they provide (note that PS4 and XB1 haven't been jailbroken yet like the 360 and PS3 were). 

Ah I see, my console knowledge is stuck in the past! :laugh:  

That's not gonna be helped by the only game I've asked for this year which is the 'latest' Call of Duty....the one I was playing in High School!! :lol:  Bit of a shame there's no new Assassins Creed this year...I always found them to be really immersive and helpful for getting through January when the weather is too bad to do anything else.  Then I like the short bursts of CoD online player the rest of the year.  I don't play anything else, haven't liked driving games since they became too realistic and I learnt to drive a real car, but I would give the next GTA a go if they ever make that...tbh I'd even take a San Andreas remaster lol.

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Ah I see, my console knowledge is stuck in the past! :laugh:  

That's not gonna be helped by the only game I've asked for this year which is the 'latest' Call of Duty....the one I was playing in High School!! :lol:  Bit of a shame there's no new Assassins Creed this year...I always found them to be really immersive and helpful for getting through January when the weather is too bad to do anything else.  Then I like the short bursts of CoD online player the rest of the year.  I don't play anything else, haven't liked driving games since they became too realistic and I learnt to drive a real car, but I would give the next GTA a go if they ever make that...tbh I'd even take a San Andreas remaster lol.

There will be a new GTA but it's not known when it will be released. 
I'm not a fan of CoD really. Too many plonkers playing it. 
I don't mind driving games but since Gran Turismo went down the esports route with GT Sport, it lost the magic of the previous games. 
I do sometimes play Forza 6, Horizon 3 and Horizon 4 on the XBox One though but I do like Horizon 4 as it's based on parts of the UK (Scotland and England). 

• Like 2

I like when you read forums and they always pick one against another,like Vauxhall and ford.
This case Android against iPhone,makes me laugh,mainly its Samsung against iPhone.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, jace1969 said:

I like when you read forums and they always pick one against another,like Vauxhall and ford.
This case Android against iphone,makes me laugh,mainly its samsung against iPhone.

Well, my Nokia 3310 is way better than an iPhone or Samsung. 😅😅😅😅😅

Well, my Nokia 3310 is way better than an iPhone or Samsung. [emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28][emoji28]
Nokia 3310 my that's a blast back when I had them,was it the 5510i when it started colour

3310! My first phone was a Nokia 3210. Still not old enough to have an aerial though...

Had another Nokia after that, then a Motorola Razr, 2 Blackberries, and now I've just bought my 3rd Samsung Galaxy (I have another Galaxy for work too).

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

3310! My first phone was a Nokia 3210. Still not old enough to have an aerial though...

Had another Nokia after that, then a Motorola Razr, 2 Blackberries, and now I've just bought my 3rd Samsung Galaxy (I have another Galaxy for work too).

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

My first was a 3210 as well! :biggrin:  Then moved onto a Motorola flip like everyone else in 2006, although not the RAZR, I had a V551 iirc...and that did have a removable aerial which I'm sure wasn't necessary! :laugh: 

My first one was an early NEC analogue phone in 1994.
Had loads of Nokia, Motorola, Siemens and Sony.
My current one is a Samsung S9+.
Wife recently moved on to a S10+ but I didn't see enough advances between the S9 & S10 yo personally justify the upgrade.
I invariably skip a version so will wait until an S11+ comes out before looking at upgrading again.
Recently been carrying out trials on the new ESN rsdio / phone system for emergency services due to replace the current Airwaves system, basically just a ruggedised Samsung smart phone with added connectors and buttons for specific functions - not bad at all and much lighter than the current stuff.

fea50ac009a39650cf1e39dfcadd4898.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 2/26/2015 at 10:12 PM, laumk7 said:

After all the negativity what about a thread of things we do like?

I'll start

Payday

Butterflies

A genuine smile

Lights staying on green

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Good food. Sunny days. Spending time with family and friends. 

7 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

My first one was an early NEC analogue phone in 1994.
Had loads of Nokia, Motorola, Siemens and Sony.
My current one is a Samsung S9+.
Wife recently moved on to a S10+ but I didn't see enough advances between the S9 & S10 yo personally justify the upgrade.
I invariably skip a version so will wait until an S11+ comes out before looking at upgrading again.
Recently been carrying out trials on the new ESN rsdio / phone system for emergency services due to replace the current Airwaves system, basically just a ruggedised Samsung smart phone with added connectors and buttons for specific functions - not bad at all and much lighter than the current stuff.

fea50ac009a39650cf1e39dfcadd4898.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Its amazing how thing have moved on,i had one of them massive Nokia, cant think the model of it but a bit smaller than a brick with see through rubber keys.

And also now how many makes there is now,back then there was about 4 and Nokia was the ones,i had loads of them.

You've made me think of early car phones with a big box of tricks hidden somewhere in the boot, an extra aerial, and a telephone handset (very like a normal phone, with a lead) mounted in the car somewhere. I remember getting one fitted in the Granada Scorpio of my then Chairman and the handset had to go on the armrest of the console. After fitting he decided he didn't like where it was and wanted it moved something like half an inch but with no holes showing, so we had to source a new armrest! Happy days (not!)😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reminded me of this meme!!  (Hopefully everyone on here can spot the mistake as well) :laugh:

n7ZUl8m.thumb.png.3d1f9aa62eb1e5644a547d11fe46c9c5.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

59 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Reminded me of this meme!!  (Hopefully everyone on here can spot the mistake as well) :laugh:

n7ZUl8m.thumb.png.3d1f9aa62eb1e5644a547d11fe46c9c5.png

Knowing your views on that model, probably best place for it!😀

• Haha 1

I did like watching "Yorkshire Walks" on BBC 4 a little earlier this evening - coincidentally I was doing the walk they showed (Runswick Bay to Whitby) today, so I almost feel I've done it twice in one day!

One of my favourite walks which I've done many times but never tire of, and there's a superb choice of fish and chip shops to look forward to when you reach Whitby!😀

• Like 2

My new car is finally ready! Should have it tomorrow or Saturday.

• Like 3

On 12/3/2019 at 10:15 AM, Nick Y said:

I do like that I won a sort of prize on YouTube last night during a live stream I watch every month. The live stream is done by the son of Gerry Anderson (Thunderbirds creator).
I actually don't know what the prize was but I think it was some artwork or something. 

Look forward to seeing that. 👍

16 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I did like watching "Yorkshire Walks" on BBC 4 a little earlier this evening - coincidentally I was doing the walk they showed (Runswick Bay to Whitby) today, so I almost feel I've done it twice in one day!

One of my favourite walks which I've done many times but never tire of, and there's a superb choice of fish and chip shops to look forward to when you reach Whitby!😀

Runswick bay is a little hidden gem. Been there quite a few times. Not keen on the big hill to/from the car park though. 
Whitby is one of my favourite places. My best friend lives there so am around Whitby several times a year. Tbh I do prefer it off-season or when it's quiet though. In summer you can't even get across the swing bridge because the tourists/pedestrians just don't give a monkeys about where they walk and how they walk across it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick Y said:

Tbh I do prefer it off-season or when it's quiet though. 

Yeah, so do we! We were last here for the Regatta week in August and it was a bit of a nightmare tbh, though the Typhoon display one day was great!

Much nicer this week - and we've had a lot more sunshine as well!😀

Just now, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yeah, so do we! We were last here for the Regatta week in August and it was a bit of a nightmare tbh, though the Typhoon display one day was great!

Much nicer this week - and we've had a lot more sunshine as well!😀

I always avoid event weekends such as Regatta. It's just too busy for me and my anxiety to handle unfortunately. 
As for walks, I've done part of the Cinder Track (the old railway line) from Whitby to Sandsend (across Larpool Viaduct) and did a small walk across the cliffs at Sandsend. 

I also in my younger years did a walk from Cloughton to Hayburn Wyke along the Cinder Track and then back to Cloughton along the cliff tops (Cleveland Way). 

20 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Look forward to seeing that. 👍

So do I, whatever it is. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I always avoid event weekends such as Regatta. It's just too busy for me and my anxiety to handle unfortunately. 
As for walks, I've done part of the Cinder Track (the old railway line) from Whitby to Sandsend (across Larpool Viaduct) and did a small walk across the cliffs at Sandsend. 

I also in my younger years did a walk from Cloughton to Hayburn Wyke along the Cinder Track and then back to Cloughton along the cliff tops (Cleveland Way). 

We won't be doing that week again - we just got a deal on a cottage we use quite often.

Unfortunately you can't now walk on the railway from Whitby to Sandsend. If coming over Larpool viaduct the track now ends opposite Pannet Park and you have to walk to Sandsend on the road or beach, then pick the old line up again to go on to Runswick.

I like when my new insurance which don't start until the 16th has gone missing from my statement, it showed up ''pending'' for a good 7 days and its gone, no pending or paid.

I have all paperwork etc dated so weird.

Isn't it a bit cold for leisure walking up North now?  I'm getting frostbite just walking round the block here!  😮

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club