Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Tdci Upgrades

samgreeny

Looks excellent mate,

Piper Performance sell a ready built ST replica duplex exhaust in 2.5" T304 stainless steel

Id colour code the bonnet lip,

You may also like to view my guide on fitting dual reverse lighting

Link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/29347-guide-fitting-second-reverse-light-ford-focus-mk25/#entry158997

Yeah I couldn't decide if to go for piper or 10 minutes away from me there is a place that does longlife exhaust but I can't decide?

Yeah I will be doing that soon.

Wanting to get zunsport grilles at some point as well. But they are £150 for the set.

thanks for that guide mate

• Like 1

Yeah I couldn't decide if to go for piper or 10 minutes away from me there is a place that does longlife exhaust but I can't decide?

Yeah I will be doing that soon.

Wanting to get zunsport grilles at some point as well. But they are £150 for the set.

thanks for that guide mate

Longlife may be cheaper than the Piper,

The Zunsport grills are lovely, 8 have them in my watch list on eBay along with the ST bumpers,

Ive created over 30 How to Guides for the focus,

You may like to view full list in this thread, i keep it updated as i create more but im more/less finished,

See this link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/

• Like 1

Longlife may be cheaper than the Piper,

The Zunsport grills are lovely, 8 have them in my watch list on eBay along with the ST bumpers,

Ive created over 30 How to Guides for the focus,

You may like to view full list in this thread, i keep it updated as i create more but im more/less finished,

See this link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/

The piper I was looking at was around £425 without fitting and long life is around £400. Only advantage for me is getting it to the spec and sound I want.

Been looking at them, making the list of one's I want to do

• Like 1

The piper I was looking at was around £425 without fitting and long life is around £400. Only advantage for me is getting it to the spec and sound I want.

Been looking at them, making the list of one's I want to do

Cheers,

I will get a video of the piper for you today, its delayed as i cant do it myself at present and would prefer to have it done when neighbours are out, as not to draw attention :rolleyes:

• Like 1

You may like to view my full list of guides can be viewed on my profile page:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/user/14733-lenny/

Or

If your using the forum App follow this link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/

Cheers,

I will get a video of the piper for you today, its delayed as i cant do it myself at present and would prefer to have it done when neighbours are out, as not to draw attention :rolleyes:

No worries mate thats fine.

• Like 1

No worries mate thats fine.

Ok so today i set out a plan to finally get a piper exhaust video done,

I obtained an old Satnav cradle from a Navman F20

And an old Android based phone which has a 7.0mp camera,

IMG_20150721_103221_zpsuwp4jbw4_edit_143

IMG_20150721_103209_zpsyyykosee_edit_143

Bonded the two together using a lot of PVC tape and got the wife to stick it to the reverse lens unit of the focus using its suction cup.

Had the wife then take the car for a run and here's the video:

Sorry about the smear of dirt on the bumper, she needed to wipe the reverse lens prior to bonding the suction cup thus causing the smear line on the bumper :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Ok so today i set out a plan to finally get a piper exhaust video done,

I obtained an old Satnav cradle from a Navman F20

And an old Android based phone which has a 7.0mp camera,

IMG_20150721_103221_zpsuwp4jbw4_edit_143

IMG_20150721_103209_zpsyyykosee_edit_143

Bonded the two together using a lot of PVC tape and got the wife to stick it to the reverse lens unit of the focus using its suction cup.

Had the wife then take the car for a run and here's the video:

Sorry about the smear of dirt on the bumper, she needed to wipe the reverse lens prior to bonding the suction cup thus causing the smear line on the bumper :rolleyes:

Good effort doing all that mate. Sounds good mate, really stuck which one to go for now after hearing that. Heard a longlife one I really like the sound of but I also like the sound of that one

• Like 1

Good effort doing all that mate. Sounds good mate, really stuck which one to go for now after hearing that. Heard a longlife one I really like the sound of but I also like the sound of that one

Heres another video from last year,

I didnt have a bracket to mount the phone back then i lay in the boot with my arm out videoing while VickiW drove

• Like 1

:driving:that's a wicked whoosh on the overrun lenny hanging out the back of the hatch while wife was driving :cry:

Sounds quality mate. Think you may have changed my mind on the piper. I can get the piper one for £425 (without fitting) but just got a quote on a long life one for £499 (with fitting) which is just a straight through from the cat.

One question about the straight through is will it be loud still while doing long journeys at 70-80mph? Just don't want to be having something that Is loud on a long journey

• Like 1

Sounds quality mate. Think you may have changed my mind on the piper. I can get the piper one for £425 (without fitting) but just got a quote on a long life one for £499 (with fitting) which is just a straight through from the cat.

One question about the straight through is will it be loud still while doing long journeys at 70-80mph? Just don't want to be having something that Is loud on a long journey

I'm not sure how loud a straight through would be on motorway runs mate,

Diesel isn't raspy but it does have a deep base rumble,

The 1.6TDCi standard exhaust doesn't have a pre-silencer in the exhaust system,

See standard 1.6TDCi Ford Focus Exhaust 1.75" diameter straight pipe to back box muffler:

Image2309_edit_1437763548683_zpsdreux7sl

But the standard 2.0TDCi exhaust has a pre-silencer situated below the front seats to reduce sound vibrations.

Now the Piper Performance 2.5" duplex is designed to fit the full range of focus diesel engines,

As result it has a long passive pre-silencer in the section which fits corresponding to the front seats as saw in the images of the piper system:

Image2306_zps15bf0ddc_edit_1437762744775

The straight through muffled section is the same as a straight pipe but it has a lagging jacket on it to resonate the low bass vibration from the area where its fitted reducing noise on long journeys:

Image2316_edit_1437763496754_zpsfr5tw6qb

The Piper Performance exhaust then has a rear muffler box:

Image2321.jpg

Followed by being split in to two separate pipes:

Image2322.jpg

Suspended on both sides of the chassis using ST hangers:

Image2312.jpg

Image2311.jpg

Finishing with choice of tips:

Image2314.jpg

Image2327.jpg

I suppose an option would be to cut off your existing rear muffler now resulting in a straight through system from the catalyst back.

You can then decide whether you would prefer straight through or muffled.

A straight through from the catalyst wont really sound much different though because the honeycomb network of channels within the dpf/cat chamber restricts flow and baffles the sound eliminating drone,

If there fitting a decat pipe such as the one available from PumaSpeed then you would have full back off drone aswell as increased performance, there wouldn't be any restrictions at all.

However i don't know if the noise would be annoying on motorway.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how loud a straight through would be on motorway runs mate,

Diesel isn't raspy but it does have a deep base rumble,

The 1.6TDCi standard exhaust doesn't have a pre-silencer in the exhaust system,

See standard 1.6TDCi Ford Focus Exhaust 1.75" diameter straight pipe to back box muffler:

Image2309_edit_1437763548683_zpsdreux7sl

But the standard 2.0TDCi exhaust has a pre-silencer situated below the front seats to reduce sound vibrations.

Now the Piper Performance 2.5" duplex is designed to fit the full range of focus diesel engines,

As result it has a long passive pre-silencer in the section which fits corresponding to the front seats as saw in the images of the piper system:

Image2306_zps15bf0ddc_edit_1437762744775

The straight through muffled section is the same as a straight pipe but it has a lagging jacket on it to resonate the low bass vibration from the area where its fitted reducing noise on long journeys:

Image2316_edit_1437763496754_zpsfr5tw6qb

The Piper Performance exhaust then has a rear muffler box:

Image2321.jpg

Followed by being split in to two separate pipes:

Image2322.jpg

Suspended on both sides of the chassis using ST hangers:

Image2312.jpg

Image2311.jpg

Finishing with choice of tips:

Image2314.jpg

Image2327.jpg

I suppose an option would be to cut off your existing rear muffler now resulting in a straight through system from the catalyst back.

You can then decide whether you would prefer straight through or muffled.

A straight through from the catalyst wont really sound much different though because the honeycomb network of channels within the dpf/cat chamber restricts flow and baffles the sound eliminating drone,

If there fitting a decat pipe such as the one available from PumaSpeed then you would have full back off drone aswell as increased performance, there wouldn't be any restrictions at all.

However i don't know if the noise would be annoying on motorway.

Sorry my delayed reply I've been busy recently with starting a new job and that.

I was talking to someone and they said with a straight through that it would get annoying with the noise when travelling at 70mph so I'm gonna go with the piper one. It sounds and looks good.

Thanks for the info mate.

I'm gonna get it ordered in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1

Sorry my delayed reply I've been busy recently with starting a new job and that.

I was talking to someone and they said with a straight through that it would get annoying with the noise when travelling at 70mph so I'm gonna go with the piper one. It sounds and looks good.

Thanks for the info mate.

I'm gonna get it ordered in the next couple of weeks.

No prob,

Congratulations on the new job,

I bought my piper exhaust back when i started my current job aswell.

• Like 1

No prob,

Congratulations on the new job,

I bought my piper exhaust back when i started my current job aswell.

Thanks mate.

Perfect timing for it then haha.

Have you fitted your k&n57s-4000 yet? If so have you noticed any different between that and just the standard k&n air filter replacement?

• Like 1

Thanks mate.

Perfect timing for it then haha.

Have you fitted your k&n57s-4000 yet? If so have you noticed any different between that and just the standard k&n air filter replacement?

The Wife will hopfully fit it for me tomorrow,

Im still not driving but i can give a passenger's review for now when fitted,

Im expecting an increase from what others say about it and the side port should result in zero restriction.

• Like 1

The Wife will hopfully fit it for me tomorrow,

Im still not driving but i can give a passenger's review for now when fitted,

Im expecting an increase from what others say about it and the side port should result in zero restriction.

sorry to hear that mate.

I'm just debating weather to get just the standard one or get the 57s. Just not sure if the extra £70-£100 for the airbox section is worth it

• Like 2

sorry to hear that mate.

I'm just debating weather to get just the standard one or get the 57s. Just not sure if the extra £70-£100 for the airbox section is worth it

Vicki fitted the K&N57s induction kit today mate,

Its the same circumference as the Green Cotton Performance filter,

However the K&N E-9289 filter has more pleates in it creating a larger area on the cylinder

IMG_20150801_110126_zpsnuppojdq.jpg

The side induction filter is an inverted cone set inside the cylinder:

IMG_20150801_110101_zpsgi8irykn.jpg

K&N say "Guaranteed Performance Increase"

IMG_20150801_085046_zpsk7aamfew_edit_143

SciFiFantasyHorse_PowerhorsepowerjpgrZd3

They have provided two decals at +5bhp each to ensure optimum results :)

IMG_20150801_085436_zpsjod66d1c_edit_143

I've been in passenger seat and it does have a nice induction sound especially at 2500rpm in 3rd Gear onwards.

Vicki says it feels like the egr valve has been blanked again,

Well the egr is already blanked and remains that way,

She means the performance increase is much the same as the increase felt from blanking egr valve.

Full images install aswell as link to supplier are viewable on July's build thread update,

Link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41443-taking-oval-to-blue-horizon-lennys-build-thread-2010-2015/?p=507289 O

Already getting 68MPG from the Green Cotton Performance Induction filter,

But ill update regarding MPG etc.

At later date.

• Like 3

Vicki fitted the K&N57s induction kit today mate,

Its the same circumference as the Green Cotton Performance filter,

However the K&N E-9289 filter has more pleates in it creating a larger area on the cylinder

IMG_20150801_110126_zpsnuppojdq.jpg

The side induction filter is an inverted cone set inside the cylinder:

IMG_20150801_110101_zpsgi8irykn.jpg

K&N say "Guaranteed Performance Increase"

IMG_20150801_085046_zpsk7aamfew_edit_143

SciFiFantasyHorse_PowerhorsepowerjpgrZd3

They have provided two decals at +5bhp each to ensure optimum results :)

IMG_20150801_085436_zpsjod66d1c_edit_143

I've been in passenger seat and it does have a nice induction sound especially at 2500rpm in 3rd Gear onwards.

Vicki says it feels like the egr valve has been blanked again,

Well the egr is already blanked and remains that way,

She means the performance increase is much the same as the increase felt from blanking egr valve.

Full images install aswell as link to supplier are viewable on July's build thread update,

Link: http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41443-taking-oval-to-blue-horizon-lennys-build-thread-2010-2015/?p=507289 O

Already getting 68MPG from the Green Cotton Performance Induction filter,

But ill update regarding MPG etc.

At later date.

Sounds quality mate. I decided to order one of them. amazon had them for £125 but are currently out of stock so just waiting for them to get them back in stock and the order of it will be on its way to me. Hopefully soon!!!

Just about to order my exhaust this week as well. A mate thats a mechanic is going to fit it for me.

• Like 1

Sounds quality mate. I decided to order one of them. Amazon had them for £125 but are currently out of stock so just waiting for them to get them back in stock and the order of it will be on its way to me. Hopefully soon!!!

Just about to order my exhaust this week as well. A mate that's a mechanic is going to fit it for me.

Sweet!

I know there is a high demand for the 57s kit,

I waited 4 weeks for mine to arrive because K&N are working overtime in there manufacturing plant in America manufacturing the induction box lids to meet European demand.

I know prodigy Motorsport where i bought mine, still has one in stock within the UK,

Linked above in my build thread.

I strongly recommend the 57s kit mate makes a huge difference but costs 2km per litre,

Green Cotton induction was 23km per litre,

57s is 21km per litre

But the torque and sound is just massive :)

The piper performance exhaust system is a straight fit aswell,

You will need to purchase two or three 2.5" exhaust flange gaskets,

Or a tube of exhaust gasket paste to seal between flanges.

• Like 2

Sweet!

I know there is a high demand for the 57s kit,

I waited 4 weeks for mine to arrive because K&N are working overtime in there manufacturing plant in America manufacturing the induction box lids to meet European demand.

I know prodigy Motorsport where i bought mine, still has one in stock within the UK,

Linked above in my build thread.

I strongly recommend the 57s kit mate makes a huge difference but costs 2km per litre,

Green Cotton induction was 23km per litre,

57s is 21km per litre

But the torque and sound is just massive :)

The piper performance exhaust system is a straight fit aswell,

You will need to purchase two or three 2.5" exhaust flange gaskets,

Or a tube of exhaust gasket paste to seal between flanges.

Awesome I will have a look on their website then and see if I can get one ordered for sooner than waiting for the one off amazon.

Will this one fit my car? 2010 plate. They say it's for 05-08 but when looking in the piper booklet I got from ford fest they only have one that's 05 - onwards for focus mk2. So I presume this one would fit mine?

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK2-PIPER-STAINLESS-DUPLEX-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-/110382034209?nav=SEARCH

• Like 1

Awesome I will have a look on their website then and see if I can get one ordered for sooner than waiting for the one off amazon.

Will this one fit my car? 2010 plate. They say it's for 05-08 but when looking in the piper booklet I got from ford fest they only have one that's 05 - onwards for focus mk2. So I presume this one would fit mine?http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-MK2-PIPER-STAINLESS-DUPLEX-EXHAUST-SYSTEM-/110382034209?nav=SEARCH

It sure will fit mate,

The chassis is the same from 2005-2011 exhaust is also the same,

Only differences were tge bumpers and panels,

The bumpers were designed to fit around the exhaust in regards to zetecS and ST rear bumpers,

The tip locations are identical to the ST from 2005-2011

• Like 1

It sure will fit mate,

The chassis is the same from 2005-2011 exhaust is also the same,

Only differences were tge bumpers and panels,

The bumpers were designed to fit around the exhaust in regards to zetecS and ST rear bumpers,

The tip locations are identical to the ST from 2005-2011

Quality. cheers mate.

Well i will be ordering it this week then. Now to decide what tips i want.

Do you know which fit the st bumper the best? the 3.5inch or the 4inch?

• Like 1

Quality. cheers mate.

Well i will be ordering it this week then. Now to decide what tips i want.

Do you know which fit the st bumper the best? the 3.5inch or the 4inch?

Piper Performance used to advertise and perhaps still do advertise an ST replica exhaust kit,

Its the same duplex kit but has the most replicated exhaust tips fitted,

I think the 3.5" are the replica tips,

I went for oval tips to match the rear ford badge, but i wasnt limited to a certain width of tip having the zetecS diffuser,

I will have to change tips when fitting ST bumper aswell.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club