Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk3 Instrument Cluster Swap

iantt

On 10/13/2015 at 10:52 AM, iantt said:

Just thought I would mention a quick mod to those with small monochrome display in instrument cluster.

Just swapped in a larger tft cluster, plug and play apart from writing in my higher current mileage. Doing that next.

post-59356-144472990786_thumb.jpg

post-59356-144472993253_thumb.jpg

Is it literally just a one for one swap i have the top one and I just find it boring as hell! Do you have any links as to where I could pick one up please 

Yeah straight swap. As long as you've got the right petrol/diesel variant then it is just plug and play. If using one from a facelift in the pre-facelift you do lose a couple of things. I believe auto dimming and sound for the parking sensors but can't remember.

Mileage is also stored in the cluster so would need adjusting to match your car.

On 11/26/2020 at 9:08 PM, jlawes20389 said:

Yeah straight swap. As long as you've got the right petrol/diesel variant then it is just plug and play. If using one from a facelift in the pre-facelift you do lose a couple of things. I believe auto dimming and sound for the parking sensors but can't remember.

Mileage is also stored in the cluster so would need adjusting to match your car.

This can be fixed by downgrading the firmware / calibration files for thr pre face lift buy then you lose digital speedo and 2nd trip.

• 1 month later...

Hi @JW1982,

I have a 2012 Titanium MK3 which I upgraded from the BT/VC to SYNC3 as you may recall (I posted a how-to). My Titanium has the larger IPC screen from factory with the 4 column layout, and I'm looking to upgrade that to the latest IPC software to get the digital speedo etc

Will that cause any problems with me now having SYNC3 instead of the original setup? I have reverse parking sensors, reverse camera (all OEM) that work fine on the SYNC3 system at present.

Do I need to upgrade all the files, or just some if I already have this 4 column IPC software?

Thanks,

James

Wilko will likely know best but I think that if you still have the MK3 parking assist module rather than the MK3.5 one, you'll loose the parking sensor sound and visuals.

As for the software, updating all is best as they'll be compatible with eachother. Mix and match may not be fully compatible I would imagine.

• 1 month later...

Hello, sorry for bumping this thread.

@JW1982

I am curious about the mk3.5 speedometer cluster, you talk about incompatibility issues.

I have a ford focus mk3 edge without any added features, so no sync, reversing camera, parking sensors, etc. colour of the dash is different too

You mention how those don't work if use a 3.5 cluster on a mk3 car. Is there any other problems other than stuff like that?
I would like the digital speedo and since i don't have any of the added features, would it be that much of a problem for me?

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone can see this post but just bought a mk3 focus and want to upgrade my instrument cluster. Has anyone any idea of the cost to change the mileage in the new cluster? 

• 4 months later...

Hi 

Can anyone please show me where can i find mk3.5 Europe LCD instruments cluster firmware

Yeah . I hope so too bro . 

I have a focus trend mk3.5 2016.  1.6Tdci

With basic instrument cluster .

I want to swap it with an LCD one... 

The way i see it . I will be facing  a problem with the modified Foccus wich is not compatible with the mk3.5 .. so i can not adjust the mileage.. 

Anyone can help me with this???

I believe you can correct the mileage upwards using forscan too.

Is the new cluster a lower mileage than the one being removed?

If so you should be good with forscan.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Redenez said:

can not adjust the mileage

You can use the licenced version (about GB £10) of Forscan to adjust mileage upwards but not down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unofix said:

You can use the licenced version (about GB £10) of Forscan to adjust mileage upwards but not down.

Good point, I was forgetting about the extended licence part.

• Like 2

Great !! The new cluster is lower mileage ... i will use Forscan with licence . Thanks guys. I appreciate it 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping an old thread but today I tried to change my mileage using JW's foccus software and after reading from bcm and writing to ipc both bcm and ipc tabs came up empty and I didn't understand why, any suggestions?

firefox_64SSvYQ86D.png

firefox_QhsUGxSwKq.png

I may be misunderstanding what you're attempting to do because if you are reading the bcm and then writing to the IPC, to me that sounds like you are reading the central config from the bcm and writing it to the IPC.

If that is what you're doing then this is unrelated to the actual mileage adjustment. It is recommended to do as the IPC stores a backup of the central configuration in the bcm so reading from the bcm and writing to the IPC ensures that they are matching should the backup in the IPC be needed.

The mileage adjustment is simply by pressing the write button under odometer in your first screenshot. Be aware that you need to input the desired mileage in kilometres instead. The IPC can also only be adjusted upwards so if you're new one has more miles on it than your old one, you can't adjust it down with Focccus.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jlawes20389 said:

I may be misunderstanding what you're attempting to do because if you are reading the bcm and then writing to the IPC, to me that sounds like you are reading the central config from the bcm and writing it to the IPC.

If that is what you're doing then this is unrelated to the actual mileage adjustment. It is recommended to do as the IPC stores a backup of the central configuration in the bcm so reading from the bcm and writing to the IPC ensures that they are matching should the backup in the IPC be needed.

The mileage adjustment is simply by pressing the write button under odometer in your first screenshot. Be aware that you need to input the desired mileage in kilometres instead. The IPC can also only be adjusted upwards so if you're new one has more miles on it than your old one, you can't adjust it down with Focccus.

I didnt find the exact method of doing it and some people in previous pages mentioned to read the bcm and write to ipc. So even if the IPC tab is empty I should put the desired mileage and then hit Read?

If you press read, that should show the current mileage of the odometer. 

To change it, type the desired amount in KM in the box and press write.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 10:08 AM, jlawes20389 said:

If you press read, that should show the current mileage of the odometer. 

To change it, type the desired amount in KM in the box and press write.

I just plugged it back in and didnt do anything else besides clicking read below odometer and then set after changing the number to my desired mileage, thanks very much managed to correct the mileage without spending a fortune 😁

• 9 months later...

Ciao ragazzi ho fatto l'upgrade dell software dell IPC alla versione mk3.5  pero mi ritrovo con un problema dopo diversi accendi e spegni della machina l'IPC azzera i valori temporanei(chilometri,durata della mercia, consumi ecc) qualcuna mi puo aiutare per favore

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club