Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

3 minutes ago, Incontro said:

So apparently my YouTube video is starting to get some hateful comments lol.

Was I in the wrong there? You folks can tell me if I was, I have thick skin :wink:

I don't think you were wrong at all.  I would have done the same thing - it is called being considerate! 

• Like 1

I wouldn't have stopped there personally tbh, but the taxi could've put his foot down as well, I don't see it as all your fault - but maybe there had been prior 'slowness' before the video?  He doesn't know you only have a slow auto. :wink: 

Would hate to think he got to court in his stolen BMW late though!! :laugh:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I wouldn't have stopped there personally tbh, but the taxi could've put his foot down as well, I don't see it as all your fault - but maybe there had been prior 'slowness' before the video?  He doesn't know you only have a slow auto. :wink: 

Would hate to think he got to court in his stolen BMW late though!! :laugh:

Thanks both for opinions.

Tom - no prior slowness whatsoever before the video (actually driving quite fast, as I'd been stuck on my commute for over an hour by that point). I scanned the lights ahead and saw that they were red, and plus traffic was moving really slowly, hence why I gave way. Otherwise I'm definitely not one of those that slam on the brakes at 30mph in residential areas to let people out of side-streets (in fact I find it very annoying). Still appreciate your viewpoint, maybe it actually would have been preferable to NOT give way in that situation. :smile:

I did something similar myself the other day, saw indicators in the other lane up ahead on a fairly busy road, had a decent gap in front of me so waved the car out to stop the traffic backing up behind them...turned out it was separate right turn lane so there was no traffic backing up, and the car I waved across took so long to move I had to actually stop.  :rolleyes:  Got a honk from behind but knew I shouldn't have done it as soon as I had lol.  We all make mistakes at the end of the day, I hope you monetize the videos as that will probably get a fair few hits! :biggrin: 

• Like 1

Garage that can't do simple things...

My focus was in the garage getting some stuff done yesterday that should have been done before I bought it. One of the things was replacing the boot badge. They had the car the whole day, I picked the keys up at 4:30 and moved the car 300 yards to park it on the street for me to pick it up later. ( I was on my bike so couldn't drive it home at the time) 

Went to pick it up around 8pm and found the badge on the boot lip. :-/ 

How can a garage not even stick a badge on securly?! 

Ran out of pritt stick? :s

• Like 1

Can't remember the last time I was content with a garage job...  So I've done all my own !Removed! ups for free since about 2010. ;)

• Like 1

Possibly ran out of pritt stick ;-) The badge has an adhesive sticker on the "flat" part of it , but doesn't seem strong enough to hold it on by itself. 

The only reason the garage is doing it as it was meant to be done before I bought the car, along with replacing the broken parcel shelf, the missing battery cover, testing the battery and topping up the oil. All getting done for free, but it is taking up my time :-/ 

I don't like driving 40 miles to get a flipping strimmer!  I really need to get some prescription sunglasses as the evening sun is right at eye level and makes seeing the road ahead rather difficult... 

I don't like Friday the 13th.

Wrongly assumed that was all superstitious nonsense! :mellow: 

I don't like possibly having a slight exhaust leak...  It isn't noticeable from inside the car (even when revving to 5,000RPM, which I do *cough cough* occasionally...), but from outside there is a "buzzing" coming from the mid-section at over 2,000RPM whilst driving.  It wasn't there when I bought the car, and in fact only started happening after I began driving it, which probably says a lot for my driving style! :laugh:

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like Friday the 13th.

Wrongly assumed that was all superstitious nonsense! :mellow: 

You found out it wasn't, then?

I knew it would be terrible, and alas it was.  I actually forgot about it until late afternoon, when I remembered and understood why my day was going worse than usual.

Yay...I get to spend my weekend at Beckingham Army Camp, doing a pretty pointless course...because apparently I know nothing about the organisation...despite my previous service in a substansive rate...

Ah yes Sean, but unless you have a ticket or certificate then no one wants to know, experience doesn't matter, paper does!

Even if I did, they'd still make me do it!!

Only saving grace is the instructor is a mate (well, she's my District Officer, but also a mate lol)

I don't like feeling half-dead after cleaning the 405, to then turn around and see the next job on my list... :ohmy:

WP_20160514_17_00_29_Pro.jpg

WP_20160514_17_00_34_Pro.jpg

WP_20160514_17_00_37_Pro.jpg

WP_20160514_17_00_40_Pro.jpg

WP_20160514_17_00_48_Pro.jpg

Paint presumably?  Don't think soap and water will do much to that scuff, dent or alloy corrosion! :tongue: 

I don't like that the GTi6 is still broken, not even sure how or why it's happened, but this has been the most hassle I've ever had from a clutch change.  Basically where the speedo drive housing goes onto the diff, a diff bearing has popped out into it's place.  I tried slowly tightening the speedo onto the diff which started pushing it back...but then got stuck at the top and stripped threads out of the diff casing...sigh.  But worse than that, the bearing outer race is now wedged at a wonky angle and won't move even with a 'persuader'.  So as I've had enough of it, just put it back together with no gear oil, still drives ok lol, obviously not far though! :laugh: 

No, just a wash Tom! :laugh:

There are far too many imperfections on that car for me to even consider trying to sort it out, so the best it is going to get is a wash and wax to make it look half decent.  It would need a full respray (including alloys) and new N/S/F wing.

• Like 1

I don't like getting immobilised suddenly and with little warning, by what assume was some kind of bacteria, on Thursday evening.:sad:

What started off as a migraine with aura, soon progressed into a random vomiting and stomach cramp event coupled with what felt like, having a rugby ball wedged somewhere in my lower left quadrant. 

It's only now, that I seem to have gained the use of my digestive system and internal organs back.  Although the rugby ball effect is still there albeit, a rugby ball with a slow puncture.

As i hadn't eaten anything out on Thursday, it's a mystery where it came from:unsure:

Sounds like Norovirus.

Had that a few years back and felt like I was dying.

Plenty of probiotic drinks and fluids will help.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

That's not good Ghana.  I've had similar previously, and they usually take quite a while to alleviate for me, probably because I don't drink near enough fluids.  I'm not a big drinker (of the non-alcoholic variety!) at the best of times, so when I feel ill the last thing I want to do is drink, which I know just prolongs the illness. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Sounds like Norovirus

Having just google it: it certainly matches the symptoms and rapid onset. :ohmy:

25 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I'm not a big drinker (of the non-alcoholic variety!) at the best of times,

I always manage to drink around 2-3 litres of water during an evening, but I have drunk a bit more.  Although that consequently means more loo trips:huh:

4 minutes ago, GMX said:

Having just google it: it certainly matches the symptoms and rapid onset. :ohmy:

I always manage to drink around 2-3 litres of water during an evening, but I have drunk a bit more.  Although that consequently means more loo trips:huh:

Good Lord!  I'm lucky if I have 500ml of water per day.  I do consume an average of 1 litre of energy drinks and 1 litre of tea/coffee though, not that either of those are particularly "hydrating"!

It might be because whatever I'm drinking; I drink fast, so it doesn't seem like a lot

Brandy drinks a lot of water for her size, she must drink around a litre a day, judging by the number of times her various bowls need refilling. 

Energy drinks are not something I've ever used much.

Coffee upon waking, in fact three coffee in quick succession before Brandy's morning stroll,  Tea and coffee throughout the working day, interspersed with water and then just water up until bedtime

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club