Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

4 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

Could you get signed off from work & in the process find more suitable/enjoyable work because I know you, like me, hate your job lol.  Your lucky your keys are still there/nothing got nicked 

To be honest I'm lucky the CAR is still there! :unsure:

I need to do something, that is for sure. 

I don't like waking up this morning and opening the curtains to see both cars with their wipers lifted up from the windscreens...  Some people need to get a life!!

12 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like getting something from inside the Hyundai before going out in the 405, and returning home to find the key hanging from the door lock... 

I could have sworn that I took it with me, but evidently I didn't.  In actual fact I'm getting quite worried, as it isn't the first thing I've done like that - and it has only been happening lately.  It's undoubtedly stress related, but there is absolutely nothing I can do about it - other than get signed off work and lose money which would stress me even more. 

My Dad once left the keys in the boot lock on his Volvo all weekend, only eventually realising what he'd done when he couldn't find them on the Monday morning. It's quite surprising no-one stole it!

Preoccupation with something else causes this sort of thing to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like waking up this morning and opening the curtains to see both cars with their wipers lifted up from the windscreens...  Some people need to get a life!!

What an odd thing to do.:mellow:

Still it could be worse, my mate lived in area, where for overnight recreation certain locals would kick the door mirrors off:sad:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GMX said:

My Dad once left the keys in the boot lock on his Volvo all weekend, only eventually realising what he'd done when he couldn't find them on the Monday morning. It's quite surprising no-one stole it!

Preoccupation with something else causes this sort of thing to happen.

Glad I'm not the only one!  It is actually surprisingly unlikely for a car to be stolen even if the keys are left in the lock, as most (decent) people wouldn't dare risk it, in case the owner had just gone out of eye-shot momentarily.

That said, a criminal would jump on the opportunity regardless.

6 hours ago, GMX said:

What an odd thing to do.:mellow:

Still it could be worse, my mate lived in area, where for overnight recreation certain locals would kick the door mirrors off:sad:

Indeed, although on the drive home this evening I noticed a couple of other cars with similar "symptoms" as the Hyundai and Peugeot had this morning, indicating that it was somebody walking home after a few drinks on a Friday night.

I know a lot of people would just laugh it off, but I still don't see the funny side.  Regardless of whether you damage it or not - YOU DON'T TOUCH OTHER PEOPLE'S PROPERTY :angry:

That said, I'm glad I don't live in your friend's location, that sounds ten times worse.

EDIT: Another don't like is the fact that I've had to edit this post five times to get it gramatically correct!!  My brain just isn't working today.

• Like 2

Don't like detailing the car(not because I hate cleaning it) but because I go around the passenger side to be reminded of the £1500 paint repair.  The previous owner had an accident(I'm assuming) and had a shody repair done & as such everytime I wash the car it sticks out like a sore thumb.  It is extremely depressing 

I don't like the almighty crash sound followed by a flying table, moments after I descended the stairs:sad:

Brandy who had followed me up, and then down, had fallen down the last six stairs and collided nose first into the occasional table.:ohmy:  Quite surprisingly she didn't utter a yelp or a howl.  In fact she didn't seem particularly bothered, as if falling down the stairs is quite a normal thing to do.:huh:

However, she does have 25mm impact wound between her eyes, which she was most reluctant to let me examine. Although for a sardine she was more willing.  There no bleeding, just a 25mm open line:sad:

Conveniently, one of our near neighbours is a vet, whom I texted a photo, with a "should I go to her vet now? she's just fallen down the stairs and hit a table nose first and done this" :unsure:

Moments later, vet neighbour came round, she examined Brandy: whilst Brandy examined another sardine.  She declared it's not a serious head wound just superficial nose injury but she gave Brandy an antibiotic injection, from her little black bag, to be on the safe side. 

• Like 2

I don't like the poor germination amongst the broad beans, it's currently about 30%:sad:

The recent cold and wet shouldn't have been problem, broad beans are fully hardy and are often sown in autumn..

Was going to rent a garage from the council for a couple of months, so my mother could park her car there while on holiday. I parked my own Focus in an equivalently sized garage last summer, and it was a tight squeeze but just about managed to.

Apparently a Honda CRV won't fit. Cue multiple tries, lots of swear words, parking sensors bleeping like crazy, and nearly knocking off the roof antenna (height is also ridiculously low).

I mean come on, it's far from a Hummer H1. I strongly suspect a Mondeo wouldn't fit either - how !Removed! useful!

I don't like having to park my car half way down the road because the same idiots who blocked me in the other day parked right outside my house.  And just my luck, as soon as my mother and I have had a glass of wine the car moves away.  A LOT OF USE NOW!!

Really, I wouldn't mind if said neighbours didn't have a DRIVEWAY that their visitors could park their car in.  I know it is unorthodox, but some people actually use driveways to park CARS in. 

• Like 2

Something I used to love as a child.  I now hate as I've just tried it & it's horrible.  Dandelion & Burdock.  I am severely upset by this.  I also don't like the car I jsut brought(doing a bit of a Mike Brewer thing) I'm not saying what make it is lol but It's made me appreciate the focus alot lot more 

5 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

Something I used to love as a child.  I now hate as I've just tried it & it's horrible.  Dandelion & Burdock.  I am severely upset by this.  I also don't like the car I jsut brought(doing a bit of a Mike Brewer thing) I'm not saying what make it is lol but It's made me appreciate the focus alot lot more 

Oh God, please...  PLEASE tell me it isn't what I think it is.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Oh God, please...  PLEASE tell me it isn't what I think it is.

It was cheap, cheerful & immaculate.  I'M SORRY OK!!!! I was vulnerable.  I feel so dirty.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

It was cheap, cheerful & immaculate.  I'M SORRY OK!!!! I was vulnerable.  I feel so dirty.

And so you should.  I hope it is kept at a safe distance from the Focus?  Don't want any cross-contamination.

There are only two models of "those" cars that I would even consider acceptable, and those are the Senator and the Omega with the I6 and V6 engines respectively.

Just now, jmurray01 said:

And so you should.  I hope it is kept at a safe distance from the Focus?  Don't want any cross-contamination.

There are only two models of "those" cars that I would even consider acceptable, and those are the Senator and the Omega. 

Oh yes this heap is on the front lawn, the Focus is in a dedicated space, under a tree & it's own number that matches the house.  The only thing acceptable to me is a Manta GTE or the Carlton of the Lotus genre

Just now, Preecematt said:

Oh yes this heap is on the front lawn, the Focus is in a dedicated space, under a tree & it's own number that matches the house.  The only thing acceptable to me is a Manta GTE or the Carlton of the Lotus genre

Seeing as this is the "don't like" thread, you may as well tell us what it is... 

1 minute ago, jmurray01 said:

Seeing as this is the "don't like" thread, you may as well tell us what it is... 

Ok.......  Cough, Cough, Cough Vectra Cough Achoooooo 

1 minute ago, Preecematt said:

Well, anything is better than a Corsa.  I presume it is a Vectra C?

• Like 1

Just now, jmurray01 said:

Well, anything is better than a Corsa.  I presume it is a Vectra C?

It's a 53 plate, to me it's a mk 2 but I don't know what Vauxhalls terminology is lol.  Looks like a piggy & goes like one to lol

6 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

You Sir are asking to get banned for sullying this club with mentioning that useless POS. :yucky:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

You Sir are asking to get banned for sullying this club with mentioning that useless POS. :yucky:

Please no!!! I can explain myself!  I'm the next Mike Brewer.  I can't get any lower than the underside of the bottom of the barrel

• Like 1

Lower than a snakes knackers.

😆

Sent from my SM-G930F

I don't like hayfever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Preecematt said:

It's a 53 plate, to me it's a mk 2 but I don't know what Vauxhalls terminology is lol.  Looks like a piggy & goes like one to lol

Yep, Vectra C pre-facelift.  What engine?  Diesel one, 120 or 150bhp version?

25 minutes ago, Maxxxykins said:

I don't like hayfever.

Me neither!  I seem to be getting delayed hayfever lately though, I can be outside for a while, even walked through a field of grass earlier.  Then an hour or more later it'll hit me and I'll be sneezing, snotty and itchy eyes...  What's with the delay lol??

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club