Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

21 hours ago, Zico said:

Man card revoked I'm afraid :biggrin:.

A few years back the original release used to be lethal. Now not even the XXX / Black Mint has any affect :whistling:.

I dreamed of owning that man card hahaha.  Christ man you must have balls of steel.  That shower gel was worse than spraying aftershave down below at the grand old age of 14, that's something I'll never do again

• Like 1

Coming up to a 4 entrance/exit roundabout and the car entering it by the opposite entrance NOT indicating, you start entering and then when they have just got onto the roundabout they start indicating right ie to go across your path forcing you to stop!!!

Also, same roundabout, when did approaching said roundabout and indicating right and taking the second exit become a thing? 

Even worse is when they combine the two!!! Start indicating right while halfway across and then leave on their second exit!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :rolleyes:

Roundabout road rage rant over! :smile:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Coming up to a 4 entrance/exit roundabout and the car entering it by the opposite entrance NOT indicating, you start entering and then when they have just got onto the roundabout they start indicating right ie to go across your path forcing you to stop!!!

Also, same roundabout, when did approaching said roundabout and indicating right and taking the second exit become a thing? 

Even worse is when they combine the two!!! Start indicating right while halfway across and then leave on their second exit!!!

:angry: :angry: :angry: :rolleyes:

Roundabout road rage rant over! :smile:

Ah, the Moray driving traits have obviously made their way to Orkney.

I don't think I've seen a single vehicle in the last week which has gone straight at a roundabout without indicating right.  Are these people truly ret@rded?  Wait, don't answer that!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Ah, the Moray driving traits have obviously made their way to Orkney.

Aye, morons everywhere!!  

Inverness, I have found, isn't too bad. However, we were there a few weeks ago and some idiot on the Inshes roundabout got a good horn blasting for being in the wrong lane!!! That idiot may, or may not, have been me! :whistling: 

1 minute ago, Turvey said:

Aye, morons everywhere!!  

Inverness, I have found, isn't too bad. However, we were there a few weeks ago and some idiot on the Inshes roundabout got a good horn blasting for being in the wrong lane!!! That idiot may, or may not, have been me! :whistling: 

I was in Inverness this afternoon, and thinking back I didn't have any murderous thoughts whilst there, so the drivers must have been of acceptable standard.

My mother has received a blast or two on the Inshes roundabout, but that's the same for any roundabout with more than two lanes...  What can I say, years of driving solely in Buckie/Elgin has taken it's toll on her city driving skills...  That's presuming she had any to begin with, of course! :unsure:

I don't like nearly T-boning a VW Golf which decided to pull out right in front of me at a roundabout this afternoon.  I was in the Focus so easily braked and swerved out of the way, plus gave her a blast of the horn.  Only afterwords did I see that she was a learner.  Why didn't I know that before?  Because the fecking L-plate was mounted to the top-left of the windscreen!!  What is it with the recent influx of people sticking them there instead of on the bonnet/bumper where they can clearly be seen!?

In that instance though seeing the L-plate in advance would have made no difference, as learner or not, I expect somebody behind the wheel of a car to know when to and not to pull out at a roundabout!!  When a car is immediately to your right YOU DO NOT PULL OUT.

*RANT OVER*

i dont like catching your hand in a tool and leaving a cut not too bad but had to makeshift a badage couldnt be bothered to track down a first aider for a ickle cut lol IMG_2572.JPG

I don't like Brandy and Molly having an argument over the rights of way to, and the use of the hall water bowl.  Molly decided she was going govern access to it, and every time Brandy walked towards it, Molly pounced and slapped Brandy with a clawed paw.:ohmy::sad:  Brandy then barked at Molly, which provoked Molly to slap her again:mellow: and Brandy uttered another woof and bit of a growl too.

So they'll both forget about it, I've had to separate them.  Molly is having some on her own in the lounge with her feathery cat toy and an extensive choice of cushions. Brandy is up here with me and has been distracted with a  pigs ear and her half chewed pork sword.

7 hours ago, AlexBartlam said:

i dont like catching your hand in a tool and leaving a cut not too bad but had to makeshift a badage couldnt be bothered to track down a first aider for a ickle cut lol IMG_2572.JPG

As improvised dressings go, sellotape and cloth is kinder to a wound than duct tape and loo roll, I once discovered.:unsure:

Upon removal, duct tape is just too sticky.  It tears the wound open, (worse than it originally was:ohmy:), and is also an ultra aggressive depilatory, should the wound be on somewhere hairy:eek:

9 hours ago, GMX said:

Upon removal, duct tape is just too sticky.  It tears the wound open, (worse than it originally was:ohmy:), and is also an ultra aggressive depilatory, should the wound be on somewhere hairy

yh i had to bite down and rip the tape off last night off the back of my hand 

I don't like my boxes of separated waste (for the recycling centre) are getting out of hand.  I now have to move five of them just to get in the garage, to get to the freezers, to get Brandy's tea out, daily:sad:

I was waiting until I had a car full, it didn't make a lot of sense just to take a few boxes down. However, I've left it bit too long. Most of it is wood offcuts, too small to do anything else with but treated or coated, so I can't use them in the woodburner in the winter (assuming it ever gets cold enough to need the woodburner again:laugh:) Although, the boxes of metal scrap and the electrical waste are catching up the wood!:mellow:

I also don't like I've mislaid my smaller Torx screwdrivers, somewhere in the office. I could scrape by with a hex  but they are in the same absent set:sad:

I don't like the fact That the new Henry hoover I bought exclusively for the car, Has yet to be used due to high winds. 

I don't like the cold weather making an appearance...  Actually had to put the heater on full-blast in the Focus on the drive home from work tonight as it was that cold!!

22 minutes ago, iantt said:

Such a difference a few hundred miles make, still 15c here.

Christ!  Lucky if it is 5*C here, add in the wind-chill and it feels around 2-3*C.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Christ!  Lucky if it is 5*C here, add in the wind-chill and it feels around 2-3*C.

BH!!! It's almost like the tropics here, compared to where you are!

Fresh air at last.

My house holds heat and humidity like crazy.

Been painting my kitchen over the last couple of days and been sweating like a madman even with all windows open wide.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I don't like selling the GTX...  I do like getting a buyer within 24 hours of listing for sale, and getting the asking price - but don't like admitting defeat and losing a 405...

That said, he has a mechanic who will apparently do the work to get it running reliably and through an MOT, so hopefully he follows through with that and keeps it on the road.  Would be nice to see another 405 (other than mine!) driving around. 

I don't like late blight:angry: All my tomato plants are now being infected, even the more resistant varieties:sad:

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like the cold weather making an appearance...  Actually had to put the heater on full-blast in the Focus on the drive home from work tonight as it was that cold!!

It's a rather warm 16°C here and we've got a southerly breeze making it feel even warmer

I don't like waking up to a freezing house...  Typical, the weather turns cold just before we go on holiday to stay in a caravan for 7 days, which aren't the warmest of places at the best of times!  Nevermind, at least it has heating...

...mine doesn't...

Discovered why the heater doesn't work...previous owner ripped out the hot air system and managed to disable the gas heater too...

15 minutes ago, SeanW said:

...mine doesn't...

Discovered why the heater doesn't work...previous owner ripped out the hot air system and managed to disable the gas heater too...

Can't you borrow one of the portable propane radiant heaters?

I don't like the thought of getting up in less than 7 hours and heading to work...  But, at least it is my last day before a two week break!

...mine doesn't...

Can't you borrow one of the portable propane radiant heaters?

To be honest, I'm not too bad at the moment - curtains shut and and hour gaming on the laptop has this end of the van nice and toasty lol

I'm back again in a couple of weeks for 3 weeks - so I'll make sure I have a little electric heater for that!!

• Like 2

Despite bathing her numerous times, i don't like when I don't step back away from the bath quick enough, as Brandy commenced her vigorous  "drying my fur" shake.:sad:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club