Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like being awake all night rubbing my wee baby girls belly, if I stop she wakes screams until I start again. She has had medicine and I don't think she is sore, it's not that kind of cry. I'm putting it down to teething and not wanting to be alone. I also do not like that she is upset [emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

I don't like being awake all night rubbing my wee baby girls belly, if I stop she wakes screams until I start again. She has had medicine and I don't think she is sore, it's not that kind of cry. I'm putting it down to teething and not wanting to be alone. I also do not like that she is upset emoji22.png

Not nice seeing one of your wee ones in distress! :sad: Have you tried Bonjela? http://www.bonjela.co.uk/product-range/teething/bonjela-teething-gel/

Just rub it on and let her 'chew' your finger. Seemed to help with all of our kids :wink:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lenny said:

He will eventually OD 

There must be a quicker way to rid him from our screens!

• Like 1

I don't like spending the first 3 hours of my shift today in the freezing cold because the heating controls were locked away and only the security guard knew the code...  Problem is, they made the security guard redundant when the company changed on Tuesday!!  The new company don't have a clue what they are doing and the place has already gone to hell in less than four days.

• Like 2

Temperatures in the indoor workplace are covered by the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992, which place a legal obligation on employers to provide a ‘reasonable’ temperature in the workplace.
I believe that if the temperature isn't acceptable within the first 2 hours of starting work then you have the right to leave the workplace or at least take more 'comfort breaks'.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Temperatures in the indoor workplace are covered by the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992, which place a legal obligation on employers to provide a ‘reasonable’ temperature in the workplace.
I believe that if the temperature isn't acceptable within the first 2 hours of starting work then you have the right to leave the workplace or at least take more 'comfort breaks'.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Don't worry - I did!! 

• Like 2

I don't like knowing there are limited day-light hours left, but lacking the motivation to go and do anything outside!!  I need to replace the wiper and air filter in the Ghia, and also wash both Foci, but I sitting in my armchair is just so much more comfortable...

12 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like knowing there are limited day-light hours left, but lacking the motivation to go and do anything outside!!  I need to replace the wiper and air filter in the Ghia, and also wash both Foci, but I sitting in my armchair is just so much more comfortable...

Replace wiper and air filter 10 minute job? Leave the cars dirty, they'll just get manky next time you go out in them :wink:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Replace wiper and air filter 10 minute job? Leave the cars dirty, they'll just get manky next time you go out in them :wink:

Good point... 

This weekend I don't like stiles.:sad:  The two extended weekend walks with Pipper have been hampered by the inclusion of stiles on the footpaths. Recognised trails have kissing gates with a low bar (around 1 metre high), adjacent to them for cyclists to push their bike under, wheelchair users and dogs too large to go through the gate.

Whilst my knee support has given me back most of my leg use: until the tendon tear heals I haven't got enough power to lift my lower leg high enough whilst bending it, to get over stiles.:sad:  The physio told me to refrain from any kind of jumping for a few months, so that ruled out leapfrog frogging, or vaulting the stile.. If there isn't barbed wire running along the horizontals, and the gap is wide enough, it was possible to go through the mid gap foot first; in the style of going down a slide, or crawling through the lower gap, but that means crawling through inevitable freshly deposited cow pats. :sad:  If there is barbed wire on the horizontals, you have the added fun of avoiding that too:ohmy:

The application and removal of socks is proving quite challenging too. :mellow:

On 03/02/2017 at 10:49 PM, Zico said:

I do like watching The Last Leg on Ch4 on a Friday. I absolutely detest the bell end that is Russell Brand :puke::sniper::rifle::gun_bandana:

Brandy loathed small scruffy men dressed in black that resembled Russell Brand until her dying day

• Like 3

On 01/02/2017 at 4:29 PM, jmurray01 said:

I don't like the 405 unexpectedly running out of washer fluid (thanks to no warning light!) and having to stop at an Esso station to buy some.  I didn't need any diesel so parked at the side and grabbed a 5L bottle of Carplan pre-mixed screenwash, thinking it would be £5 at the most...  Nope.  £9.99!!!  I'll be sure to stock up in future and always have a bottle in the boot of all vehicles to avoid such extortion.

That kinda reminds me of when I got my first haircut when I moved down to Aberdeen about 30 years ago. I walked into the place and got a haircut, handed over a £20 note and got a fiver back! I reminded her that I had given her a 20 and she pointed to the price board and right enough, 15 quid for a haircut!!!!!!!! This was when I was working in a bar earning £90 a week and still needed to pay for digs, food, bus fares etc Needless to say I didn't go back there! 

Not nice seeing one of your wee ones in distress! sad.png Have you tried Bonjela? http://www.bonjela.co.uk/product-range/teething/bonjela-teething-gel/

Just rub it on and let her 'chew' your finger. Seemed to help with all of our kids wink.png

Sorry only just got back on line, been a hectic few days. Thank you for your reply and suggestion. I love the taste of bonjela lol. It just seems to slide about and not get where it's supposed to and before I know it she has swallowed it. There is a liquid you can buy, not sure of the name but because it's a liquid then it coats your finger and then when she chews your finger it gets right on her gums. It doesn't seem to be a teeth thing though. Her temp went up to over 39 and the wife got a bit anxious and took her to the dr who said it was viral, just like I told her. I mean it's not as if it is my job to assess and triage people everyday, or is it lol

• Like 1

I don't like having a hole in the backbox of my mondeo, it's the backbox that runs the width of the car for the twin outlets. The hole is tiny and perfectly round, like it's been shot with a BB gun. Only done 20K

• Like 1

hole is probably supposed to be there, alot of back boxes have a small hole to let condensed water drain out preventing water build up corroding back box prematurley.

• Like 3

hole is probably supposed to be there, alot of back boxes have a small hole to let condensed water drain out preventing water build up corroding back box prematurley.

Seriously? Oh ffs it's a good job the repair didn't work then. I'll file it down and smooth it out then. Thanks @iantt

20170205_172220_zpsm76jwa52.jpg

Does that look like it's meant to be there? It is so round and perfect I did think it had been done intentionally but not for the good of the system. That will teach me for being cynical

• Like 1

Things I don't like - lately (past couple of months or so), the windows of my car keep getting fogged up. I always have the A/C on (which works, and does clear the windows) when driving, but whenever I come back to my car (whether it is an hour later, or the next morning), my windows are all foggy. :unsure:

I've felt around the passenger footwell near the pollen filter, and the carpets are all bone-dry.

Anyone know what might be the cause?

have you looked in the boot under the spare wheel to see if its dry

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, dezwez said:

have you looked in the boot under the spare wheel to see if its dry

Nope. Good point though, I will, and let you know

EDIT: Might it simply be due to the fact that I'm doing a lot of short journeys to work? (< 2 miles...)

I don't like the auto-wipers on the Qashqai, or the new Merc truck at work for that matter! Either going flat out when there's little to no rain, or not going at all when it's p****ng down!

I don't like my lawns have got too long. When I go outside to pick up Pipper's poo in the dark, I can't find them:unsure:, or I accidentally tread on a soft one whilst I'm looking:ohmy:  Brandy used to go on the drive, which made it easier.

With all the rain, it's been too wet to mow the lawn, and then when it's dry: it's too cold to cut it:sad:

On 07/02/2017 at 8:54 PM, Incontro said:

Nope. Good point though, I will, and let you know

EDIT: Might it simply be due to the fact that I'm doing a lot of short journeys to work? (< 2 miles...)

I used to have a de-humidifying cushion in my car when I did lots of short journeys.

The car never has long enough to dry out at this time of year otherwise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I used to have a de-humidifying cushion in my car when I did lots of short journeys.

The car never has long enough to dry out at this time of year otherwise.

Yesterday and today, no fogging whatsoever, despite having the heater on, AC OFF and recirculation ON.

So this leads me to think that there probably isn't anything wrong with the car per say - it's probably the damp weather, combined with my short journeys that make it foggy sometimes...

I don't like that Molly has "gone off" all the available brands of cat food I have in store for her (again):sad:

She has just rejected a bowl of Felix for supper, her dinner Whiskas was ignored, as was her breakfast Kitekat:mellow:

On 09/02/2017 at 7:16 PM, Incontro said:

So this leads me to think that there probably isn't anything wrong with the car per say - it's probably the damp weather, combined with my short journeys that make it foggy sometimes...

You haven't had a damp dog laying on the seats?  I used get fogged up windows in the Mk1 for a couple of days after having had a rather damp Brandy laying on the back seat.  I think the moisture used to wick away from her fur into the very stuffing of the seats.:mellow:

11 hours ago, GMX said:

I don't like that Molly has "gone off" all the available brands of cat food I have in store for her (again):sad:

She has just rejected a bowl of Felix for supper, her dinner Whiskas was ignored, as was her breakfast Kitekat:mellow:

You haven't had a damp dog laying on the seats?  I used get fogged up windows in the Mk1 for a couple of days after having had a rather damp Brandy laying on the back seat.  I think the moisture used to wick away from her fur into the very stuffing of the seats.:mellow:

As much as I wish I had a dog, I don't unfortunately. The dog in my profile pic is not mine (grandparent's dog).

I don't like losing my temper big time, which usually results in something expensive being damaged.  Mind you, it could have been worse as at least it was just a material object and not a person, which it very nearly could have been.

P.S.  It wasn't any of the cars in case you were worrying...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club