Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Went to Swindon - which a lot don't regard as the nicest of places, but it was OK I think. Nearly all of my mates are away (on hols/visiting family), so I ended up going alone, but it was still definitely worth it.
Yes deffo feeling better thanks bud, I'm now trying to go out a lot more, and not worry so much about saving etc, your advice was a good wakeup call. Plus you can't take the money with you when you die laugh.png

Yeah man you can save but just plan everything and around uk all you need is fuel money really

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was called in to have a quiet word. My transport supervisor said that the manager (who was a tyrannical hated fella by everyone ) had handed his notice in with immediate effect.
Oh how overjoyed I felt.

• Like 3

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 5:58 PM, Ken.K said:

da37bfe1eeb02090e06de89f6f48a6c2.jpg

I've got Fast and Furious 7 on dvd still in the plastic wrap,

Had to purchase the DVD from sky in order to be able to download a copy on to the satellite box at the time 😧

• Like 1

I do like taking a few days off and taking Pipper for back to back extended strolls through the rural parts of north Dorset, west Hampshire, south Wiltshire and east Somerset. :biggrin:  We have, according to the pedometer on my phone, covered almost 200 miles over 5 days of walking for close to 9 hours every day.  We met thousands of cows, a few hundred sheep, a small herd of pigs but only a couple of dogs, not a dogs like Pipper though; out for a walk.  They were  working collies, on the farms we passed through..

Camping on two occasions when I couldn't find any appropriate dog friendly B&B's.  Fortunately we found one, when Doris was blowing across the country: I would imagine tent erection would be more than a little irksome in winds gusting at 70mph with the added bonus of driving rain:ohmy::laugh:

I've only acquired two blisters after a sock failure on Wednesday, which is good:smile:  Five days of walking usually results in a few more.

The sock wore through and crumpled up on itself under my big toe joint, increasing the friction and blistering accordingly :wacko:

• Like 4

That's quite an achievement Ghana!!  You have a lot more stamina than me - which is rather worrying considering you are more than double my age... :ohmy:

I do like that it's Friday. 

The Focus passed it's MOT with no advisories, but then so it should seeing it's not even done 15k yet!!

Also had my first official exam today, an English Oral in which I had to do a 15 minute commentary on a very dreary poem. (Phillip Larkin if anyone is interested!) :laugh: But i got the poem i was most confident in, so overall im pleased. Roll on German Oral next week...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

I do like that it's Friday. 

The Focus passed it's MOT with no advisories, but then so it should seeing it's not even done 15k yet!!

Also had my first official exam today, an English Oral in which I had to do a 15 minute commentary on a very dreary poem. (Phillip Larkin if anyone is interested!) :laugh: But i got the poem i was most confident in, so overall im pleased. Roll on German Oral next week...

Good stuff!!  I would hope for the same result with my two Foci next month, but that'd probably be wishful thinking... :laugh:

55 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

That's quite an achievement Ghana!!  You have a lot more stamina than me - which is rather worrying considering you are more than double my age... :ohmy:

You don't really notice the distance when you've got a dog with you. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GMX said:

You don't really notice the distance when you've got a dog with you. 

That could be true, I've never had a dog in my adult life so couldn't say.  Perhaps I should borrow one and give it a go! :laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

That could be true, I've never had a dog in my adult life so couldn't say.  Perhaps I should borrow one and give it a go! :laugh:

If only one of my friends had a dog! None of them do :unsure:

I can't have one either (unless it's a tiny one like a poodle), as having always lived in small flats with no outdoor space, that's hell for a dog! Plus, vast majority of landlords don't allow pets.

48 minutes ago, Incontro said:

I can't have one either (unless it's a tiny one like a poodle), as having always lived in small flats with no outdoor space, that's hell for a dog! Plus, vast majority of landlords don't allow pets.

I have always liked small dogs, especially Pomeranians for some reason.  Regardless of the size though, they still need a lot of attention, which is hard when you work 40+ hours per week.  At least with the cat she takes care of herself (except food and water of course) and actually dislikes attention 95% of the time.

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Good stuff!!  I would hope for the same result with my two Foci next month, but that'd probably be wishful thinking... :laugh:

Haha! Do you think there is a likelihood of them failing then? :wink: I'm sure if they do it'll be an easy fix. 

Was quite pleased I was able to pay for the MOT myself tbh, I know it's not much but it's something, bit fed up of asking dad for money all the time as he pays my allowance, phone, car insurance, petrol etc. At least tax is only £30 when it needs renewing in May! :biggrin:

13 minutes ago, chrisroberson99 said:

Haha! Do you think there is a likelihood of them failing then? :wink: I'm sure if they do it'll be an easy fix. 

Was quite pleased I was able to pay for the MOT myself tbh, I know it's not much but it's something, bit fed up of asking dad for money all the time as he pays my allowance, phone, car insurance, petrol etc. At least tax is only £30 when it needs renewing in May! :biggrin:

Is there a likelihood of a Vauxhall Zafira catching fire? :laugh:

There isn't anything in particular that I know of.  All the tyres are fine, brakes work (including handbrakes with reserve travel), steering feels tight etc.., but at 17 and 18 years old, there has to be something that they will fail on, I'm almost certain of it.  If they do pass though, I'll be very happy.

I do like having had so little carbs, and having done around a 9 hour walk every day for the past 5 days, being able to include an entire carrot in tonight's tea without exceeding my 5% carb limit:smile:  It is almost 4 months since a whole carrot featured in a meal.

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

2 hours ago, Incontro said:

You can always borrow one for the day, my brother and SIL lend out their pugs via this site.

https://www.borrowmydoggy.com/

58 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

but at 17 and 18 years old, there has to be something that they will fail on, I'm almost certain of it.  If they do pass though, I'll be very happy.

My former 20 year old Astra always went through with neither advisories nor did it ever fail under my ownership. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, GMX said:

I do like having had so little carbs, and having done around a 9 hour walk every day for the past 5 days, being able to include an entire carrot in tonight's tea without exceeding my 5% carb limit:smile:  It is almost 4 months since a whole carrot featured in a meal.

You can always borrow one for the day, my brother and SIL lend out their pugs via this site.

https://www.borrowmydoggy.com/

My former 20 year old Astra always went through with neither advisories nor did it ever fail under my ownership. 

You have a driveway though, and more mechanical abilities than me for spotting things and fixing them!

IMG_20170225_115241_zps79xysivz.jpg

Contacted Moy Park via Twitter to ask if there "Family Pack" ment that the package contained; A granny, a mother and a daughter chicken.

But they respond to inform me that the "family pack" term is to describe or insinuate that the contents of the package are to be served to a number of people rather than a single individual serving.

😁 Top Respect 

• Like 2

I do like that the wind has got up during the morning, whilst Pipper and I wandered up the river Stour and around Kingston Lacy estate.  So, when we returned all the bedlinen I'd hung out first thing this morning: is completely dry; despite this morning being without sunshine and rather cloudy:smile: 

8 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Contacted Moy Park via Twitter to ask if there "Family Pack" ment that the package contained; A granny, a mother and a daughter chicken.

:lol1:

• Like 2

Finally my Cats in season is over and I had a nice sleep last night. Wow what 5 days it has been with yowling, meowing and all sorts of antics. Vet booked for neutering Next Week.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Finally my Cats in season is over and I had a nice sleep last night. Wow what 5 days it has been with yowling, meowing and all sorts of antics. Vet booked for neutering Next Week.

As far as I'm aware the vet won't neuter if the car has been mixing with others encase there's a bun in the oven.🐱+🐈=🐱🐈🐱🐈🐱🐈

As far as I'm aware the vet won't neuter if the car has been mixing with others encase there's a bun in the oven.[emoji192]+[emoji250]=[emoji192][emoji250][emoji192][emoji250][emoji192][emoji250]

Nah no mixing she is an in door so was very frustrated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ken.K said:

Nah no mixing she is an in door so was very frustrated.

Angry like a bag of weasels 😁

I do like having tomorrow and Monday off work!!  Woohoo!!!

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club