Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like having tomorrow and Monday off work!!  Woohoo!!!

I've got the whole week off [emoji2]
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Philf1 said:

I've got the whole week off emoji2.png

Rub it in why don't you!! :mellow::wink:

I'm off until Monday night.
So 2 days off for a change.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

I like that after me gentlemanly kicking off about being taken on permanent (from agency) but at a reduced rate of pay that because of my phone calls to HR and not going via the manager (who got the boot apparently ha ha) and also getting the transport supervisor on side I received a phone call from HR stating my pay would be the same as it was on agency. That's £25.20 difference per week. Not to be sniffed at. I got appreciation from the other 3 guys who got took on too.

I like that the 'No Beer Saturday' due to having to pick up a son after a party at 11pm has turned into 'Beer Saturday' because our daughter said she would go and pick him up! 

I also like the Scotland v Wales rugby score today! 

• Like 2

I do like going visiting family this weekend - it's a 100 mile roundtrip, and as usual was a pleasure in the Focus.

For some reason the Asda fuel that I last filled up with seems to have had a positive effect on my MPG, as I achieved almost 47 on the way there, and that is despite planting my foot down to overtake slow moving traffic a couple of times.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

I do like going visiting family this weekend ... as usual was a pleasure in the Focus.

Over Christmas, my visit to the family home was in a hired Peugeot 108. A 450 mile round trip. And the A34 felt like it was going over the Himalayas, with the car losing speed on every hill.

I finally tracked down the faulty wheel bearing on the Focus, got it fixed, and last week I repeated the journey in it. The mountains had changed to gentle gradients that just needed a slight touch on the throttle to sweep up them at a good 70.

The A34 is one of the nicest bits of dual carriageway I have used: Lots of hills, sweeping bends and, in daylight, lovely views.

The Focus is bigger, heavier, more powerful and faster, yet it managed to use less fuel than the little Pug. 40 - Love to the Focus I would say biggrin.png.

• Like 4

Sometimes you need to cross the fence to find out that the grass isn't greener on the other side! :wink:

• Like 4

I do like going visiting family this weekend - it's a 100 mile roundtrip, and as usual was a pleasure in the Focus.
For some reason the Asda fuel that I last filled up with seems to have had a positive effect on my MPG, as I achieved almost 47 on the way there, and that is despite planting my foot down to overtake slow moving traffic a couple of times.

Happy to see your out of the dark zone mate. Am back in the gym myself after 3 months off and my weights seem to be in a decent place and no real loss in strength so I like that

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I do like that Pipper seems to be liking her new food, even if she wasn't too sure about it at breakfast:smile:

Having fed her on what she was used to (Royal Canin), from her time in the rescue for a month. The rescue said don't alter her diet for a month, so she doesn't get too many new changes at once. This week I'm commencing to switching Pipper over to raw food and bones like Brandy had, using by degrees method, gradually replacing some of each meal with something raw.

This morning at breakfast, Pipper had one chicken neck and a chunk of thigh with her Royal Canin. She removed the neck from her bowl and put it one the floor:mellow:, ate the Royal Canin, moved the thigh around in her bowl with her nose before finally eating it  She looked at the floor bound neck,  then expressed a sort of "WTF was that long boney thing you put in in my bowl?":unsure:  She took it to her kitchen cushion, played with it for a bit and then decided it was edible after all. 

In contrast, when I served her tea; a helping of Royal Canin, another neck and half a lamb heart. This time she ate the neck first, then the heart and was less than enthusiastic with her "normal" Royal Canin. 

She watched me take half a kilo of necks from the freezer and put them in the fridge to thaw, for her meals for the next couple of days. Each time now I go to the fridge for something else, she's up on her hind legs leaping upwards to try to get an additional neck:laugh:  They are on a shelf that exceeds the height a leaping springer can spring to

• Like 1

They are on a shelf that exceeds the height a leaping springer can spring to

Don't you believe that.
Jed jumps like a good'un when the need arises.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ken.K said:

Happy to see your out of the dark zone mate. Am back in the gym myself after 3 months off and my weights seem to be in a decent place and no real loss in strength so I like that

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Thanks bud, as I've said before I've changed my attitude/outlook. :smile:

Well done on the gym, I intend to get started again soon, hopefully my "engine" hasn't lost too many horses either :tongue:

21 hours ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Over Christmas, my visit to the family home was in a hired Peugeot 108. A 450 mile round trip. And the A34 felt like it was going over the Himalayas, with the car losing speed on every hill.

I finally tracked down the faulty wheel bearing on the Focus, got it fixed, and last week I repeated the journey in it. The mountains had changed to gentle gradients that just needed a slight touch on the throttle to sweep up them at a good 70.

The A34 is one of the nicest bits of dual carriageway I have used: Lots of hills, sweeping bends and, in daylight, lovely views.

The Focus is bigger, heavier, more powerful and faster, yet it managed to use less fuel than the little Pug. 40 - Love to the Focus I would say biggrin.png.

Really, losing speed?? :ohmy: That's unacceptable I'd say.

I mainly pride the Focus on it's handling (less face it, my 100 BHP is not going to set the world on fire), it really feels planted and gives you lots of assurance on the corners.

Even nicer than the A34 is the A3 (goes from London to Portsmouth) - very nice views. Now THAT is steep on some sections :smile: I suggest you try it, if you ever get the chance. My Focus can maintain 70 MPH on the hilly sections of that route with AC on in summer with 3 adult passengers, but overtaking takes a while :laugh:

• Like 1

I've got several likes today.

I do like discovering I'd misread  a date on a bank statement:smile:, and there is not a missing transaction for which I have no paperwork:smile:.  Although I did spend rather a long time (several hours :ohmy:) looking for it, including contacting the supplier; to get a copy of an invoice and receipt of a transaction, that didn't seem to exist.

It does exist but I'd misread 2012 for 2017:laugh:

A couple of days ago when I was paying for this year's garden waste service, I happened to mention to the Council person, in passing that my wheelie bin was getting a bit scruffy, not broken or damaged as such, but looking a bit tired.  As Pipper and I returned from her morning walk, there was a Council truck pulled across my drive, they were unloading a new garden waste wheelie bin and wanted my "tired" one to exchange.:smile:

I was under impression they charge for a new bin, around £140 or so:ohmy:.  Apparently, they do if your bin is younger than 10 years old (regardless of whether it's your fault or not, even if someone steals yours!)  Unbeknown to me, the Council person I'd spoken to, had looked up in her records the age of my bin and ordered a free replacement, for it is over 13 now.  The chap delivering it, said wheelie bins have a working life of 10 years.  So, i now have a brand new shiny free one:smile:

I like being in the salad aisle just as a fair few bags of watercress were being marked down by 50% in Tesco. :smile:  You can never have too much watercress:smile:  Both salad drawers and the lowest shelf in my fridge have been filled.

• Like 1

I do like picking up the Ghia's replacement tonight...  It's a 2003 Nissan Almera SE 1.8 petrol, in fantastic condition with no mechanical faults (other than the ABS light which indicates a dodgy sensor), and less than 100,000 miles on the clock.  It also has an MOT until mid-October, and came with over half a tank of petrol.  Probably worth £300-400, but I bought it for £150.  For most people that is a surprising bargain, but you all know what I'm like when it comes to getting exceptional deals on used cars :wink:

It has the exact same engine as our 2005 Primera did, which had over 200,000 miles on the clock when we sold it and still ran like new.  Probably the same gearbox too for that matter, hence why it feels exactly the same as our Primera did, which was incidentally the first car I ever drove back in January 2016. 

WP_20170301_18_33_45_Pro.jpg

• Like 2

I like that there is a 'nutter' in Keithley running a mk4.5 mondeo titanium x sport as a private hire car .

I do like that Pipper is happy to stay in the house on her own (well Molly was here too, whilst I disappear for an hour or so, at a "no dogs" establishment, such as the dentist this morning, or Tesco.yesterday afternoon:smile: She's quite unlike Brandy in that respect, who I had to get someone to take her for an extra walk or sit with her; Brandy always suffered with extreme separation anxiety; all the methods that most dogs overcome it with: failed with Brandy:mellow:

Whereas Pipper was quite content on her kitchen cushion as i left and had removed herself to "her" armchair in the lounge with her squeaky monkey when I returned.  She waited until i was fully in the house before getting up and bouncing about soliciting a "have you missed me" cuddle

I also like that my dentist said my teeth are in excellent order and apart from a scale and polish which he always does after a check up, i don't require any work done this time:smile:

As i parked up, i noted there's a scarcely 24 hour old "17" plated Audi Q7 in the car park. My dentist seems to be changing his Audi Q7 every 6 months now. :ohmy: Last time (6 months ago) i went he'd only just changed it to a "66" plate.  Whereas my Range Rover owning neighbour changes his annually.  Clearly there is more more money to be made in dentistry than the financial services.

• Like 3

I do like the fact that I'm on holiday for a week! Birthday tomorrow! (Not really happy about that!) A wee trip down to Inverness on Sunday. Going to an Architectural salvage yard on Monday with some stuff I've gathered to sell and to have a look around. Black Star Riders gig on Monday night and a chill out day on Tuesday before heading up the road on Wednesday :smile:

• Like 1

Happy birthday (in advance) Kevin!  I don't celebrate birthdays myself, rather I'm just grateful to wake up each morning... :mellow:

I may pass you in Inverness on Sunday if I decide to go, but not sure, especially after looking at my bank balance!! :ohmy:

On 01/03/2017 at 7:09 PM, GMX said:

I like being in the salad aisle just as a fair few bags of watercress were being marked down by 50% in Tesco. :smile:  You can never have too much watercress:smile:  Both salad drawers and the lowest shelf in my fridge have been filled.

You dont half time those shopping trips well

• Like 1

I'll be in inverness tomorrow, I'll be working though which is no fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do like having all the necessary parts to give the Focus some TLC.  Just need the torrential rain to stop...

WP_20170304_18_38_52_Pro.jpg

22 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Happy birthday (in advance) Kevin!  I don't celebrate birthdays myself, rather I'm just grateful to wake up each morning... :mellow:

I may pass you in Inverness on Sunday if I decide to go, but not sure, especially after looking at my bank balance!! :ohmy:

Birthdays just mean you're getting older and older, not sure if that's a thing to celebrate lol

• Like 2

£2800 deposit allowance on my new Fiesta meaning if I pay it off it will have cost less than the cash price.  Not that I will be paying it off fully as it will be changed in a couple of years again!  Also, the upgraded Zetec spec (now with sat nav).

I do like my sat nav's optimism...

wp_ss_20170304_0001.png

The first one is a few hours away, but easy enough.  The second, well, I'm not sure that is even possible by car!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like my sat nav's optimism...

wp_ss_20170304_0001.png

The first one is a few hours away, but easy enough.  The second, well, I'm not sure that is even possible by car!!

So..  When are you testing it out ;p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club