Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reversing camera Sync 3

jonah406

5 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

Nice job! All your work paid off in the end emoji106.png

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sure did mate. I’ve just spliced into it just now so I’ve got proper connectors coming to plug into the grey plug and make it a bit neater. Couldn’t get a 12v from the grey plug so using the reverse light as a 12v. When i have the camera delay on i get blue screen once out of reverse so may use a ignition 12v so i get the delay once I’m out of reverse. Also when going into reverse i get a blue screen for a split second,i presume its the delay from the reverse feed to camera so an ignition 12v should sort this. Just happy I’ve got it working and I’ll tweak it another day. For less than £25 ive got a reverse camera and the quality is as good as standard as my brother has a ST with reverse camera. 

Sure did mate. I’ve just spliced into it just now so I’ve got proper connectors coming to plug into the grey plug and make it a bit neater. Couldn’t get a 12v from the grey plug so using the reverse light as a 12v. When i have the camera delay on i get blue screen once out of reverse so may use a ignition 12v so i get the delay once I’m out of reverse. Also when going into reverse i get a blue screen for a split second,i presume its the delay from the reverse feed to camera so an ignition 12v should sort this. Just happy I’ve got it working and I’ll tweak it another day. For less than £25 ive got a reverse camera and the quality is as good as standard as my brother has a ST with reverse camera. 
I've taken a permanent 12v feed from the fuse box in the boot for that reason. I don't get a blue screen for a second, the picture is instant. The delay also works as it should.

13 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I've taken a permanent 12v feed from the fuse box in the boot for that reason. I don't get a blue screen for a second, the picture is instant. The delay also works as it should.

May look at that to be honest mate. Defo getting the blue screen and delay because I’m using the reverse feed

What do you guys mean 'camera delay'? I'll be doing this after fitting front sensors. 

@Jambors which pins in the grey plug did you use, and where do they connect at the screen end?

22 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

What do you guys mean 'camera delay'? I'll be doing this after fitting front sensors. 

@Jambors which pins in the grey plug did you use, and where do they connect at the screen end?

The camera delay means it stays on until you drive forward. Think it goes off at a certain speed. 

If you cut the end of the rca plug it has 2 wires,black and yellow. You connect the black wire to the green wire on the grey plug and the yellow wire to the blue wire on the grey plug. This is video + and -  

Thanks, I understand that end of it. What I meant was what did you do at the other end or was it plug and play for you other than that?

31 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Thanks, I understand that end of it. What I meant was what did you do at the other end or was it plug and play for you other than that?

The camera has 2 outlets. One is an rca and the other is power. Power side i used reverse light but I’m going to change it to an ignition live as I’m getting a time delay when i select reverse. Thr rca outlet just joins to the supplied rca lead you feed into the car. 

Ok, thanks again, but that's really not what I meant!

You connected the camera feed to the grey plug. Did you have to connect anything else at or near the screen end, or did just plugging in the camera and supplying it with power work for you?

Here is what I am getting at. 

Camera --> tailgate loom 14D466 (if OEM camera, otherwise likely wired directly to:)

Tailgate loom --> grey plug in boot (main interior loom 14014.

Grey plug --> APIM loom 14401 

APIM loom --> screen.

It's possible that some of this wiring is missing in some cases. I was asking if this was the case for you so I know what to expect. If you went aftermarket, then you likely didn't use a tailgate loom and wired the camera directly into the grey plug. To be fair, you've said as much. There's also the camera module which I've omitted from above because it isn't needed for non OEM.

What I don't know was whether you had to do some more wiring at the other end, or whether it fired straight up. That tells me whether any of my wiring is also likely to be missing or not.

• Like 1

@Phil21185 do you have the fakra with W the plug in the boot ? Like me. Mine had it in the boot but the link was missing from the screen. The link is under the passenger foot well. When you take the carpet off it’s there. 

6FA2DAF8-1E4A-48B4-A6B1-044ED3568146.png

5 hours ago, Jambors said:

May look at that to be honest mate. Defo getting the blue screen and delay because I’m using the reverse feed

Same here. But my camera plug is not live. Even though fuse is. So check yours. 

1 hour ago, Phil21185 said:

Ok, thanks again, but that's really not what I meant!

You connected the camera feed to the grey plug. Did you have to connect anything else at or near the screen end, or did just plugging in the camera and supplying it with power work for you?

Here is what I am getting at. 

Camera --> tailgate loom 14D466 (if OEM camera, otherwise likely wired directly to:)

Tailgate loom --> grey plug in boot (main interior loom 14014.

Grey plug --> APIM loom 14401 

APIM loom --> screen.

It's possible that some of this wiring is missing in some cases. I was asking if this was the case for you so I know what to expect. If you went aftermarket, then you likely didn't use a tailgate loom and wired the camera directly into the grey plug. To be fair, you've said as much. There's also the camera module which I've omitted from above because it isn't needed for non OEM.

What I don't know was whether you had to do some more wiring at the other end, or whether it fired straight up. That tells me whether any of my wiring is also likely to be missing or not.

I just connected the rca lead that comes with the camera to the grey plug. That’s it

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jambors said:

I just connected the rca lead that comes with the camera to the grey plug. That’s it

Ah so your wiring is complete. Thanks!

18 minutes ago, Tommo17 said:

@Phil21185 do you have the fakra with W the plug in the boot ? Like me. Mine had it in the boot but the link was missing from the screen. The link is under the passenger foot well. When you take the carpet off it’s there. 

6FA2DAF8-1E4A-48B4-A6B1-044ED3568146.png

I have the grey plug, but nothing in the footwell as far as I can see.

Wait, the taped up one? I don't have that. I have the larger grey one in the top right...

I don't have the white one underneath either.

40 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Ah so your wiring is complete. Thanks!

I have the grey plug, but nothing in the footwell as far as I can see.

Wait, the taped up one? I don't have that. I have the larger grey one in the top right...

I don't have the white one underneath either.

No need to worry then yours must go straight to pins 14 and 15 in APIM another simple task for you. 

ford got the camera on eBay for 40 odd quid 

Hmm not so sure about that from what I've seen in wiring schematics and what other have said. It's a mod I'm wanting to do anyway, so I'll test it with those wires and see what happens. Otherwise I'll just find a way to make it work!

21 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Hmm not so sure about that from what I've seen in wiring schematics and what other have said. It's a mod I'm wanting to do anyway, so I'll test it with those wires and see what happens. Otherwise I'll just find a way to make it work!

48C8214B-1FFC-4196-9D30-1D019ADE15D1.jpeg

• Like 1

Hey woah, that's a newer schematic than I have!!

Have you got the whole document, or just that sheet?

Ah no, that's the same wiring as what I have, just presented differently. There are still a couple more junctions in the wiring between the rear and the APIM that could potentially mean that some intermediate wiring is missing.

Once I've got the sensors done I'll turn my attention to this!

7 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Hey woah, that's a newer schematic than I have!!

Have you got the whole document, or just that sheet?

Ah no, that's the same wiring as what I have, just presented differently. There are still a couple more junctions in the wiring between the rear and the APIM that could potentially mean that some intermediate wiring is missing.

Once I've got the sensors done I'll turn my attention to this!

I have the full folder. There is some slight differences between the 2. Hence why I’ve stated some connectors that you said didn’t add up. They are named differently. I’m not sure on the date it changed. I’ll see if I can send you it. 

Just now, Tommo17 said:

I have the full folder. There is some slight differences between the 2. Hence why I’ve stated some connectors that you said didn’t add up. They are named differently. I’m not sure on the date it changed. I’ll see if I can send you it. 

Yes please, or host it here so that everyone can benefit 🙂

3 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

Yes please, or host it here so that everyone can benefit 🙂

I’ll upload it later for here. Don’t trust sharing my one drive. So make a copy of it when you can. I’ll stop sharing that link soon  

Thats a big doc.  what format is it in?

I’ll send you that as well. Has everything in how to take things apart. And testing faults etc. 

it’s what the garages use

I’d be super interested in a copy as well please 👍🏻👍🏻

12 minutes ago, Luke_Anderson said:

I’d be super interested in a copy as well please 👍🏻👍🏻

Witch one mate, both? 

Everything please 👍🏻👍🏻

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club