Andyr55

Ford SYNC 3 updates

Tried to update twice now , just keeps failing after about an hour, will try again later.

I used a macbook to install my sync updates without any problem , I think the answer to use the Unarchiver App as opposed to the mac inbuilt archiver.

5 hours ago, DA-RS said:

I believe the server is throttled on some way,  if you have free opensource curl installed then you can download it from the command line with a resumable command thus - 

curl -L -O -C - http://ivsu.eubinaries.ford.com/owner-package/10200162383365587409/Map_25017363174_Update.zip 

then if theres an issue just rerun the same command and it will carry on where it was interrupted.

Or use another download manager of your choosing.

I am having problems.  Downloaded the 25bg file, unzipped it to the flash drive which took ages, and when I looked it it, on the flash drive there were several files and again totalling 25gb, anyway I tried to update the car maps but all I got was something like "indexing USB files" and nothing else.  So I am lost as to what to do now so any help would be greatly appreciated.

17 hours ago, Martin222 said:

I am having problems.  Downloaded the 25bg file, unzipped it to the flash drive which took ages, and when I looked it it, on the flash drive there were several files and again totalling 25gb, anyway I tried to update the car maps but all I got was something like "indexing USB files" and nothing else.  So I am lost as to what to do now so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have also downloaded and unzipped these files but have not tried them in car yet as I am wary of doing this in a new car . I can see this update is available on many European websites so would be interested to know if anyone has successfully loaded them onto a Focus mk4 as its success could be VIN specific . Mine currently is onSync3.3 and build 18351.

There possibly lies your problem.
The files shouldn't index as it confuses them and they end up out of order.
There should be a file marked DONTINDX.MSA included in the package which stops this happening.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

56 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

There possibly lies your problem.
The files shouldn't index as it confuses them and they end up out of order.
There should be a file marked DONTINDX.MSA included in the package which stops this happening.

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

When I downloaded it I had the correct 3 folders/files ie: SyncMyRide  autoinstall.lst and DONTINDX.MSA

I downloaded mine overnight, when i came to unzip the file a message saying the file was corrupt came up. It unzipped anyway but only showed two files, the autoinstall.Ist was missing. Binned the file and am now in the process of downloading the file again.

Anybody installed this in a MK4 Focus yet ?