Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

The 3rd update is an update to the voices. Don’t quote me but I think the 4th update is a fix for the GPS, as until I installed it, I had the no GPS icon displayed, although the nav was working ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OK thanks guys. Guess I'll bite the bullet and do the 3rd, the reset and 4th. Probably be a few years til next update anyway lol.

If someone can post the contents of the autoinstall.lst file for the 4th, I can tell you what's in it.

• Like 1

Alex, any knowledge on the MY18.5 updates?

Hopefully someone can show you the contents of 4th update soon. It's unlikely I'll get 3rd done today so won't have 4th til then.

I've done update 3 and uploaded the log file about 2 hours ago but haven't been offered update 4 yet.

It sure seems that installing Sync/map updates from Ford is a painful process. The files seem slow to download, even on a fast connection, people often have hassle uncompressing the files and getting them in a usable format, and then the multi stage process of install/keycycle/install/keycyle all seems a bit antiquated these days. I think they need to get some new software engineers that can create a more user-friendly process (rant over).

• Like 1

I agree but only saving grace is they are free, whereas the old type sd card had to be bought.
Theres no way I'd pay for these though and would just use Android Auto to use either Google or Waze. I actually just prefer the screen colours of the inbuilt one, which is main reason I persevere.

Try downloadind on a phone using a download app like ADM, a lot of slowdowns with downloading result in lost data and corrupted files.
ADM auto restarts after disruptions and keeps everything stable (use on wi-fi not mobile data of course unless you have a massive data allowance).
Easy then to transfer the file to a pc to create the install stick.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

i am trying to download the latest mapupdate, getting all the folders and files after unzipping apart from "DONTINDX.MSA." anyone help?

thank you

It's not important, it just tells Sync not to waste time trying to index the USB stick.

I believe it's just a blank file, it's the filename which does "the work", rather than any contents, so you could just create a blank text file and rename it to that if you wanted.

• Like 1

so its nothing to do with the file logging, as it doesn't seem to create a file log after the update is complete thus i cant update the ford web page to say i have done the update.

1 minute ago, MATTCARROLL2012 said:

so its nothing to do with the file logging, as it doesn't seem to create a file log after the update is complete thus i cant update the ford web page to say i have done the update.

There should be a link on the download page to create a log file separately, if it doesn't work from the main update.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andyr55 said:

Alex, any knowledge on the MY18.5 updates?

A year since my last Sync update on my Mk4, still on 3.3 and F7 maps!!!!!

Any info Alex would be great.

Thanks

I've just done the 3rd update. Once Ford server recognises(updates) I'll grab the small 4th and post contents if nobody has by then.

I've not done a master reset as unsure what wasn't working and if it's broke I want to see if the 4th update is to fix that.

@gillyallan if you press the 'speak' button on your steering wheel, you will soon know whether you need to master reset, because all that will be shown on the screen are two options, instead of all the ones regarding sat nav location address, etc.

I havent been offered the 4th file - whats that one all about?

[mention=58245]gillyallan[/mention] if you press the 'speak' button on your steering wheel, you will soon know whether you need to master reset, because all that will be shown on the screen are two options, instead of all the ones regarding sat nav location address, etc.
I havent been offered the 4th file - whats that one all about?

I'm going to be honest here. When I press the button I'm not sure I've noticed the screen changing. Sure I just speak. I'll have a look later. [emoji15]

I'm going to be honest here. When I press the button I'm not sure I've noticed the screen changing. Sure I just speak. I'll have a look later. [emoji15]
Replying to my own comment here. I went out and done a scan again and it's updated the servers. At moment I'm not being offered the mysterious 4th tiny update. Mine saying all up to date.
Ps. When I press steering button mine just says something like say command at top of screen. It's always done that. Maybe there's an option I have off to show all the commands.

7 hours ago, alexp999 said:

If someone can post the contents of the autoinstall.lst file for the 4th, I can tell you what's in it.

Here's the autoinstall.lst for the 4th update, sorry I took so long, had to wait till I got home

; SYNC3 Consumer Application Upgrade - Release 3.0.21 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Open1 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jollyandy said:

Here's the autoinstall.lst for the 4th update, sorry I took so long, had to wait till I got home

; SYNC3 Consumer Application Upgrade - Release 3.0.21 - Only for Nav/EU assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = GB5T-14G386-AC
Open1 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AC.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

That just generates the XML log file to upload to Ford servers.

Same as the one you can download separately if needed.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rayferry said:

A year since my last Sync update on my Mk4, still on 3.3 and F7 maps!!!!!

Any info Alex would be great.

Thanks

It’s a sorry state of affairs........

It’s a sorry state of affairs........
It probably puts a lot of folk off buying another Ford. Maybe other manufacturers are as bad I don't know though

Newbie - first post.

As the owner of a 11.5 month old MY18.5 focus - stuck on 3.3 sync & F7 maps - I've been following many forums & sites since taking delivery of the vehicle & have mailed Ford customer services about the situation on several occasions.  I've suggested how badly this reflects on the ability of Ford as a company to perform basic IT operations, including design, build & autoupdate. I've been told that my comments & suggestions would be forwarded to the technical team - but that I would receive no feedback ! So perhaps like others - I frequently check to see when my car will get an official update from Ford, whilst pondering whether to use the files I've downloaded from the German site My Ford Focus  or cyanlabs & the consequences of performing an 'unofficial' update....

I've also seen that some owners have been able to get compensation from Ford Credit & was wondering whether to suggest to Ford Customer Services that they provide free traffic updates in perpetuity for all owners affected by this problem. Methinks, up to date maps (when is F10 due !) - coupled with traffic updates, should only enhance the customer's positive  driving experience & reflect  better on the company.

9 hours ago, StewartHarris said:

Newbie - first post.

As the owner of a 11.5 month old MY18.5 focus - stuck on 3.3 sync & F7 maps - I've been following many forums & sites since taking delivery of the vehicle & have mailed Ford customer services about the situation on several occasions.  I've suggested how badly this reflects on the ability of Ford as a company to perform basic IT operations, including design, build & autoupdate. I've been told that my comments & suggestions would be forwarded to the technical team - but that I would receive no feedback ! So perhaps like others - I frequently check to see when my car will get an official update from Ford, whilst pondering whether to use the files I've downloaded from the German site My Ford Focus  or cyanlabs & the consequences of performing an 'unofficial' update....

I've also seen that some owners have been able to get compensation from Ford Credit & was wondering whether to suggest to Ford Customer Services that they provide free traffic updates in perpetuity for all owners affected by this problem. Methinks, up to date maps (when is F10 due !) - coupled with traffic updates, should only enhance the customer's positive  driving experience & reflect  better on the company.

Good luck with this. Great idea but the attitude I experienced with Ford customer services is that they really don’t care. Standard reply ‘check the ford website for updates’ 

Its now over 1 year since I first raised this issue with Ford which eventually resulted in my being given a letter/voucher for a free service along with the assurance that when the F9 maps were released it would resolve the problem. Well this obviously hasn't happened for lots of us. Just before lockdown i asked Ford for an update and after answering a barrage of irrelevant questions was given a new case number and told the map update was due "shortly".When F9 maps were available for vehicles with ver 3.0 software recently I asked them for an update but have yet to get a response. I think that says it all about Fords attitude. I wonder how many vehicles on a worldwide scale are now affected ,from those stuck on F7 to those on F8 but unable to get F9.

As There must be a sizeable number of affected owners on here I would suggest that anyone else who is sufficiently unhappy about this situation should email Ford (UKCRC1@FORD.COM). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

Its now over 1 year since I first raised this issue with Ford which eventually resulted in my being given a letter/voucher for a free service along with the assurance that when the F9 maps were released it would resolve the problem. Well this obviously hasn't happened for lots of us. Just before lockdown i asked Ford for an update and after answering a barrage of irrelevant questions was given a new case number and told the map update was due "shortly".When F9 maps were available for vehicles with ver 3.0 software recently I asked them for an update but have yet to get a response. I think that says it all about Fords attitude. I wonder how many vehicles on a worldwide scale are now affected ,from those stuck on F7 to those on F8 but unable to get F9.

As There must be a sizeable number of affected owners on here I would suggest that anyone else who is sufficiently unhappy about this situation should email Ford (UKCRC1@FORD.COM). 

Agreed, I think the situation is very bad and has gone on for far too long.

Ford appear to be treating this as a low priority problem but It was pushed as a selling point by the salesman at the time of purchase.

He was keen to point out the advantages of future free updates which sounded great in theory but has not materialised.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club