Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync 3 maps F9

Andyr55

6 hours ago, ianincheshire said:

Colin,

This forscan thread https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6676&sid=303da946ab937a62e9d571a0ff8d5340&start=10 might help

The relevant para is

Seems like vn3.4 is processing the themes settings slightly differently.

Obviously you'll need Forscan and an adapter if you wish to change it

Cheers Ian, I’ve got an OBDLink EX cable and Forscan on the laptop so I’ll change that value and see how it goes.

From that Forscan thread it looks like vn 3.4 doesnt recognise the ford-ST animation setting with the Timeless theme. According to the extract from the  table below it got lost somewhere between 3.0 and 3.4. The vignale animation seems to be recogised for both Timeless and classic. Maybe its just a coding mistake and nobody noticed...

Sync 3.4

Name                     Brand Theme Animation Comments
ford-MY20                    0     0        -1 This used to be ford-classic and ford-MY20; maps to ENUM_GblVehicleBrand_Ford, ENUM_GblFordClassic, ENUM_GblAnimationThemeUnknown
ford-MY20                    0     0         8 This used to be ford-classic-vignale; Maps to ENUM_GblVehicleBrand_Ford, ENUM_GblFordClassic, ENUM_GblAnimationThemeVignaleClassic
ford-MY20                    0     1        -1 This used to be ford-timeless; maps to ENUM_GblVehicleBrand_Ford, ENUM_GblFordTimeless, ENUM_GblAnimationThemeUnknown
ford-vignale                 0     1         8 Maps to ENUM_GblVehicleBrand_Ford, ENUM_GblFordTimeless, ENUM_GblAnimationThemeVignale
ford-ST                      0     0        11 Maps to ENUM_GblVehicleBrand_Ford, ENUM_GblFordMY20, ENUM_GblAnimationThemeST

Sync 3.0

Name                     Brand Theme Animation Comments
ford-classic                 0     0        -1 Maps to ENUM_GblVehicleBrand_Ford, ENUM_GblFordClassic, ENUM_GblAnimationThemeUnknown
ford-timeless                0     1        -1 Maps to ENUM_GblVehicleBrand_Ford, ENUM_GblFordTimeless, ENUM_GblAnimationThemeUnknown
ford-vignale                 0     1         8 Maps to ENUM_GblVehicleBrand_Ford, ENUM_GblFordTimeless, ENUM_GblAnimationThemeVignale
ford-classic-vignale         0     0         8 Maps to ENUM_GblVehicleBrand_Ford, ENUM_GblFordClassic, ENUM_GblAnimationThemeVignaleClassic
ford-ST                      0     1        11 Maps to ENUM_GblVehicleBrand_Ford, ENUM_GblFordTimeless, ENUM_GblAnimationThemeST

•  

• Like 1

Sorted. Changed the value from Timeless to Classic and the ST shutdown splash screen is back.

Thanks again Ian.

It must mean that new build STs don't show the logo on shutdown then as all the asbuilt data is the same as mine.

I wonder if that was intentional or just an oversight. Probably the latter knowing Ford. 😅

• Like 1

Just now, alexp999 said:

It must mean that new build STs don't show the logo on shutdown then as all the asbuilt data is the same as mine.

I wonder if that was intentional or just an oversight. Probably the latter knowing Ford. 😅

Yeah, probably the latter. 

Reading the F-150 forum on the update to 3.4 one different hex digit wiped out the entire climate screen for some after updating.

3 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

Yeah, probably the latter. 

Reading the F-150 forum on the update to 3.4 one different hex digit wiped out the entire climate screen for some after updating.

There is no climate screen in my focus 3.4. Or is it different for different cars?

9 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

There is no climate screen in my focus 3.4. Or is it different for different cars?

Yeah, the F-150 has the climate screen. I think the UK Edge has it too.

• Like 1

You guys with all your technical knowledge!,😉 (Well done)

Depressing when the rest have to wait for Ford to pull its finger out,!

• Like 3

My 2020 Focus ST has the ST logo on start up and Ford logo on shutdown.

• Like 1

Did yours come with 3.4 from the factory ?

3 minutes ago, ianincheshire said:

Did yours come with 3.4 from the factory ?

Yeah and F8 maps. Built in May I believe. 

23 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I think that's confirmed then🙄

• Like 1

I noticed that the background I chose from display settings switched back to default after parking up for a few hours. Just switched mine back to the way Ford intended. ST startup, Ford shutdown. Keep it standard for now. See if the chosen background remains this way.

Just switched mine back to the way Ford intended

I'm not sure that was what they intended. I think they just got it wrong in the changes for 3.4🙄

• Like 1

Dear All,

Please Help!

I own a Focus RS Edition running Sync 3.0, Build 19205, Gracenote 1.1.1.1127 (EU-0010), Maps F9 , SYNC Serial Number NX1PO151.

I have noticed a major issue with the Voice Function for Navigation, it does not work.

For example:

1.     I ask for petrol stations near my location and the voice management is unable to find any POIs however if I use the touch screen it works.

a.   I ask for a choice of other POIs or routes and they also fail to be selected however if I use the touch screen it works.

2.     I ask for a route from a postcode or address and either the voice management is unable to find the postcode or when it successfully produces a list, the system does not accept the line number associated with any postcode it has found however if I use the touch screen it works.

I am not sure if this is a failure due to the Sync 3.0 build or the latest F9 Map update I downloaded and installed from the FORD UK SYNC website and installed last week.

Has anyone else had this issue and if so what was the fault and what is the solution.

Kind Regards,

Haroon

34 minutes ago, hsheikh said:

I am not sure if this is a failure due to the Sync 3.0 build or the latest F9 Map update I downloaded and installed from the FORD UK SYNC website and installed last week.

Was it working before the F9 update? 
There’s not many owners on here who have F9

Dear Alex,

I am not sure, because in the past I only used Voice commands for handsfree mobile communications and this still works.

I have checked other 2017 and 2018 Ford Focus ST and Zetec running Sync 3.0 with Maps 6.1 and Sync 3.3 with Maps 7.0 and the Navigation Voice controls work on those vehicles.

I was wondering if someone running F9 could check if their Voice Navigation works when asking for a postcode, petrol etc.

I am also wondering if the F9 update I installed had a file corruption and asking the Forum if anyone knows how to download the update again?

These updates are carried out by us the customers and so the FORD garages don't have much experience with Sync updates or they offer to take a look with a hefty charge to investigate!

Kind Regards,

Haroon 

3 hours ago, hsheikh said:

Dear Alex,

I am not sure, because in the past I only used Voice commands for handsfree mobile communications and this still works.

I have checked other 2017 and 2018 Ford Focus ST and Zetec running Sync 3.0 with Maps 6.1 and Sync 3.3 with Maps 7.0 and the Navigation Voice controls work on those vehicles.

I was wondering if someone running F9 could check if their Voice Navigation works when asking for a postcode, petrol etc.

I am also wondering if the F9 update I installed had a file corruption and asking the Forum if anyone knows how to download the update again?

These updates are carried out by us the customers and so the FORD garages don't have much experience with Sync updates or they offer to take a look with a hefty charge to investigate!

Kind Regards,

Haroon 

I’m on F8 , to be honest in the almost year I’ve had the car I’ve not asked sync for directions to a postcode or petrol station . Or maybe any POI. I’ve been typing in destinations to get there then saying “previous destination home etc” . Your on the right thread for this ..good luck..

Guys

anyone seen the sync 3.4 maps F9. Updates yet?

1 hour ago, Andyr55 said:

Guys

anyone seen the sync 3.4 maps F9. Updates yet?

Nothing for me. Ford UK CRC closed my case a week or so back & today I got an email about Ford & their CRC asking me to complete an online survey.

" To ensure that we offer the highest standard of support and service to our customers, we would appreciate your views on the way we dealt with your enquiry or concern. "

I have responded ...... 'tis a bit like sending the customer a virtual punchbag ..... ;-o

Nope nothing for me . They closed my recent case without telling.

I don't understand why there is so much variety in what version of Sync 3 and maps that owners on the forum have.

I have a 2019 Mk4 running version 3.3 and with F7 maps, and according to the website, they are the newest versions 😠 The car I just part exchanged had an F8 SD card in in Grrr

I've seen reports on the Kuga forums that some people have got the 3.4 update. So thats Edge and Kuga , hopefully we won't be far off. Then we just need to get the F9 maps update ...

I suspect the Focus and Fiesta will be last as they're the biggest sellers.

Impatience may be getting the better of me. Not sure if the autoinstall.lst is correct and not brave enough to try just yet...😬

2020-08-27.thumb.jpg.5a8bfb1c8b93ad03b931126d8dd4cbe8.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club