Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

56 minutes ago, Lenny said:

In either case you're face is going to have a red glow, be it from the boost light or the bicycle 😥

That maybe true but It beats shopping for more girly baby clothes 😆

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Commencal24 said:

lol :biggrin:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Commencal24 said:

I remember those days well 😁

Now it's boys clothes 

• Like 1

To Mr jmurray. A Rover 600 you're getting? Fek me there can't be many of them on the road now. A superb car in its day (especially the petrol turbo). My only concern is its level of rust. Also it's crash resistance is next to useless but enjoy it. Which trim level you getting?

A GSI is it? Been thinking and reminiscing

21 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I do like selling the Nissan for double what I paid for it.  Aside from making a quick profit, why did I sell it only 1 week after buying the thing, you may ask? 

Well, lets just say I found something a bit more classy, even more so than the late-Mercedes... 

I'll post a picture tomorrow when I pick it up, but for now I'll give you a few clues:

• 2.3 litre Honda engine (but not a Honda)
  • Automatic
  • British Built

Nothing like a Honda petrol engine!! :thumbup:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Bwaaap

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

To Mr jmurray. A Rover 600 you're getting? Fek me there can't be many of them on the road now. A superb car in its day (especially the petrol turbo). My only concern is its level of rust. Also it's crash resistance is next to useless but enjoy it. Which trim level you getting?

14 hours ago, tazzman600 said:

A GSI is it? Been thinking and reminiscing

Indeed it is, a 623 GSi.  Beautiful car, however I don't actually have it yet!!  Was meant to collect it last night after work, but I was delayed in leaving work and in a terrible mood, plus extremely tired and barely made it the 15 miles home from work without falling asleep at the wheel.  As a result, I decided that going back out to Inverness to collect the car and then driving it home (100 mile round trip) would be too dangerous at night given my tiredness, so texted the seller and put it off until today. 

So, I'll collect it after work today (get off at 15:30) when it'll still be daylight and I shouldn't be exhausted/hacked off/depressed etc...

I do like (finally) getting the 623 home!!  77,000 miles, MOT until September, timing belt changed 1,000 miles ago (£500 bill present), four good tyres, great condition inside and out...  Price?  £180!  Now that's what I call a bargain. 

WP_20170311_19_48_30_Pro.jpgWP_20170311_19_48_43_Pro.jpg

The usual terrible quality photos, but I'll get some better ones in the morning.

It drove great on the 45 miles from Inverness to home, and having an automatic (with cruise control) again makes me realise how much I had been missing since the Mercedes' death last year.  The only difference between this car and the Mercedes is that this car is much more luxurious and a lot more powerful (2.3L Honda engine producing 150BHP as opposed to the 2.2L Mercedes N/A diesel which barely put out 90BHP).

The best bit is that it costs no more than the 405 to insure.  Direct Line originally didn't want to insure it (probably due to the power output) as I've had my licence under a year, but after "speaking to a manager" they put it through at £87 per month. 

• Like 4

Fek me £180? That's unreal for such a car. Well done. Look after it and it'll look after you. 1st car to have 6x9's as standard.

• Like 1

d417edcf76f015762272bfed06a50766.jpgf2bd30327592be3f18b95d9583e198df.jpg

Had to put off collecting the Lexus this weekend due to needs MOT but was there for the servicing and windscreen change and speaking with the mechanic everything is fine and even took it for a test drive. I have to say the power is addictive

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

Fek me £180? That's unreal for such a car. Well done. Look after it and it'll look after you. 1st car to have 6x9's as standard.

Indeed it is!  One thing I am good at (perhaps the only thing) is getting fantastic deals with used cars.

It really does drive 10x better than the old Mercedes C-class. 

With the mileage too, that engine is hardly run-in!!

WP_20170311_19_45_06_Pro.jpg

On 10/03/2017 at 6:45 PM, Incontro said:

Indeed there isn't!  I'm already dreading my fuel bill, but the 2.3 is such a smooth and powerful engine.  Perfect for an automatic transmission!

Just now, jmurray01 said:

Indeed there isn't!  I'm already dreading my fuel bill, but the 2.3 is such a smooth and powerful engine.  Perfect for an automatic transmission!

How many PS is it?

Stuff worrying about the fuel bill, just enjoy the satisfaction that it brings! :smile:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Incontro said:

How many PS is it?

Stuff worrying about the fuel bill, just enjoy the satisfaction that it brings! :smile:

150, really pins you back in the leather seat!  Very satisfying indeed, but strangely it is just (well, almost) as satisfying to set the cruise control at 60MPH and hear the engine rumble along at 2,000RPM using the minimum amount of fuel.

4 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

150, really pins you back in the leather seat!  Very satisfying indeed, but strangely it is just (well, almost) as satisfying to set the cruise control at 60MPH and hear the engine rumble along at 2,000RPM using the minimum amount of fuel.

Sorry, I should have read your post properly, you stated 150 horses before.

Nothing like cruise control + auto, I assume it's an old-school 4 speed auto?

Nothing like cruise control + auto.

Am looking forward to using this feature the most on my Lexus when I finally pick it up. That and the paddle shifters. Lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Sorry, I should have read your post properly, you stated 150 horses before.

Nothing like cruise control + auto, I assume it's an old-school 4 speed auto?

It is, suits the car very well.  A manual would seem out of place in my opinion.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

d417edcf76f015762272bfed06a50766.jpgf2bd30327592be3f18b95d9583e198df.jpg

Had to put off collecting the Lexus this weekend due to needs MOT but was there for the servicing and windscreen change and speaking with the mechanic everything is fine and even took it for a test drive. I have to say the power is addictive

Bet that cost more than Jamie's £180! :smile:

Bet that cost more than Jamie's £180! smile.png

Will do but in the grand scheme of things it is a bargain considering the mileage. I am paying 2700 and they are going for 3000 plus so happy days. Fully specced

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Bet that cost more than Jamie's £180! :smile:

Add another naught perhaps!! :laugh:

My dad's new car will practically cost £180 plus three zeros when it eventually arrives. Even I wouldn't spend that much on a car!! :ph34r: Ridiculous amount of money.

I'd love to see what car I could buy for £180! :laugh:

• Like 1

My dad's new car will practically cost £180 plus three zeros when it eventually arrives. Even I wouldn't spend that much on a car!! ph34r.png Ridiculous amount of money.
I'd love to see what car I could buy for £180! laugh.png

Can I give you a very good advice son. Everyone here talks about their own cars and their own purchases, I am sure you come for an affluent family and kudos to you but this is not my dad is richer than yours forum.

• Like 1

I think you misinterpreted my post, what i actually meant was cheap cars can equally be as cool/interesting (however you want to describe them) as more expensive ones. Jamie's fleet is a prime example! I probably would've bought an older car but wasn't allowed, so there you go.

I personally don't agree with many of my dad's decisions but then again I'm not him, so can't dictate how he spends his money. I was going to post some pictures of his car when it arrives next month, not to show off but in case anyone was interested, after all, we're all here because we like cars! But if you don't think it's appropriate, I won't.

• Like 1

I think you misinterpreted my post, what i actually meant was cheap cars can equally be as cool/interesting (however you want to describe them) as more expensive ones. Jamie's fleet is a prime example! I probably would've bought an older car but wasn't allowed, so there you go.

I personally don't agree with many of my dad's decisions but then again I'm not him, so can't dictate how he spends his money. I was going to post some pictures of his car when it arrives next month, not to show off but in case anyone was interested, after all, we're all here because we like cars! But if you don't think it's appropriate, I won't.

I think it will be appreciated but maybe it is just me that is reading it wrongly and I apologize if so

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club