Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

1 hour ago, iantt said:

Alien encounter? Anymore of a description , see how many engines? 

Couldn't really see the engines.  Maybe electric? :wink:

Seriously it looked kind of Concorde shaped.  Main body in white with underside of wing tips in red.  Possibly just one jet per wing but may be misremembering that.

We've also had a black helicopter flying low since so I wonder if it's part of some sort of training excersize.

It'll be part of the 20,000 being deployed for the war games, or off to the med for the yemenies {see What i did there } hahahahahaha

25 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Couldn't really see the engines.  Maybe electric? :wink:

Seriously it looked kind of Concorde shaped.  Main body in white with underside of wing tips in red.  Possibly just one jet per wing but may be misremembering that.

We've also had a black helicopter flying low since so I wonder if it's part of some sort of training excersize.

There were 3 eurofighters flying around Thetford at about 3:45. That’s the only delta wings I can see around that time. 

These apps and sites that track only work off the transponders though. Some military aircraft don’t have them on. 

• Thanks 1

I often get interesting sightings round my way but there seems to have been a lot more activity lately, and some pretty low flying considering we're near a city. Eurofighter Typhoons are regulars, but also seen F15s which afaik are with the US 48th Fighter Wing (Lakenheath) and I believe are the only examples of the type stationed in Europe.

Several sightings of V22 Ospreys, Chinooks, Apaches, A400 Atlas also. We usually get that much variety when up the Dales at our caravan (when out walking the hills you often see the planes below you) but not normally near home.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Any of you plane spotters know about a large, low flying, red & white plane heading roughly south over Suffolk this afternoon?  Very loud but also sounded unlike a normal jet...

By the time I thought to check the flight radar website it was long gone lol.

Download Flightradar24 on your phone and you can 'Playback ' up to 7 days flights. 

Looked over Suffolk around 3.30 and saw a few military planes buzzing around. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Any of you plane spotters know about a large, low flying, red & white plane heading roughly south over Suffolk this afternoon? 

Possibly this flight ????

Flight NAF73 Royal Netherlands Air Force

Lockhead C130H Hercles - Registration G-273

flight path directly over Ipswich @ 15:23

flight.JPG

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, unofix said:

20 years ago, only the Russians would have known such details of this, now, anyone with a SmartPhone 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, unofix said:

Flight NAF73 Royal Netherlands Air Force

Lockhead C130H Hercles - Registration G-273

flight path directly over Ipswich @ 15:23

flight.JPG

Thanks.  That is the right time but totally wrong direction.  I might be slightly off with the compass point but it was much like North to South than East to West.

I'll download the app and have a look myself.  Didn't think it'd be this complicated.  Thought someone would just say 'ah, that's obviously the new Virgin SpaceX Hydrogen Electric EcoBoosterJet'... :unsure:

• Haha 1

Just now, StephenFord said:

20 years ago, only the Russians would have known such details of this, now, anyone with a SmartPhone

Certainly very true for the general public.

From 1978 to 1988, I worked "Man and Boy" for what was at the time the worlds best radar company, 'Marconi Radar Systems Ltd' or better known as MRSL or just Marconi. In the last few years before we closed down, I used to be one of a team of 4 who did the final test of the Seawolf radar (GWS 25)

• Like 2

This is the only plane flying in the right direction at the right time.  Perhaps my vision is worse than I thought!! 🤔 😆

Screenshot_20240116-200404.thumb.png.1ea766fb37021101b95d215624fe36c2.png

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

the only plane flying in the right direction at the right time.

Tom we are both looking on the wrong day  🙄. The app has defaulted to Monday. Look again 15:20 to 15:50 loads of American Air Force planes and Apache helicopters playing between Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich. Often they disappear mid flight and then pop back up a few minutes later. Possibly flying below the radar ? Your mystery plane might be one of the special  USAF F-15E Strike Eagle

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, unofix said:

Tom we are both looking on the wrong day  🙄. The app has defaulted to Monday. Look again 15:20 to 15:50 loads of American Air Force planes and Apache helicopters playing between Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich. Often they disappear mid flight and then pop back up a few minutes later. Possibly flying below the radar ? Your mystery plane might be one of the special  USAF F-15E Strike Eagle

Another thing to look out for is that it uses UTC for the time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Turvey said:

Another thing to look out for is that it uses UTC for the time.

I did check that - UTC is the same as GMT according to Google.

However, I didn't realise yesterday wasn't Monday! :unsure: 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, unofix said:

Ah, found it!  It was a Boeing 727 at just 5000ft.  Reg number BRO27.  Triple jets probably explains the sound difference.  And 5000 feet is very low here, big BA liners are usually at 25,000 feet!

536875_1703195824.jpg?v=0

G-OSRA-1703923202-0.jpg

• Like 2

That's an old plane then! Not many 727 flying. 

Looks like it flew down to a few hundred feet over the sea. 

• Like 1

Ex FedEx plane and 40yrs old!! 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, iantt said:

That's an old plane then! Not many 727 flying. 

With the oil Spill Response branding I'm wondering if there was a spill in the North Sea yesterday or whether it was just a training exercise.  Looks to have been circling down to around 1000 feet just off the coast of Skegness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah, found it!  It was a Boeing 727 at just 5000ft.  Reg number BRO27.  Triple jets probably explains the sound difference.  And 5000 feet is very low here, big BA liners are usually at 25,000 feet!

536875_1703195824.jpg?v=0

G-OSRA-1703923202-0.jpg

Did you find a door in your garden ????

• Haha 4

I like that King Charles has decided to share details of his BPH to encourage other chaps "of a certain age" to get their prostate checked out (if they haven't already). It's nice to think I have something in common with the Monarch - wonder if he's got Farmer Giles as well?😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I like that King Charles has decided to share details of his BPH to encourage other chaps "of a certain age" to get their prostate checked out (if they haven't already). It's nice to think I have something in common with the Monarch - wonder if he's got Farmer Giles as well?😀

Well, he must spend a lot of time sitting on the throne now. :unsure: 

• Haha 5

Because of his position in society that's why he's getting his prostrate seen too. If he was normal like us and at his age they'd tell him sorry your too old.

Me? Yes I've got an enlarged prostrate and had it a good few years. Thanks to a tablet I got online (after sifting through 000's of articles adds etc) my waking up at night 4 and 5 times came to an end. Still have a poor ***** flow rate but hey ho that's life.

I only have to wake once a night  at a 3.30am so far. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

Because of his position in society that's why he's getting his prostrate seen too.

You'll find that anyone with money will be taken care of regardless of societal position...

3 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

You'll find that anyone with money will be taken care of regardless of societal position...

Is that anything like the missionary position?

Seriously, not necessarily true - two friends of mine have had procedures via NHS and I've been offered further investigation/treatment but have opted for "wait and see" for now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Seriously, not necessarily true ...

I too am a massive fan of the NHS, would have been dead years ago. 3 x separate cancer treatments, heart bypass, heart valve etc etc They truly are wonderful. Was just making the point that if you are fortunate to have money, you can always buy health care...

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club