Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Luxury Hatchbacks - Focus Vignale Equivalents?

TomsFocus

4 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Not dealer stock. But Ford stock. Mine was in stock at the Dagenham compound. The stock is available to all dealers and the price is the same as a factory build. 

Isn't that stock all online though? Compare Fords and see which models we have in stock | Ford UK

There isn't a single one with the 155ps MHEV engine.  All 125s which will be twist beam. :sad: 

Just now, TomsFocus said:

Isn't that stock all online though? Compare Fords and see which models we have in stock | Ford UK

There isn't a single one with the 155ps MHEV engine.  All 125s which will be twist beam. :sad: 

It might be the same stock. Are they all the same model year? Might also be worth asking the dealer if there is any other stock available on the off chance or if it is all online now. They didn’t have that when I ordered mine. But ignore the discounts, if it is the same stock my car came from then the prices are the same as a factory build.

The other possibility is one to your spec already committed to being built soon or only just built waiting to be shipped. Just so you can confirm it’s got multi link and you’re not waiting and it changes. 

• Like 1

I bought mine from this broker New Car Deals | UK Car Discount (uk-car-discount.co.uk) Built for me and obviously unregistered. I believe that some brokers register them to themselves first.

It was a pleasant experience and for a cash sale it was a no brainer because dealers are not interested unless you want to take out finance or they have old stock that they want rid off.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I can't haggle anyway...  It's fine if you look like Tyson Fury and sound like Liam Neeson.  I go in looking like Frank Spencer...

😂 

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

It might be the same stock. Are they all the same model year? Might also be worth asking the dealer if there is any other stock available on the off chance or if it is all online now. They didn’t have that when I ordered mine. But ignore the discounts, if it is the same stock my car came from then the prices are the same as a factory build.

The other possibility is one to your spec already committed to being built soon or only just built waiting to be shipped. Just so you can confirm it’s got multi link and you’re not waiting and it changes. 

Looks like they're all 2020.25 yeah.  I don't know what MY the 'Edition' specs came out though as both the X and the Vingale gained the 'Edition' title with slightly different specs than before.

Update from the dealer on PCP quotes - 

Using max deposit I could either have an Active X Edition for £160 a month over 36 months.  Or a Vignale for £162 over 38 months.  I didn't know they could tweak the months like that but presumably it's been done to make the monthly payments appear almost the same.  It works out as an extra £10 a month for the Vignale.  (But around £1000 more over the 39 month term).  The Vignale gets full adaptive LED headlights, full leather interior, premium B&O sound system, reverse camera and a few other Vignale extras...seems like a lot of extra kit for the money in fairness!  I would have to choose a different colour though as they don't allow Chrome Blue on the Vignale any more...presumably it looks too poor? :laugh: 

• Like 1

So Ford has their central stock but also dealer chains have seperate stock.  Most are searchable online and will national deliver.

39 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

So Ford has their central stock but also dealer chains have seperate stock.  Most are searchable online and will national deliver.

Ok thanks...this is starting to  seem more complicated than finding used cars! 🤦‍♂️ 

Lead time of up to 6 weeks for a factory build so have asked the local dealer if they have any pre-built.  They have a huge compound (around 1000 cars and vans I reckon) so reckon they must have one surely...as long as it's not in red or white!! :laugh:

I'm also definitely getting my maths for the overall total wrong here.  How can 39 X £10 end up being a grand? :unsure: 😳

So X Edition is around £7500 deposit and £160 a month for 36 months.  Total £13,260.  £358 a month.

Vignale is around £8250 deposit and £162 a month for 38 months. Total £14,406.  £370 a month.

Is this some sort of magic trick going on??😚🤔

The dealer will massage the figures to get the sale.  Also remember different spec depreciates differently.  Vignales depreciate quicker than stlx as a used stlx is easier to sell.

Also 36 or 38 months seems to make a huge difference.  Maybe cos warranty is 36 months I dunno.

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm also definitely getting my maths for the overall total wrong here.  How can 39 X £10 end up being a grand? :unsure: 😳

So X Edition is around £7500 deposit and £160 a month for 36 months.  Total £13,260.  £358 a month.

Vignale is around £8250 deposit and £162 a month for 38 months. Total £14,406.  £370 a month.

You’re comparing different terms. So you have 36 months against 38 months. 

The difference is 36 x £12 plus two months at £370. Which is £1172. 😉

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Tom.

What happens to your deposit of either £7500/£8250 after the 36/38 months are up ? 

Just now, Wino said:

Tom.

What happens to your deposit of either £7500/£8250 after the 36/38 months are up ? 

It’s mostly depreciation and a tiny bit of equity in the car. The balloon figure is only a bit less than the car will be worth. 

Just now, alexp999 said:

It’s mostly depreciation and a tiny bit of equity in the car. The balloon figure is only a bit less than the car will be worth. 

So the options are either pay the full balloon payment or hand the car back and walk away empty handed ? 

2 minutes ago, Wino said:

So the options are either pay the full balloon payment or hand the car back and walk away empty handed ? 

What they’d ideally like you to do is roll the equity in to a new one. Although it will only be £1-2k usually. 

If you’ve looked after it well and found a willing dealer they can buy it off you and give you the difference if there is some equity too. 

But yes. At the contracts most basic level you either pay or refinance the balloon figure or hand the car back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guy Heaton said:

We got 5000+ , not all focus actives though! 

There was probably a big push with Brexit. Same thing happened when I bought my car all hands were on deck to get them in to the country before potential import tariffs came in. Mine took about a month to get delivered because of it. Was buried in a stack and all the staff were working on emptying boats instead of getting cars on transporters. Plus the factory has probably carried on pumping cars out even with fewer buyers right now. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

There was probably a big push with Brexit. Same thing happened when I bought my car all hands were on deck to get them in to the country before potential import tariffs came in. Mine took about a month to get delivered because of it. Was buried in a stack and all the staff were working on emptying boats instead of getting cars on transporters. Plus the factory has probably carried on pumping cars out even with fewer buyers right now

We were getting 20-30 transporters a day  in Nov and Dec probably to free up space at the docks /compounds due to brexit concerns I'm guessing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

The dealer will massage the figures to get the sale.  Also remember different spec depreciates differently.  Vignales depreciate quicker than stlx as a used stlx is easier to sell.

Also 36 or 38 months seems to make a huge difference.  Maybe cos warranty is 36 months I dunno.

In fairness, I did say that I'd consider the Vignale if the monthlies were similar...though I meant total monthlies, not individuals...  Whether they understood that or not I have no idea.  But I didn't even know they could do 38 months, thought it was fixed in years!  Considering it's actually just over a grand extra for the Vignale it's probably not worth it.  Though interestingly if I was to add B&O and convenience pack (for reverse camera) to the X, it would end up being cheaper to get the Vignale with those plus getting full leathers and adaptive LED lights as well.

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

You’re comparing different terms. So you have 36 months against 38 months. 

The difference is 36 x £12 plus two months at £370. Which is £1172. 😉

Ah that makes more sense...I'll stick to cars and let other people do maths! :laugh: 

31 minutes ago, Wino said:

Tom.

The Mushroom Cloud

The deposit is gone as soon as you've paid it, that's why I'm working out the overall monthly figure instead of just the monthly instalments.  It's obviously not cheap, but with 0% APR it doesn't cost any more than buying the car outright.  At the end of that time I can choose to buy the car for ~£10k, or just hand it back but won't get any of the money back.  It's basically 'renting' the car for 3 years.  

32 minutes ago, iantt said:

We got 5000+ , not all focus actives though! 

Fancy checking to see if you've got an Active X Edition 155 in stock?  At least if you do the PDI I can trust it to be done properly! :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

Looking at those figures it might be better to lease over the 3yr period if you have no intention of keeping the car.

That way at least you have the balance of cash to fall back on if needed in the current climate.

A quick look on the nationwide contract leasing site comes back at just under £900 deposit ( 3 x monthly payments upfront) then 36 months @ £286pm for the 155 Active X Edition. For 48 months it differs by around £20 to £269pm with 5000 miles per annum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Fancy checking to see if you've got an Active X Edition 155 in stock?  At least if you do the PDI I can trust it to be done properly! :biggrin: 

How about a transit van? We got plenty of those. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, iantt said:

Can't see the change of Tom's username being acceptable 🤣

• Haha 1

You will also get a favourable deal off the dealer if you take one of their stock, especially if it's a previous model year they want to shift.

Also I have to say, and I have only driven one example, but with the 125 hybrid I had for a couple of weeks I found the simulated engine braking when the regeneration kicked in to be a little weird.  I found the hybrid didn't lend itself to cruising at a speed, it wanted to either be applying or regenerating power.

1 hour ago, Wino said:

Can't see the change of Tom's username being acceptable 🤣

Toms-tranny or trannytom😂😂😂😂

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, iantt said:

Do they make a Transit Vignale? :biggrin:

28 minutes ago, iantt said:

Toms-tranny or trannytom😂😂😂😂

TomsTrans! :unsure: :laugh:

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club