Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Semiconductors shortage

Rondy

Finally took delivery on Wednesday, very pleased and definitely worth the wait. Its the first time I've seen the digital cluster and it looks great. Can't believe this will be my last fiesta though. 

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my Fiesta yesterday after almost 9 months of waiting. I’m pretty happy with it upto now. The last Ford I had was over 9 years ago and I’ve got to say that they’ve come a long way in that time. Coming off the back of a few German cars, I’m surprised at how well the little fiesta stands up against the “premium” brands. For a 1 litre engine, it’s nippy as anything. The instrument cluster looks spot on and the heated steering wheel and seats are absolutely rapid - they were fantastic when I was driving to work at 5am this morning. The user interface on the infotainment system is also nice and user friendly and it doesn’t overly complicate things.

So the car I ordered was an ST Line Vignale but I noticed earlier on today that when you put the reg into the comparison sites it comes up as an ST Line X. Quite strange given that all my documents and emails from the suppliers state Vignale. I wasn’t made aware of any changes to the order at any point. Does anyone know what the differences are between the Vignale and X models? The only things that it hasn’t got are the auto folding door mirrors and the wireless charging mat. Pretty gutted about the charger as I was really looked forward to this feature (I may have spent the last 9 months telling my missus how her bigger, more expensive car doesn’t even have this). I may have to look at retro fitting it. Other than these two, I honestly can’t find anything else missing and am struggling to identify what, if anything, could be missing. Wondering if Ford have merged the two cars together under the ST Line X name and have ditched the Vignale trim?

13 minutes ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Wondering if Ford have merged the two cars together under the ST Line X name

limited edition.JPG

Just taken delivery of a fiesta titanium x for my son. Original order was for a titanium Vignale. I was told by the dealer that the original vignale ordered had been renamed to a titanium x because it was now going to be a 2023 model. The spec was the same. Not sure if the one that is being produced now has changed spec since.

On 10/30/2022 at 10:53 PM, unofix said:

It's the other way around. The registration has to be officially assigned to the vehicle and added to the the DVLA data base. Then provided there is insurance in place for the vehicle, an application can be made to tax the vehicle.

It's not possible to apply for insurance or road tax until the registration number has been assigned to the vehicle VIN. Only when the registration goes live on the DVLA data base does that car become ready.

Since the DVLA are always 3 to 4 weeks behind on nearly everything there is nothing a dealer can do once they complete the application to register the vehicle.

Yes when ford had the seven day (then reduced to three day) drive away insurance, the dealer told me it was so they could tax the vehicle and get you insured in it and let the system catch up so you could sort out your own insurance once the vehicle registration was registered with their insurance systems.

• Like 2

Mine is a 2022 model Fiesta Titanium X and I don't have folding mirrors and no lumbar support. No heated wing mirrors either.

I paid extra to have the latest model but this turns out to be very basic in some ways.

5 hours ago, Rondy said:

No heated wing mirrors either.

Are you sure? I have a 2022 Titanium (plain, not Vignale or X) delivered one month ago and while it doesn't have folding mirrors it seems to have heated ones. If you drive the drivers' mirror outward to the limit and look in the gap between the mirror and the housing nearest the door I can see the brown and black wires for the heated mirror. Lower the drivers' window to more easily look in the gap and use a torch to illuminate it.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2022 at 10:15 PM, Raymond Reddington said:

Finally got my Fiesta yesterday after almost 9 months of waiting. I’m pretty happy with it upto now. The last Ford I had was over 9 years ago and I’ve got to say that they’ve come a long way in that time. Coming off the back of a few German cars, I’m surprised at how well the little fiesta stands up against the “premium” brands. For a 1 litre engine, it’s nippy as anything. The instrument cluster looks spot on and the heated steering wheel and seats are absolutely rapid - they were fantastic when I was driving to work at 5am this morning. The user interface on the infotainment system is also nice and user friendly and it doesn’t overly complicate things.

So the car I ordered was an ST Line Vignale but I noticed earlier on today that when you put the reg into the comparison sites it comes up as an ST Line X. Quite strange given that all my documents and emails from the suppliers state Vignale. I wasn’t made aware of any changes to the order at any point. Does anyone know what the differences are between the Vignale and X models? The only things that it hasn’t got are the auto folding door mirrors and the wireless charging mat. Pretty gutted about the charger as I was really looked forward to this feature (I may have spent the last 9 months telling my missus how her bigger, more expensive car doesn’t even have this). I may have to look at retro fitting it. Other than these two, I honestly can’t find anything else missing and am struggling to identify what, if anything, could be missing. Wondering if Ford have merged the two cars together under the ST Line X name and have ditched the Vignale trim?

I had the 155 ST Line Vignale on order since January this year but found out last week it’s been changed to 125 ST Line X because Ford dropped the 155 engine and Vignale trim a few months ago. Very annoying to only find out now!

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Bantu said:

I had the 155 ST Line Vignale on order since January this year but found out last week it’s been changed to 125 ST Line X because Ford dropped the 155 engine and Vignale trim a few months ago. Very annoying to only find out now!

That's very poor communication. The 155 and Vignale trim had been dropped from the Price List/Ordering Guide by April this year.

39 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

That's very poor communication.

That would generally be a 'You' code 🤣

22 hours ago, agraham said:

Are you sure? I have a 2022 Titanium (plain, not Vignale or X) delivered one month ago and while it doesn't have folding mirrors it seems to have heated ones. If you drive the drivers' mirror outward to the limit and look in the gap between the mirror and the housing nearest the door I can see the brown and black wires for the heated mirror. Lower the drivers' window to more easily look in the gap and use a torch to illuminate it.

No, I have checked through the manual and sat out playing through SETTINGS. THere are no wires going to the wing mirrors at all.

Also, according to the manual you should be able to go through settings then to mirrors and either turn them to fold on or off.

There's nowhere in my settings pertaining to mirror at all.  I can only guess that due to the semi conductors shortage some things weren't added to some new vehicles. I am a little disappointed at it being so basic.

• Like 1

The manual will be an old manual and folding options would have been shown before the change. Pulling the glass off is really the only sure fire way to see if heated mirrors are fitted. 

40 minutes ago, Rondy said:

Also, according to the manual you should be able to go through settings then to mirrors and either turn them to fold on or off.

As I said, mine does not have folding mirrors - hence no settings, but it does seem to have the two wires to the rear of the mirror. When I said "drive the mirror" I didn't mean folding it, I meant using the power adjustment of the alignment of the mirror in the housing.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club