Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Mother Chuffing Corsa!

jeebowhite

Yeh, pass plus helped me out loads to start with, afterwards not so much, but it did pretty much knock off the next years insurance from my first years insurance...

Shame I missed out on all this police disguises and advanced course partaking chat... can we bring that back now :) I'm not too far from Clives shop, I can start staking it out...

• Like 1

Remember- I know where you live ;)

...might be changing the name...that'll throw you.. :lol:

Unless you can pick up and move a whacking great terraced property I don't think a name change will throw me off target. :p

• Like 2

Haha, it's sad really that additional qualifications don't save you anything. You get a degree and you apparently get paid more (that's a lie lol) or you go get qualifications so your not just anyone, but your anyone who knows something and you get paid more, but why does anyone who knows more a put safe driving just get stuffed like everyone else? I suspect the answer lies in parliament. Motoring is the only way us idiots who have jobs worth doing and need to drive to, or families worth having and need to travel to, or for the final matter just want the pleasure and freedom it offers can be bent over at every turn, VED, VAT, insurance, repairs, tolls and everything else in between.

Sad really, if only motorists started to be rewarded more then perhaps we could afford to spend more which would bring more money in...

Besides, I'm sure the government has stakes in vauxhalls, perhaps that's why the 10 year has gone. They lured owners in sold them a vauxhall, whipped away the offer and now stand back and laugh ad their owners are bent over number 10s desk personally

Unless you can pick up and move a whacking great terraced property I don't think a name change will throw me off target. :P

...Really? Seems to puzzle the s**t out of everyone else I speak too... :lol:

Haha, it's sad really that additional qualifications don't save you anything. You get a degree and you apparently get paid more (that's a lie lol) or you go get qualifications so your not just anyone, but your anyone who knows something and you get paid more, but why does anyone who knows more a put safe driving just get stuffed like everyone else? I suspect the answer lies in parliament. Motoring is the only way us idiots who have jobs worth doing and need to drive to, or families worth having and need to travel to, or for the final matter just want the pleasure and freedom it offers can be bent over at every turn, VED, VAT, insurance, repairs, tolls and everything else in between.

Sad really, if only motorists started to be rewarded more then perhaps we could afford to spend more which would bring more money in...

Besides, I'm sure the government has stakes in vauxhalls, perhaps that's why the 10 year has gone. They lured owners in sold them a vauxhall, whipped away the offer and now stand back and laugh ad their owners are bent over number 10s desk personally

To be fair, the problem with UK motoring is far more dimensional. Gain something on one side and get screwed by the other, vice versa...

Take insurance companies:

Person A, B and C all buy a Ford Focus, exact same colour, spec, miles, area etc...

Person A is a Vauxhall driver at heart and goes to Halfords and buys every single shiny useless piece of ****, sticks it all over it, adds a few 'acceleration' mods etc.

Person B decides he wants to mod the safety of his car, upgrades brakes, seatbelts? idk, fire extinguishers etc..

Person C doesn't care and doesn't change anything...

You'd expect A's insurance to be highest (it probably will be), followed by C, followed by B...

When in reality, B would still get a higher insurance because of the mods... even though his mods mean he is less likely to ram into the back of someone that person A or C....

Common sense does not always prevail...

• Like 2

Sadly so very true indeed Ian!

• 2 months later...

Well, I have good news on this front!

Whilst I am still duly recovering from the incident, I was contacted by the police recently. They believe the driver was indeed driving without due care and attention, and as such, he has two options!

1) Pay out something like £180 and attend a mandatory Driver Awareness Course. Much as per the standard speeding course, if he attracts blue light attention for anything similar he will be punished for both offences over the course of the next three years,

2) If he refuses this, he has the pleasure of standing up in front of the judge and try to defend himself, with an exceptional likelyhood of points, fines and potentially (due to his driving only less than two years) a ban.

So for me, this was a good result enforced by the police.

• Like 2

Good news :). It would be a good laugh to see him try to defend his actions in court, but assuming he isn't a complete idiot he'll take option 1.

You would think so! but yeah,, at least he didnt get away with it! so in my book, a good result!

Good news :). It would be a good laugh to see him try to defend his actions in court, but assuming he isn't a complete idiot he'll take option 1.

That's a pretty big assumption..

especially if you take into account that:

1) he's driving a corsa

2) he caused this incident in the first place...

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

That's a pretty big assumption..

especially if you take into account that:

1) he's driving a corsa

2) he caused this incident in the first place...

True, driving a Corsa is worth at least -50 IQ :P

least you got some good news i would be raging lol but hope yer getting there mate forgot to say before Great name ;)

What great name would that be lol

James obv :P

My woman if shes in a good mood its James......if in bad mood its HAWL YOU JIMMY! lol

Haha, when my wife's in a bad mood she calls me by other names, sadly none are forum friendly, however if you pick two swear words and a word at random, she has probably called me that at some point.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Oh dear... it appears someone has been a naughty boy...

I just got a call from the police....

As some of you may remember, Corsa Boy was offered two options after he was found to be driving without due care and attention:

1) attend a drivers awareness course - Pay the fee (around £200) and learn the lesson

or

2) go to court and face up for what he has done...

Initially he was going with option 1) however, it seems he has made excuses every time the police have contacted him and as such, he has been summonsed to court.

Given that its a good few miles away, I wont be attending just yet (or at least I dont think so) but if he pleads not guilty, then I will be called as a witness to his trial!

Seems someone would have had a better outcome had he just put his hand in his pocket...

• Like 2

Oh I know. I'm going to email back the officer might go for a front row seats at his plea hearing...

Hahaha, stupid is as stupid does.

I bet he thinks he now has more 'street cred'. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I said that to the wife. Got a letter from my solicitor today, they estimate their fees to be 9k,plus about 2.5k for my car repairs, 1k for car hire, expenses and injuries, along with medical reports etc his idiocy will cost his insurance around 25k

On top of f court costs, fines, points and a potential ban...

I bet he turns up at court with a set of rosary beads

• Like 1

And burberry finest....

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club