Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

6 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I used to have to work through them, as at one point they were a daily occurrence (literally) so I got used to working 50% from my desk and 50% from the toilet... :mellow:

I found Imigran50 to be very good but rather expensive at around £8.50 for 6 tablets! They stopped the sickness too though which is a bonus. Took Codeine and Ibuprofen combined tablets today so thats me constipated til tomorrow, just thought id share that!:laugh:

15 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I found Imigran50 to be very good but rather expensive at around £8.50 for 6 tablets! They stopped the sickness too though which is a bonus. Took Codeine and Ibuprofen combined tablets today so thats me constipated til tomorrow, just thought id share that!:laugh:

Just till tomorrow?  That's nothing!  If I "go" once a week I'm lucky.

Having looked up that medication, it seems it is a brand name for sumatriptan, which I have on prescription, but have had to stop taking after it started giving me side effects similar to that of having a stroke!! :ohmy:

• Like 1

I don't like my aforementioned tooth-ache radiating to my jaw and making it very painful to even speak!

I think you need  a dentist as soon as poss/ As ever thing closing for Christmas :sad:

some open on a Saturday .

My youngest Daughter being rude interupting conversation and misbehaving when my Father-In-Law came to visit today for Christmas, 

May not see him again until January, I'm feeling quite embarrassed indeed.

Just now, dezwez said:

Thats kids :smile:

Well, it is and it isn't.  If I was misbehaved around other adults when I was a child, I was put in another room (not to mention a good slap)!!  That said, I don't remember my mother ever having to do that because I knew better 99% of the time.

I know it is frowned upon these days, but I still think that "don't speak until you are spoken to" is a good idea when it comes to young children.

16 minutes ago, Lenny said:

My youngest Daughter being rude interupting conversation and misbehaving when my Father-In-Law came to visit today for Christmas, 

May not see him again until January, I'm feeling quite embarrassed indeed.

What is done is done.  You can only change the future, not the past...

1 minute ago, jmurray01 said:

Well, it is and it isn't.  If I was misbehaved around other adults when I was a child, I was put in another room (not to mention a good slap)!!  That said, I don't remember my mother ever having to do that because I knew better 99% of the time.

I know it is frowned upon these days, but I still think that "don't speak until you are spoken to" is a good idea when it comes to young children.

Different world now i would not have dared to misbehaved around other adults

I found Imigran50 to be very good but rather expensive at around £8.50 for 6 tablets! They stopped the sickness too though which is a bonus. Took Codeine and Ibuprofen combined tablets today so thats me constipated til tomorrow, just thought id share that!laugh.png

If you suffer from migraines get a daith piercing it really does work my wife had one about 18 months ago and has never had a migraine since. Just google it and make sure you use a reputable piercing salon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dezwez said:

Different world now i would not have dared to misbehaved around other adults

Indeed it is, and neither would I.  I was born in 1995 so not that long ago in the grand scheme of things, but it is much different now compared to even just 10-15 years ago.

I don't like 'santa' leaving a stocking outside my door last night, immediately after Mum visited apparently but I didn't know until 10am.

I'm 24 ffs...  And my neighbour had his kid stay there last night, wonder how he explained that to her this morning. :rolleyes:  

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like 'santa' leaving a stocking outside my door last night, immediately after Mum visited apparently but I didn't know until 10am.

I'm 24 ffs...  And my neighbour had his kid stay there last night, wonder how he explained that to her this morning. :rolleyes:  

lol :smile:

11 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

Indeed it is, and neither would I.  I was born in 1995 so not that long ago in the grand scheme of things, but it is much different now compared to even just 10-15 years ago.

People don't discipline their children properly nowadays. I mean,I was born in 1999 and my mum always used to smack me if I was naughty. Admittedly it wasn't very often as I was generally well behaved. I didn't like it when she used to pull me by my ear though, now that hurt! It did the job it was meant to though and it's never done me any harm in the long term.

I don't really understand the problem with hitting children as long as it's justified and not OTT (ie not very often) but that's me.

29 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Well, Santa is allowed to come early for some adults, so he can get all the children done on Christmas Eve, isn't he?! Nice of your mum to go to the effort though. I don't think age really matters tbh, you should be grateful she still bothers! (IMO of course)

However you can't beat a nice stocking. It's my favourite part even now. :laugh:

1 hour ago, chrisroberson99 said:

I don't think age really matters tbh, you should be grateful she still bothers! (IMO of course)

However you can't beat a nice stocking. It's my favourite part even now. :laugh:

You won't be saying that once you reach my age! :wheelchair:  :laugh: 

I don't like discovering both my pea cage and broad bean frame have been blown over, and are a mass of crumpled canes and netting on the lawn:sad:  It wasn't exactly stormy here yesterday, unlike Scotland and north west, who had Storm Barbara contend with: we only had slightly breezy Barbara:laugh:.  In previous years, all my frames and cages have withstood severe gales,  I use a space frame type of construction, so it's a mystery as to why it's now come down:unsure:

If it were a deer, which do come down from the woods on the hill from time to time, I would've expected the broccoli cage to have been ransacked and the plants nibbled to the ground. Neither the peas nor the broad beans have emerged yet, so there's nothing to nibble:mellow:

Brandy didn't want to join me walking round the neighbourhood with the last of the Xmas cards, I've never seen her decline an extra walk before:sad:

It's odd walking around on your own, when normally there is a dog beside you:mellow:

Learning of the death of one of my favourite guitarists death. Rock on up there Rick Parfitt.

Learning of the death of one of my favourite guitarists death. Rock on up there Rick Parfitt.

Yes a sad day indeed

I don't like now having 2 radio controlled clocks in the same view...somehow they're ~5 seconds apart even after re-syncing both! :wacko:

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like now having 2 radio controlled clocks in the same view...somehow they're ~5 seconds apart even after re-syncing both! :wacko:

Are you moving your eyes fast enough?:whistling1:

2 minutes ago, WES180 said:

Are you moving your eyes fast enough?:whistling1:

Lol, it goes backwards as well as forwards so yes! :tongue: 

I don't like this feeling of an impending flu still hanging over me!!  It has progressed to a sore throat now, but still no other symptoms are developing.

I also don't like having to go out later for some shopping, but knowing how packed it will be with boxing day shoppers. 

I don't like hearing a massive crash and a thud coming from downstairs:ohmy: when I'm sitting on the loo, halfway through having a my morning poo:ohmy: 

Rather than wait for me to finish and aid her down with her harness, Brandy had forgotten her rear paws don't work well now on stairs, and gone down on her own:sad:  She'd somehow managed the first the flight but fallen down the second:ohmy::sad: colliding with the occasional table at the bottom:sad:

She was in the hall, rather bewildered with the occasional table upturned, surrounded by scattered flowers, broken vase and a pool of pee behind her on the carpet She was lying down with her rear right paw at an odd angle, I feared she'd broken it:sad:, more so, when she stood up and held it off the ground. :sad:  Confusingly, she didn't mind me examining the afflicted paw and uttered not a sound.:unsure:  She started walking around on three paws but was reluctant to put her fourth down

Being a bank holiday, Brandy's regular vet isn't available directly, but the emergency service that operates when they're closed is.  I phoned their number and spoke to one of the vets, unlike the human out of hours service: the vet one, is answered by qualified practising vets not call handlers. They like you to call them before coming down, so they can set up a triage team to meet you as soon as you arrive at the clinic.:smile: 

I almost forgot to go and retrieve my jeans and boxers that I'd abandoned in the upstairs hall, as I sprinted from the loo to go to her aid, in my rush to get Brandy to the clinic:laugh:  Mind you, I suspect the emergency vet has seen people arrive in all manner of undress with their injured animals:mellow:

We were met by a team consisting of a vet, 2 nurses and an assistant. Brandy was taken inside by her personal triage team, examined and then sedated for an x-ray.  

She hasn't broken her paw:yahoo: She's sprained it:mellow:  The vet said, she must rest it, be restrained from bouncing about, and only have a few very short walks on her lead: rather than her normal long ones.  I'm also fitting the toddler gate that I put across the open front door in the summer, at the top of the stairs, to prevent a repeat tumbles, when I'm abluting.

It's worth noting to anyone that has pets and is on a restrictive budget, the value of insurance, for emergency and out of hours vet trips.  This morning's vet fees were almost 6 times Brandy's regular vet's fee.

I don't like waking up this morning to see a few very heavy stones lying on our lawn! Been a bit windy up here overnight and next door's bushes have been blowing up against the wall(or D Y K E as we call it) and pushed them over! 

IMG_20161226_125312075.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club