Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, Incontro said:

wet electric central heating systems (that use electric boilers)

I did not even know such things existed.  It is such an obviously stupid and wasteful idea that I really did not believe anyone could sell them!

I have learnt something there.unsure.png

The only way to use electricity to provide general space heating is with heat pumps. That way you get back some of the heat lost in the electricity generation and transmission process. But it does not come cheap as a capital investment.

The reason gas is 3 to 4 times cheaper than electricity, is that about 70% of the heat in the gas is wasted when used to generate electricity, only 25% to 30% of the energy in the gas gets to the user. About the same as with petrol engine cars, only about 30% of the energy in the fuel gets to the wheels. The Diesel cycle is slightly better (say 5 to 10% better), but at a cost that is much talked about!

The 1st and 2nd laws of thermodynamics are hard and unforgiving, impossible to defeat, and difficult  to get around!

• Like 2

I work for an outsourcing company who provides call centre services to a major UK energy supplier, put it that way... laugh.png
1250 units is a heck of a lot to use in a month, but is not at all surprising if he has an electric central heating system.  They are the worst, even worse than storage heaters.

So you're the reason I've been speaking to 'Mark' who is allegedly in Manchester? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You say that, but it has got to the point now where I can drink 1 litre of energy drink and feel no different to before I drank it.  Coffee and caffeine in general has stopped giving me any "buzz" whatsoever. 
I rarely eat anything for breakfast as I always wake up feeling nauseous.  Sometimes I'll have a bacon sandwich/roll but that's about it.  That said, I may try having a bowl of porridge tomorrow as an experiment to see if it makes any difference.
It is funny you should mention ME, as I had just thought about that half an hour ago as a possible cause.  The only person who can really say what the problem is would be a doctor, but all the doctors I've seen since moving up here (from Buckie) have been more interested in getting me out the door ASAP rather than listening to what I have to say. 
5 hours is the most I usually get, but more often than not it is 3-4 hours, which is what I put my tiredness down to until I have had a few instances of getting 7-8 hours and still felt the same.

If you wake up feeling nauseous it could be too much caffeine. Try decaf coffee for a while or alternate between the two if you need to. If it is your blood sugar then you need to make sure you get sugar on board and then some carbs to keep the sugars up. I'm not some health freak by the way, I don't eat breakfast either lol. I'm not allowed caffeine now but I used to drink energy drinks and loved them lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I always wake up feeling nauseous, and therefore don't eat breakfast usually. Have a drink though, water or squash. The nausea in my case is because my gut likes to cause trouble...

You are likely to become tolerant to the amount of caffeine you drink, if you have it every day. You may also feel the effects of not drinking the usual amount!

• Like 1

I don't like today is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year....and I don't feel any different to normal.  Either it hasn't worked or I'm just usually depressing. :tongue::laugh: 

• Like 1

I don't like losing my shopping list in Sainsburys this morning...and having no recollection of putting it down or dropping it, checked my basket, pockets and even my BFL but nothing.  :ohmy:  I'm not one of those people that loses things usually.  The only place I can think I could've dropped it is on a bread shelf, when trying to find bread and rolls with more than 1 days date on them! :rolleyes:  So that's a small, folded brown envelope lost amongst the wholemeal shelves if so lol. :laugh:  Looked through there but still couldn't find it.  Complete mystery. :unsure: 

Fortunately was at the end of my shop there so had everything I needed (probably lol), but it also contained my Tesco list which I had to try and remember and my to do list for a few days as well.  Old age is definitely creeping up on me I reckon. :unsure:

I don't like that Brandy's vitality seems to have declined today. 

She's hardly touched her breakfast (again, she had no interest in her tea yesterday either:sad:),  had no interest in going for a stroll, and even struggled to remain upright long enough to do her ablutions (even when I supported her with her harness)..  We've subsequently had 2 leaks and one extrusion on the carpet:mellow:, behind her as she's snoozed, she didn't even crawl out of the way having leaked to keep her tail dry:sad:

5 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like today is supposed to be the most depressing day of the year....and I don't feel any different to normal.  Either it hasn't worked or I'm just usually depressing. :tongue::laugh: 

Is that a new day? 

When my brother was still a researcher (psychology), he said the most depressing day was the third Monday in February.  Expressed in the terms the of most common day to commit suicide.  Apparently it was too far away from Xmas and not near enough to summer, which consequently led to those without any hope to give up entirely.

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like losing my shopping list in Sainsburys this morning...and having no recollection of putting it down or dropping it, checked my basket, pockets and even my BFL but nothing.  :ohmy:  I'm not one of those people that loses things usually.  The only place I can think I could've dropped it is on a bread shelf, when trying to find bread and rolls with more than 1 days date on them! :rolleyes:  So that's a small, folded brown envelope lost amongst the wholemeal shelves if so lol. :laugh:  Looked through there but still couldn't find it.  Complete mystery. :unsure: 

I'm often finding someone else's shopping list abandoned in the trolley I select, and on two occasions somebody else's lottery tickets:ohmy:

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Old age is definitely creeping up on me I reckon. :unsure:

You've got a long way to go with your forgetfulness to equal my Mum's age related forgetfulness.

• Like 1

Yes it's called 'blue monday' apparently.  Due to the length of time since Xmas, failing new year's resolutions, cold and wet weather, still broke from the Xmas period etc.  Not sure if there is any 'proper' evidence to back it up like suicide rates though.  

• Like 1

I don't like an intermittent scoring sound from the brakes, and also a stiffer than usual clutch pedal on the 405 whilst driving home from work tonight...  I haven't had an issue for a while, so it would be typical of a French car for two to arrive at once!!

Brandy is declining rapidly, I fear in the next 24 hours, I shall be making a one way trip to the vets:down:

She's not eaten at all today and apart from one slurp this morning hasn't drunk from any of her water bowls :sad:

She's been like this under her woolly fleece complete one my Mum's hot water bottles since before I went to the dentist20170116_191614_HDR.jpg

I'm so sorry Ghana...

I had feared she was going downhill, but hoped it wouldn't be the case. 

I'll say a prayer for her, and my thoughts are of course with you.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, GMX said:

Brandy is declining rapidly, I fear in the next 24 hours, I shall be making a one way trip to the vets:down:

She's not eaten at all today and apart from one slurp this morning hasn't drunk from any of her water bowls :sad:

She's been like this under her woolly fleece complete one my Mum's hot water bottles since before I went to the dentist20170116_191614_HDR.jpg

I really feel for you, this is one of the most upsetting time of someone's life, my much loved rabbit Lucy died last year and our other rabbit died the year before and we are still very upset about it, animalsd really do  become a part of the family.

I really hope your dog is going to make a full recovery , I shall also say a prayer for Brandy and I am going to send you a private message now

take care

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I'm so sorry Ghana...

I had feared she was going downhill, but hoped it wouldn't be the case. 

I'll say a prayer for her, and my thoughts are of course with you.

I see you do have a caring side after all.

did you get my PM ?

cheers

Just now, Fastlife91 said:

I see you do have a caring side after all.

did you get my PM ?

cheers

I am a very caring person Mark, and yes I did.

• Like 1

Just now, jmurray01 said:

I am a very caring person Mark, and yes I did.

I'm sure you are.

Well what did you think of your message, do you understand why I wrote it to you and what is your response to said message ?    you can reply to this via PM if you want, I'm very interested to know your take on this.

cheers

She's not eaten at all today and apart from one slurp this morning hasn't drunk from any of her water bowls sad.png

I feel for you mate. Never a good thing saying your best friend in such a taste and almost seeing the lights go out but if you do have to make the trip it is for the best rather than see her suffer to the end. But I hope she gets better.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, GMX said:

Hope she gets better mate,

Perhaps lye down with her for a while and have a conversation; 

I always had stray dogs and cats when I was a kid growing up in the remote countryside, used to spend my summer holidays taiming cats, 

I've always had a good relationship with animals.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

I feel for you mate. Never a good thing saying your best friend in such a taste and almost seeing the lights go out but if you do have to make the trip it is for the best rather than see her suffer to the end. But I hope she gets better.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I agree, well said. I also hope she gets better though, I really really do and this has actually brought a tear to me eyes.

God is the creator of everything and if Brandy dies then I truly believe that she will go to Heaven/Paradise, to be with Jesus

9 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I always had stray dogs and cats when I was a kid growing up in the remote countryside, used to spend my summer holidays taiming cats, 

Well said, some good advice

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I completely agree.  Now is the time to say what you need to say, so that you don't have any regrets. 

Has Molly seen her since she lay down?  It might be a good idea to make sure she does, so that she too can say "goodbye" if it comes to it.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I completely agree.  Now is the time to say what you need to say, so that you don't have any regrets. 

Has Molly seen her since she lay down?  It might be a good idea to make sure she does, so that she too can say "goodbye" if it comes to it.

I agree

who is Molly btw,  is Molly another dog ?

• Like 1

Molly is my cat

116400_0.png

46 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Yes, Molly has wandered in and out of the kitchen all day

• Like 2

I don't like seeing a MK1 Focus Ghia 2.0 for sale very locally for a very good price, but not having the money as it is 11 days to pay-day... :shock:

Why couldn't the seller have waited two weeks before listing for sale!? :pissed:

By the time I do get paid, the best deal will be Vauxhall Corsa with three flat tyres.

Not that you need one, there was a rather nice ex-police S-Max Zetec dog car  on 10 plate, sort of up your way (Inverness), when I was having my casual browse the other day.  it was the only Ford that wasn't at the most basic trim level. 

41 minutes ago, GMX said:

Not that you need one, there was a rather nice ex-police S-Max Zetec dog car  on 10 plate, sort of up your way (Inverness), when I was having my casual browse the other day.  it was the only Ford that wasn't at the most basic trim level. 

Yeah, that's a bit too modern for me...  I did email the seller of the Focus and she has advised it only has an MOT until March 17th, and from the pictures it has the typical rust on the rear arches and doors.  The only real advantage is the 2.0 engine, Ghia spec and the fact it only has 70,000 miles...  Certainly not worth what she is asking though.

I may have a casual viewing tomorrow, just to see what it is really like.  To be honest though, if she isn't prepared to drop the price then there is no chance of anybody buying it, when they could get something in similar condition with 12 months MOT for the same price.

If I make a decent offer on the condition of keeping it until next Friday, that could in theory work to both the mine and the seller's advantage.  Plus I'd have two MK1 Focuses... :yes:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club