Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

There's a vitamin for that Jamie, what it is? I can't remember but I know there is one. So this comment is about as much use as rubber lips on a woodpecker

We're like the blind leading the blind eh!? :lol:

• Like 1

I should go into work tonight as I need the overtime, but part of me doesn't want to as A there's been a spate of staff cars having their tyres slashed by the local hoodies who all meet up in their clios and saxos in the carpark late at night, a barrier has been put up to stop them getting close to the hotel but that means they all use the section before the barrier if that makes sense, and B I've got to think about my health first (as well as my car)

Once again. I have failed to collect my "click and collect" order from Machine Mart :(

I was going go this afternoon but distracted with cleansing a muddy dog, and then it too close to closing time. :mellow:

Isn't that the fatty acid Omega 3, mainly found in oily fish and plankton

The word acid puts me off as I am already an antacids "junkie" with my acid reflux.

To be honest I don't think it is a vitamin deciciency causing it, but rather a symptom of my depression/anxiety/stress. I'm sure there is some treatment but for that I'd have to go to a doctor, and me seeing a doctor is about as likely as Lady Colin Campbell buying tickets to a Spandau Ballet concert...

I also don't like I've gotta pick my son up on Christmas Eve, so much for steering clear of the motorway eh? Also means driving past cribbs when they're open :shock: should be fun (not)

I should go into work tonight as I need the overtime, but part of me doesn't want to as A there's been a spate of staff cars having their tyres slashed by the local hoodies who all meet up in their clios and saxos in the carpark late at night, a barrier has been put up to stop them getting close to the hotel but that means they all use the section before the barrier if that makes sense, and B I've got to think about my health first (as well as my car)

If you need the OT, then you already know what you have to do.

I know people will say "think of your health first" and maybe they are right, but I never have. The way I see it, I would be a lot more depressed and have more panic attacks at home worrying about NOT doing the extra work than I would by actually doing it. Trust me, I'm speaking from much experience.

The word acid puts me off as I am already an antacids "junkie" with my acid reflux.

To be honest I don't think it is a vitamin deciciency causing it, but rather a symptom of my depression/anxiety/stress. I'm sure there is some treatment but for that I'd have to go to a doctor, and me seeing a doctor is about as likely as Lady Colin Campbell buying tickets to a Spandau Ballet concert...

That would be more likely, depression/stress/anxiety cause all manner physical conditions; many of them, seemingly unrelated to each other.

Despite doing it most of his life, my brother all gets far too stressed presenting his findings to the various boards, whose companies he audits. On those days leading up to his presentation, he forgets quite unrelated things!

I also don't like I've gotta pick my son up on Christmas Eve, so much for steering clear of the motorway eh? Also means driving past cribbs when they're open :shock: should be fun (not)

and what is cribbs?

You'll be fine, I'm sure of it. Besides, you don't want to avoid the motorways completely as then you are at risk of developing a complex in the long run.

and what is cribbs?

That would be Cribbs Causeway. It is a shopping centre I think... I only know that because I work for a company who provides customer service for Marks & Spencer and there is a main store there.

That would be Cribbs Causeway. It is a shopping centre I think... I only know that because I work for a company who provides customer service for Marks & Spencer and there is a main store there.

Yeh sorry cribbs is cribbs causeway, major shopping outlet village thing in Bristol, and I have to pass close to its entrance on the m5, M&S is there there's a huge John Lewis, a mall of smaller stores and a massive cinema / entertainment complex, oh and it's fairly close to ikea as well

True about the avoiding motorways, last thing I want to do is develop another phobia still singing and chatting away seem to keep the entertainment going lol

• Like 1

That would be more likely, depression/stress/anxiety cause all manner physical conditions; many of them, seemingly unrelated to each other.

Despite doing it most of his life, my brother all gets far too stressed presenting his findings to the various boards, whose companies he audits. On those days leading up to his presentation, he forgets quite unrelated things!

Yes, it has been getting quite bad for me lately. It has caused some potentially hazardous situations as well, worryingly. Such as forgetting to fill up the screen wash (when completely empty and then driving without any water in the car), almost leaving the house with the chip pan on full heat (thankfully my mother noticed) and not feeding the animals.

Thankfully (in this respect) I live with my mother so she can pick up on 99% of the stuff I forget and either do it herself or remind me, but if I lived on my own I dread to think how I'd cope. The worst thing is, I can only see it getting worse.

• Like 1

Yeh sorry cribbs is cribbs causeway, major shopping outlet village thing in Bristol, and I have to pass close to its entrance on the m5, M&S is there there's a huge John Lewis, a mall of smaller stores and a massive cinema / entertainment complex, oh and it's fairly close to ikea as well

True about the avoiding motorways, last thing I want to do is develop another phobia still singing and chatting away seem to keep the entertainment going lol

Ah yes, John Lewis as well. Two stores I am far too poor to ever visit (although ironically I spend 8+ hours a day speaking to the customers thereof).

Yes, it has been getting quite bad for me lately. It has caused some potentially hazardous situations as well, worryingly. Such as forgetting to fill up the screen wash (when completely empty and then driving without any water in the car), almost leaving the house with the chip pan on full heat (thankfully my mother noticed) and not feeding the animals.

Thankfully (in this respect) I live with my mother so she can pick up on 99% of the stuff I forget and either do it herself or remind me, but if I lived on my own I dread to think how I'd cope. The worst thing is, I can only see it getting worse.

I would think, that thinking about it getting worse, could develop into a self-fulfilling prophesy.

I know it's easy to say, when I don't have it, but trying not to dwell on it too much, might help to alleviate it. :) :)

The same of course, for Laurie and your potential motorway phobia. :) :)

I would think, that thinking about it getting worse, could develop into a self-fulfilling prophesy.

I know it's easy to say, when I don't have it, but trying not to dwell on it too much, might help to alleviate it. :) :)

The same of course, for Laurie and your potential motorway phobia. :) :)

Yes, I should do. Either that, or buy a case of bourbon. The latter is very effective taking my mind off things...

Yes, I should do. Either that, or buy a case of bourbon. The latter is very effective taking my mind off things...

A bourbon drinking Scotsman!? :huh: :o :lol: From the land that bought the world the finest single malt! :o

That's not unlike a French sake drinker!

A bourbon drinking Scotsman!? :huh: :o :lol: From the land that bought the world the finest single malt! :o

That's not unlike a French sake drinker!

I know, I know. I am to Scotland what a Vauxhall owner is to FOC :lol:

I don't like trying to log into my online banking with my work NT login... What an idiot.

Ever run out of screen wash in a mk2.5 Focus? All hell breaks loose, there's beeping and lights and warning messages flashing up... Completely removing all of your attention from the road and triggering immediate panic... :lol:

I also get mind blanks/memory loss under stress though (tbf that's 99% of the time ha), it does make me wonder if other people get in such a muddle...looks like a yes... Living on your own isn't as bad as you may think though, so far I've only done one potentially dangerous thing on my own in 6 months here and that was turning on the wrong hotplate...for 20 minutes while I was in the loo... The smell was awful (from the hotplate, not the loo...) and I haven't done it since haha!

I also have a phobia of motorways/dual carriageways, I hate being trapped between slip roads, even more so when there's solid traffic or an accident (can stop or turn round and head the other way on single carriageway roads)...avoidance is really not the answer as above though!

Ever run out of screen wash in a mk2.5 Focus? All hell breaks loose, there's beeping and lights and warning messages flashing up... Completely removing all of your attention from the road and triggering immediate panic... :lol:

I also get mind blanks/memory loss under stress though (tbf that's 99% of the time ha), it does make me wonder if other people get in such a muddle...looks like a yes... Living on your own isn't as bad as you may think though, so far I've only done one potentially dangerous thing on my own in 6 months here and that was turning on the wrong hotplate...for 20 minutes while I was in the loo... The smell was awful (from the hotplate, not the loo...) and I haven't done it since haha!

I also have a phobia of motorways/dual carriageways, I hate being trapped between slip roads, even more so when there's solid traffic or an accident (can stop or turn round and head the other way on single carriageway roads)...avoidance is really not the answer as above though!

I get all the above, old age creeping up in my case.lol

I really miss the MK4 Fiesta! It had a low washer fluid warning lamp which would have reminded me to do it before driving off - but alas the Nissan wasn't equipped with such a warning so you have to actually TRY to spray the windscreen and hear the "weeeeeeee!" of a dry pump and realise the reservoir is empty!

Ain't it funny that a small hatchback from 1997 had a warning for washer fluid and yet a saloon from 2005 doesn't? Cost cutting at its finest!

• Like 1

The low screen wash warning annoys the excrement out of me. I know it's low you told me when it was getting low. You tell me every time I start the damn car. You tell me as often as you feel like doing and if that isn't enough you leave a little yellow light on permanently to remind me even though you have told me a million times. When I click the fricking button to acknowledge it I know don't keep reminding me I'll do it when I !Removed! feel like it not because you nag me worse than a woman. Sheesh rant end!!!!!

• Like 4

The low screen wash warning annoys the excrement out of me. I know it's low you told me when it was getting low. You tell me every time I start the damn car. You tell me as often as you feel like doing and if that isn't enough you leave a little yellow light on permanently to remind me even though you have told me a million times. When I click the fricking button to acknowledge it I know don't keep reminding me I'll do it when I !Removed! feel like it not because you nag me worse than a woman. Sheesh rant end!!!!!

Haha, it's funny because that's the kind of alerts/warnings I would find very useful.

Fancy swapping for an '05 Primera? :lol:

• Like 1

I really miss the MK4 Fiesta! It had a low washer fluid warning lamp which would have reminded me to do it before driving off - but alas the Nissan wasn't equipped with such a warning so you have to actually TRY to spray the windscreen and hear the "weeeeeeee!" of a dry pump and realise the reservoir is empty!

Ain't it funny that a small hatchback from 1997 had a warning for washer fluid and yet a saloon from 2005 doesn't? Cost cutting at its finest!

I'm sure my Volvo 760 and both the BMWs 730SE and 740i ,from the early 1990's has washer fluid warnings, can't remember if the 1998 Peugeot 406 had one. The Astra like your Primera relies on you hearing the "weeeeeeeee" of a dry pump

Gym food.... There is only so many ways you can cook an egg... And there is only so much eggs and chicken you can eat without wanting to go on some killing spree... Probably starting with ones self....

..my diet is more varied than just eggs and chicken by the way...

Gym food.... There is only so many ways you can cook an egg... And there is only so much eggs and chicken you can eat without wanting to go on some killing spree... Probably starting with ones self....

..my diet is more varied than just eggs and chicken by the way...

That's not unlike what Brandy gets, although she has more chicken than egg, and you cook yours: she has her raw.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club