Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like that an old lady in a purple Fiesta just tried to run me off the road...   I braked so hard the hazards came on, didn't even know they did that!!

As usual the dash cam has captured hours of footage bit not that!! :dry:

I also don't like that the bolt on the toilet seat snapped this afternoon!

18 minutes ago, GMX said:

Apart from the Corsa being used as a compost container, in Sturminster Marshall: Which wasn't really abandoned, just re-purposed.

Brandy and I have yet find anything car wise on our stroll

We have found a lot fly tipped domestic appliances and full bathroom suites, in hard to reach places. Which makes you wonder, if they're prepared to make that much effort to abandon it there: wouldn't it have been a lot easier to take to the recycling centre:unsure:

this car was obvoiusly torched after some lenghty off roading, 

do find quite a few bathroom suites also on my walks with dog .

Is that a Xsara or 406 coupe?

The people dumping bathroom suites etc are traders, they can't use household waste sites for free.  I hate fly tipping though, really annoys me that they have to ruin the countryside to save themselves a few quid. :sad:  Our local council dump is also now restricting and charging the general public for certain items of waste, which I have no doubt will only increase the fly tipping round here.

• Like 1

your very observant, took me ages in autotrader looking at various cars to figure out what it was, knew it was french by what was left of  diesel engine under bonnet, and wheel bolts, lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Peugeot wheel bolts of the 90s always were 19mm that I've seen.  Only 17mm ones I've seen were aftermarket ones.  The plastic covers went over 19s, and looked just as awful as plastic covers do on any car lol.  That said, it looks like you have one 17 and 2 19s on there!? As well as the damage caused by fools fitting wheel weights to the outside of the rim previously! :dry: 

Still, you probably wouldn't have got the bolts off with the crap standard wrench anyway, in my experience they just bend!!  I've always carried an extendable wrench with a double 17/19mm for that reason.  Also where is the spare wheel on the 405?  If it's underneath on a steel hook like the 306s and 106s it'll probably be permanently stuck there without cutting the bolt now lol.

Yes, there is a story to that...  On the day of my driving test I had both rear tyres replaced at National Tyres & Autocare, to which you would think "what has that got to do with the front wheels"...  Well, you would be underestimating the stupidity of National Tyre's employees.

Whilst it came back with both rear tyres changed and bolted on securely, the front N/S wheel (pictured) had one lug nut completely missing and the other three only FINGER TIGHT.  I kid you not. 

Thank God after driving 5 miles from the garage to home (having not checked the front wheels before leaving, assuming they wouldn't have been touched, as you would!) I did a walk-around of the car to make sure there was nothing the examiner would object to, and discovered the wheel! 

Due to this being 1 hour before my test (which was 30 minutes drive away), I had no time to demand National Tyres fix it and had no choice but to call a local independent garage who came to the house straight away and tightened the three remaining nuts, plus fitted a fourth which although not original, fitted enough to secure the wheel. 

And that is the story as to how I have one 17mm lug nut, and how National Tyres & Autocare could have caused a fatal car crash.

As for the spare wheel, yes it is located in a cradle under the boot.  Hopefully it isn't stuck, but the tyre on it has been replaced fairly recently so it would have had to be removed then.  Hopefully it hasn't had time to seize on, and if it has I'll try the Quasar.  If both have seized then I'll know somebody is doing voodoo on me! :laugh:

• Like 1

Had the same myself after having wheels balanced on the first 306 back in 2009.  Lost 2 of my lovely chrome headed GTi (cyclone) alloy bolts on the way home as the garage hadn't tightened them properly!  And found another finger tight as well.

Panicked and needing to drive to college I drove straight to the Peugeot dealer first (didn't know much about cars then, didn't realise 3 bolts per wheel would be 'ok')...they cost £6 per bolt!!  Glad I didn't need a full set lol.

Ever since then I've removed wheels myself and fitted spares while having tyres fitted.  Don't trust tyre monkeys any more lol.

44 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Had the same myself after having wheels balanced on the first 306 back in 2009.  Lost 2 of my lovely chrome headed GTi (cyclone) alloy bolts on the way home as the garage hadn't tightened them properly!  And found another finger tight as well.

Panicked and needing to drive to college I drove straight to the Peugeot dealer first (didn't know much about cars then, didn't realise 3 bolts per wheel would be 'ok')...they cost £6 per bolt!!  Glad I didn't need a full set lol.

Ever since then I've removed wheels myself and fitted spares while having tyres fitted.  Don't trust tyre monkeys any more lol.

Yes, I'm getting that way myself.  If I do let a garage do any work on the tyres in future, I'll be getting my wrench out there and then on the forecourt before I even drive off.  If a mechanic came over and asked what I was doing, I'd be happy to tell him "just checking you put the nuts back on right!".  I really worry for those drivers who don't care/don't know, who drive their cars away from garages every day and never check the wheels... :ohmy:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

some early Peugeots had 3 nuts as standard from what I remember,

Just now, iantt said:

some early Peugeots had 3 nuts as standard from what I remember,

I think some small cars still do.  Three lug nuts (as long as they are tight) are perfectly safe, as long as the car isn't being driven like you stole it!

I remember now, 104 and Talbot samba(same car , different badge) they were oval nuts.

I don't like waking up for the second day in a row feeling groggy!  I mean, I always feel like crap in the mornings due to my poor sleeping and caffeine addiction, but this is worse than usual. 

I don't like waking up for the second day in a row feeling groggy!  I mean, I always feel like crap in the mornings due to my poor sleeping and caffeine addiction, but this is worse than usual. 

I used to get this. What I did was have my last caffeine at 4pm then before bed go for a walk and set yourself a time for at least 6hrs sleep

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Even some of the early 106s and saxos were 3 stud.  BUT those 3 studs are evenly spaced.  Leaving one free from a 4 stud wheel means the clamping force isn't even which isn't ideal lol.

And I was 17, of course I drove it like I stole it!  :tongue: 

I don't like that the humidity has returned:sad:  along with the heat.

Despite having windows open all over the place, to drawn the air through the building: and consequently sitting in a stiff breeze:I'm sweating profusely:sweat:

I also don't like that aura has started up (again) in my left vision:ohmy:  I've tried Jamie's method of taking aspirin now to see if it will prevent a full migraine developing

The Citroen 2Cv was another 3 stud wheeled car.

Yeah, we have the same horrible sticky heat here today as well.  I thought summer was on the way out but it's right back again! :unsure: 

Sat waiting for the postman...I want my new number plates already!!!

Another penalty notice 2 in a week. wow

I challenged and won my PNC charge. I love a good scrap with the council

1 hour ago, Ken.K said:

1 hour ago, Joss max said:

I challenged and won my PNC charge. I love a good scrap with the councilto

My cousin swears by, telling them to take him to court over it and where he will be calling witnesses.  He's yet to have one council who haven't cancelled the PNC or pursued it further. Apparently, once you're into the realms of calling witnesses, the court costs for councils rocket disproportionately to the PNC, making the whole thing an economic disaster for them.

Having said that, he's only had PNCs from London boroughs, he's never had to use it outside of the M25

I challenged and won my PNC charge. I love a good scrap with the councilto

My cousin swears by, telling them to take him to court over it and where he will be calling witnesses.  He's yet to have one council who haven't cancelled the PNC or pursued it further. Apparently, once you're into the realms of calling witnesses, the court costs for councils rocket disproportionately to the PNC, making the whole thing an economic disaster for them.

Having said that, he's only had PNCs from London boroughs, he's never had to use it outside of the M25

The first one I paid maybe cos when i passed there again there was no signs. The second one well just bad observation i took a road for bus or cyclists only so only myself to blame really. Oh well live and learn

11 hours ago, Ken.K said:

The first one I paid maybe cos when i passed there again there was no signs. The second one well just bad observation i took a road for bus or cyclists only so only myself to blame really. Oh well live and learn

There's cameras Evey where. Especially in bus lanes. Even the buses have cameras to catch anyone who parks in the bus stop. We are being watched.

I remember when the only Person who gave out parking tickets were the traffic wardens. They spent most of their time directing traffic on busy days. Not chasing someone for money. Local authorities clear see PNC as a cash cow.

• Like 1

The humidity is worse today:sweat::sweat:  we've lost yesterday's breeze:sad:  there is no movement in the hot humid air:sad:

It's 31°C on the garage wall in the shade

The cats have disappeared into my deepest densest shrubbery to get out of the sun.  Whereas Brandy has opted to get as flat as possible on the tiled bathroom floor whilst periodically licking her chicken liver lolly/sorbet block. (Frozen chicken livers and water in an ex-ice cream tub)

6 hours ago, Joss max said:

There's cameras Evey where. Especially in bus lanes. Even the buses have cameras to catch anyone who parks in the bus stop. We are being watched.

That is odd, that they have photographic evidence: yet they back down when suggests he'll challenge them.:unsure:

I wonder if it's because whilst he has a house in London, he's not actually British as such, he's a Canadian national with US citizenship, that only spends about 80 days a year here. That complicates things for them and enables him to essentially get away with it.:unsure:

• Like 1

Despite the rain falling on and off all night and into this morning: it is still as humid as it was:sweat::sweat:

The forecasted thunderstorms with torrential rain missed East Dorset and offloaded on Hampshire and Wiltshire, judging by Met Office's radar:sad:

On 22/08/2016 at 5:55 PM, TomsFocus said:

Is that a Xsara or 406 coupe?

The people dumping bathroom suites etc are traders, they can't use household waste sites for free.  I hate fly tipping though, really annoys me that they have to ruin the countryside to save themselves a few quid. :sad:  Our local council dump is also now restricting and charging the general public for certain items of waste, which I have no doubt will only increase the fly tipping round here.

Fly tipping is disgusting and outrageous, however, since renovating our business I have come to have the tiniest bit of understanding of fly tippers and personally I hold the councils to blame.... blame the council is a pretty typical war cry I know....but hear me out... It is !Removed! hard to dispose of waste, cost wise it's not all that expensive, I mean, it's not free, so of course there will always be those that want something for nothing, so a nice spot of moorland is the key! However the loops that you're made to jump through to go down the correct procedures are enough to drive the most rational person bat**** crazy!

We have a very large room at the front of our place, which at one point was filled with 'rubbish' - not garbage, but building rubbish, talking about 2 metres high and more... I have had pick ups from the council (at my expense) and in order to book one involves a combination probably not unlike being told to cut off both your hands, then pull out your teeth with a set of pliers..... i.e. painful and impossible.. You must have tried phoning 'a council' if you call before 9 no one is around, if you call AT 9 no one wants to answer the phone and talk to the moaners.... 10 is tea and smoke break, 10:30 they're recovering from tea break, 11 is ok, if they're not in a meeting or out of the office...... 12 is lunch...as is 1 and 2... 3 is nearly home time o'clock and 4 is "I'm not doing overtime by talking to someone for 30 mins o'clock".... and heaven forbid you ask for an email or a call back...

I have actually travelled to the dump with a van full of crap, debit card in hand only to be turned away... I noticed as I drove down a lane leading away from the dump that to the left and the right was mounds of rubbish that had been 'fly tipped'.... RIGHT NEXT TO THE DUMP! Why? Because they council make it near impossible to get rid of rubbish.

Paint pots with any remnants of paint left in them are a no no... in fact, I've been told by my council that there is no facilities to get rid of paint pots from 'commercial' people.... ahem, ya what?!?

So yeh, fly tipping is blooming awful! It should all be dumped into a council workers front garden, not in nature!

...excuse the rant...

Edited by Ianb
replaced the word for 'covered in blood' with blooming...
  • Like 2

Lol at the paint pots, I had a load to get rid of when clearing out my Nan and Grandads ex-farm cottage - both were hoarders, if you've ever seen the hoarder programmes you'll know what I mean! :wacko:  Our dump wouldn't take any of it, emulsion had to be left to dry and go in the dustbin.  But what to do with the rest...

Anyway, when I ordered one of many skips, the driver turned up and dumped it in the drive, he noticed all the paint and said 'chuck it in there but make sure it's not on top'...so I did, and never heard anything back, even used the same company for a few more lol!

I also got 'checked' for commercial at the dump a few times as I was going down with overloaded trailers full every few days. :laugh:  Ah fun times...I actually like going to the dump and filling skips, weird I know!  Wasn't so keen on the damn rats there though!! :unsure: 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club