Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like finding somebody else's poo in my recently emptied recycling wheelie bin:sad:  They could've at least put in the non-recycling bin.:schmoll:

But then again, at least they picked it up and bagged it

Which is more than can be said of a certain rotund blonde neighbour, when her equally rotund golden lab performs his pavement ablutions.:mellow:

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like frozen screenwash this morning...was only -2 as well, thought it'd go lower but I am still on the 'summer' stuff tbf, waiting for it to run out so I can fill up with the Halfords berry stuff again. :biggrin: 

I don't think I've ever had windscreen washer fluid freeze.

Having said that, I think mine is protected down to -50°C, which would mean I'd have to be driving about in the Antarctic, in order to see whether or not, it would:unsure: 

• Like 2

Almost ran into the back of a BMW driver reversing out a parking bay. I stop for him and blow my horn to tell him I am there, then rather than he stops, me thinking he will let me pass, I start moving forward he starts reversing back out again Wtf. I pass him roll down my windows and he has the guts to say I was in the wrong. Last I remember if you are reversing out you watch for incoming cars and give way

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It's probably cheaper to just buy proper screen wash than buying some vodka for it! :laugh:

Yeah Ian, I've used the berry one for a couple of years now, smells great lol and I've never had it freeze.  Doesn't smear either.  The main reason I started using it was the cheap stuff kept going off in the bottle and smelling awful, I haven't had any halfords stuff go off so far.

at £2.86 for 5 litre readymixed or £3.19 for 5 litre concentrated, will buy some  and try it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GMX said:

I don't think I've ever had windscreen washer fluid freeze.

Having said that, I think mine is protected down to -50°C, which would mean I'd have to be driving about in the Antarctic, in order to see whether or not, it would:unsure:

Thing is, even when I use high quality screen wash it makes no difference as the jets/tubes freeze and result in nothing getting through anyway.  The 405 is especially bad with its wiper-mounted spray bars. 

At the moment I am using Prestone (this stuff) which is good, but doesn't stop the jets freezing. 

I don't like driving through 20 miles of very dense fog tonight on my way to Inverness (and back), and just as my luck would have it, I decided to take the 405 which is the one car without working front fog lamps!!  Typical, the first time in my driving life that fog lamps were genuienly needed, and I couldn't use them.

Molly has just decided that she no longer likes Tesco cat food in jelly, said no to Kitekat and doesn't want Butchers Classic.  I've had to appease her with some Tesco finest steak mince mixed with a few prawns, as I haven't got any other brands of cat food for her supper.:mellow: 

Had she changed her mind much earlier, say after breakfast: I could've restocked with Felix, Whiskas, Iams, Sheba and all the other brands she used not to like: but perhaps will do now

12 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Thing is, even when I use high quality screen wash it makes no difference as the jets/tubes freeze and result in nothing getting through anyway.  The 405 is especially bad with its wiper-mounted spray bars. 

At the moment I am using Prestone (this stuff) which is good, but doesn't stop the jets freezing. 

You could always retrofit heated jets

17 minutes ago, GMX said:

Molly has just decided that she no longer likes Tesco cat food in jelly, said no to Kitekat and doesn't want Butchers Classic.  I've had to appease her with some Tesco finest steak mince mixed with a few prawns, as I haven't got any other brands of cat food for her supper.:mellow: 

Had she changed her mind much earlier, say after breakfast: I could've restocked with Felix, Whiskas, Iams, Sheba and all the other brands she used not to like: but perhaps will do now

Sounds too much like hard work for me!! 

Molly has just decided that she no longer likes Tesco cat food in jelly, said no to Kitekat and doesn't want Butchers Classic.  I've had to appease her with some Tesco finest steak mince mixed with a few prawns, as I haven't got any other brands of cat food for her supper.mellow.png 

Fussy cat.
My dogs will eat nearly anything but seem to prefer whatever I'm having at any particular time.
I can't eat a pack of Garibaldi biscuits near any of them without being mugged for every last crumb.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

The odd thing is, the jets weren't frozen!  The pump worked and a foamy froth emerged from the jets but no actual fluid. :unsure:  I had had the engine running for about 20 minutes before needing the washers though so maybe that melted them?  Check how much water you're putting with that Prestone stuff, if you over dilute it obviously it reduces its freeze-proofing.

at £2.86 for 5 litre readymixed or £3.19 for 5 litre concentrated, will buy some  and try it.

Check the minimum temperature rating on both first!!

I got some Halfords "readymixed" that protects down to -20 for less than a bottle of their "concentrated" stuff that undiluted protects down to...yep...-20!!

• Like 1

How do you find the -20 stuff?  Seems to have a lot of complaints so I always stuck with the berry one lol! 

Will definitely check the temperatures though as that seems odd. :unsure: 

• Like 1

i don't like that the pleasant dry cold of a few days ago has been replaced by damp miserable cold with accompanying drizzle.:sad:

1 hour ago, iantt said:

-20 stuff is the green citrus?

Shouldn't they call that lime? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, GMX said:

i don't like that the pleasant dry cold of a few days ago has been replaced by damp miserable cold with accompanying drizzle.:sad:

Shouldn't they call that lime? 

Ah it's all various percentages of Methanol anyway 😁

I don't like being late for appointments etc I would rather be 10 minutes early than 1 minute late. So with that in mind I was between 5 and 10 minutes early for my dentist appointment this morning. Appointment was for 0845, so I assume it was the first of the day. From when I got in there until I was called at 0855!!!!! there was no-one went out of the door so NO previous appointments! No apology when I went in either. 

Thing is, if I was 10 minutes late I might have forfeited my appointment and possibly even be charged for it and be made to feel guilty for wasting an appointment that someone else could have used, so surely a wee apology wouldn't have been too much to ask................would it?   

• Like 1

I dont like not weightlifting for 5 weeks due to being ill and now im back im really struggling, hurry up and do your thing muscle memory!:whip:

I dont like not weightlifting for 5 weeks due to being ill and now im back im really struggling, hurry up and do your thing muscle memory!:whip:

Same problem I have but mine is just down to laziness. I lost 22kg this year and now fell out of it and have not been to the gym in like 8 weeks. Doing cardio and circuits but weights have gone to the dogs

• Like 1

Im gutted, im trying to put size on. Got up to 20 stone in the summer then 5 weeks of no training or mass gainer shakes dropped back to 18.5!

Im gutted, im trying to put size on. Got up to 20 stone in the summer then 5 weeks of no training or mass gainer shakes dropped back to 18.5!

That's not bad though just give yourself a few days at warm up weights and build back. You will be fine

13 minutes ago, Ken.K said:

Same problem I have but mine is just down to laziness. I lost 22kg this year and now fell out of it and have not been to the gym in like 8 weeks. Doing cardio and circuits but weights have gone to the dogs

Get yourself a training partner Ken. It makes all the difference as you dont want to let each other down. Ive just got in from the gym with my mate but if i was training on my own theres no way i would have gone, been knackered all day!

• Like 1

Get yourself a training partner Ken. It makes all the difference as you dont want to let each other down. Ive just got in from the gym with my mate but if i was training on my own theres no way i would have gone, been knackered all day!

I normally have good motivation but since I lost my job and finances not in the best place my head just been everywhere. Will be back in the new year though. Lose more body fat and lean gainz

• Like 1

I don't like the sheer volume of idiots that seemed to be in Tesco car park, this afternoon.  Whilst I waited for Brandy to do her pre-shop pee behind "click and collect" by her favourite  tree, apart from one girl in a red VW Polo; who did - no-one else appeared to be actually looking as they reversed out of their spaces. :ohmy:  

The worst of which was a BMW who reversed across two end to end spaces, to avoid having to go all the way round the one way system to get out.   He couldn't have looked, as he didn't stop; he shot straight out into the side of a passing Transit:ohmy:  Due to Brandy not liking being watched as she does her dog business, I saw the whole episode occur and gave the Transit owner my card, if his insurer would like a witness statement.

20 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like being late for appointments etc I would rather be 10 minutes early than 1 minute late. So with that in mind I was between 5 and 10 minutes early for my dentist appointment this morning. Appointment was for 0845, so I assume it was the first of the day. From when I got in there until I was called at 0855!!!!! there was no-one went out of the door so NO previous appointments! No apology when I went in either. 

My dentist is always running late:sad:   Only when he first joined the practice were appointments actually at the booked time :mellow:  My root canal appointment last time was an hour and 10 minutes late:ohmy:  

• Like 1

Blimey. Reading the gym workout weights stuff took me back nearby 30 years when I was mega seriously into weight training. Tearing both pecs put paid to all that and since. Ho hum.

37 minutes ago, tazzman600 said:

Blimey. Reading the gym workout weights stuff took me back nearby 30 years when I was mega seriously into weight training. Tearing both pecs put paid to all that and since. Ho hum.

Ouch! My shoulders knackered so i can only press to 90 degrees at the elbow so hopefully i will never incur that injury. To be fair being just under 6ft 6 the pro's are saying to only go to 90 degrees anyway with such long arms. Physio said ive over trained chest and shoulders and not done enough back over the years hence pulling my shoulder alignment too far forward which has then caused grinding and arthritis!

I don't like the incompetent idiot who clipped my wing mirror today. It was a 30mph road, cars parked along his/her side, but still easily wide enough for two big cars to pass. He/she came towards me with no sign of slowing, so I pulled over as tight to the kerb as I could. I was looking hard at the kerb, more than at the oncoming car. Then Bang :ohmy:!, and I saw my mirror tilted right in.

I didn't see the driver, or the car type, though it was not a big one, he/she must have been several feet out from the parked cars. I don't think it was a BMW, cos' naturally I would have stopped, got out of the way and doffed my hat laugh.png as it passed by if it was.:renske: I have been informed several times that BMWs have right of way at all times, and in all situations. Including, it seems, reversing:

On 05/12/2016 at 8:37 PM, Ken.K said:

BMW driver reversing out a parking bay. I stop for him and blow my horn to tell him I am there, then rather than he stops, me thinking he will let me pass, I start moving forward he starts reversing back out again Wtf.

6 hours ago, GMX said:

a BMW who reversed across two end to end spaces, to avoid having to go all the way round the one way system to get out.   He couldn't have looked, as he didn't stop; he shot straight out into the side of a passing Transit:ohmy: 

Since many insurance & finance people drive BMWs, I hope the Transit driver will still be able to claim.:wacko:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club