Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

11 hours ago, jace1969 said:

That must of stunk being there so long,you never know these days.

I just asked my dad now about how long his friend had lived there. He lived there since birth. Only thing is that the dog was found in the conservatory which was built around 10 years ago and judging by my dad's description it was done by cowboy builders. Must of been them who dumped it. His friend did mention to my dad about a smell some time back but I don't think my dad could smell anything. Did shake him up. 

I feel sad for little Bluey... but I bought another car. I almost feel dirty, but I think it's time for us to part. A petrol car was never really the best option for me in the first place, but I needed a car desperately at the time and, well, we became close for 5 1/2 years. The modding/tweaking was quite a hobby, the new car will not have to be tweaked quite so much. I will stick around though!

Don't like the fact that all the dealers I spoke to were offering (what appeared to me, i've put a lot into her!) a pittance (£800-1000) for part ex. Valuations on Parkers / Autotrader / CarGurus are much more, not necessarily including the aftermarket radio, bluetooth, navigation, reversing camera, rear parking sensors, etc. Watch this space once she's had a wash and wax tomorrow! 

• Like 1

I don't like trying to get used to wearing glasses... :unsure: 

When I had my eye test, they found that my sight is fine but I have an astigmatism which could be causing eye strain and ultimately adding to the chronic fatigue I feel in the evenings.  So I got a pair of cheap glasses to correct this, which I'm only meant to wear when using TV and laptop.  So far I've been trying them for a few minutes at time but they seem to be causing eye strain and nausea instead of preventing it... 🤔  Anyone else have glasses just for screens?  Do I just have to keep persevering with them for brief periods until it becomes better?

39 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

When I had my eye test, they found that my sight is fine but I have an astigmatism which could be causing eye strain and ultimately adding to the chronic fatigue I feel in the evenings.  So I got a pair of cheap glasses to correct this, which I'm only meant to wear when using TV and laptop.  So far I've been trying them for a few minutes at time but they seem to be causing eye strain and nausea instead of preventing it... 🤔  Anyone else have glasses just for screens?  Do I just have to keep persevering with them for brief periods until it becomes better?

I had a similar problem when I first needed glasses. I had to just keep wearing them until my eyes adjusted. The nausea and eye strain are caused by your brain being unused to being able to see clearer. I find it happens every time my prescription changes and the lenses get adjusted, even if it's just a small adjustment. 

I also buy cheap frames but I get the lenses free. I also get mine coated with anti glare stuff so that I'm not affected by really bright things (headlights etc). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

You just have to get used to them. It took me some time before I got used to wearing glasses when I drive in the night. It used to confuse my eyes due to the magnification and impear my judgement on size and space I had. Now just wear it normally. 

• Like 1

I don't like not taking my propranolol last night and waking up this morning with a migraine!!  I thought after taking it morning and night for over 2 years maybe it wasn't doing as much as I thought, so I decided to not take it last night and see what happened...  Well, now I know what happens, so maybe it is working after all! :rolleyes1:

48 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like not taking my propranolol last night and waking up this morning with a migraine!!  I thought after taking it morning and night for over 2 years maybe it wasn't doing as much as I thought, so I decided to not take it last night and see what happened...  Well, now I know what happens, so maybe it is working after all! :rolleyes1:

The paint fumes from painting last night could have contributed to the headache; 

Ironically; I have a headache thismorning both sides of my forehead and all my teeth,

Very rarely get headaches atall, 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like not taking my propranolol last night and waking up this morning with a migraine!!  

Interesting! I've been taking a small dose of that for 7 years and have found a marked reduction in the incidence and severity of the migraines that have plagued me most of my life. I wasn't prescribed it for that reason, but it's a very welcome side effect.

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Interesting! I've been taking a small dose of that for 7 years and have found a marked reduction in the incidence and severity of the migraines that have plagued me most of my life. I wasn't prescribed it for that reason, but it's a very welcome side effect.

Well I was prescribed it for my migraines and anxiety.  It works wonders with the former but sadly does little for the latter...

12 minutes ago, Lenny said:

The paint fumes from painting last night could have contributed to the headache; 

Ironically; I have a headache thismorning both sides of my forehead and all my teeth,

Very rarely get headaches atall, 

Could be, paint fumes don't normally give me a headache though but I guess it could be a combination of no medication and the fumes!!

• Like 1

What.. I'm just chillin by the door, ya know keeping it real;

No

That big tare in the floor was always there;

nothing to see here atall;

Just eh look the other way and I'll ah nom noma nom.. 🤣

20190811_160803.thumb.jpg.3040cbd7f1a7306d4feec35e9fb7e327.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not a guilty face at all.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

What.. I'm just chillin by the door, ya know keeping it real;

No

That big tare in the floor was always there;

nothing to see here atall;

Just eh look the other way and I'll ah nom noma nom.. 🤣

20190811_160803.thumb.jpg.3040cbd7f1a7306d4feec35e9fb7e327.jpg

Yep! Been there, done that! Usually with cats doing the damage though. 

• Like 1

@Lenny

Mrs Turvey has just reminded me that our black Lab chewed through the plastic tray in her cage and then burrowed through the lino and only stopped when she got to the concrete floor! 

She was about the age your pup is now 😉

• Like 1

Just been back from the emergency vets 

The misses and kids were down the green area around the corner from the house;

I got the stupid idea: thought I'd take the dog on the gokart sitting him on the seat in side kart of the go kart on the lead holding it while I drove down, 

Me in drivers seat; dog in passenger seat heres picture from archives to show he wasn't walking at any time he was on a seat with floor underneath 

20180714_175354.thumb.jpg.68387db1df5ce31152c893f32be8b2b8.jpg

Got there fine, coming home he stepped out while rolling and the go kart went over his rear left paw which he yelped for around 40 seconds then wouldn't or couldn't get up to walk on it😢,

I picked him up and ran staight in to the car and down to the vet where I waited 15min for him to arrive;

He was then limping in the vets and shaking every 90 seconds; the vet says he doesn't think anything is broken as he didn't show any signs of pain increase when the vet squeezed around the entire area; and he says that pups have a very low tolerance to pain, gave him pain kill injection and three day course of tablets,

He does have a red mark on his paw possibly from impact 

20190811_184647.thumb.jpg.1407c42d7c579812d437fc83e933e324.jpg

20190811_184740.thumb.jpg.82543e3fa76b256355c4c9e190679137.jpg

20190811_184640.thumb.jpg.c19cef64dd445efb32b9e5533e036ed0.jpg

20190811_184613.thumb.jpg.1727d5d9b6a093fa67a2e23ffb464b98.jpg

If still limping on Wednesday hes to go for an xray, 

I've brought his soft bed in to his training cage now and gave him a few treats along with a pair of sock that isint normally aloud to have and apologised loads, I wont be taking him out anymore I didn't see the harm until the accident happened and the entire family are extremely unhappy with me now aswell as I am myself,

Hes sleeping in his bed now I feel absolutely terrible I won't take him out again leave it to the wife. 

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Turvey said:

@Lenny

Mrs Turvey has just reminded me that our black Lab chewed through the plastic tray in her cage and then burrowed through the lino and only stopped when she got to the concrete floor! 

She was about the age your pup is now 😉

He has dug two holes in the back garden; funny as his head now disappears inside the hole; watching him out the window the other day then his head disappeared in to the ground 

To stop the digging just fill the holes in again but put some chicken wire just below the surface.
Keep repeating that every time they dig and after a short while they'll think the whole area is lined with wire and they will stop.
Use pepper or chili powder to stop them chewing the lino and furniture.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

To stop the digging just fill the holes in again but put some chicken wire just below the surface.
Keep repeating that every time they dig and after a short while they'll think the whole area is lined with wire and they will stop.
Use pepper or chili powder to stop them chewing the lino and furniture.

Thanks for that mate, 

He got up for dinner there and he's putting pressure on the leg again,

20190811_192119.thumb.jpg.b2b350cad561c1c78433724f9f069c4b.jpg

20190811_193652.thumb.jpg.2f5e615163d34f6405f658f4fc99ecfe.jpg

20190811_193916.thumb.jpg.0c636a448f6ecc9ab4f6b3cb5c335322.jpg

Has three red spots like blood but not bleeding here he is with a pair of socks shouldn't have them but I'll let him today 

20190811_194030.thumb.jpg.e3649a20c09b80255697a468ad06efaf.jpg

• Like 3

They're more resilient than you think.
Sounds like just a bit of bruising.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

They're more resilient than you think.
Sounds like just a bit of bruising.

Thanks mate, 

I still feel horrible about the accident but he slept last night until 06:30 this morning, he usually gets up at 05:30,

Hes going around today as though nothing happened thank God, jumping up on the sofa and I threw his ball and he went running then came trotting back up the garden like a show horse as normal; 

He's also pooping fine so no problem with putting pressure around the area;

and was licking vicky's jacket thismorning and while he was doing that I gently pressed around his leg which he didn't stop licking atall so seemed it didn't hurt him atall as I imagine licking takes alot of gentle effort which would be a difficult task if pain strikes,

Hes on half a tablet morning and night until Wednesday, paid the vet €60 thismorning for yesterday as I left the house immediately yesterday without my wallet, 

Now arranging pet insurance this week €187.39 per annum seems really good cover with Allianz cheapest is €128.54 but only covers two nights in the vets which is €110 per night in our local.

Aside from all the accident stuff its great to see; hes really attached to Vicki more than us, he follows her in to every room and sits next to her, also yesterday was first time in the forest,

I took him for a while and vicki was walking six metres ahead; he began pulling on the lead and whimpering until we caught up with her then he was content to walk along side looking up at her from time to time. 

Its really good that has happened; because his job is to keep her company and provide her with somthing to tend to in September when our youngest starts to go to play school because himself & vicki they have never been apart since he was born five  years ago; because he got very sick shortly after birth which led to a nervous breakdown and anxiety of separation;

but now having a pup with a boys name that accepts cuddles and listens to her seems to be helping really well to allow our son progress as he should and keep her off any medication as result of separation. 

• Like 2

I don't like having a hairline fracture on my wrist, haven't been able to drive for a week and a half now, hurts like hell! Hospital A&E were ruddy useless, 12 hours to be X-rayed and diagnosed!

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I don't like having a hairline fracture on my wrist, haven't been able to drive for a week and a half now, hurts like hell! Hospital A&E were ruddy useless, 12 hours to be X-rayed and diagnosed!

Sorry to read that mate, 

I can relate to your pain and problem; Hairline fractures are difficult to see on an x-ray I had an fracture pelvis where the leg goes in to the socket at the very top; they xray'ed and said it wasn't fractured; sent me home on crutches,

The next day my doctor sent me to go for a private ultrasound and showed the fracture, 

Have the given you melfin, diclofenac or Tramadol ? 

I was on all three at the time the Tramadol are addictive which they don't tell you neither; I had to slowly come off them when recovered from the fracture; the buzz off them was unreal though; I discovered a liking for Dubstep music such as the tune below and spending alot of time in the batch while on them felt like I was levitating 😅 also "Rui Da Silva Touch me" used to play than on loop repeat man love it when the maroccas kick back in at 07:13 on the track🙆‍♂️

But now I'm fine no pain or medication and barely drink neither; it does take alot of time to recover and when the time comes to do the physiotherapy it will increase the pain again but keep up the pain killers and the physiotherapy is key to full recovery, 

People dont realise the impact; like I understand for you now filling a kettle is difficult because you cant turn on the tap at the same time; or tieing shoe lace, also the trouser pocket on that side is nos useless; carrying phone and wallet on same side now; showering aswell

not trying to depress you just saying it is a terrible impact as some may think its only your wrist; but I do sincerely sympathise and wish you a speedy recovery 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

What was the cause of the fracture? I believe it won't take too long to heal from the extent of the fracture. Your going through the first stage of healing which is inflammation which only is days 👍

• Like 2

Usual wrist fractures involve the Scaphoid bone and results in pain at the area of the base of the thumb joint.

It's easily broken in an open hand fall or a blow to the palm or wrist eg by deflecting a punch or such.

They're difficult to identify by x-rays and can be incredibly painful but often mis-diagnosed as a sprain.

• Like 3

I've been told Liam got excited last night and done an Ozzy Osbourne style attack on the Cat door stop 😟

20190813_101233.thumb.jpg.21d4d275cbecb5890fa25582f7cc59ae.jpg

20190813_101250.thumb.jpg.ecf1bb38fd6c10bcfb08f897e8eb1283.jpg

His foot seems to be fine now though; not showing any signs of injury when on his feet, just the little marks on his leg

20190813_102330.thumb.jpg.19d5ba1fe61f518317a0acf11b9a9d4e.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club