Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

7 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Politicians.

Lol 😊

8 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Politicians.

Blimey, where have you been!? :biggrin: 

12 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like taking the battery out of the Citroen today and finding it is down to 6 volts!! :ohmy:

I knew it was low as not even the dash lights came on but not that low...  I just hope it will take a charge as upon hooking it up to my old battery charger (I mean really old - "Made in England" old!) the amp meter didn't even move, and normally it would shoot up on connecting a low battery to indicate current is passing through.

I put it on the low setting so we'll see what it says tomorrow morning.  It was a cheap battery (no warranty) but still at 8 months old I don't feel like having to buy another one and it did start the car fine every time until it went mysteriously flat.

I'll be really annoyed if a dud alternator has also killed a nearly new battery.

How cheap was that battery?  I don't think I've ever seen one without at least 2 years warranty! :laugh:  In all honesty though, at 6v it's probably knackered.

11 hours ago, iantt said:

Athiest and don't celebrate anything. Win win . 

If only it worked like that....we're still expected to partake in everyone else's celebrations! :laugh:  

11 hours ago, zain611 said:

I'm sure atheists celebrate birthdays, valentines and even Christmas 😂. It's the getogether which is nice. 

I never have understood the fascination of birthdays...'congratulations on not having died this year'... :unsure:  My great Aunt got really annoyed the year my sister didn't send her a card (genuine mistake as far as I know)...I honestly couldn't care less if I receive any or not! :laugh: 

And as for Christmas & new year, I'd get rid of that altogether...2 weeks of maniacal shoppers and drivers trying to get everywhere yesterday with no regard for anyone else followed by 2 weeks of a broken routine, noisy, bright fire hazards stuck all around the house, having to go through the annual family disappoint and massive amounts of guilt as well as trying to chose gifts for people you barely know with very little money...then having to try and look grateful when someone buys a completely inappropriate gift and wants you to open it right there with them...good job Jamie's not buying me any gifts 'eh! :tongue: 

Oh and I hate valentines...you know how Paris was...that's how every birthday was for me as a kid.  Every restaurant and cinema full of couples touching each other, eurgh...shame I was so damn impatient to come out 27 years ago! :lol:   If only I knew then, what I know now, I might have been more reluctant! :laugh: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Blimey, where have you been!? :biggrin: 

The thread isn't titled 'Things I don't like at the moment'....

The hatred just builds over time then a release is required. Then the cycle begins again!

☺️

• Like 2

I do like being responsible for @tomfocus 5000th like!

Wait, wrong thread!

I've also realised I missed the 's': it's @TomsFocus...

I've also also realised you can't edit out a tag.

My stupidity will remain here for all eternity...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

I do like being responsible for @tomfocus 5000th like!

Wait, wrong thread!

I've also realised it's @TomsFocus...

Mmm, that's satisfying, thanks Phil! :biggrin: 

Also not massively far off 10,000 posts now...I didn't even think I posted that much on here any more! :unsure:  I can only apologise... :laugh: 

@tomfocus will be getting plenty of email notifications today lol...he might finally make his first post after being a member for 5 years! :wink: 

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Mmm, that's satisfying, thanks Phil! :biggrin: 

Also not massively far off 10,000 posts now...I didn't even think I posted that much on here any more! :unsure:  I can only apologise... :laugh: 

@tomfocus will be getting plenty of email notifications today lol...he might finally make his first post after being a member for 5 years! :wink: 

I want to like this post, but then it wont be a nice round 5,000 anymore and the thought makes me itch slightly...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Phil21185 said:

I want to like this post, but then it wont be a nice round 5,000 anymore and the thought makes me itch slightly...

Ha, no, that's fine, leave it at 5k for a while!  Knowing my luck I'll say something helpful later and ruin it... :tongue: 

I've just the other forum I used to be a regular on...18k posts in 5 years over there, so maybe I'm not quite so bad over here!  :lol:  The irony is, I don't really speak in real life...what on earth do I find to post about!? :unsure: 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Ha, no, that's fine, leave it at 5k for a while!  Knowing my luck I'll say something helpful later and ruin it... :tongue: 

I've just the other forum I used to be a regular on...18k posts in 5 years over there, so maybe I'm not quite so bad over here!  :lol:  The irony is, I don't really speak in real life...what on earth do I find to post about!? :unsure: 

im not the most chatty either outside work. at work ive got an opinion on everything which must anoy a few. well i know it does, tough. lol

todays dont like is work isnt going to plan today, wifi down and now our diagnostic system has crashed which i rely on to earn . been waiting an hour so far for it to connect to remote servers in usa . oh and as i type, it may be working again. may be ?? 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, iantt said:

im not the most chatty either outside work. at work ive got an opinion on everything which must anoy a few. well i know it does, tough. lol

I didn't realise we joined at near enough the same time and have roughly the same post count and reputation...your posts are definitely more useful!! :biggrin: 

I don't often share opinions in real life, I rarely agree with anyone and don't want to cause confrontation or have to justify why my opinion is different to theirs so just hold my tongue and make affirmative noises...'mhmmm', 'oh ok', 'ah right'...and my personal favourite 'fair enough'.  :laugh:    Get me started on facts rather than opinions and I won't shut up though...turns out people generally aren't interested in how DPF regens work, the average mpg I get or the number of steps it takes from home to Tesco... :lol: 

Interestingly, I do have a strong opinion on opinions...everyone is entitled to their own...I have no desire to change anyone elses...and don't believe they should be trying to change mine either...we can all get along without having to agree on everything! :smile: 

I got a new set of workers to annoy tomorrow. Being  sent to another site 150 miles away for a day! Doubt I will get much done in-between the driving. I've downloaded a translator on my phone from English to Yorkshire. Lol . First question will be "Does thee av broadban' internet 'eear." 

• Haha 3

Just remember the old Yorkshire saying:

"See all, 'ear all, say nowt; eat all, sup all, pay nowt; and if ivver tha does owt for nowt - allus do it for thissen!"😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Just remember the old Yorkshire saying:

"See all, 'ear all, say nowt; eat all, sup all, pay nowt; and if ivver tha does owt for nowt - allus do it for thissen!"😀

Aye Up Lad 🙋‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gonna take my dog out the Dublin Road; 

Gonna walk until he well he won't no more 😦🤔

IMG-20190912-WA0001.thumb.jpg.a92e838ec85dadab8ece6135198493d1.jpg

• Like 2

I do like being responsible for [mention=55155]tomfocus[/mention] 5000th like!
Wait, wrong thread!

I've also realised I missed the 's': it's [mention=58818]TomsFocus[/mention]...
I've also also realised you can't edit out a tag.
My stupidity will remain here for all eternity...

Unless you ask me nicely to do an edit and sort it out for you [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Had a taxi undertake me in the bus lane at about double the speed limit this evening then swerve out to avoid a parked car before he'd got fully in front :censored:

I had to swerve to avoid him and at the same time do a full emergency stop with ABS to avoid oncoming traffic. Managed to hoot too but he just sped off into the distance weaving in and out of the bus lane undertaking and cutting up everyone else :fyou:

• Sad 3

39 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Had a taxi undertake me in the bus lane at about double the speed limit this evening then swerve out to avoid a parked car before he'd got fully in front :censored:

I had to swerve to avoid him and at the same time do a full emergency stop with ABS to avoid oncoming traffic. Managed to hoot too but he just sped off into the distance weaving in and out of the bus lane undertaking and cutting up everyone else :fyou:

I've just fitted a 4K dashcam, partly to catch c*nts like that in the act.  There's a central (police) website that you can use to upload footage of people doing this kind of thing but the downside (sadly) is only 7-8 UK forces are currently signed up for it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

We have one as a direct link-
https://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/opsnap

Cheers Stoney, it's better than nothing but relies on potential contributors to know/work out (for themselves) who the force is for the area the offence was committed and then trawl that force's website to see if they have a portal.

Hopefully the "National Dash Cam Safety Portal" will take off and eventually all the forces will sign up, then it's as easy as possible for someone to contribute good quality evidence.  With there being so few traffic cops now (compared to 10-12 years ago) it seem clear that some people think there's currently not much chance of getting caught so they just drives like "Sausage Jockeys" ALL the time. :taz:

Edited by 1979Damian
typo
  • Like 1

It would appear that the national site you mention is mainly a collation of links to the various reporting portals that forces have set up themselves.
If you click on the force areas shown it's plain to see that each site is of a different format.
It would be more user friendly if the reporting structure was standardised on the main site and once all information is entered THEN designate which geographical area the report pertains to and the portal then identifies which force the data needs to go to.
Maybe the NCA should take the helm initially then have the responsibility to deseminate the report to the relevant force.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

It would appear that the national site you mention is mainly a collation of links to the various reporting portals that forces have set up themselves.
If you click on the force areas shown it's plain to see that each site is of a different format.
It would be more user friendly if the reporting structure was standardised on the main site and once all information is entered THEN designate which geographical area the report pertains to and the portal then identifies which force the data needs to go to.
Maybe the NCA should take the helm initially then have the responsibility to deseminate the report to the relevant force.

I agree 100% that a central portal, that covers all UK forces and enforces a standardise format would be great.  Even if someone high enough up the food chain (in government) wanted to do this, they'd likely have 12 months of meeting before even putting the software spec together!

You have to laugh, the powers that be are happy to spend huge sums "updating" regular motorways to so called smart motorways (Personally I can see the logic of flexible speed limits based on traffic flow/weather conditions etc but not having a hard shoulder when you now have 4 lanes of traffic seems suicidally stupid to me.  Regular members of the public now can look forward to breaking down and getting splatted by another vehicle that decided to ignore the red cross because they either didn't know what it meant or though they could get away with ignoring it and skipping a load of rush hour traffic  (I appreciate that a "regular" hard shoulder is still dangerous but at least people generally weren't deliberately using it...apart from the odd Audi driver obviously). :whip:

More and more people are getting dashcams, especially now the prices are now a third of what they were 12-15 months ago (for a good spec one), the cost of developing and maintaining a truly central portal would be peanuts by comparison.  Hopefully someone high enough up the tree will realise this at some point (I'm not holding out much hope at the moment seeing as most MPs have recently decided to regress to the mental age of 4 years old!).

• Like 1

Tbh, I'd like to see dashcams integrated into all new vehicles as standard.
I'd maybe go so far as to propose that the release of footage would be mandatory in the case of serious road traffic incidents from all vehicles directly involved.
For that, rules on data protection and suchlike would have to be modified though so would probably be pretty tricky to implement.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Tbh, I'd like to see dashcams integrated into all new vehicles as standard.
I'd maybe go so far as to propose that the release of footage would be mandatory in the case of serious road traffic incidents from all vehicles directly involved.
For that, rules on data protection and suchlike would have to be modified though so would probably be pretty tricky to implement.

+1  To be honest, I hadn't realised that currently it wasn't mandatory for anyone DIRECTLY involved in an incident to not have to hand over any dashcam footage (if available).  That said, if this was the case, I do think that only footage related to the incident should be considered as "legal evidence" i.e. no trawling through hours of dashcam footage to also try and find any unrelated traffic offences etc.

Compared to the cost of developing some of the items starting to be fitted to the latest cars (I'm thinking about some of the collision avoidance stuff), if you can buy a Nextbase 612GW (one of the few 4K cameras) for not much more than £110 you would hope it shouldn't prove  too "difficult" for manufacturers to make one available as a factory option.

That said, if Ford were to do one (and there rear/reverse cameras are anything to go by) it would end up with an effective resolution of 320x240 (Like one of the 1st camera phones from 2002) and have the night time capability of a blindfolded 96 year old! 🤣

Totally agree that footage being checked for any other offence that may be recorded would be unethical.
I used to be a cctv liaison officer so know a reasonable amount concerning data protection etc and footage shouldn't be scanned through (generally termed as fishing trips) in order to pick up anything other than that which is relevant to the incident being investigated.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TimST2 said:

It's idiots like that which really put me off driving. Queue jumpers especially in my area really get me the ones who go in a left or right turn lane to then cut in the lane to go straight. 

@1979Damian on Facebook the local met police in the area posted up this picture of a sign they put up showing a website to submit dash cam clips of dangerous driving on that particular A road. They've done well doing patrols there where they caught someone doing 110mph on a 40 limit. One post they stopped a new S class merc and I believe the new 3 series and said was stopped as they were street racing. I honestly hope the government put more traffic cameras and fine impatient drivers with it. Will help them generate more revenue. 

I have no problem being undertaken - taxis are allowed to use the bus lane. I do object to people trying to drive into me though.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club