Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

40 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Sad news indeed. Inevitable I suppose that our heroes will, usually, die before us. Doesn't make it easier to handle though. 

Funny that I quoted words from Coward Of The County here a couple of days ago.

That's very true, in 10 years time almost all of the singers I listen to on a regular basis will probably be dead.  That's a depressing thought but then again I listen to music from singers who died 50 years ago so that's the good thing about music is it never dies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

Would my Mum be able to go in early, she's a teacher at the local secondary school?

Different stores are doing different things so worth checking but I don't think so.  The email I got from Tesco said NHS staff for the early Sunday browsing.  Elderly and vulnerable are Mon, Wed & Fri between 9-10am.  I'm not sure about other key workers.

Day two of staying home and I've started looking for bargain jigsaw puzzles online...  Anyone know any websites for super cheap ones?  Must be brand new though, not risking used atm!! :laugh:

Have seen a Ford one and a few VW ones, even 3D VW Campers...but everything's so expensive! :sad:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Day two of staying home and I've started looking for bargain jigsaw puzzles online...  Anyone know any websites for super cheap ones?  Must be brand new though, not risking used atm!! :laugh:

Have seen a Ford one and a few VW ones, even 3D VW Campers...but everything's so expensive! :sad:

I wish I was feeling curious like yourself 😂. Well today dad and sister wanted me to clean their cars 😶.

Also feeling heartbroken about the girl I like, somehow I got the confidence to tell a friend of another girl I had a crush on that I liked her. Her friend said she's taken and its a bit private about this person she likes. It's either legit or just teasing me on what I'd think. Don't think my heart can take much more beating 😑. Need to try and move away from these girls and look at my career. This self isolation doesn't help and to me it's a coincidence that on my first day at home after uni classes have been cancelled that I had to hear the depressing news. Its coincidences like this that me think God is showing me something. 

Screenshot_20200322-193429.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I wish I was feeling curious like yourself 😂. Well today dad and sister wanted me to clean their cars 😶.

Also feeling heartbroken about the girl I like, somehow I got the confidence to tell a friend of another girl I had a crush on that I liked her. Her friend said she's taken and its a bit private about this person she likes. It's either legit or just teasing me on what I'd think. Don't think my heart can take much more beating 😑. Need to try and move away from these girls and look at my career. This self isolation doesn't help and to me it's a coincidence that on my first day at home after uni classes have been cancelled that I had to hear the depressing news. Its coincidences like this that me think God is showing me something. 

Screenshot_20200322-193429.png

He is probably trying to tell you that you should focus on your career and everything else will fall into place when it is meant to without having to go looking for it.  If you were to get involved with someone right now it might hinder your career and then if it didn't work out you'd be left with nothing.  It's easy for me to say but try to take advantage of the situation as it is and don't look too far ahead.

The cars are looking good by the way, fancy coming to Scotland and doing mine!? :wink:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

He is probably trying to tell you that you should focus on your career and everything else will fall into place when it is meant to without having to go looking for it.  If you were to get involved with someone right now it might hinder your career and then if it didn't work out you'd be left with nothing.  It's easy for me to say but try to take advantage of the situation as it is and don't look too far ahead.

The cars are looking good by the way, fancy coming to Scotland and doing mine!? :wink:

Yeah I think I just felt empty inside when I heard about the girl I liked that somehow I got the courage to ask about this other girl. I'm sort of feeling better now and kind of 'free' mentally. I'm just praying to God I get into this training course. This year the interview process got cancelled because of CoronaVirus however I got put on the reserve list but you never know if god did that to help me get in. If not I'll apply for a lab role and reapply next year. Thankfully then I'll be awarded my masters and have an extra year in the 2 placements I'm doing in 2 hospitals. Being put on the reserve list made me happy as it shows I met their criteria to get in the program but not good enough to get guaranteed an interview. 

For just over the month I've been praying 5 times a day and haven't stopped since so hopefully that helps me too. 

With the self isolation going on and how far you are from me I can't even think about it 😂

I don't like going to Tesco today to drop my 82 year old mum off to take advantage of their 9-10 am opening hour for OAPs and NHS staff 

We dropped her off at 9.15, went to a couple of other shops for essential supplies and returned to pick her up about 1/2 an hour later. While waiting outside we were both quite disappointed to see a lot of young folk nipping in for snacks and cigs etc

I obviously don't know if any of them actually works for the NHS but can't imagine that they all did. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like going to Tesco today to drop my 82 year old mum off to take advantage of their 9-10 am opening hour for OAPs and NHS staff 

We dropped her off at 9.15, went to a couple of other shops for essential supplies and returned to pick her up about 1/2 an hour later. While waiting outside we were both quite disappointed to see a lot of young folk nipping in for snacks and cigs etc

I obviously don't know if any of them actually works for the NHS but can't imagine that they all did. 

I'd think those people just are still panic buying or trying to get stuff which ignorant people may have panic bought. 

17 minutes ago, Turvey said:

That's a terrible idea in itself...  The most vulnerable people AND the most likely to be infected at the same time! 🤦‍♂️

What were the stock levels like, was she able get what she needed?  I was in Tesco Metro at 8.55 on Wednesday and they did make an announcement over the tannoy to remind everyone that they'd be prioritising the elderly from 9-10.  That's about all they could do though, they can't forcibly kick the youngsters out.  There wasn't any stock anyway, I just put back the single item I'd found, dumped the basket and left.  Did feel sorry for those that had specifically gone for the elderly hour unless they were holding back stock for them.

Stock levels were quite good considering apparently .... I didn't go in though 😃

I know what you're saying about mixing OAPs and NHS staff but it's probably the best they can do under the circumstances. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Stock levels were quite good considering apparently .... I didn't go in though 😃

I know what you're saying about mixing OAPs and NHS staff but it's probably the best they can do under the circumstances. 

Ah that's good then, hopefully they're catching up with stocks a bit now! 

I'm not sure NHS workers were meant to be there between 9-10 btw, that is just meant to be elderly & vulnerable.  NHS workers is Sunday mornings.  Not ideal for those working Sunday shifts though!   

How are you dealing with visiting your Mum at the moment?  I don't really know whether to risk visiting Nan or not this week.  We don't actually get close anyway due to my own contamination issues, so I've thought about doing the garden as usual, and letting her speak through the conservatory instead of me going inside at all.  That way I get some fresh air and time in a 'safe' outdoor environment, and she gets to see someone...  

I'm not particularly fussed about seeing people, but she absolutely hates being on her own and normally finds any excuse to call people in.

Yeah, looks like you're correct in the NHS on Sunday morning. 👍

Makes it even more infuriating then that youngsters were going in as normal 😞

I went up to visit my mum yesterday (Mother's Day) but stayed outside... ***** cold it was too 😃

I have been phoning her every day but she told me today that she wasn't going to be watching the news for a while so not to tell what's happening unless it's really important.

• Like 1

Had message from chairman I work for . Looks like most sites will close tomorrow at 5pm due to the difficulties of social distancing in offices and customers. Our site is different and we all managing to keep 2m distance but we may be told to close too anyway. Shame as we very busy here but understandable. Some staff didn't come in today so to compensate I'm taking my pushbike in tomorrow to pedal off to get my vehicles instead of the drivers bringing them to me. Ok if I'm getting the vans but  will have a 10 min walk to get cars. 

• Like 1

I don't like seeing the First Minister and Chief Medical Officer's address tonight.  I mean I agree with everything they've said but my employer will still consider my work to be "essential" even though everyone would agree it IS NOT! :angry:

• Like 1

Well I certainly can't work from home and neither can Wifey.
Some work must go on. [emoji1784]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I can't work from home but looks like I won't be at work either. 

Many businesses can still operate, some are indirectly critical.

Things like car garages, you still need to maintain and fix cars, for people to get their essential food, or for people like NHS workers to travel to work.

• Like 2

Isn't there going to be a lock down coming in place? 

@iantt why not tell the customers to visit your home 😉? At least no travelling and tell them to come alone so it's sort of still is social distancing. 

• Like 1

Just seen some scabby bloke walking around picking up dog ends.
Way to go you filthy swine. [emoji2959]

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Confused 1

I don't like our son's PayPal account getting hacked for 700 quid!!! 

Spoken to bank and PayPal, hopefully getting refunded in the next couple of days 🤞

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, zain611 said:

Isn't there going to be a lock down coming in place? 

@iantt why not tell the customers to visit your home 😉? At least no travelling and tell them to come alone so it's sort of still is social distancing. 

Come alone!! That sounds a bit creepy!! 😂😂😂

• Like 2

Well there was a thining out of staff at my work yesterday afternoon. We had meeting to say we are partially shutting down and will only need skeleton staff of approximately 6 persons down from 60 ISH . Down to 12 by last night. Volunteers been asked to be the 6 left. I put my name down to stay as im local , while others just wanted to go home ( on the 80% wages I assume) 

Not sure I qualify as skeleton staff as I am 17stone!! 😂😂😂😂😂

I hate it when they are selling stuff at stupid prices on eBay/Amazon, they should not be allowed to do this and eBay/Amazon should be ashamed of themselves.

£1.50 soap 500ml for £12 area buy it now

Hand Sanitizer small 50ml for £7+ and £1 in asda,250 to 500ml are mad prices like £25+

I have been able to get a supply of my gloves and antibacterial pump soap 500ml from where i have it from for years as i need stuff for caring at home(infection control)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jace1969 said:

I hate it when they are selling stuff at stupid prices on eBay/Amazon, they should not be allowed to do this and eBay/Amazon should be ashamed of themselves.

£1.50 soap 500ml for £12 area buy it now

Hand Sanitizer small 50ml for £7+ and £1 in asda,250 to 500ml are mad prices like £25+

I have been able to get a supply of my gloves and antibacterial pump soap 500ml from where i have it from for years as i need stuff for caring at home(infection control)

You need to report these, amazon and eBay are trying to take them down.

• Like 2

Day 1 of Lockdown, and some c*** has scraped my car.
Pretty sure it's the van that's still there but I can't prove it, gonna have words if i see who gets in it 😡
It's a terraced street so cars come and go all the time, but that van was there last night and only 1 car was there before it.

20200325_094032.jpg

20200325_094045.jpg

• Sad 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club