Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, dtulip8 said:

I’ve had a bad toothache for a few days now, think I’ll be needing a root canal when dentists reopen, I only have half a tooth there and it often plays up 😢

I had similar issue before Christmas mate, although mind was a case of a filling leak which led to the tooth rotting underneath the filling on my back lower left tooth; it later broke flush with my gum and i left it over a year before going to the Dentist which caused alot of pain across the months and led to sepsis,

Thankfully it's all behind me now; theres extra strength Nurofen available from the chemist which have a green stripe on them; take one every six hours although i ended up taking three within 30 minutes to soften the pain of mine at the time. Purple listerine also helps the pain 

Aren't Dentist accepting emergencies by phone in appointment ?  

2 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

I’ve had a bad toothache for a few days now, think I’ll be needing a root canal when dentists reopen, I only have half a tooth there and it often plays up 😢

I had that but opted just to have the tooth removed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zico said:

The few times I've been walking / out in high winds, it's been both fun and risky at the same time. As long as you're walking in the same direction as the wind then you're floating along :biggrin:

Yes fine if the wind is behind you but if you are walking into it then breathing ain't easy, especially since my lungs aren't the best anyway (thanks Marlboro!) :laugh:

• Like 1

I don't like going to put on an Anne Murray LP to find a 1 inch scratch in it, probably by my thumb nail last time I took it off the turntable :no:

Too deep to even consider playing it without damaging the stylus, so I'll have to find another copy!  Never mind, put on America instead :thumbup1:

You can go to the dentist if it's an emergency.  

They don't class it an emergency if you can control the pain yourself though. :unsure:

Teeth are one of my main daily anxiety triggers as I'm sure I've mentioned before lol.  But it's even worse since lockdown knowing the Dentist's aren't open unless an emergency.

One of mine shifted while eating a flake ice cream the other day...literally the two softest foods lol!  After the initial panic, I think it's ok but still feels out of place. Can't even face looking at it in the mirror, looks too much like body in there, mouths disgust me, even my own! :laugh:

I'm surprised you've broken a tooth at your age though!!  Has it been crushed by a wisdom tooth coming through?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Teeth are one of my main daily anxiety triggers as I'm sure I've mentioned before lol.  But it's even worse since lockdown knowing the Dentist's aren't open unless an emergency.

Lol I'm with you there. I have a few dental issues which date back to a crooked dentist in my teens who (I later discovered) did unnecessary work and claimed it on the NHS. My current (private) dentist has got together with other practices in the area to offer an emergency service which covers a bit more than the NHS coronavirus emergency set up, so I feel a bit more reassured I can get sorted if I have a disaster!😀

• Like 1

I’m not really sure how it broke, it’s been like that for 2 or 3 years, it does have a filling in it. I am tempted to have it removed but would ideally like to have all my natural teeth still at my age 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

I’m not really sure how it broke, it’s been like that for 2 or 3 years, it does have a filling in it. I am tempted to have it removed but would ideally like to have all my natural teeth still at my age 😂

I'm not sure how old you are but I had mine removed when I was 23 so I wouldn't be too worried :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

You can go to the dentist if it's an emergency.  

They don't class it an emergency if you can control the pain yourself though. :unsure:

One of mine shifted while eating a flake ice cream the other day...literally the two softest foods lol!  After the initial panic, I think it's ok but still feels out of place. Can't even face looking at it in the mirror, looks too much like body in there, mouths disgust me, even my own! :laugh:

I'm surprised you've broken a tooth at your age though!!  Has it been crushed by a wisdom tooth coming through?

You definitely wouldn't want to see my mouth then!  None of my teeth are straight (was offered braces as a teenager but declined) and I've already had one rot and require removal/root canal (opted for the former).

I do brush my teeth twice a day but I guess even that isn't enough, mind you a couple of people at work look as if they haven't brushed theirs in years...  How they don't have excruciating toothache I will never know!

49 minutes ago, dtulip8 said:

Ah, probably weak already if it had been filled then.  I still don't have any fillings yet... :unsure: That's not to say I don't need any though!  

Probably best if you can keep it tbf!! :laugh:

40 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

You definitely wouldn't want to see my mouth then!  None of my teeth are straight (was offered braces as a teenager but declined) and I've already had one rot and require removal/root canal (opted for the former).

I do brush my teeth twice a day but I guess even that isn't enough, mind you a couple of people at work look as if they haven't brushed theirs in years...  How they don't have excruciating toothache I will never know!

Anxiety is meant to have a negative impact on teeth...as with every other area of the body! :rolleyes: Plus I'm sure you know smoking is probably the worst thing for teeth lol. :tongue:

I always wonder how people on TV in remote tribes don't just have constant toothache...or maybe they just put up with it?  Their teeth always look horrific!!

😮

21 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah, probably weak already if it had been filled then.  I still don't have any fillings yet... :unsure: That's not to say I don't need any though!  

Probably best if you can keep it tbf!! :laugh:

Anxiety is meant to have a negative impact on teeth...as with every other area of the body! :rolleyes: Plus I'm sure you know smoking is probably the worst thing for teeth lol. :tongue:

I always wonder how people on TV in remote tribes don't just have constant toothache...or maybe they just put up with it?  Their teeth always look horrific!!

😮

True, my dentist does always ask "are you still smoking?" and my response is always "yes and I'm not quitting" :laugh::smoke:

• Haha 1

warning to all: avoid using Aldi at the moment if you can.

I've just got back from a truly awful shopping trip there.
Having queued up, patiently and socially distancing, as I neared the entrance a shop worker clipped a carabena onto the belt loop of my jeans, my perplexed expression must have said it all as she explained that whilst people are distancing in the queue outside, they aren't distancing once inside the store.

So what some Donut has dreamt up is to rope 6 or so customers together with 2m of rope between each of us!

Well these are strange times and with the threat of a second wave of infection I thought I'd best not complain and just tow the line (so to speak).
I'm telling you now, what an absolute idiotic idea this is. We've negotiated our way in to the store, some with trolleys and others trying to grab a basket before the berserk conga line drags them away.

I was near the middle of the rope picking up some veg, the woman at the front, who was trussed up like a kid in a harness was trying to drag the whole line to the apples and the bloke at the back trying to pull the other way to get his hands on last weeks courgettes which were now this weeks courgette offer.

It was like tug-of-war for the deranged.

It's embarrassing to say, but I lost it, started ranting and raving about the rope and how on earth are people meant to shop like this, I went to unclip the carabena which miraculously brought the attention of the staff who told me I'd be asked to leave the shop if I uncliped. " we're not rock climbing, we're trying to buy cheese" are words which I'll carry with me to my grave.

Strangely this outburst had the effect of bringing our train together as a team.
We carried on now with lots of communication, people passing stuff along the line to other to fill their baskets. Now I know passing things to one another could spread the infection as much as person to person contact but I honestly think if we hadn't have done, I'd still be there now.

As we started along the aisle I generally refer to as "biscuits and creosote", it was clear from the melee that all was not well in the adjacent aisle. As far as I could tell there had been 2 trains of people and a lady in the middle of one chain had ducked under the other to get her hands on a pop-art cat bed.
The tangle had resulted in a multi-pedestrian pile up in which the epicentre resembled the deity Durga, it wasn't clear how long they'd been there but one old chap was trying to free himself by feverishly sawing at the rope with his house keys.

We navigated the remaining aisles without major trauma, other than having to rescue Doreen (2nd in line) after she fell in the chest freezer trying to reach the last beef Wellington.
We were individually unclipped prior to the till, at which point any camaraderie we'd had quickly evaporated as everyone scrambled for the first available till.

With the ordeal still impeding rational thought, it was a welcome and familiar sight to have the check out throw all my shopping on the floor in the normal 1000mph fashion. I really did not appreciate being strung along like that, but I hope you did.

I don't think I'll be going back there in a hurry! whatchutalkingabout_smile.gifwhatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, iantt said:

Having queued up, patiently and socially distancing, as I neared the entrance a shop worker clipped a carabena onto the belt loop of my jeans, my perplexed expression must have said it all as she explained that whilst people are distancing in the queue outside, they aren't distancing once inside the store.

So what some Donut has dreamt up is to rope 6 or so customers together with 2m of rope between each of us!

Well these are strange times and with the threat of a second wave of infection I thought I'd best not complain and just tow the line (so to speak).
I'm telling you now, what an absolute idiotic idea this is. We've negotiated our way in to the store, some with trolleys and others trying to grab a basket before the berserk conga line drags them away.

I was near the middle of the rope picking up some veg, the woman at the front, who was trussed up like a kid in a harness was trying to drag the whole line to the apples and the bloke at the back trying to pull the other way to get his hands on last weeks courgettes which were now this weeks courgette offer.

It's embarrassing to say, but I lost it, started ranting and raving about the rope and how on earth are people meant to shop like this, I went to unclip the carabena which miraculously brought the attention of the staff who told me I'd be asked to leave the shop if I uncliped. " we're not rock climbing, we're trying to buy cheese" are words which I'll carry with me to my grave.

Strangely this outburst had the effect of bringing our train together as a team.
We carried on now with lots of communication, people passing stuff along the line to other to fill their baskets. Now I know passing things to one another could spread the infection as much as person to person contact but I honestly think if we hadn't have done, I'd still be there now.

As we started along the aisle I generally refer to as "biscuits and creosote", it was clear from the melee that all was not well in the adjacent aisle. As far as I could tell there had been 2 trains of people and a lady in the middle of one chain had ducked under the other to get her hands on a pop-art cat bed.
The tangle had resulted in a multi-pedestrian pile up in which the epicentre resembled the deity Durga, it wasn't clear how long they'd been there but one old chap was trying to free himself by feverishly sawing at the rope with his house keys.

We navigated the remaining aisles without major trauma, other than having to rescue Doreen (2nd in line) after she fell in the chest freezer trying to reach the last beef Wellington.
We were individually unclipped prior to the till, at which point any camaraderie we'd had quickly evaporated as everyone scrambled for the first available till.

With the ordeal still impeding rational thought, it was a welcome and familiar sight to have the check out throw all my shopping on the floor in the normal 1000mph fashion. I really did not appreciate being strung along like that, but I hope you did.

I don't think I'll be going back there in a hurry! whatchutalkingabout_smile.gifwhatchutalkingabout_smile.gif

That sounds utterly moronic!

Ha ha, I couldn't resist putting this in the things I don't like thread . Should have gone into the coronavirus light hearted thread really. I fell for it when I initially read it on another forum . 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

How F-ing rediculous.
Hard to believe it's true tbh.
Easiest thing is go elsewhere, once their profits nose-dive they may reconsider that totally stupid and impractical idea.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't like hearing a spring snap on my manual recliner chair this morning!  :sad:   Not entirely sure what it's function was as the mechanism still seems to work, but needs some intervention now where the footrest used to 'shoot' up on it's own before...  

In fairness it must be at least 17 years old, was already third hand time I got it.  Just feels like everything is breaking at the moment, some things that are part of the flat and owned by the landlord, but others that are owned by myself like this.  Just wish I could find a more suitable place to move to as I now have the funds for it, just can't find anything currently!  I've even got some new items stored that I'd been gathering before lockdown ready for the new place!

On 5/24/2020 at 9:48 AM, TomsFocus said:

I don't like that my toilet has started screaming for a few minutes after being flushed..

Most likely to be the rubber diaphragm washer in the ball valve. The rubber gets old & inflexible (like me on a not so good day!), and instead of pulling away from the nozzle as the float drops, it sits close to the nozzle where it can resonate with the water flow, usually as the valve starts to close. Costs a few pennies to fix, plus the pain of getting at it, cleaning the limescale off and undoing it.

My cold tank had a phase of this a couple of years ago.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Tdci-Peter said:

Most likely to be the rubber diaphragm washer in the ball valve. The rubber gets old & inflexible (like me on a not so good day!), and instead of pulling away from the nozzle as the float drops, it sits close to the nozzle where it can resonate with the water flow, usually as the valve starts to close. Costs a few pennies to fix, plus the pain of getting at it, cleaning the limescale off and undoing it.

My cold tank had a phase of this a couple of years ago.

Thanks Peter, it's good to know the fix though I'm afraid the whole thing will end up in a skip in a few months time anyway.  Maybe it knows!

It's had a reprieve due to covid-19, I should've moved already and the flat would've be refurbished by now.  I dare say the modern push button cisterns are as reliable as these old ones though.  It's certainly seen some use in the last 5 years.  I'm also slightly worried about the small pan on the new style toilets, not sure who that's designed for!! 

18 hours ago, iantt said:

Are you actually being serious!?  That sounds like something out of a comedy show!! :ohmy:

@iantt that whooshed over a few heads...

• Haha 3

On 5/24/2020 at 7:17 PM, jmurray01 said:

I'm not sure how old you are but I had mine removed when I was 23 so I wouldn't be too worried :laugh:

Perhaps I’m just being vain then 😜 

3 hours ago, dtulip8 said:

Perhaps I’m just being vain then 😜 

Mine was a molar though, so doesn't show unless somebody stares into my mouth :laugh:

• Haha 1

I don't like it being my 5th anniversary of my current job...  5 years ago today I started training for what was meant to be a "stop gap" job and the gap turned out to be 5 years wide :laugh:

24 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like it being my 5th anniversary of my current job...  5 years ago today I started training for what was meant to be a "stop gap" job and the gap turned out to be 5 years wide :laugh:

Ah, hate it when that happens! 😂

(Me too :ninja: )

I don't like that despite spending 99% of time indoors due to lockdown, I'm still getting Hayfever! 🤦‍♂️

All the wiping triggered a nose bleed this morning...coincidentally, a similar situation happened in another area as well... :rolleyes: :sad: 

• Confused 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club