Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like the fact today "should" have been pay day but as a result of getting paid last Friday (early) I will have to wait 4 weeks for my next pay cheque.

The positive is that it gives me time to work out my money and maybe set aside some for driving lessons and/or a vehicle.

• Like 2

I don't like being wide awake, when only an hour ago I was completely knackered and went to bed.

Only to find, after 20 minutes or so, beneath the duvet, all essence of tiredness vanished :(

I can't be doing with just lying in bed, if I'm not actually sleeping

• Like 1

I don't like being wide awake, when only an hour ago I was completely knackered and went to bed.

Only to find, after 20 minutes or so, beneath the duvet, all essence of tiredness vanished :(

I can't be doing with just lying in bed, if I'm not actually sleeping

Welcome to my world (insomnia). I've learned to live with it. The laptop is good as I can busy myself on that whilst lying in bed until I can eventually fall asleep.

• Like 2

I'm still wide awake, no hint of tiredness has returned :(

On the other hand, being so alert has given me the chance to catch up on some paperwork, groom both cats and put a load through the washing machine :) Even though, I can't hang it outside to dry, one because it's dark, and two, we've got a gale with rain, passing by at the moment :huh:

Totally lashing it...dark and very very wet, although the dog is awarded kudos for not being coward....unlike its owner.

Walk postponed till later....

• Like 1

I don't like checking my email on boxing day morning to have dozens of emails about boxing days sales most of which aren't even actual sales.

Especially after having deleted the emails from the same companies as soon as trading hours were over on Christmas Eve.

• Like 1

Although in terms of strength, it's not a 10+ beaufort scale wind: it's just a gale.

However, at some time in the night, one of my wooden fence posts yielded and has snapped! :o Oddly, it's not facing into the prevailing wind.

Dog walked...on an empty beach.. One way or t'other no other pooches in sight....fair weather walkers...:):). although I did dodge the rain and its mild as hell....

post-49976-14511401386_thumb.jpg

post-49976-145114016029_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Dog walked...on an empty beach.. One way or t'other no other pooches in sight....fair weather walkers... :):). although I did dodge the rain and its mild as hell...

We noticed that, we didn't encountered a single other dog on our walk - there must be a lot of frustrated dogs stuck inside with their fair weather walkers.

• Like 1

Although in terms of strength, it's not a 10+ beaufort scale wind: it's just a gale.

However, at some time in the night, one of my wooden fence posts yielded and has snapped! :o Oddly, it's not facing into the prevailing wind.

I suddenly have an urge to play my Billy Joel LP...

I don't like buying a 48 pack of Rennie antacids 2 days ago and already having used half of the contents.

God, I hate acid reflux/heartburn.

I also don't like the fact that I had to buy Rennies (for over £3!) because the Setlers I normally buy (£1 for a 36-pack) could not be sourced in the shops open on Christmas Eve.

It's a hard life being an antacid junkie...

I suddenly have an urge to play my Billy Joel LP...

Did Billy Joel write a song about a fence post snapping overnight then?

I don't like buying a 48 pack of Rennie antacids 2 days ago and already having used half of the contents.

God, I hate acid reflux/heartburn.

I also don't like the fact that I had to buy Rennies (for over £3!) because the Setlers I normally buy (£1 for a 36-pack) could not be sourced in the shops open on Christmas Eve.

It's a hard life being an antacid junkie...

Have you tried that Nexium that's being widely advertised at the moment? Seems to feature in every ad break on CBS Action and Dave, currently

Did Billy Joel write a song about a fence post snapping overnight then?

No, I'm thinking of this song:

Have you tried that Nexium that's being widely advertised at the moment? Seems to feature in every ad break on CBS Action and Dave, currently

I haven't, although I'm watching CBS at the moment (Judge Judy - my "guilty pleasure"!) so will look out for it on the next ad-break.

I hate drinking on a Friday now today feels like a Sunday instead of a sat :(!!

I hate that chocolate makes you fat.

New years resolution ''I will cut down and loose weight''........i wish.

The person who buy you some of the chocolates says ''you have put on some weight'' over Xmas.

:) :)

The person who buy you some of the chocolates says ''you have put on some weight'' over Xmas.

Haha, I just weighed myself yesterday, 16 stone 7lbs!

The configuration of Xmas on a Friday, does, however, give you the effect of three Saturdays and then one Sunday, as the Monday is also a holiday :P

It's cheese that does it for me rather than chocolate.

I ate an entire cheddar yesterday, not in one go mind you, over the course of about six hours :lol:

Haha, I just weighed myself yesterday, 16 stone 7lbs!

LOL You are in stones and pounds what Brandy was at the vets in kilos :lol:

Only one way to fix that - drink today as well! ;)

• Like 1

Cheese and chocolate doesn't make you fat! You just need to do more exercise to burn off those extra calories. ;)

Interestingly, I eat a lot of rubbish, 6ft tall yet only weigh 9 stone...

I don't like not knowing what day it is this time of year! Such an odd 'intermission' between xmas and new year. :s

Cheese and chocolate doesn't make you fat! You just need to do more exercise to burn off those extra calories. ;)

Interestingly, I eat a lot of rubbish, 6ft tall yet only weigh 9 stone...

I don't like not knowing what day it is this time of year! Such an odd 'intermission' between xmas and new year. :s

9 stone? I weigh 10 stone and am only 5'5 (roughly). Yet, I have a very skinny appearance.

I'm about 5' 9" and used to weigh over 16 stone.

Managed to shed 5 stone a couple of years ago and felt so much better for it. Before lead up to Christmas I was about half a stone heavier than I want to be and by time I go back to work I wouldn't be surprised if that was a stone over my target weight.

I have the sort of metabolism that means I put on weight just from looking at something fattening, lol.

I love chocolate and Christmas is my time off from watching my weight. I'll just have to get back on the ball after Christmas.

Chocolate isn't my main problem though. If its not in the house I don't crave it and go and buy some, so other than Christmas and birthdays I generally avoid it. The problem is portion control and my appetite (or should it be ability?) to put away way more food than I should.

My dad is the opposite. He is knick named chicken legs at work because he is about the same height as me, only weighs 9 stone and never seems to put on weight no matter how hard we try.

TL;DR

I don't like people who can eat as much as they like without putting on weight while I seem to inflate like a balloon just looking at something bad for me...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club