Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I like to put only £20 worth a f fuel in 😂. Lasts a while for me 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

I like to put only £20 worth a f fuel in 😂. Lasts a while for me 

Lol, I hate filling up so always brim it to reduce the amount of times I have to go there!

I don't really understand where my fuel goes though.  I feel like I rarely use the car (only 3 days a week in general) yet still get through a tankful in 4-6 weeks...works out about 100 miles a week. :unsure:  The round trip to Nan's is about 32 miles, and when I get her certain shopping (not available at my local shops) that adds another ~20 mile round trip.  But where the other ~50 miles goes I honestly don't know! :shock: 

• Like 1

On 2/21/2020 at 5:54 PM, Stoney871 said:

Remember photos or it didn't happen

20200225_100001.jpg

20200225_094524.jpg

20200225_102025.jpg

20200225_102535.jpg

• Like 7

Very nice indeed.
I like the extra effort they went to.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes, very nice touches. Probably don't get that at the likes of Arnold Shark!😀

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Yes, very nice touches. Probably don't get that at the likes of Arnold Shark!😀

Be lucky to get a plastic wallet and a bottle of Lambrini there... :tongue:

I've never understood the gift of alcohol with a car purchase though...they don't mix...a premium fuel voucher would be far more useful! :biggrin: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

I've never understood the gift of alcohol with a car purchase though...they don't mix...a premium fuel voucher would be far more useful! :biggrin: 

I don't think you're meant to drink it on the way home!😀 Dunno about a fuel voucher instead though. I read the other day that Prince Charles had turned up to visit flood victims in his Aston Martin which runs on wine. How does that work? Are we all on the wrong track thinking 98 octane versus 95 will give us an extra 0.5 bhp when what we really need is a tank of nice Rioja?😀 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

I don't think you're meant to drink it on the way home!😀 Dunno about a fuel voucher instead though. I read the other day that Prince Charles had turned up to visit flood victims in his Aston Martin which runs on wine. How does that work? Are we all on the wrong track thinking 98 octane versus 95 will give us an extra 0.5 bhp when what we really need is a tank of nice Rioja?😀 

Ah, so you're meant to drink it before the first track session then?  Just calm the nerves a bit... :laugh:  

Made me laugh when I got the Golf and saw a VW branded bottle opener comes as standard in the centre console drinks holder...along with a cooled glovebox and cruise control makes it ideal for a beer or two on the road! :lol:   

Seriously though, I know loads of people that don't drink!  Even without the potential for drink driving it seems an odd choice of gift.  Unless you were given the option to pick from a selection of gifts of course... 

I hadn't heard of Charles' wine powered Aston - how do you find these things!? :lol:  That's definitely interesting though, I'll have to look into it! :biggrin: 

On the subject of track driving...did any of you see car SOS last night?  They were doing a car for a visually impaired person which I thought seemed a bit pointless...  Until they went to a specific track session for visually impaired people!  I didn't even know such a thing existed! :smile: 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

Ah, so you're meant to drink it before the first track session then?  Just calm the nerves a bit... :laugh:  

Made me laugh when I got the Golf and saw a VW branded bottle opener comes as standard in the centre console drinks holder...along with a cooled glovebox and cruise control makes it ideal for a beer or two on the road! :lol:   

Seriously though, I know loads of people that don't drink!  Even without the potential for drink driving it seems an odd choice of gift.  Unless you were given the option to pick from a selection of gifts of course... 

I hadn't heard of Charles' wine powered Aston - how do you find these things!? :lol:  That's definitely interesting though, I'll have to look into it! :biggrin: 

On the subject of track driving...did any of you see car SOS last night?  They were doing a car for a visually impaired person which I thought seemed a bit pointless...  Until they went to a specific track session for visually impaired people!  I didn't even know such a thing existed! :smile: 

I believe I saw one of the older episodes where they were restoring a mini. They called someone to trailer it but wanted to pay them after they deliver which they weren't having it then decided to push the car off the trailer, rolling it over. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

...along with a cooled glovebox and cruise control...

What is this glovebox you speak of? 😉

• Haha 1

I think bmw are sticking with the big nostrils look on the new 4 series. At least I can make fun out of the driver if they drive like a knob on these😂. Those grills look big enough for me to go through 

Screenshot_20200225-141917.pngspan widget

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

I think bmw are sticking with the big nostrils look on the new 4 series. At least I can make fun out of the driver if they drive like a knob on these😂. Those grills look big enough for me to go through 

Screenshot_20200225-141917.pngspan widget

Good lord that is horrendous! The last truly good looking car BMW made was the E60 in my opinion.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

It was in the papers in the last week because of the flooding, but there have been a few mentions in the press in recent years. I don't think it does actually run on wine out of the bottle, but iirc it's ethanol produced from surplus distilled grapes from an English vineyard. Makes for a good story though

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

It was in the papers in the last week because of the flooding, but there have been a few mentions in the press in recent years. I don't think it does actually run on wine out of the bottle, but iirc it's ethanol produced from surplus distilled grapes from an English vineyard. Makes for a good story though

Reading that reminds me of this video near the end how they looked at David Cameron going to the North when it got flooded 😂

• Haha 1

Still a bit damp round here. My Mrs has just set off for an evening with friends to see some "Strictly Come Dancing" show in York. Just as she was leaving we got a call from the restaurant where they'd booked a meal first, which is now underwater, so closed! As the theatre is next door, they may not see the show either.........😞

• Like 1

Just been to collect my new car! There’s no feeling like the new car feeling. 

Now the proud owner of a Focus ST estate in stealth grey. The engine is just amazing, and my first ever petrol car! Hopefully it will fill the gap that is there from never getting to ride my motorbikes any more. 

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

Just been to collect my new car! There’s no feeling like the new car feeling. 

Now the proud owner of a Focus ST estate in stealth grey. The engine is just amazing, and my first ever petrol car! Hopefully it will fill the gap that is there from never getting to ride my motorbikes any more. 

Congratulations - it's been the day for it! The ST is a great car.

The engine in my Caterham is a Ford too. It's a normally aspirated 1.6 but with race cams and a lightweight flywheel. Will rev to 7,500 rpm after it's been run in! Until then I'll just have to enjoy the sound below 4,000 rpm...

• Like 4

Saw the new Kuga up close today and I think it's an improvement on the old Kuga. The lad who brought it in said it went well on electric only.  Then just as I got home tonight , I saw one on the road . 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, iantt said:

Saw the new Kuga up close today and I think it's an improvement on the old Kuga. The lad who brought it in said it went well on electric only.  Then just as I got home tonight , I saw one on the road . 

Your talking about a car not a woman are you 🙃

• Haha 3

I do like attending Blue Belt training course for work 

Its a very interesting course and I've been putting alot of time in to a project which is why I haven't been online much recently; I've spent 47 hours on the computer working on the project and just completed my second day out of three days training. 

• Like 1

@Tom @TomsFocus your not setting something up are you 🤣

Screenshot_20200226-182222.png

Lol, that's a bold choice of T shirt!  I feel flamboyant in anything other than black or navy! :laugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Lol, that's a bold choice of T shirt!  I feel flamboyant in anything other than black or navy! :laugh:

Same as me 😂

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club