Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I worked it out earlier that Bunty lived far longer than any of my other previous cats.  Everyone else, apart from Benji (hit by an Audi on the main road) went between 12 and 15 years

There on and off heavy rain is hampering my grave digging, I've only got 600mm (out of an intended 1500mm) down so far, it keeps filling with rain:sad:  The down side of a clay subsoil:mellow:

Bunty will be buried between the Hibiscus, Sarcococca and the pink camellia, which was her favourite spring snoozing place. she joins Peggoty, Sascha, Tigger the 2nd and Benji, all of whom are interned in their favourite 

13 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Do you have another cat?  If so, how are they taking it?  Cats are known to be close to their companions and can become very depressed whe one dies.

I've got Molly, who seems to be wandering round not settling on her usual cushions, mioawing from room to room

Brandy too seems to be mourning, she also shared the back seat with Bunty (in her carrier) on the way to the vet.  She noticed the carrier was put in the boot on the way back, and she watched me transfer the carrier to the garage, and not bring it back into the house .  Brandy of course has known Bunty for far longer than Molly did, 

• Like 3

Sorry to hear about Bunty, GMX.

On a seperate note.  Caravans and people who don't do the NSL, how come when I'm tootling along in my tractor within 1 corner I've gone from 0 cars behind me to about half of Shropshire and that's at 55k.  Yet I was stuck behind a caravan on the way home tonight and last night I was stuck behind some complete idiot who was doing 45mph(so was tonights caravan) and I can be sat behind them for ageeeeesssss and they only ever have about 4 cars behind them.  Can somebody please explain to me, why other drivers don't do the NSL, in fairness I can sit at 55mph but 50 or less and it makes my blood boil.  My view of it is, driving at that speed is causing other drivers to make silly mistakes, I've seen it & being a tractor driver I've experienced it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

Sorry to hear about Bunty, GMX.

On a seperate note.  Caravans and people who don't do the NSL, how come when I'm tootling along in my tractor within 1 corner I've gone from 0 cars behind me to about half of Shropshire and that's at 55k.  Yet I was stuck behind a caravan on the way home tonight and last night I was stuck behind some complete idiot who was doing 45mph(so was tonights caravan) and I can be sat behind them for ageeeeesssss and they only ever have about 4 cars behind them.  Can somebody please explain to me, why other drivers don't do the NSL, in fairness I can sit at 55mph but 50 or less and it makes my blood boil.  My view of it is, driving at that speed is causing other drivers to make silly mistakes, I've seen it & being a tractor driver I've experienced it.

Couldn't agree more Matt!  I've just been out to Tesco for a few things and on the NSL stretch there (a perfectly straight piece of practically deserted road) I firstly had a VW Passat doing 35-40MPH wavering between the verge and centre lines, then a Corsa doing 45-50MPH, although he did slightly better than the VW driver by going in a straight line!!

It didn't help that whilst behind the VW I had a Focus estate (ST I think, for all you fans!) right up my backside.  As much as I hate to say it, I have had more Focuses clinging onto my rear bumper in the past few weeks than any other make or model of car, and they are all new ones. 

Maybe the Vauxhall drivers of Moray have decided to switch from Astras to Focuses?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Couldn't agree more Matt!  I've just been out to Tesco for a few things and on the NSL stretch there (a perfectly straight piece of practically deserted road) I firstly had a VW Passat doing 35-40MPH wavering between the verge and centre lines, then a Corsa doing 45-50MPH, although he did slightly better than the VW driver by going in a straight line!!

It didn't help that whilst behind the VW I had a Focus estate (ST I think, for all you fans!) right up my backside.  As much as I hate to say it, I have had more Focuses clinging onto my rear bumper in the past few weeks than any other make or model of car, and they are all new ones. 

Maybe the Vauxhall drivers of Moray have decided to switch from Astras to Focuses?

Idiot drivers I've experienced all seem to be Jap, mainly Mazda 2's and Toyota Aygo's.  Audi & BMW drivers aren't around long enough to make a conclusion on their driving abilities lol.  There is a 3.2 mile of road by me(A53 if you want to google it), I can max my car out along that road and have done many times & it is an absolute peach of a road to cruise nicely down yet some people seem to think you can go 50 on it & by christ does that road drag at that speed.  I hate driving it in a tractor lol, it is 3 long sweeping corners in a S sort of style

WAMT is being nearly Tboned on a roundabout by a old woman not paying attention. Give up your licence dear

Standing on the edge of the pavement, whilst Brandy sniffed a hedge bottom, next to a huge puddle in the road, just as a grey Range Rover went through it with some haste:ohmy::sad:

Brandy and the hedge were missed by millimetres: I however got the entire puddle thrown at me:sad:

• Like 4

I don't like coming home in a foul mood, as usual.  Can't seem to remember a single day I've been genuinely happy for more than a few minutes lately. 

I also don't like the Quasar's handbrake becoming almost completely useless...  No point in trying to tighten it (as if I'd have the confidence to tackle that anyway...) as when it was in for the MOT the mechanic advised it needed new cables as they were frayed and stretched.  He tightened it as much as he could (with the existing cables) to get it to just pass the brake efficiency test, but it is now completely gone. 

Fortunately I don't really need it because I always leave my cars in gear and can do hill-starts easily without the handbrake, but it is annoying nonetheless. 

I don't like the lids of the new large Tesco PET deli counter containers, contrary to the claims of Tesco, won't pop open like the old PS ones.  My large container of stuffed vine leaves and another of pickled peppers, have done just that!:angry:

One of jute my bags for life has an oily pickled bottom:sad:

As I unpacked that particular bag, I noticed a pool of olive oil and pickle marinade at the bottom and my deli containers devoid of liquid.  Fortunately all the other shopping in there was in sealed packets, although oily and quite slippery packets now. :sad:

The new deli containers were supposed to prevent this happening, the old containers were notorious for lids popping off or the containers themselves splitting

• Like 1

The trick is to swag some bags from the fruit & veg aisles and wrap the tubs up.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

The trick is to swag some bags from the fruit & veg aisles and wrap the tubs up.

Sent from my SM-G930F

More to the point Clive, who the heck buys stuffed vine leaves :lol::lol: 

• Like 1

Apparently nobody because GMX gets them for pennies. 😀

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 2

I don't like nearly being taken out by a red Corsa taking a right-hand bend in the middle of the road, just as I came round it!  You should NEVER go over the centre lines unless you can see that there are no oncoming vehicles, and if you cannot then you SLOW DOWN and take the corner on YOUR SIDE OF THE ROAD.

But I guess that was too much to ask of a Vauxhall driver.

Although less dangerous, I also dislike being stuck behind a Fiat Panda doing 30MPH in an NSL for 3 miles before I could get to a clear and straight piece of road to overtake.  Honestly, if you don't feel safe doing more than half the speed limit then you should give up driving!! 

• Like 1

I don't like finding late blight has jumped from the potatoes, across the garden to several of the tomato plants, in the last 24 hours:sad: 

17 hours ago, stef123 said:

More to the point Clive, who the heck buys stuffed vine leaves :lol::lol: 

The Greek, Cypriot, Turkish and Lebanese community, I would've thought.  But there can't many of them around my local Tesco, as there's always have a couple of reduced bowls!:laugh:

17 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Apparently nobody because GMX gets them for pennies. 😀

Sent from my SM-G930F

Clive is quite correct, here:smile:

Amongst other deli items, that no-one seems to purchases and get marked down are white anchovies.  Which appear to be anchovies that haven't been cured to make a delightful brown fishy topping for pizza, pastas, bakes and ingredient for sauces.

A few years ago, after buying 4 large containers of reduced white anchovies, I realised why no-one else did.:ohmy: 

They don't really taste of anything, a slight hint of fish but that's it; (fish for people who loathe fish, perhaps:lol1:)  they also have the texture in your mouth of wet loo roll.:ohmy:  

Both Brandy and the cats, both of whom are fond of fish, declined a solitary white anchovy placed in each of their bowls, having sniffed/licked one. I ended up feeding the local foxes, hedgehogs, owls and the odd magpie, with them.

• Like 1

When this happens! Luckily.. It hasn't unscrewed so has only snapped off the hollow part. Looks like the brake fluid won't be getting replaced anytime soon on my brothers Focus lol. image.jpeg

I don't like my blueberry muffins being green and furry one day after the Best Before date. :sad: 

I don't like how humid: not less, it's got since the thunderstorm passed over the morning.  It's normally the other way round:sad:

Of course, wet leaves and high humidity are excellent for the blight spores to spread across all my tomatoes:sad:

18 hours ago, stef123 said:

When this happens! Luckily.. It hasn't unscrewed so has only snapped off the hollow part. Looks like the brake fluid won't be getting replaced anytime soon on my brothers Focus lol. image.jpeg

When I've accidentally torn off a nipple, it's occurred when nipping them up: not unscrewing them. 

I also broke a screw remover trying to get the remaining stub back out. In the end i replaced the caliper,

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like my blueberry muffins being green and furry one day after the Best Before date. :sad: 

You got high humidity in Sufflok too.:unsure:

• Like 2

I love driving my car, so I absolutely hate it when anyone ruins that for me cause it puts me in a foul mood for probably the rest of the trip and then others suffer for it :)

Had a woman go round a 3 exit roundabout in the outside lane the other day and she still nearly wiped me out. Left hand lane to go left, nope, came past me so I was in right hand lane to go forward (slightly right) onto dual carriage way, she took the most outer lane and ended up cutting right across me and turning off back where she should have turned off in the first place for the lane she was in! Talk about confusing. Have the whole thing on dashcam.

I also hate my own stupid mistakes cause I can almost feel other drivers saying/thinking exactly the same things I say to other people doing stupid stuff.. But I feel like mine are genuine tired/honest mistakes given that I travel to work through Bradford and into Leeds every morning between 6:00am and 7:00am. That's normally when all the doilems are out. then we have the second doilem crew of the day at between 4:00pm and 5:00pm. I might make a post on honest mistakes xD see how many people have the courage to confess :P

:unsure: Yep, lots of heat and humidity here in Suffolk today Ghana, I didn't even think about that being the cause lol!!

I don't like the people that won't move over when the overtaking lane is free and the slip road is busy, just one single car in the left lane passing the slip at 50 when there's a queue trying to join behind an artic at 40.  I know it's up to us on the slip to filter in but it wouldn't hurt to show some consideration.  It got to the point I was gonna have to brake hard as he came up next to me (watching in my mirror) I gave a light toot on the horn...he didn't notice, I started moving over (slip road running out!) and he moved right slightly then accelerated left to cut me off...honestly I don't understand people sometimes.  Obviously I had to brake as did the rest of the queue behind me and join behind him.  When I got along side him I looked over to give him a few choice words and he just stared dead ahead lol, I wouldn't even have the ignorance to block people off on a slip road when the other lane is clear!! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

:unsure: Yep, lots of heat and humidity here in Suffolk today Ghana, I didn't even think about that being the cause lol!!

I don't like the people that won't move over when the overtaking lane is free and the slip road is busy, just one single car in the left lane passing the slip at 50 when there's a queue trying to join behind an artic at 40.  I know it's up to us on the slip to filter in but it wouldn't hurt to show some consideration.  It got to the point I was gonna have to brake hard as he came up next to me (watching in my mirror) I gave a light toot on the horn...he didn't notice, I started moving over (slip road running out!) and he moved right slightly then accelerated left to cut me off...honestly I don't understand people sometimes.  Obviously I had to brake as did the rest of the queue behind me and join behind him.  When I got along side him I looked over to give him a few choice words and he just stared dead ahead lol, I wouldn't even have the ignorance to block people off on a slip road when the other lane is clear!! 

Yep, some people are just ignorant Tom!  I had a yellow Nissan Juke (yuk!) cut me off on a slip road the other week, but it was a slightly stranger situation.  He wasn't already on the dual carriageway, but rather behind me on the slip road.  Just as I was pulling out (at a good 60MPH I may add, hardly dawdling) he pulled out and accelerated past me in the left lane, almost causing me to smash into his N/S if I hadn't checked my blindspot. 

Being in the Focus I had no problem getting past him as soon as I merged, whilst mouthing a few choice words.  Of course, a bit further down the road (with him right up my backside as expected) I suddenly had to slam on the brakes to avoid a non-existant animal in the middle of the road! :wink: 

Needless to say after that he left at the next exit, probably to change his trousers.  Yep, I don't take kindly to bad drivers.  If you make a genuine mistake, that's fine - but if you go out of your way to be a "see you next tuesday", then I'll get you back.  Don't you worry... :twisted:

• Like 2

I don't like finding the third large spider on the stairs in a week!  When I say "large", I mean the size of a gear knob, which for an arachnophobe like me is heart-stopping... :ohmy:

• Like 1

Very late on this one, but want to pass on my condolences Ghana. Poor Bunty, very sad when animals time comes!

Humm, how depressing...

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club