Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like my son has had virgin fibre installed and gets 195mb download speed yes you read that right 195.....wow

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GMX said:

It's hot down here too, at the moment.

However, the Met Office have issued a weather warning for heavy rain and unseasonally strong gales for tonight and tomorrow. Still it will refill my butts again, if they're right:smile:

I hope we get that here too!  Need something to cool the air down and blow away the humidity.

I do like finally getting the lawns mowed:smile: I wanted to do it before the forecast rain came.  So in theory, between three bands of rain that are supposed to be coming, there's a lull of two hours when it would be feasible to feed the lawns

I've also had the novelty, of transferring 2 complete butts over to the previously empty plunging butts, in near darkness; apart from my 3LED head torch. Enabling each drain pipe diverter the ability to capture 615 litres of rain each; from the forecast 13.5mm p/h, and fill all my empty butts:smile:

This forecast rain had better come now:laugh::unsure:

1 hour ago, Philf1 said:

I do like my son has had virgin fibre installed and gets 195mb download speed yes you read that right 195.....wow

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

Is that fibre to the premises?

I'm liking my Sky Q system that was fitted this afternoon.

Menu and touch pad controller need getting used to but that won't take long.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

Sent from my SM-G930F

So glad someone likes it. I was part of the team that developed that. [emoji106] [emoji106]

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Why did you remove the info banner time-out option?

😎

Sent from my SM-G930F

12 hours ago, GMX said:

Is that fibre to the premises?

Virgin has always been FTTC afaik, but the copper cables they use are much thicker than the twisted pair used for BT lines.

The place I'm buying is still stuck on ADSL about 4-5k from the exchange.....

I do like that the forecasted rain is happening:smile: but the wind which was supposed to be accompanying it has yet to appear

I haven't checked my butts yet, but judging by the water in a random bucket on the drive, if they're not full already they soon will be:smile:

4 hours ago, xAldoRaine said:

I like the drive home from work :laugh:

Join the club!

I do like today being much cooler and windy.  Much easier to breathe in than the stifling heat of the past few days.  No rain though, but it wasn't really required after all.

My butts are full again:yahoo: although I haven't anywhere now to store the next band of heavy rain coming tonight:unsure:

And there's been so much rain today, nothing needs irrigating: even the hanging baskets have had a thorough soaking:biggrin: 

I like that I seem to have a few minutes to get back on the forum and start playing catchup!

• Like 3

Work has been up and down, health has been down and down, kids have been growing up and becoming pains in my jacksie, demanding more time, routines have changed.

Other than that, I am just exhausted when I get in, so where I had the energy to sit down for a bout of a few hours, I just dont have it these days :p

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Philf1 said:

195? My talk talk UFO just ran at 279mbps and a darn site cheaper than I was paying for 75mbps virgin. 

Problems exist when bandwidth at the site or the peer, havent enough space to accomodate you and limit you to 5mbps or less :p

On 18/08/2016 at 11:05 PM, Stoney871 said:

Sent from my SM-G930F

Difficult to concentrate on watching tv, whilst eating a big bag of crisps and feel your way around a touch pad controller eh? ;) :lol: 

• Like 3

I do like that the wind is gusting at gale force, so the rain clouds are literally flying across the sky, and as a result Brandy's extended walk didn't involve getting soaked:smile: Well not from falling rain, there were quite a few puddles from yesterday's rain.  Like dogs the world over, Brandy made sure she walked through every one, concentrating on the more muddy ones:mellow: 

However, we were getting showered with rather large pine cones, those big ones that can hurt when the fall on your head, as we crossed Ferndown forest:mellow:  A hard hat would have been useful.

At Longham, the footpath and the river Stour were one:ohmy:, along with most of the meadows that are either side of it, we had to walk back alongside the A3049 and then A341, which wasn't as pleasant as walking by the river. 

Sent from my SM-G930F

Difficult to concentrate on watching tv, whilst eating a big bag of crisps and feel your way around a touch pad controller eh? ;) [emoji38] 

There is that I suppose. 😆

(And they were Bugles actually ;) ).

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ianb said:

Difficult to concentrate on watching tv, whilst eating a big bag of crisps and feel your way around a touch pad controller eh? ;) :lol: 

If Clive's dogs are anything like Brandy and the cats in such situations, particularly if the big bag of crisps are of the cheese variety. 

Somebody will be partially draped across your lap (Brandy), somebody else will keep sticking their head in the bag (Bunty) and whilst you're trying to remove the bag from her head, a another's paw (Molly) will slip round from the side and be grasping at a visible crisps in the open bag:lol:

Of the three, Bunty is only one that will actually eat crisps: Molly plays with them

• Like 1

Luckily the dogs don't like crisps.

If a cheese platter is on offer- well, that's another matter.

They are quite partial to a morsel or two of Cornish Brie (as am I ;) ).

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 3