Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 update to version 3.4

Tezza

2 minutes ago, Luke_Anderson said:

I did correct the file name and master reset everytime only thing I can think of is that my apim came from a c-max originally and not a focus. Can’t see that making the difference though. Would you mind sending me the exact list of yours and Tezzas install to see where I’m going wrong? 

My list 

my list .jpg

18 minutes ago, Luke_Anderson said:

I did correct the file name and master reset everytime only thing I can think of is that my apim came from a c-max originally and not a focus. Can’t see that making the difference though. Would you mind sending me the exact list of yours and Tezzas install to see where I’m going wrong? 

Yep, bear with me

Working 19101:

APPS=5U5T-14G381-AP.tar.gz
VOICE=4U5T-14G391-AJ.tar.gz
VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-BAC.tar.gz
GRACENOTES=4U5T-14G423-AA.tar.gz
MAP=1U5T-14G421-BAE.tar.gz
MAP=1U5T-14G421-BBE.tar.gz
MAP=1U5T-14G421-BCE.tar.gz
MAP=1U5T-14G421-BDE.tar.gz
MAP=1U5T-14G421-BEE.tar.gz
MAP=1U5T-14G421-BFE.tar.gz
MAP=1U5T-14G421-BGE.tar.gz
MAP=1U5T-14G421-BHE.tar.gz
MAP=1U5T-14G421-BJE.tar.gz
ENH_DAB=1U5T-14G658-AD.tar.gz
LICENSE=1U5T-14G424-BG.tar.gz

19200 as per tutorial - install in progress and crappy nav command:

APPS=5U5T-14G381-CD.TAR.GZ
VOICE=5U5T-14G391-AH.TAR.GZ
VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-BAC.TAR.GZ
MAP=1U5T-14G421-BAE.TAR.GZ
MAP=1U5T-14G421-BCE.TAR.GZ
ENH_DAB=1U5T-14G658-AE.TAR.GZ
LICENSE=1U5T-14G424-BG.TAR.GZ

And the build I was hoping would fix problems and run 19200 (untested):

APPS=5U5T-14G381-CD.tar.gz
VOICE=4U5T-14G391-AJ.tar.gz
VOICE_NAV=4U5T-14G422-BAC.tar.gz
MAP=1U5T-14G421-BAE.tar.gz
MAP=1U5T-14G421-BCE.tar.gz
ENH_DAB=1U5T-14G658-AE.tar.gz
LICENSE=1U5T-14G424-BG.tar.gz

Again, If you're trying this and don't want to wait an hour each time, just install the UK maps BAE and BCE.

@Luke_Anderson

So the only difference between the files the tutorial tells you to use, and Tezza's old setup (mine currently) is the APPS file - CD is 19200, AP is 19101; the VOICE file and the ENH-DAB file.

EDIT: I see you've left some comments there too =]

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tezza said:

Never had that problem on my first install but have on the second one just by adding the licence file,  going to reinstall it using the exact files as i did on the first one to see what happens 

Odd, I used the licence file with no problems.  Can we say this might then be down to the installer program being a bit buggy?

Back in the old days of hacking PSPs, there was a method known as ChickHEN exploit, which involved opening a file as an image in the PSP's built in image viewer, which would force the PSP into bootloader.  However it was so hit and miss that people often reported trying over 200 times before it actually worked! 

1 hour ago, Phil21185 said:

Odd, I used the licence file with no problems.  Can we say this might then be down to the installer program being a bit buggy?

Back in the old days of hacking PSPs, there was a method known as ChickHEN exploit, which involved opening a file as an image in the PSP's built in image viewer, which would force the PSP into bootloader.  However it was so hit and miss that people often reported trying over 200 times before it actually worked! 

This was a thought of mine. Whether it’s the actual installer that’s causing the problem. It’s the only thing that has stayed the same constantly 

On 10/13/2019 at 9:36 AM, Comares2001 said:

I'm surprised that anyone with a vehicle still under warranty is considering doing this as I would imagine that would be invalidated as the Sync 3.4 release was intended for MY20 vehicles.

I had to retrofit Sync3 on a 2019 Fiesta, the update I got using the VIN resulted in a black screen, so using the files and bootloader in this thread helped fix my problem and upgrade my nav to f8 from f6 lol

I get the installer message on start up occasionally, I used the all in one download off the guide page linked in the first post. Doesn’t happen all the time. 

Matt

6 hours ago, BustedCeramics said:

I had to retrofit Sync3 on a 2019 Fiesta, the update I got using the VIN resulted in a black screen, so using the files and bootloader in this thread helped fix my problem and upgrade my nav to f8 from f6 lol

2019 fiesta should have sync3 already?

50 minutes ago, Phil21185 said:

And the dealer would have sorted out any software issue under warranty.

3 hours ago, Phil21185 said:

Nope, there's a weird base sync 2.5 system that doesn't use an APIM. The car came as part of a deal for my dad so didn't spec it and didn't realise until I tried fitting a nav APIM(I thought that was why the car didn't have nav), but turns out there was none.

2 hours ago, Comares2001 said:

And the dealer would have sorted out any software issue under warranty.

I've disassembled the entire car, cut and soldered the main loom to install Sync 3, changed all the Speakers, if I go to the dealership now they'll invalidate my warranty for all claims full stop lol, have to find a friendly one who'll understand when its time to service.

1 hour ago, BustedCeramics said:

Nope, there's a weird base sync 2.5 system that doesn't use an APIM. The car came as part of a deal for my dad so didn't spec it and didn't realise until I tried fitting a nav APIM(I thought that was why the car didn't have nav), but turns out there was none.

I've disassembled the entire car, cut and soldered the main loom to install Sync 3, changed all the speakers, if I go to the dealership now they'll invalidate my warranty for all claims full stop lol, have to find a friendly one who'll understand when its time to service.

You will have only invalidated the warranty on the audio system not anything else 

45 minutes ago, Tezza said:

You will have only invalidated the warranty on the audio system not anything else 

Sorry, I didn't explain it well. To do the sync retrofit the connectors for all 60 odd components connected to the 14401 harness had to be modified ranging from the audio system to antennas, switches, dash etc, and then theres also the wiring to do with the rear camera, interior lights etc, the powertrain warranty is probably the only one left lol.

So today I decided to start completely afresh. I re-downloaded all the files from different sources. Formatted 2 different USB’s ( slowly not the quick way ) re-installed the updated firmware to the apim and then installed the 19200 software. And finally I have 19200 working without the installation error 😊😊😊

• Like 3

Anyone tried active park assist on 3.4? Screen is all okay until the camera kicks in then the writing disappears off to the side 

I did the recommended update first then went back and did the ones tezza posted 

Just now, Luke_Anderson said:

I did the recommended update first then went back and did the ones tezza posted 

Thanks, I’ll try again. 

It failed, so I’ve just send the forscan team my logs. 

Matt

I don’t know how much they will help you as they say they don’t offer support if you brick your module, is the module powering on still? 

Yeah, just says programming failed. 

They seem quite helpful atm. 

Matt

Maybe try programming the files that tezza listed? 

@Luke_Anderson

what obd reader are you using? There saying mine is not up to writing the firmware. 

Could you send me a link to yours please. 

Thanks very much. 

Matt

I’m using an els27 cable, I take it your using a elm27? 

Yeah I have managed it with an elm27 before but I was really hit and miss. Els27 is a much better cable 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club