Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync3 update to version 3.4

Tezza

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Hi Colin, the radio logos are part of a different file. You need to format a USB pen (ExFat) and create a folder called "SyncMyRide" in the folder place the radio logo file and also on USB pen, but NOT inside the folder place the install file.

Put the USB pen the car, switch on and it will install the logos, takes less than 5 minuets.

Logo file = 1U5T-14G658-AF_1598633324000.TAR.GZ

Did this, still no logos

Can anyone help? Or do I just have to activate via Forscan and remove the climate in the same manner?

Hi Colin, if you want to remove climate from your Sync3 system you will have to do that using ForScan. Question is how did you end up with climate settings on the screen in the first place?

The logos don't have anything to do with ForScan, so it won't help.

If they installed from the USB then they should just appear. Mind you not all stations have a logo. Also you need to turn then on in you Sync3 settings. Don't set the text to scroll or the logos won't work on some screen views.

Climate settings appeared when I updated to 3.4. I didn't go past the 19101 update and the climate has appeared. 

I've read elsewhere you need to activate logos on forscan. There's nowhere to set them on in sync 3 settings and nowhere to set the text to scroll?? 

Hi Colin, there is not an option in ForScan to deal with the radio logos, it is just one of the options on the Sync3 radio settings. Please see the attached photos. Text scroll has now been called "Slide Show" don't know when that happened.

DSC_0106.JPG

DSC_0108.JPG

Hi, 

Ok, I don't have slideshow or logo option. 

Screenshot_20210707_163538_com.huawei.camera.jpg

I did manage to remove the climate using forscan. 

I did have them after I enabled enhanced dab on forscan but lost them after car restart. 

17 minutes ago, M1tch666 said:

enabled enhanced dab

Ok, I see your problem now. It may be worth going back in with ForScan and seeing if Enhanced DAB is still enabled. It might be after your recent update that it has been disabled again.

I enabled it today when I got rid of the climate controls. I did a master reset after unplugging the laptop. It kept my change with the climate but that was in the apim build. The enabled enhanced dab was only done in the config. I'll check it again when I get home... 

Just had a similar thing happen with mine today, did the change to add AHB to the car which seems to have gone ok, but the auto locking option on my instrument display just vanished. Had to go back in to the IPC Module and turn it back to Enabled. Still can't figure out how turning on AHB could disable the auto locking on the display.

Edited by unofix

I'll try this in the APIM build... 

Screenshot_20210707_171648_com.android.chrome.jpg

Ok, enhanced is still on but don't have the options. It's listed for enhanced dab on the apim so I'm guessing I need to do the apim update..... I thought forscan could do an auto update but the option isn't available?? Can anyone guide me as to what I need to do next? 

I've performed another update and now have logos working. I am now getting a Navigation mulfunction. Please visit your dealer for service. Can anyone help me with this? 

4 hours ago, ianincheshire said:

Thanks Ian, but mines is a mk3. It isn't showing the faults in your link, it just gives me the navigation malfunction message. 

Sorted. Downgraded to lower 3.4 and upgraded again including the maps.

Can anyone tell me what I need to enable in forscan to get the nav replicating next to the trip comp? 

• 3 months later...

I'm always back to factory settings when I turn on car. I have dark mode selected, but when I restart the car, I am back on "auto".

I also have to do phone pairing for android auto every time I start the car again. And there is an error that it cannot be connected, but It connects when I hit close.

Any idea about that? 

BTW: as I understand, if this won't be repaired, I'm stuck with bugs forever? Not any possibility to go to original Ford version?

1 hour ago, Zokisu said:

Not any possibility to go to original Ford version?

You can use the "Format" tool from Cyanlabs and reload the original software

9 minutes ago, unofix said:

You can use the "Format" tool from Cyanlabs and reload the original software

Thanks!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club