Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

I do like that my dishwasher is functioning normally again:smile: I've removed all the soapy scum crud, for the entire length of my foul water drainage, all the way to the street.  Although I'd forgotten I'd bought it, for the first few pipes: I do like how quickly the Nilfisk pipe and drain attachment works.  it not as messy as you'd think it would be either:smile:

I also like Pipper's own vet was able to fit her in this evening, even though we turned up without an appointment. :smile: She's been prescribed something called Galastop, which will bring about an end to her phantom pregnancy.  It's apparently quite common in dogs, mice and elephants; but all mammals can, and do have them, including us.  She'll then have to wait a month after it has ended before she can finally have her spay.

• Like 1

@GMX I had a blocked "U bend" under the kitchen sink, 

I removed the pipe from under the kitchen sink last Sunday and I almost tuned on the tap in the sink to wash out the pipe,

Yes on the sink which I had just removed the drainage pipe from 😁

thankfully I didn't in the end; I went outside and used the garden hose.

• Like 1

Been there, done that! 

I had a basin under the sink to catch the water when I undid the u-bend, caught all the water and promptly poured it down the sink!!! :wallbash:

• Like 2

I do like securing myself a property! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Pics, address and housewarming! :wine:

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Nice! For how much if you don't mind me asking? Curious to see how prices where you are compare to down here lol.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Incontro said:

Nice! For how much if you don't mind me asking? Curious to see how prices where you are compare to down here lol.

Just renting for now, £350PCM for a 1-bedroom flat in a good area with garden and driveway, which isn't too bad. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Pics, address and housewarming! :wine:

I'll post pictures when I get moved in.  As for the address...  Well, depends if you are bringing alcohol or not!!

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I'll post pictures when I get moved in.  As for the address...  Well, depends if you are bringing alcohol or not!!

Not sure if your in need of some furniture and kitchen utensils but thought id say; when I got my own place I picked up great kitchen starter kits in Argos; some of which I still have now 15 year's later, Ikea is great for floor mats and bathroom accessories aswell as bed covers.

1 minute ago, Lenny said:

Not sure if your in need of some furniture and kitchen utensils but thought id say; when I got my own place I picked up great kitchen starter kits in Argos; some of which I still have now 15 year's later, Ikea is great for floor mats and bathroom accessories aswell as bed covers.

I'll take a look, but there is a local recycling store which sells all sorts of household items for extremely low prices, so I think I'll take a trip there and stock up!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I'll take a look, but there is a local recycling store which sells all sorts of household items for extremely low prices, so I think I'll take a trip there and stock up!

That sounds even better as you would be likely to get top brands for low prices. One thing i would avoid purchasing is an analogue clock especially in your own place as it will drive you insaine, 

And a time clock fitted to a table lamp is good for comfort and security, I lived on my own for six months 11 years ago

54 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Just renting for now, £350PCM for a 1-bedroom flat in a good area with garden and driveway, which isn't too bad. 

That's pretty good, probably over £400 up here. Nice one mate :wink:

• Like 1

Just now, Turvey said:

That's pretty good, probably over £400 up here. Nice one mate :wink:

It really should be over £400 but the landlord is retired and more interested in getting a good tenant than a high rent, which I'm not complaining about!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Wow that's cheap! It's a little over twice that round here!! And another double that if I were to move to London lol.

You inviting FOC'cers to your housewarming? :tongue:

• Like 1

I paid off all of my debts yesterday, and to my own surprise; I do feel happier today than i have been for many years, 

this morning I happily got out of bed and went in to work singing, I'm feeling very positive moving forward as my income is now my own after the mortgage & day to day living expenses have been paid. 

I hadn't realised the draw back the debt has on me, I was happy before but not this content with feeling happy.

I could have done this three years ago or anytime along up to now but the bank's weren't ever pleasant and I was always busy chasing somthing for the car or elsewhere but yesterday I decided id had enough and paid up a few debt accounts in full prior to closing them completely,

only remorse I feel now is that I have a sence of loneliness because they won't write to me anymore; and I've lost all my enemies now because there not harassing me it's all blue sky's ahead.

• Like 6

I did that when I left the military.
Pre-owned furniture got me started and then replaced with new as & when affordable.
My pre-owned stuff then went on to be passed to the next generation of family as necessary to allow them to strike out on their own.
It doesn't matter if the stuff is old-fashioned as long as it's clean and servicable.
New stuff will follow in due course.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I do like finding a blackbird nesting in my shed. :smile: It was as surprised as I was when I went in to get the mower out:ohmy:  It then gave me the look of "keep the noise down! I'm incubating!":laugh: 

3 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

That's unbelievably low compared to here!  Nice one Jamie

My mate's son has just secured his first flat, but he is paying £1000pcm for 1-bed flat without offroad parking and no garden, and the flat itself is tiny, apparently.  The lounge is too small even to get a 2-seater settee in, let alone a normal one.

6 minutes ago, GMX said:

That's unbelievably low compared to here!  Nice one Jamie

My mate's son has just secured his first flat, but he is paying £1000pcm for 1-bed flat without offroad parking and no garden, and the flat itself is tiny, apparently.  The lounge is too small even to get a 2-seater settee in, let alone a normal one.

Good Lord!!  That's almost my monthly income, quite literally.  Wages down there must be a lot higher for that to be affordable.

For £1,000PCM here you could get a 6-7 bedroom detached house with driveway, garden and garage.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

Good Lord!!  That's almost my monthly income, quite literally.  Wages down there must be a lot higher for that to be affordable.

For £1,000PCM here you could get a 6-7 bedroom detached house with driveway, garden and garage.

The wages down here a certainly higher but not as high as the Home Counties and London.  My MOT tester mate's son is paying £1100pcm for one room in a house share in West London.

A further comparison between here and there. The house opposite has just gone on to the rental market, a 4-bed, 3 reception room detached, double garage but not much in the way of a garden for £2,600 pcm. For a 6-7 bedroom detached down here, you'd be looking at £5-6K pcm I would've thought, although I can't find any actually listed on Right move.

when i see "location location location" it makes me cringe how much a 1 bed flat can sell for in london and surounding area

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, iantt said:

when i see "location location location" it makes me cringe how much a 1 bed flat can sell for in london and surounding area

Yeah, me too. 

6 hours ago, GMX said:

The wages down here a certainly higher but not as high as the Home Counties and London.  My MOT tester mate's son is paying £1100pcm for one room in a house share in West London.

A further comparison between here and there. The house opposite has just gone on to the rental market, a 4-bed, 3 reception room detached, double garage but not much in the way of a garden for £2,600 pcm. For a 6-7 bedroom detached down here, you'd be looking at £5-6K pcm I would've thought, although I can't find any actually listed on Right move.

I simply could not imagine paying that for a property, even if my salary was double!!  I don't think there would even be a domestic dwelling on the market for anything over £2,000 here in NE Scotland, but if there were then it would quite literally be a mansion.

In fact, out of curiosity I just did a search on Rightmove and below are what you could expect to rent here for similar prices:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-45437052.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-53076839.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-65657441.html

Astonishing, by comparison!

I bought my 3 bedroom terrace house (large rear yard but no front garden or parking) for 110k 15 years ago.
It's now worth 165k.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

I bought my 3 bedroom terrace house (large rear yard but no front garden or parking) for 110k 15 years ago.
It's now worth 165k.

I bought our three bed semi with 100ft x 85ft front and rear garden for €285,000 ten years ago and the year after purchase it was only worth €80,000 but things are picking up again it's now worth €170,000 at present still its the family home i wont ever sell it and only give minutes walk from a great little town population of 14,000 people and work is only 20 minutes drive from home.

2 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I simply could not imagine paying that for a property, even if my salary was double!!  I don't think there would even be a domestic dwelling on the market for anything over £2,000 here in NE Scotland, but if there were then it would quite literally be a mansion.

In fact, out of curiosity I just did a search on Rightmove and below are what you could expect to rent here for similar prices:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-45437052.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-53076839.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-rent/property-65657441.html

Astonishing, by comparison!

The Alford house looks nice, nice area as well. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club