Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

40 minutes ago, GMX said:

There's loads of single girls in the 20 something age bracket working in animal welfare, around 90% of the workforce are 20 somethings.  At the rescue I volunteer at, I can think of at least 4 who are single, one of whom is 27 this year. None have kids, nor are divorced but they all have at least one dog, most have 2 & a few have cats & horses

Blimey...where have you been!?  Nice to see you back anyway. :smile:

3 hours ago, GMX said:

There's loads of single girls in the 20 something age bracket working in animal welfare, around 90% of the workforce are 20 somethings.  At the rescue I volunteer at, I can think of at least 4 who are single, one of whom is 27 this year. None have kids, nor are divorced but they all have at least one dog, most have 2 & a few have cats & horses

Good to see you again!!  You've been gone since I came back to the forum.  Hope you're keeping well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Turvey said:

Another competition won car coming up to Orkney! 

A 21 year old 'boy' 🙄😃 won this last night! Apparently, allegedly, he only bought 1 ticket! 

104492260_1015303072268045_4753266466523744247_o.jpg

Likely going to see this on sale soon 😂. I'd be honest if I did win a car like that, do temporary insurance for a few months then sell it to get a house out of. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Blimey...where have you been!?  Nice to see you back anyway. :smile:

Nice to see you're still on here, how have you been Tom?

My late mum's dementia got worse & worse whilst my business expanded, leaving me little free time

Still got both my Foci & am considering getting a Transit or Luton to turn into a camper

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

Good to see you again!!  You've been gone since I came back to the forum.  Hope you're keeping well.

Good to see you too Jamie!

I'm in excellent health, how have you been?

I've still got both my Foci, my business and my springer spaniel Pipper.  I still volunteer at Margaret Green Animal Rescue mainly at the Dog Centre

Quiet a few changes since I was last on forum. I lost my Mum last July to adanced dementia & Molly my cat in march 2019

I adopted a retired Irish greyhound Frankie from the rescue.  I'm looking to move to a smaller house but in a more rural part of Dorset/Somerset/Devon.  My 4 bedroom house is a bit too big for me and 2 dogs

17 minutes ago, GMX said:

Still got both my Foci & am considering getting a Transit or Luton to turn into a camper

I’ve been wondering for ages what the word should be for having more than one Focus....thanks for clearing it up. I’m also planning on doing a Transit to a camper this year. 

Sorry to hear about your mother GMX. I wasn’t around this forum last time you were here but good to see people returning. 

Gordon

• Like 1

Thanks Gordon

I think I was last on the forum in late 2017.  I see there's quite few new members since then; but then again it is 2½ years or so

• Like 3

I'm still here

a64ac958dbdf3038355bde4fa46dec71.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

Likely going to see this on sale soon 😂. I'd be honest if I did win a car like that, do temporary insurance for a few months then sell it to get a house out of. 

I would just take the money in the first place! 😃 Supercars hold no interest for me I'm afraid, to be honest I would struggle to get in and out of something like that and it's not practical to go to Tesco's or on holiday 😆 Just thinking about this part of it, depending on how high or low the tide is could prove interesting in driving on and off the ferry! I've seen the crew having to put lengths of wood down to get caravans etc loaded so driving a low car like that would be fun to watch! 😳

We had the same discussion with our 19 year old son and he couldn't understand us not wanting to own it even just for a while, the generation gap I suppose. 

I just hope the boy who won it doesn't do a Paddy McGuiness and wreck it, or worse! 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Turvey said:

it's not practical to go to Tesco's or on holiday

Not for a family...but for a single person it'd be fine, I could get a fortnight of groceries in there!  I'm not sure it's designed for family practicality. :biggrin: 

I'm not a massive fan of supercars either tbf.  I've been to a few 'exclusive' meets, where you have to 400bhp+ to show and it was a bit dull really...  There was the odd unique thing but it was mostly just lines of standard BMW M4's. :laugh: 

Having said all that, I would definitely try to drive that if I won it...I've wanted an electric orange ST since they came out...that's probably as close as I'll get! :tongue: 

(Annoyingly one of my mates is selling a facelift EO ST right now, and I could now afford to buy and run it, if only my body wasn't so broken. :sad: )

• Like 3

I'm with Turvey, I tend not to get excited about the next identikit 200mph hypercar.  If I won that I'd sell it and buy an M5 touring.  A car for any occasion, wether it's keeping up with the traffic on the autobahn or taking all your kid's stuff to university.  If I had the cash that's what I'd buy.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GMX said:

My late mum's dementia got worse & worse whilst my business expanded, leaving me little free time

I've been alright, thanks...health issues have got worse but just recently finances have got better so not all bad!  I'm currently looking to move to more suitable accommodation but, like you, struggling to find the right place!  I haven't had a Focus since 2018...the Mk2 had to go after DPF regs changed so I bought a Mk3 1.6TDCi which was a huge mistake...also tried a Mk3 1.0 EcoBoost which was also a mistake, ended up back in a Golf as a stop gap...which I've had for nearly 2 years now!  

Sorry to hear about your Mum.  How's your business getting on under the current circumstances?  Has that give you a welcome break or still keeping busy?

Camper idea sounds great...it's something I've thought about many times but never tried yet!

10 hours ago, GMX said:

Sorry to hear about your mum 😢. I'll be honest there's a few family members I had who passed not long ago and I think it's best they did rather than catching this virus. 

2 hours ago, Turvey said:

I would just take the money in the first place! 😃 Supercars hold no interest for me I'm afraid, to be honest I would struggle to get in and out of something like that and it's not practical to go to Tesco's or on holiday 😆 Just thinking about this part of it, depending on how high or low the tide is could prove interesting in driving on and off the ferry! I've seen the crew having to put lengths of wood down to get caravans etc loaded so driving a low car like that would be fun to watch! 😳

We had the same discussion with our 19 year old son and he couldn't understand us not wanting to own it even just for a while, the generation gap I suppose. 

I just hope the boy who won it doesn't do a Paddy McGuiness and wreck it, or worse! 

I'm sure you'd agree with me and would love to own and keep this type of car. A porsche cayman. I'll be honest they aren't that bad in price for what your getting. Would love to save up for one when I start working but best thing to do is invest in things first then get a car. Insurance is surprisingly cheap also for me. 

Screenshot_20200617-104629.png

Screenshot_20200617-104825.png

I might have just bought a new motorbike. Whoops. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, GMX said:

Good to see you too Jamie!

I'm in excellent health, how have you been?

I've still got both my Foci, my business and my springer spaniel Pipper.  I still volunteer at Margaret Green Animal Rescue mainly at the Dog Centre

Quiet a few changes since I was last on forum. I lost my Mum last July to adanced dementia & Molly my cat in march 2019

I adopted a retired Irish greyhound Frankie from the rescue.  I'm looking to move to a smaller house but in a more rural part of Dorset/Somerset/Devon.  My 4 bedroom house is a bit too big for me and 2 dogs

I'm alright, still smoking like a chimney and drinking like a fish!  But I am losing weight and walking more.

So sorry to hear about you mum, dementia is such an awful disease, and of course losing your cat beforehand must have made it an awful year.

Hopefully when this is all over house prices will be reasonable whilst the market is still quiet so you should be able to find something suitable. 

• Like 1

This guys Gordon Ramsey impression really got me 😂. Bit of swearing as well you'll know 

22 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

I might have just bought a new motorbike. Whoops. 

Confirmed, bought a new bike. 

If Ford made bikes, would I buy them...?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, The Finance Guy said:

Confirmed, bought a new bike. 

If Ford made bikes, would I buy them...?

How the other half live! 😆 Me? I think twice about buying a second teeshirt in Primark! 😃😃😃

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Turvey said:

How the other half live! 😆 Me? I think twice about buying a second teeshirt in Primark! 😃😃😃

I have to think twice about buying a loaf of bread!! :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I have to think twice about buying a loaf of bread!! :laugh:

Yeah but I have a whole panel of friendly lenders that I can get to pay for my multiple cars and bikes on mates rates!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

Did you see the queues outside Primark on Monday!?  :laugh:

I know the stuff is cheap but it must last longer than 3 months of lockdown surely! :biggrin:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Did you see the queues outside Primark on Monday!?  :laugh:

I know the stuff is cheap but it must last longer than 3 months of lockdown surely! :biggrin:

2020-06-18-06.19.56.jpg

• Haha 3

Get my bike tomorrow . Yay! , Soon get those panniers and top box off though. 

IMG-20200612-WA0001.jpg

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, iantt said:

Get my bike tomorrow . Yay! , Soon get those panniers and top box off though. 

IMG-20200612-WA0001.jpg

Amazing! I’ve just managed to sell my SV and hopefully the Daytona won’t be long. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club