Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

My parents did not have any side effects from it. However, I have herd from some of my friends who have. Apart from a sore arm, they have felt rough 24h later. Over the last few years I have felt rough a week after having a flu jab, cough, cold headache, etc. Strangely no effects last time I had it in October.

Friends of ours in their early 60's (no health issues) are booked for next week. Really seem to be cracking on in our area.

Bit of a contrast with our friends across the channel. The negative vibes put out about the Astra Zeneca vaccine by President Macron and others really seem to have put people off. Apparently a vaccination centre in Berlin had 3,800 appointments a day booked for the AZ vaccine and only 200 turned up, and Germany has a hoard of 1.4 million unused doses.

Makes you wonder why they were kicking off so much about supplies (including their behaviour over the Irish border) when they won't take it anyway!😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The negativity over the specific AstraZeneca strain is purely political.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Makes you wonder why they were kicking off so much about supplies (including their behaviour over the Irish border) when they won't take it anyway!😀

C'est la vie LOL 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

The negativity over the specific AstraZeneca strain is purely political.  

Yes, sadly there does seem to be an element of that. I naively thought it was all about saving people's lives.😞

• Like 1

In and out in less than 9 minutes! 👍

15 minutes from when I parked the truck opposite the hospital until I climbed back in. 

Screenshot_20210227-112035.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

In and out in less than 9 minutes! 👍

👍Presume you had the Oxford/Astra Zeneca? Mrs and I had that and were both in/out in under 10 minutes. Couple of friends had the Pfizer and they were advised to wait for 15 minutes before leaving.

It has just struck me LOL I have been getting the flu vaccine for the last 20 odd years. For many, the Covid vaccine is the first they have ever received as an adult, so y'all get excited over how quick it takes. That's quite quaint...No idea what everyone expected. As a diabetic, I can inject myself in seconds, getting injected isn't a big procedure but listening to the radio today on the almighty c*ck up the EU are making of it, well, I'm glad I'm in the UK.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

, so y'all get excited over how quick it takes. That's quite quaint...No idea what everyone expected.

Lol, I've had a few flu jabs now. No, we were only a bit surprised because the booking information said allow 45 minutes and when we arrived we could see the "post jab 15 minutes" waiting area (which then turned out to be Pfizer only) so I guess we'd been led to expect a bit of a wait which didn't happen. 

We were very impressed by the efficiency of the process at the vaccination centre.

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

👍Presume you had the Oxford/Astra Zeneca? Mrs and I had that and were both in/out in under 10 minutes. Couple of friends had the Pfizer and they were advised to wait for 15 minutes before leaving.

Yes, got the Oxford one indeed.

57 minutes ago, FiestaForever said:

Very efficient😀

I thought so 👍

46 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

It has just struck me LOL I have been getting the flu vaccine for the last 20 odd years. For many, the Covid vaccine is the first they have ever received as an adult, so y'all get excited over how quick it takes. That's quite quaint...No idea what everyone expected. As a diabetic, I can inject myself in seconds, getting injected isn't a big procedure but listening to the radio today on the almighty c*ck up the EU are making of it, well, I'm glad I'm in the UK.

I too have been getting the flu jab for a few years and can assure you that until this season's visit I've had to wait a lot longer than I did today. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I too have been getting the flu jab for a few years and can assure you that until this season's visit I've had to wait a lot longer than I did today. 

My surgery must be very efficient then (surprisingly). They allocate specific flu jab days, normally a Saturday, where you all get a timed appointment letter, which is normally ignored. On arrival, you just join the queue, and the head of the queue is filtered off to the next of 6 available treatment rooms. Even with 20 in front, I've never taken more than a few minutes. This year was just as quick, with a socially distanced queue.

• 3 weeks later...

I had mine this afternoon at my local doctors Surgery. A few people in, but not a long wait, got it within a few minutes of my allotted time. It was the Oxford AZ one this time, the surgery has had the phizer one in the past, but it all depends on which one they get delivered. I didn't mind which I'd get as long as a got one.

This is the form I mentioned earlier, I had to fill in.

IMG-20210317-142155595-edit.jpg

Close up of questions:

IMG-20210317-142155595-edit-2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim H said:

This is the form I mentioned earlier, I had to fill in.

Pretty much what I was asked when I had mine. As the form says, it looks as if the vaccinator is supposed to ask the patient these questions and fill the form in. Looks like they got you to do the work instead!😀

• Like 1

Had mine on Friday at my surgery. Oxford az. Booked for 3.40 and was out by 3.38. no I'm not Marty MC fly. I got there at 3.30 or so. Only me at the side door waiting. Was asked in and a few questions later, jab and out the door. 

Hardly felt the needle. Went home and carried on mixing concrete/ laying slabs down in garden. No after effects or discomfort at all. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yes Im hopeful I will be trouble free.  I had the flu jab for the first time not that long ago and had no side effects.

Mind you after JVT's last appearance I'm ditching paracetamol.  That stuff could kill you!  😁

(I'm kidding.  I love JVT he just says it like it is.)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

(I'm kidding.  I love JVT he just says it like it is.)

Yeah, we do too - always try and watch the briefings when JVT's on! He seems to have that knack of getting complex issues across in a way normal people can relate to. Even when it's quite serious stuff, he still gets the message across without making you feel you want to slit your own throat, unlike some of his colleagues! 😀

Did anyone else get a thread notification from a member saying something ludicrous about the vaccine but the message has now disappeared?

6 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Did anyone else get a thread notification from a member saying something ludicrous about the vaccine but the message has now disappeared?

I removed it as it was uncited fake news.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

I removed it as it was uncited fake news.

Well done, that's why I didn't quote the member's name as I genuinely thought his account had been hacked in to! Social media has much to blame for modern day chaos!

Over 24 hours later, I've had no ill after effects of the vaccine. I have had the flue vaccine for the last 10 or so years, some of them a week afterwards I have felt awful, cold cough, sore throat, headache etc. Some years (like last one I had) I don't get anything.

2 hours ago, Jim H said:

I have had the flue vaccine for the last 10 or so years, some of them a week afterwards I have felt awful, cold cough, sore throat, headache etc.

That'll be all the soot in your sinuses! :wink:

My partner had her 2nd jab yesterday. Sore arm and a headache for a while.

My daughter had her 1st jab yesterday too. Different reaction though. She says she feels like she got covid again without the cough. Arm hurting,shivering ,pounding headache,aching all over . Then feeling hot, now in bed freezing. Seems if you had covid , you do react to the vaccine. My partner said that the 2nd will affect her the same or worse. She knows other nurses that have reacted badly to the 2nd one if they had covid previously. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, iantt said:

. Seems if you had covid , you do react to the vaccine.

As I mentioned in my earlier post (Feb 25) my aunt (85) had missed her first appointment because she was in hospital with Covid. When she finally got her jab (AZ) she had the mild "fluey" symptoms that night, but was fine next day.

None of our friends/family have had the second jab yet but I've also heard reports second-hand of more reactions to No 2. I'll know fairly soon - mine's due last week in April.

10 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

.. but I've also heard reports second-hand of more reactions to No 2.

84 year old mum had her 2nd one yesterday, apart from a weird craving for chocolate (we checked, she's not pregnant LOL), she is absolutely fine...

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club