Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

New Covid vaccine - would you take it?

zain611

So not ALL restrictions as reported ..... sounds about right.

I went to my daughters at the weekend, got a phone call from her 9pm sat to say 2 of the grandkids tested positive as they were off colour. Messaged today to say both her and her partner have tested positive, he's fully jabbed she's not had any. Today i have a bit of a cough scratchy throat and snotty nose but not running a temp as yet. Ordered a PCR and will test tomorrow, I'm triple jabbed so hoping its a cold, but I'm flu jabbed, we'll see. Her house is the only place I don't wear a mask when out and about. Managed to avoid it the last 2 years.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, unofix said:

So not ALL restrictions as reported ..... sounds about right.

Looking as if England might see everything dropped next week - apart from the face masks. I reckon they'll try and cling on to that as long as possible, otherwise there's a chance we might suspect they're not as effective as we've been told.

As an aside, I rang my GP practice yesterday on a routine matter. Immediately an answerphone message came on saying "All the GPS have tested positive and are self-isolating, if you have a serious issue go to the hospital"!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

All the GPS have tested positive

I don't see how they could be. Surely they would have all been Triple if not Quadruple jabbed and they would all have been wearing top grade medical spec face masks. Or are things not quite as the government would like us to believe ?  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, unofix said:

I don't see how they could be. Surely they would have all been Triple if not Quadruple jabbed and they would all have been wearing top grade medical spec face masks. Or are things not quite as the government would like us to believe ?  

Lol, we wondered that. Bearing in mind at the moment it's probably easier to get to see Vladimir Putin than your GP!😀

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Lol, we wondered that. Bearing in mind at the moment it's probably easier to get to see Vladimir Putin than your GP!😀

or a flight to Texas 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, williamweb said:

Newsflash government  guidelines just out for zero Covid-“stop breathing”.😀

You try first and  get your family to let us know if you caught it before you passed out? 😂😂

• Haha 1

Latest ONS data says out of the 150,000 Covid attributed deaths just over 17000 died from Covid.In the first year when we weren’t protected by the vaccine 9000 died of Covid with no underlying issues.This is mind blowing to me.

There’s going to be a lot of back peddling soon on why there wasn’t more scrutiny and cross examination of the whole Covid plan.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, williamweb said:

Latest ONS data says out of the 150,000 Covid attributed deaths just over 17000 died from Covid only.In the first year when we weren’t protected by the vaccine 9000 died of Covid with no underlying issues.This is mind blowing to me.

There’s going to be a lot of back peddling soon on why there wasn’t more scrutiny and cross examination of the whole Covid plan.

Vindication soon for views on the uselessness of lock downs, the uselessness of masks, and the uselessness of masks. I feel a warm glow inside, god, I hope it isn't covid!!

5 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Vindication soon for views on the uselessness of lock downs, the uselessness of masks, and the uselessness of masks. I feel a warm glow inside, god, I hope it isn't covid!!

I take no satisfaction in this data.Just thinking of all those premature deaths that couldn’t get treated because of the Covid Health service.Also qualifying this by saying all deaths are sad.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, iantt said:

You try first and  get your family to let us know if you caught it before you passed out? 😂😂

I’m up to 2 minutes so far.More practice needed ha ha but I think it’s going to be another government guidance waste of time fail 👍

8 minutes ago, williamweb said:

I’m up to 2 minutes so far.More practice needed ha ha but I think it’s going to be another government guidance waste of time fail 👍

I cant stop breathing the Cpap kicks in haha

Been out this morning, hit a drive thru and collected an LFT, Results are I've tested positive, but other than a scratchy throat and an occasional cough I feel fine.

Hello to 4 walls the next 5 days till I test again, good job i stocked up the otherday.

31 minutes ago, JImpster said:

Been out this morning, hit a drive thru and collected an LFT, Results are I've tested positive, but other than a scratchy throat and an occasional cough I feel fine.

Hello to 4 walls the next 5 days till I test again, good job i stocked up the otherday.

Vitamin D is an immune booster, worth looking at.Although I’m not a doctor.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Vitamin D is an immune booster, worth looking at.Although I’m not a doctor.

From the NHS web site... (I'm not a Dr either LOL)

There have been some reports about vitamin D reducing the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19). But there is currently not enough evidence to support taking vitamin D solely to prevent or treat COVID-19.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

From the NHS web site... (I'm not a Dr either LOL)

There have been some reports about vitamin D reducing the risk of coronavirus (COVID-19). But there is currently not enough evidence to support taking vitamin D solely to prevent or treat COVID-19.

I didn’t say it was a cure ha ha but it bolsters the immune system apparently 👍

• Haha 1

reminds me of the graphic that pops up after some tv shows "NOT A DOCTOR" hahahahahahaha

23 hours ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Looking as if England might see everything dropped next week - apart from the face masks.

Well, looks like I was wrong there - the Saj is just on air now announcing no compulsory masks from next Thursday. We'll have to see what that means in practice - I'm guessing businesses such as shops and transport operators will be free to impose their own rules as before.

1 minute ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Well, looks like I was wrong there - the Saj is just on air now announcing no compulsory masks from next Thursday. We'll have to see what that means in practice - I'm guessing businesses such as shops and transport operators will be free to impose their own rules as before.

Speaking as someone that now hasn't worn a mask for almost a year now, I could care less what individual shops choose to do, and I will state here & now, that NONE will mandate mask wearing as a condition of entry...

All good in public spaces but I reckon our warehouse will still be mandatory.

5 minutes ago, Wino said:

All good in public spaces but I reckon our warehouse will still be mandatory.

Steel toe capped shoes, work’s trousers, sweat shirt, hi visibility tabard and last but not least don’t forget your face mask,or you’ll be sent home😀

1 minute ago, williamweb said:

Steel toe capped shoes, work’s trousers, sweat shirt, hi visibility tabard and last but not least don’t forget your face mask,or you’ll be sent home😀

Composite safety shoes only allowed. Shorts and t-shirt but must wear separate hi viz tabard and gloves.

2 minutes ago, williamweb said:

Were are exactly the same at work. And only 8 of us in the space of a Tesco's superstore. 😂😂😂

I don’t understand why no masks applies from next week. Seems odd they don’t say it is from now/ tomorrow.  Does it take that long for retailers to remove the posters on their doors. I’m not passing judgement on whether or not we wear masks but once the decision is made why is it not immediate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, isetta said:

I don’t understand why no masks applies from next week. Seems odd they don’t say it is from now/ tomorrow. 

What's genuinely odd, is that they introduced them in the 1st place! 🤣

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club