Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2021 Fiesta StLine X 155 Mhev

Mavroz

Hi Mavroz 

Great write up of the fiesta 155 , nice to get an owners view rather than the usual press reviewing a new car.

I,m looking to change my current car (Vauxhall Astra) in jan next year and looking at the 125/155 st-line mild hybrid versions.

Hopefully there might be some PCP deals around at the dealers or I may look at PCH and try and sell my Astra privately as I have around £10k in the car and considering present times that would come in handy . But I know January is a bad month to try and sell a car privately hence a pcp deal where I could trade it in.

I do like the focus as well but there’s something about the fiesta thats pulling me more to it.

Although I like a nippy car , mpg is important to me going forward and with most of my journeys really short maybe the 125 is sufficient. Also nice to hear from 125 owners ref mpg .

Anyway good write up and look forward to any more info on car (mpg , comfort , refinement , ) as you rack up the miles.

• Like 3

Missing rear mats were dropped off today by the salesman. 

There was no issue from the dealer with them being ordered when we collected the car and realised they weren't there but someone else told me most models don't have rear mats from delivery any longer.

I have heard that myself is lower end models but not heard of our models not being delivered with rear mats.

Strange if rear mats are no longer factory fitted.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mavroz said:

There was no issue from the dealer with them being ordered when we collected the car and realised they weren't there but someone else told me most models don't have rear mats from delivery any longer.

I have heard that myself is lower end models but not heard of our models not being delivered with rear mats.

Thought matts were extra fitted at dealers discretion (i tend to ask they then throw them in for free).

No. The mats come factory fitted in some models now. My 2020my StLx came fitted with front and rear mats as standard. Not the cheap thin ones, they are actually thicker decent quality ones with red trim to match the seats.

The mrs 2021my came with front fitted mats only. It does say in the brochure Trend has front mats only but doesn't say rear mats for any other model than TitX.

(I think 2020my and 2021my is correct for both models)

Flagged it when we picked car up from dealer. They were dropped off at our house yesterday by salesman. Same mats as in rear of mine, Left and right hand side with red trim, thicker and better quality than the mats that were in my old 2017 mk7.5.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mavroz said:

Maybe they're expecting a new covid rule of no more than 2 people in a car... :biggrin:  All the Focus Actives I've looked at have rear mats as standard.  The Fiesta is obviously a cheaper car overall though.

Just wondered how many miles you'd put on the 155 now?  Any issues with the GPF in this weather?

The mrs car has done about 120 miles now. Mine has 3800 on it. Neither have had any issues with the GPF.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I noticed on the posted video that the panel behind the Sync unit doesn't match the shiny carbon fibre effect dash trim. My MK8 Stlx does match and it finishes the dash off nicely, be a shame if they have used a cheap bit of plastic instead to save a few pennies.

I'm looking at an upgrade in the New Year so reading this thread with interest.

• Like 1

Good info! My new ST Line X 155 5 door arrives tomorrow (hopefully) and it's good to read positive things about it! Last car was a 2017 Scirocco R Line 150 TDi so it'll be interesting to see how it compares, although the lease ended on that in May so I've probably forgotten what that was like anyway.

1 hour ago, Peejay1977 said:

Good info! My new ST Line X 155 5 door arrives tomorrow (hopefully) and it's good to read positive things about it! Last car was a 2017 Scirocco R Line 150 TDi so it'll be interesting to see how it compares, although the lease ended on that in May so I've probably forgotten what that was like anyway.

Did you have the driver assistance pack added when ordering?

26 minutes ago, Mavroz said:

Did you have the driver assistance pack added when ordering?

Sadly not, these were stock orders so I had to just take the "standard" ST Line X but was able to get it in the Magnetic Grey.

Not too fussed about the auto park but the adaptive cruise would have been nice to have.

Well mine arrived earlier, happy as larry although it's ***** filthy after the 130 mile drive to be delivered to me. Can't seem to work out how to get the radio tuned into the DAB stations I want which is unusual for me, technology is usually my thing.

I heard someone say you could alter the amount of regen braking when lifting off the accelerator but I didn't spot anything in the menu?

The B&O stereo is rather naughty I must admit 🙂

IMG_2318.thumb.JPEG.9b0c8c20246be801050d2504f04df4aa.JPEG

IMG_2319.thumb.JPEG.ee803b6595f7b29f65a14ad6914f3660.JPEG

3 hours ago, Peejay1977 said:

Well mine arrived earlier, happy as larry although it's ***** filthy after the 130 mile drive to be delivered to me. Can't seem to work out how to get the radio tuned into the DAB stations I want which is unusual for me, technology is usually my thing.

I heard someone say you could alter the amount of regen braking when lifting off the accelerator but I didn't spot anything in the menu?

The B&O stereo is rather naughty I must admit 🙂

IMG_2318.thumb.JPEG.9b0c8c20246be801050d2504f04df4aa.JPEG

IMG_2319.thumb.JPEG.ee803b6595f7b29f65a14ad6914f3660.JPEG

Very nice. Still only done 150 miles in mine since collecting it. It's certainly been through some weather in its short life. 

I've not seen anything to suggest you can alter the regen braking. It is much more 'fierce' in terms of engine braking when in sport mode so you may find normal mode suits better, and this also keeps the stop start active which is turned off when in sport mode. 

There's an option to alter how often/what speed the stop start kicks in when coasting in gear.

DAB is easy enough to set up so have a play around or post any questions here. 

1 hour ago, Matt12341234 said:

Very nice. Still only done 150 miles in mine since collecting it. It's certainly been through some weather in its short life. 

I've not seen anything to suggest you can alter the regen braking. It is much more 'fierce' in terms of engine braking when in sport mode so you may find normal mode suits better, and this also keeps the stop start active which is turned off when in sport mode. 

There's an option to alter how often/what speed the stop start kicks in when coasting in gear.

DAB is easy enough to set up so have a play around or post any questions here. 

Thanks Matt, yeah I find the regen a little harsh in sport mode so will use it in Normal for now, not to mention it resets to Normal anyway so I'll probably forget. Sorted the DAB, it was me being a bellend lol

Front suspension is as harsh a as a ***** until I checked the TPMS and it was reading 40psi for the 2 fronts and 30 for the back 2. Have dropped the fronts so I'm sure that'll make a difference.

They always seem to come from the factory massively inflated aye.

Interesting about the regen braking. I wonder if it seems more noticeable as we've all got used to the comparitive absence of engine braking on modern downsized petrol turbos?

Only MHEV I've tried so far was the Puma 125 MHEV but I didn't notice anything tbh, probably because I was distracted by the collision warning kicking off every time I passed a parked car!

• Like 2

If you watch Jamie CTR's review on the car (on page 2 of thread), he mentions stop/start and regen. He found a way of adjusting stop/start levels in one of the menus. He also complains (approx 10 min into) that he does not like sport mode. If you lift off, initially it will slow down normally (engine breaking), but then a second or so later, hybrid regen kicks in. I don't think he found a way to adjust it, apart from just using 'normal' mode.

I found this too in the 125 hybrid I had. A bit of engine braking then a lot as the regen kicked in.

My 182 auto will happily engine brake if I use M mode and come down a gear or two.

1 hour ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Interesting about the regen braking. I wonder if it seems more noticeable as we've all got used to the comparitive absence of engine braking on modern downsized petrol turbos?

Only MHEV I've tried so far was the Puma 125 MHEV but I didn't notice anything tbh, probably because I was distracted by the collision warning kicking off every time I passed a parked car!

Eric you can definitely feel the engine braking/regen in these. Not sure if it's any different in the lower bhp models. It's a strange feeling, almost like someone is pressing the brake pedal but the speed doesn't really come off as such. 

What is lacking which would be useful is some sort of indicator to show the battery level. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Matt12341234 said:

What is lacking which would be useful is some sort of indicator to show the battery level. 

I would imagine it doesn't have one as it's not a true hybrid. I'm sure plug-in hybrids or ones that can run on electric only, have some sort of gauge, either level or miles to go.

However if I had one of these fiestas, I'd be interested in battery levels. This would be useful if 'pressing on' if it runs out and/or when it is full again.

5 minutes ago, Jim H said:

I would imagine it doesn't have one as it's not a true hybrid. I'm sure plug-in hybrids or ones that can run on electric only, have some sort of gauge, either level or miles to go.

However if I had one of these fiestas, I'd be interested in battery levels. This would be useful if 'pressing on' if it runs out and/or when it is full again.

Yes exactly. Only done 150 miles as mentioned but I find myself lifting off to 'top up' the battery without having any idea what it's state is and feeling guilty when flooring it! 

• Like 1

Been out for a 20 mile run this evening, roads are a bit icy so couldn’t go too far. Sport mode is defo my preferred throttle response but the regen effect is very prominent although I’m kind of getting used to it and you can neuralise the throttle and it smooths it out. Suspension is definitely harsher than my Scirocco R Line was but nothing exceptional. Steering is very jittery and sensitive and I wish there was an option to weight the steering up a bit. Wireless charger doesn’t recognise my iPhone 12 Pro Max even with a thin case on as the pad isn’t large enough but I tend to use CarPlay mostly anyway. 

Thing goes like stink which I was worried about as the torture figures are much lower than my old diesel however I need not have worried, it’s punchy in all the right places and I will not be complaining about it feeling flat. 

3 minutes ago, Peejay1977 said:

Been out for a 20 mile run this evening, roads are a bit icy so couldn’t go too far. Sport mode is defo my preferred throttle response but the regen effect is very prominent although I’m kind of getting used to it and you can neuralise the throttle and it smooths it out. Suspension is definitely harsher than my Scirocco R Line was but nothing exceptional. Steering is very jittery and sensitive and I wish there was an option to weight the steering up a bit. Wireless charger doesn’t recognise my iPhone 12 Pro Max even with a thin case on as the pad isn’t large enough but I tend to use CarPlay mostly anyway. 

Thing goes like stink which I was worried about as the torture figures are much lower than my old diesel however I need not have worried, it’s punchy in all the right places and I will not be complaining about it feeling flat. 

My steering is definitely lighter than the 140 st line X I had before and seems to only slightly weight up in sport mode which is my one criticism of this model.

A few parts around the gear gator are now matt black plastic whereas they used to be chrome which makes it look cheaper. 

Agree the ride can be a little harsh but this is the first car I've had with this size alloys

Hoping for some better weather soon to have a good ride out in it. 

16 minutes ago, Matt12341234 said:

My steering is definitely lighter than the 140 st line X I had before and seems to only slightly weight up in sport mode which is my one criticism of this model.

A few parts around the gear gator are now matt black plastic whereas they used to be chrome which makes it look cheaper. 

Agree the ride can be a little harsh but this is the first car I've had with this size alloys. 

Hoping for some better weather soon to have a good ride out in it. 

My Scirocco had 19’s and was definitely more supple but I’m not too fussed. The one thing I was surprised was that it doesn’t have the door protector motorised doodahs. All the videos I saw of reviews of the ST Line X they all seemed to have them. 

11 hours ago, Peejay1977 said:

My Scirocco had 19’s and was definitely more supple but I’m not too fussed. The one thing I was surprised was that it doesn’t have the door protector motorised doodahs. All the videos I saw of reviews of the ST Line X they all seemed to have them. 

Door edge protectors are part of the driver assistance pack on the Fiesta, not standard even on ST Line X.  They're really annoying though, make it sound like an old car as they rattle their way in or out and snap into place, not like the delicate 'doink' of opening/closing the door on most new cars.

The Scirocco is a bigger car and has independent rear suspension, it's basically a Golf underneath, the Fiesta is more like a Polo.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club