Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus MK4.5 2022+ issues thread

Chera

1 hour ago, tomo2001 said:

Isn't it wireless Carplay on the Mk4.5 ?

Good point!

I personally don't care about wireless charging, it's a waste of time. What I do care about it's that Ford it's still having slow updates to the Sync infotainment and they don't even care. I'm waiting for fullscreen AA/Carplay since Nov 2022, but it's not received yet to my car and Ford doesn't want to push manual updates... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chera said:

I personally don't care about wireless charging, it's a waste of time. What I do care about it's that Ford it's still having slow updates to the Sync infotainment and they don't even care. I'm waiting for fullscreen AA/Carplay since Nov 2022, but it's not received yet to my car and Ford doesn't want to push manual updates... 

What does the display look like without being fullscreen? The only reason I ask is that one of the most recent AA updates has changed the view. This is the same on both cars in our household (one non Ford)

In the new version of sync4 you have on the right part of the screen a square like icon(basically the full screen icon) , and with this you can use the AA on fullscreen. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I'm still waiting for fullscreen CarPlay too...problem is my car is rarely connected to Wi-Fi. I'm happy to hotspot via my phone, but when connected to CarPlay this breaks one or the other. Irritating. 

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well this is new, not sure if it's a blip or what. My sinc version hasn't changed, but the screen layout has.

20230711_174344.jpg

20230711_174453.jpg

1 hour ago, Duke178 said:

Well this is new, not sure if it's a blip or what. My sinc version hasn't changed, but the screen layout has.

20230711_174344.jpg

20230711_174453.jpg

Auto update maybe. I remember mk4 owners getting updated without realising. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Auto update maybe. I remember mk4 owners getting updated without realising. 

This is not auto-update, this is a glitch that after you'll restart your car it'll disappear, it's definitely a bug that might be solved in the future, who knows? But seeing how slow it's ford moving with the ,,old cars", don't think we'll ever see some improvements for this car... 

1 hour ago, Chera said:

This is not auto-update, this is a glitch that after you'll restart your car it'll disappear, it's definitely a bug that might be solved in the future, who knows? But seeing how slow it's ford moving with the ,,old cars", don't think we'll ever see some improvements for this car... 

it’s sync4 yeah? Afaik it’s only in the focus and the Mustang. I’d think kuga, puma etc will get sync 4 eventually, so plenty reason for Ford to keep updating it. 

Is there enough space for the Sync4 panaroma in a Puma?  It'll be covering half the rev counter! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

Sync 4 APIM doesn't have to be connected to the big screen, it also works on the same screen size as Sync 3.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

it’s sync4 yeah? Afaik it’s only in the focus and the Mustang. I’d think kuga, puma etc will get sync 4 eventually, so plenty reason for Ford to keep updating it. 

The MachE also had Sync 4 but in portrait mode. Think they call its Sync 4A

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alexp999 said:

Sync 4 APIM doesn't have to be connected to the big screen, it also works on the same screen size as Sync 3.

I was at the dealership recently and just assumed kuga etc in there had sync3 because of the sync3 size of screen. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chera said:

Yes, you are correct, back to normal screen today. Am glad because the colours and layout were horrible 😫 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Don't think so, because they are preparing a partnership with google if I'm not afraid... Investors, Take Note: GM, Ford, And Volkswagen Are All Adopting Android Automotive (forbes.com)

So yeah, Sync4 it's dead, at least for the Focus... 😞

• Sad 1

On 7/12/2023 at 2:56 PM, Chera said:

Don't think so, because they are preparing a partnership with google if I'm not afraid... Investors, Take Note: GM, Ford, And Volkswagen Are All Adopting Android Automotive (forbes.com)

So yeah, Sync4 it's dead, at least for the Focus... 😞

I remember now Ford announced the Google deal a couple of years ago. Knowing Ford they’ll keep it quiet so they can sell all the cars built with sync. 

Just now, Alex.S said:

I remember now Ford announced the Google deal a couple of years ago. Knowing Ford they’ll keep it quiet so they can sell all the cars built with sync. 

Or knowing Google they'll discontinue Android Automotive before Ford gets to use it.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Or knowing Google they'll discontinue Android Automotive before Ford gets to use it.

Might be wrong here but afaik BMW for last few years are only compatible with Apple (?) wireless too.  The Ford -Google deal , I was told by Ford uk Apple would still work on whatever tech Google create. Seems no one can afford to alienate Apple. 
I like all this tech. 

22 hours ago, Alex.S said:

Might be wrong here but afaik BMW for last few years are only compatible with Apple (?) wireless too.  The Ford -Google deal , I was told by Ford uk Apple would still work on whatever tech Google create. Seems no one can afford to alienate Apple. 
I like all this tech. 

I have a 2020 BMW and it came standard with both wireless Carplay and AA 

8 hours ago, tomo2001 said:

I have a 2020 BMW and it came standard with both wireless Carplay and AA 

....but no indicators 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, unofix said:

....but no indicators 🤣

Actually it has, I just don't use them 😁

• 2 weeks later...

My car was in for some repairs and when it came back, I noticed the SYNC unit was updated with new software (new version: 23095 rev. 807).

Since then, the car has made a strange chime every time I start it up. It's the same "DING-DING" as when the satnav is announcing an upcoming turn or a traffic camera.
There is no info screen of any kind accompanying it.

What can it be?

It's normal that ding ding. I have since I picked up the car. Also, I have this new Sync4 23095 rev. 807 and I still don't have AA/Carplay on fullscreen and I'm starting to lose hope on Ford 

It didn't ding-ding on me before. And it doesn't even do it every time. Just another annoying 'announcement' that comes when I start up.

27 minutes ago, Don MC said:

It didn't ding-ding on me before. And it doesn't even do it every time. Just another annoying 'announcement' that comes when I start up.

Sync 3 I have. The chime for upcoming turns on Ford navigation can be switched off on there somewhere. Can’t remember where but it’s an option. I use Apple maps these days, Ford nav is just back up , has its pros and cons. Apple wins for me. If I had HUD I’d probably use it more. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club