Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

1 hour ago, WES180 said:

I remember it, the Spice Girls launched it. I was 20 yrs old, outside my mum and dad's waxing my 309GTi and went in to watch it as it had been promoted for a while that it was launching.

Now there's a car I've always wanted to own!  Especially a Goodwood in that lovely green! :biggrin:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Now there's a car I've always wanted to own!  Especially a Goodwood in that lovely green! :biggrin:

The 309 GTI I had new in 1990 spent more time in the dealers for repair than it did on the road. Amongst other things: the sunroof leaked so much you had to wear a waterproof inside the car, the glovebox lid fell off, the boot lock jammed, the driver's seat collapsed, the driver's door window glass fell down into the door......... I could go on but you get the idea! Lovely thing to drive when I got the chance, though you had to beware of the lift-off oversteer or you'd find yourself through a hedge backwards!😀

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

The 309 GTI I had new in 1990 spent more time in the dealers for repair than it did on the road. Amongst other things: the sunroof leaked so much you had to wear a waterproof inside the car, the glovebox lid fell off, the boot lock jammed, the driver's seat collapsed, the driver's door window glass fell down into the door......... I could go on but you get the idea! Lovely thing to drive when I got the chance, though you had to beware of the lift-off oversteer or you'd find yourself through a hedge backwards!😀

Tbh that sounds exactly like the 306's I had...I'm glad Peugeot learnt from thier mistakes! :laugh:

I've owned about 15 306s over the years but the first 4 cars I had were all 306s so I got used to the LOOS...  Next car I bought was a MK4 Golf with the complete opposite problem, horrific understeer! :laugh:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

You need to press your own burgers.
I was a butcher when I left school and have avoided eating processed burgers as much as I can.
A cheap press is easy to use and fresh lean steak mince is far better especially with your own preferred seasoning (a splash of tobasco is well recommended).

Sent from my SM-G965F (S9+)

You need to teach me. Would ready prepared mince be suitable? I've seen people mince the meat using a blender. What seasoning do you recommend? Yeah need to cut down, I try to make a fish finger burger once in a while. 

• Like 1

You need to teach me. Would ready prepared mince be suitable? I've seen people mince the meat using a blender. What seasoning do you recommend? Yeah need to cut down, I try to make a fish finger burger once in a while. 
5% fat mince, fresh breadcrumbs (a crusty roll broken down fine in a blender not crappy supermarket ones), rock salt, ground black pepper, fry off some mushrooms and onion to add a nice filling (not too much or the burgers go sloppy), grated cheese in the middle too.
I add either a dash of tobasco or a light sprinkle of paprika for a bit of a kick.
I find the best burger size is about 4 - 5oz, if they're too chunky they can crumble a bit before fully cooked.
Fry or grill until the cheese starts to run out a bit and they're done just right.
They go well with some sweet potato fries or suchlike. (Try some mayonaise with a dob of sweet chili sauce stirred in with them).
I guarantee they'll melt in your mouth.
The missus used to be a solid McD's type of person but she won't eat one now in favour to my homemade ones.

• Like 1

@Stoney871 just reading that made my mouth water 🤣😋. With the breadcrumbs did you coat the meat with it? Never heard of putting mushrooms and onion in the centre of the meat but sounds interesting. The cheese in the middle of the meat reminds me of Juicy Lucy burgers.

Just need to practice handling raw meat and cooking it first. 

• Like 1

Mix the breadcrumbs in with the meat as a binding agent, they also help to hold the juices in and keep the burgers moist.
If you don't like handling raw meat you could use nitrile gloves or just mix the meat and breadcrumbs in a blender and just spoon the mix into a press.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Mix the breadcrumbs in with the meat as a binding agent, they also help to hold the juices in and keep the burgers moist.
If you don't like handling raw meat you could use nitrile gloves or just mix the meat and breadcrumbs in a blender and just spoon the mix into a press.

I'm still kind of learning to cook which is why I haven't really handled a lot of meat. I've handled raw chicken and fish. Just yesterday I made a garlic paste you normally make for garlic bread and placed it on a slice of bread and made a toasted sandwich with it using the toaster. My mum made pasta bolognase and it's nice to have something crunchy on the side like garlic bread. 

Don't like clipping my wheel on one of the new kurbs they made for these stupid cycle lanes 😢😡. Before the corner was low down but now they made them high which can increase the likelyhood of it damaging the tire and causing a leak. 

2 hours ago, zain611 said:

Don't like clipping my wheel on one of the new kurbs they made for these stupid cycle lanes 😢😡. Before the corner was low down but now they made them high which can increase the likelyhood of it damaging the tire and causing a leak. 

Not good :thumbdown:

• Sad 1

I very nearly hit a deer tonight, and in swerving to avoid it nearly lost the back end!

Bit of a brown trouser moment...

16 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

I very nearly hit a deer tonight, and in swerving to avoid it nearly lost the back end!

I'm starting to loose that joy of driving. Had someone in a E90 M3 today making a huge gap behind me then go full throttle coming close behind me twice. He then went through a gap at the traffic lights to just get 3 cars in front. I actually positioned myself on the middle of the lane as there was no lane markings and I knew his intentions but something made me move over. I noticed a bit of his right wing had a odd discolouration on it plus the car was really filthy which gave me the impression the driver must of got it for cheap hence why he's not driving sensibly. 

Had a little incident. Was pulling out a side road to turn right. The car from the right was indicating to turn where I was pulling out and there was a car a little far coming from the left. Quickly pulled out and epicly failed going into second gear causing the car to rev and slow down. Saw the driver behind me had to really slow because of me 😥. Flashed my hazards in a way of saying sorry. Didn't look like he was happy by the way he passed me at the lights. Was a corsa driver so probably might of not known the difference between a general mistake and purposeful crash for cash. 

34 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

Not good :thumbdown:

Really hope it hadn't caused a leak. Probably should look at getting rim protectors or DIY wheel repair. 

9 hours ago, zain611 said:

Really hope it hadn't caused a leak. Probably should look at getting rim protectors or DIY wheel repair. 

Or, just watch where you're driving!😋

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, WES180 said:

I know lol. Don't like damaging my pride and joy 😭. This is the third or fourth time now I've clipped the wheel on a kurb when driving. Never really had kurbed it when parking. 

11 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Oh deer... :whistling: 

Hopefully the ESP saved you there, modern tech can be useful in these situations!  Deer make a hell of a mess if you do hit them, I lived out in the stix for a while and have seen quite a few deer damages.  Fortunately never hit one myself.  Although I did have a weird 'Disney' type moment driving home late one night where a whole line of around 15 deer crossed the road in front of me, jumping from thick undergrowth one side to the same on the other...  Honestly thought I was hallucinating or something, it just didn't seem real! 😮   This was before the days of dashcams as well so I had no proof either!

2 hours ago, WES180 said:

As if anyone does that these days!? :laugh:  I must admit, kerbs can be hard to judge though, there's one really high one in the centre of Ipswich on a sharp left corner joining two thin single lanes, built way before cars came along presumably...I don't know how most modern cars get around it let alone vans yet they decided to fit a really high kerb there when it was relaid.  Even taking it as wide as possible (as long as nothings coming the other way) I still end up bumping the NSR wheel over it lol.  Just don't understand why they wouldn't fit a low or even flat kerb there, accepting that people will need to drive over it.  On the plus side though, because it's a corner, at least the wheel bumps over instead of scuffing the face of the alloy.  When I bought the Golf it had just had the alloys powder coated...first time I've ever had a fresh set of alloys so been paranoid about scuffing them...but so far it's been 10 months and not marked one yet! :unsure: :biggrin: 

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Oh deer... :whistling: 

Hopefully the ESP saved you there, modern tech can be useful in these situations!  Deer make a hell of a mess if you do hit them, I lived out in the stix for a while and have seen quite a few deer damages.  Fortunately never hit one myself.

You might be right, it was on a bend at 50mph and the deer ran out at the last minute. I saw it's startled face right in front of my passenger side headlight! Fortunately as I swerved it stopped because I literally missed it by inches. Swerving out on a corner really upset the car and I was sure it was going to spin but it somehow it came back on line. Could well have been the ESP. If I'd been driving the Lotus (which has no driver aids at all) I'd probably have been in deep *****! Fortunately I still haven't hit a deer either... 

• Like 1

I don't like moving 4 slabs from one end of the garden to the other and nearly passing out!  I hadn't realised I was that unfit.  Oh well, Jack Daniel's to the rescue and then the snooker in an hour to watch John Higgins get beat...  Great, just what I need! :angry:

I don't like moving 4 slabs from one end of the garden to the other and nearly passing out!  I hadn't realised I was that unfit.  Oh well, Jack Daniel's to the rescue and then the snooker in an hour to watch John Higgins get beat...  Great, just what I need! :angry:
Yep, that Jack Daniels and sitting on the sofa watching the snooker should improve your fitness no end!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, TimST2 said:

Yep, that Jack Daniels and sitting on the sofa watching the snooker should improve your fitness no end!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Exactly my thinking!! :wink:

Joking aside I must really do something as this is getting beyond a joke.

10 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

You know you're getting old when the only snooker related Higgins you know was champion in the 70s and 80s and died 9 years ago! 🤨

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Turvey said:

You know you're getting old when the only snooker related Higgins you know was champion in the 70s and 80s and died 9 years ago! 🤨

Well to be honest this Higgins may well not be playing much more as he was already talking about retiring and after today he may well do so.

I got cold earlier and haven't been able to warm up since.  This is very unusual for me.

I don't like the wife dropping an IKEA Pax wardrobe 3 feet on to the ground while it's still in the box;

I opened it and the front corner is all mashed aswell as one of the eight foot panels split in half, that's €80 gone to waste not including fuel and I can't complete the wardrobe further until the replacement is gotten.

Currently like this now it's all squared up perfectly just needed to fit the 75cm wide cabinet in place.

20190506_153508.thumb.jpg.57516347d2e6057da44f2942e0f32f35.jpg

20190506_185504.thumb.jpg.4c15123a75928cc6eba57539b36390d5.jpg

20190506_175500.thumb.jpg.715682b8f651832a6e3c5a26863db0af.jpg

20190506_175439.thumb.jpg.a7cdfc32ffc558a95b11045348a647d8.jpg

The next step is to join in the second unif prior to fitting drawer rails of shelves 

1401513628_Screenshot_20190506-213015_WriteonPDF.thumb.jpg.241ffde9a610c876723d4fd6cda67182.jpg

298136557_Screenshot_20190506-213032_WriteonPDF.thumb.jpg.7a92587870981dd7ea7b7f16410f0898.jpg

• Like 1

Lenny, did you get it delivered? How do you know it wasn't already smashed inside the box? I would be making a phone call to Ikea before shelling out another €80.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club