Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

Yikes! Well our plumbing is less than a year old and high spec - at least the boilers, water tank, pumps etc are... The thermostat although wireless and digital WAS good... Until it decided that it was going to make up numbers for the temperature...

Is it mains or batterybattery might be low?

I've got a digital external thermometer linked to a 'weather station' (yes, I'm cool haha) and that seems to be reading about 2 or 3c too high from about 2 months ago, got no idea why or how that's happened but it is a few years old now. :s

Is it mains or battery?  Battery might be low?

I've got a digital external thermometer linked to a 'weather station' (yes, I'm cool haha) and that seems to be reading about 2 or 3c too high from about 2 months ago, got no idea why or how that's happened but it is a few years old now. :s

It's battery, but I just replaced the batteries about 4-5 days ago... Got me puzzled, unless I'm just feeling cooler than usual (bug?) I mean it reckons it's about 15 degrees in the hallway, which I guess isn't THAT warm anyway... We keep it on about 13.5-15 currently as it's a big place and only 2 of us living here while we're renovating...

It was definitely wrong in the kitchen but maybe if I left it in there for 10-20 mins it'd level out...

That's cool about the external thermometer, it's all quite interesting to me :)

I don't like not knowing exactly how much I will be paid, therefore not being able to make full plans... 

False confidence from Haynes manuals making things look a lot easier than they actually are

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chemfusion said:

False confidence from Haynes manuals making things look a lot easier than they actually are

so does a lot of rust:smile:

1 hour ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like not knowing exactly how much I will be paid, therefore not being able to make full plans... 

This irritates the hell out of me, usually I work it out as I used to hand in time sheets, so I could tally it all up, now we have a clocking in machine and he now pays by the minute, ain't no chance I'm working all that out lol.  I usually just hope and pray now.  Usually have to go into Cheryl's bank anyway, 

12 minutes ago, Preecematt said:

This irritates the hell out of me, usually I work it out as I used to hand in time sheets, so I could tally it all up, now we have a clocking in machine and he now pays by the minute, ain't no chance I'm working all that out lol.  I usually just hope and pray now.  Usually have to go into Cheryl's bank anyway, 

It's not even that.  One colleague got their payslip today and it was over £300 SHORT (overtime not paid), another £400 short (no logical reason!) and another got overpaid. 

So not sure whether I'll be pleasantly surprised or raging come tomorrow morning.

I don't like:sad:, in fact it's stronger than a don't like:furious:, that I'll now have spend a disproportionate amount of time; which I don't really have to spare, building yet another case against a planning application, that was categorically refused two years ago (unanimously by the planning committee).  Now it's back, having been resubmitted with only the angle of the roof different and it's gained even more windows!

My next door neighbour wants to put an industrial warehouse sized alleged garage and summer house, but it looks remarkably like a second house, that could so easily end with a change of use once it's up, along with severing of it's plot, should they manage to get it passed this time.  Which everyone else neighbour wise fears it is it's intended purpose.

Not keen at all on the new forum. It's too complicated to navigate round. 

I used to visit this forum everyday. It's just too messy....

Sorry guys that updated it. 

I really want to stay in touch with this forum. It's the only forum I'm on. It's just not as fun/easy to navigate round anymore. The ford app just is a no go. Nothing loads up. I've deleted it. Re-installed it. Just does not work... 

It was perfect for when I had time to kill before work on breaks, or even if the girlfriend gets boring 😉

I know I've mentioned this before. Personally, I'd like the old setup back. Or at least an option between the two? If that makes sense. No disrespect to the guys that have done the job. It's fantastic. It looks great. I just feel it's too complicated if you will? 

The other one seemed to be more well laid out. 

7 minutes ago, Cookey09 said:

Not keen at all on the new forum. It's too complicated to navigate round. 

I used to visit this forum everyday. It's just too messy....

Sorry guys that updated it. 

I really want to stay in touch with this forum. It's the only forum I'm on. It's just not as fun/easy to navigate round anymore. The ford app just is a no go. Nothing loads up. I've deleted it. Re-installed it. Just does not work... 

It was perfect for when I had time to kill before work on breaks, or even if the girlfriend gets boring 😉

I know I've mentioned this before. Personally, I'd like the old setup back. Or at least an option between the two? If that makes sense. No disrespect to the guys that have done the job. It's fantastic. It looks great. I just feel it's too complicated if you will? 

The other one seemed to be more well laid out. 

Unless they have switched forum providers then it should be possible to have a feature to switch between old and new set-ups.  I fear the provider may have changed though, hence the major overhaul and change of look.

sorry web builders but i have to agree, make it complicated and members wont bother with it,i think it now takes twice as long to scan topics

• Like 1

I don't like trying to explain something to somebody who just won't accept the facts.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ianb said:

I don't like that our wireless thermostat is being a Johnson! Apparently in our kitchen it's 16 degrees, which I find extremely hard to believe as it would mean the house would be an extra 3-4 degrees warmer at 19-20 degrees which is horse manure! Also kitchen thermometer shows its 11 degrees too!

13 hours ago, Preecematt said:

Is your a Worcester Group one?  Ours is & it's a pain in the backside, half the time it doesn't turn off the other half it doesn't turn on.  We have ours set at between 15-20, it's not that hot though

Oddly enough I was reading reviews of various wireless thermostats earlier, as I was thinking it would pretty useful to replace mine with one. 

Amongst those reviews was this hilarious one on amazon, praising it among other things, as a weapon against an ex:lol:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R3IMEYJFO6YWHD

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like trying to explain something to somebody who just won't accept the facts.

Customer or one of the idiotic "See You Next Tuesdays"?

I don't like the extent of the gale and driving rain, I'm going to have go out in shortly, for Brandy's evening stroll.

At least she'll keep her head and part of her nose dry with her lampshade: I'm going to get quite wet:sad:

I don't like that, I buy Cheryl everything she wants, pretty much when she wants it.  Infact I go out of my way etc etc etc.  But she won't buy me a project car.  What a tight cow, stick a lump of coal up her backside, tweak and it'd be a diamond.  Right under the thumb here man and I'm marrying this

I don't like the look of my bank balance...  Thank goodness it will change in the next few hours!

bank.png.2ab0ccf38edb6eb459ef369498b2ce0

1 hour ago, GMX said:

Customer or one of the idiotic "See You Next Tuesdays"?

I don't like the extent of the gale and driving rain, I'm going to have go out in shortly, for Brandy's evening stroll.

At least she'll keep her head and part of her nose dry with her lampshade: I'm going to get quite wet:sad:

Worse - family :wallbash:

• Like 1

After getting stuck in the mud t'other day, I've been looking at Land Rovers...

I really, really want one...

But they're so expensive!!  

To buy one for the same price that I paid for my Focus in 2012, I'm looking at a car around 10 years old...

To get one the same age as my Focus, I'm looking at nearly £20k for a Disco!

I WANT ONE!!! :sad:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SeanW said:

To buy one for the same price that I paid for my Focus in 2012, I'm looking at a car around 10 years old...

Yep, Land Rovers are pricey!  A Focus with good tyres (M+S if you plan on driving through mud frequently) is more than enough though, in my opinion. 

• Like 1

I don't like having a cat that is worse than a child!  She meows and meows for food, pacing back and forth in the area of her food bowl, so I obediently give her some food.  One sniff and she stops meowing and wanders off to go to sleep.

She'll go back and eat it in an hour or two, but I don't understand her thinking - I really don't.  Is she really hungry and decides to bugger off anyway or is she preempting me forgetting to feed her and consequently pining for food before she actually needs it?

I'm confused :unsure:

I don't like having a cat that is worse than a child!  She meows and meows for food, pacing back and forth in the area of her food bowl, so I obediently give her some food.  One sniff and she stops meowing and wanders off to go to sleep.

She'll go back and eat it in an hour or two, but I don't understand her thinking - I really don't.  Is she really hungry and decides to bugger off anyway or is she preempting me forgetting to feed her and consequently pining for food before she actually needs it?

I'm confused :unsure:

Cat + garden = peace

Yep, Land Rovers are pricey!  A Focus with good tyres (M+S if you plan on driving through mud frequently) is more than enough though, in my opinion. 

Noo, I don't intend on doing it regularly :lol:

Still want one though...have done for years lol

Before that big snowfall in 2010, there were some real bargains to be had in the LR World. Not any more lol

Two things that annoy the pea eye double ess out of me:

People who park on the roadside who are unable to straighten their wheels! I think the law should allow trucks to drive down the roads and rip each wheel off without getting in trouble....

Second thing is poor signal phone calls, even if it's not me, it drives me bat **** crazy hearing people say "hello? hello? hello? Helloooooooo?" it makes me want to smash their phone to pieces! - I suspect I have an anger issue in that department...

• Like 2

In 2016 we should really have enough phone masts by now lol...  Other peoples phone calls annoy me anyway though, why do they have to speak so loudly and always about personal topics I really don't want to hear about at 9am in the supermarket... :s  

My don't like for the morning is one law for us and another for them...  I live close to a police station and most are fine...but this morning, fully signed police car pulled out on me on the dually because he couldn't be bothered to wait behind a truck while I passed, didn't make any attempt to speed up forcing me to brake, stayed in the right hand lane at 60 (70mph road) once the left had become clear, then very slowly accelerated to more than 80 after about a mile...  No blues on, didn't appear to be following anyone, cannot work it out myself, if it'd been the other way round I can guess the end result lol.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club