Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

@TomsFocus don't for the love of god use any balm infused tissues on anything but your nose :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I don't like waking up at 3am wanting to rip my arms off because they won't stop 'vibrating' for want of a better word!

I don't even know if it's real or if I'm imagining it, I guess it's not actually painful but really uncomfortable.  Has happened a few times lately, tried stretching them, massaging them, lowering them, elevating them, heating them, cooling them...nothing makes any difference.  Am I just going mad or does anyone else experience this!? :unsure: 

I thought it was caused by lifting something 'heavy' 2 days earlier as it seemed to be most common after shopping, but I took a trolley this week so cant be that!  And I'm sure it can't be the 2 mile drive there and back!  If it was, surely my legs would have the same issue as I'm using them a lot less than arms atm!

• Confused 1

Sounds stress related to me.
Maybe the subconscious thought of going out amongst potentially "unclean" virus carriers is causing anxiety?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Sounds stress related to me.
Maybe the subconscious thought of going out amongst potentially "unclean" virus carriers is causing anxiety?

That's what I get told by every medical professional I see for anything...surely not every problem I have can be stress related! :laugh:  

This particular issue seems to happen a couple of days after the event though, I'm only shopping once a week, not going anywhere else due to the risk of the virus, not even for a walk.  I will admit I'm having much more noticeable anxiety symptoms before shopping visits now.  The evening before a shopping visit I'm really 'on edge', tense, shaky and short of breath etc just watching Antiques Roadshow or whatever, then unsettled stomach all night and straight in the loo urgently the next morning.   I used to get like this before car shows, I never thought a weekly Tesco visit would cause it!

Once the kids start going back to school and parents can go back to work I'm hoping that open spaces will be a bit less crowded so I can try and get out and about a bit more again.  If that doesn't work I'll have to take up drink or drugs to relieve the anxiety! :laugh: 

• Like 1

To put the virus situation into context-
I'm not particularly fit, smoke too much, work in an environment where I'm in constant contact with the "great unwashed" plus my wife is a nurse in a red zone.
We were both tested on tuesday as my wife was ordered to do so by a doctor (so therefore I had to as well - not the most pleasant experience tbh) and we're both clear.
My point here is that, if two people that are practically throwing themselves into the petri-dish that is the current outside world are still clear, then your weekly trip risk factor is extremely low (normal distancing and personal preventative measures being maintained of course).

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

To put the virus situation into context-
I'm not particularly fit, smoke too much, work in an environment where I'm in constant contact with the "great unwashed" plus my wife is a nurse in a red zone.
We were both tested on tuesday as my wife was ordered to do so by a doctor (so therefore I had to as well - not the most pleasant experience tbh) and we're both clear.
My point here is that, if two people that are practically throwing themselves into the petri-dish that is the current outside world are still clear, then your weekly trip risk factor is extremely low (normal distancing and personal preventative measures being maintained of course).

Me: That seems perfectly reasonable... 🤔

My anxiety: BUT WHAT IF YOU DO GET IT.... 😱

• Like 1

Me: That seems perfectly reasonable... [emoji848]
My anxiety: BUT WHAT IF YOU DO GET IT.... [emoji33]

Totally understand.
Anxiety and phobias must be hard to live with on a daily basis.
I'm lucky not to have such maladies but do have mild OCD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Me: That seems perfectly reasonable... 🤔

My anxiety: BUT WHAT IF YOU DO GET IT.... 😱

1 hour ago, Stoney871 said:

Totally understand.
Anxiety and phobias must be hard to live with on a daily basis.
I'm lucky not to have such maladies but do have mild OCD.

It really is hard to live with Stoney. It prevents me and so many others from doing things that other people do every day and take for granted. 
The virus has made things so much worse. If you've seen how Sheldon reacts to illnesses in the big bang theory then you might understand a little bit about how those with contamination based fears/ocd have to cope or how they don't cope. 
It's so difficult not being able to see family or friends because you're just too scared that you'll bring an illness into the home and it will hurt you. 

• Like 3

@TomsFocus not just a muscle spasm perhaps? The idea of vibrating arms though sounds like something from a 'deluxe mannequin' like the ones they had in the crowds of South Korean football matches :laughing: .

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Zico said:

@TomsFocus not just a muscle spasm perhaps? The idea of vibrating arms though sounds like something from a 'deluxe mannequin' like the ones they had in the crowds of South Korean football matches :laughing: .

Lol, vibrating isn't the right word...but I don't think I have a word in my vocabulary to describe it, it's just such a weird feeling!  Maybe tingling is a better word but it's not like pins & needles either...I regularly wake up with a dead arm from laying on it so know what pins and needles would be like...(and how heavy my arm is actually is without it's own propulsion system functioning! 😮 ).  Also not a muscle spasm or cramp, it doesn't move, it doesn't want to move, it just sits there feeling weird!

Didn't happen last night fortunately, though that relief was short lived when I walked though to the bathroom and sat on the loo this morning, blew my nose and triggered a massive nosebleed instead. :rolleyes:  Why can't bodies just work properly ffs!? :laugh: 

• Like 1

Help......
When I send a eBay message i get "sending messages" then "message sent" stop on my S10 phone for a good minute or more and its driving me mad as it covers the keyboard or something your looking at.
Any help on this.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I don't like getting in the Passat after leaving it parked for 6 days to be greeted with a really slow 2-3 cranks then "click click click"! :angry:

That battery is only 17 months old so I'm leaning towards an excessive drain somewhere, as I did suspect it had when I first got the car and it would do that after only 24 hours, but after a load test it showed the battery was weak so replaced that and no problems for 17 months - UNTIL NOW!

I've put it on charge so hopefully given it wasn't totally flat I can start it in a couple of hours and get out for my shopping and what I had planned to do, but now my schedule is totally off.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like getting in the Passat after leaving it parked for 6 days to be greeted with a really slow 2-3 cranks then "click click click"! :angry:

That battery is only 17 months old so I'm leaning towards an excessive drain somewhere, as I did suspect it had when I first got the car and it would do that after only 24 hours, but after a load test it showed the battery was weak so replaced that and no problems for 17 months - UNTIL NOW!

I've put it on charge so hopefully given it wasn't totally flat I can start it in a couple of hours and get out for my shopping and what I had planned to do, but now my schedule is totally off.

had same on mine ended up with new battery good luck hope it charges ok👍

14 minutes ago, dezwez said:

had same on mine ended up with new battery good luck hope it charges ok👍

Yeah hence I replaced it last January and had no issues until now, but then again I never left it parked more than a few days until now.

I got my motorbike out yesterday and it did the same. It’s on charge now as I think I’ll go out later on once it’s cool enough to squeeze into a leather power ranger suit...

• Like 2

I've been worrying about my battery since before lockdown...don't know how old it is, presumably not original as I bought it on 94k.

However it's been fine so far on a single weekly drive, even the SS works as it should...but 3 relatives have now had a battery fail during lockdown!  They all drive a lot more than me too! :unsure: Most worryingly is one failed after a 10 mile drive after initially starting the car!

I am a bit obsessive about not wasting any battery though, I don't leave the ignition on any longer than the glow plug light, always make sure windows are closed before switching off the engine, don't leave the stereo on when parked etc...   Oh and I always lock the car as soon as I'm done using it! :laugh:

Maybe all of those little savings add up...or maybe I've just been lucky so far!  I'm intending to start driving more again now, so will be annoyed if it does fail on Monday morning before my final 'total lockdown' shopping trip!

23 minutes ago, The Finance Guy said:

I got my motorbike out yesterday and it did the same. It’s on charge now as I think I’ll go out later on once it’s cool enough to squeeze into a leather power ranger suit...

lol 😂

• Like 1

Looks more like a gimp suit [emoji6]

d6f3c376b915bd8b3060ebdf7f290328.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Looks more like a gimp suit emoji6.png

d6f3c376b915bd8b3060ebdf7f290328.jpg

Where did you get that picture of me?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/29/2020 at 11:58 AM, jace1969 said:

Help......
When I send a ebay message i get "sending messages" then "message sent" stop on my S10 phone for a good minute or more and its driving me mad as it covers the keyboard or something your looking at.
Any help on this.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Are you saying that the messages are stuck/frozen on the screen or just that they appear over the top? It could be something under the settings and notifications that could be turned off. Some app notifications appear as popups or banners on the screens and Android usually allows you to set individual app notification settings if there is nothing under the actual app settings.

On 5/28/2020 at 9:27 AM, TomsFocus said:

I don't like waking up at 3am wanting to rip my arms off because they won't stop 'vibrating' for want of a better word!

I don't even know if it's real or if I'm imagining it, I guess it's not actually painful but really uncomfortable.  Has happened a few times lately, tried stretching them, massaging them, lowering them, elevating them, heating them, cooling them...nothing makes any difference.  Am I just going mad or does anyone else experience this!? :unsure: 

I thought it was caused by lifting something 'heavy' 2 days earlier as it seemed to be most common after shopping, but I took a trolley this week so cant be that!  And I'm sure it can't be the 2 mile drive there and back!  If it was, surely my legs would have the same issue as I'm using them a lot less than arms atm!

Could be tremors. No definite answer to why its happening as there are many things which can cause that for example thyroid disorders. I'd think either stress on that part from exercise or could be anxiety. 

• Like 1

I wish everything can go back to normal. Parents had a bit of a nasty argument as mum went moody towards dad yesterday and today morning and dad just had enough with it. 

Some reason when dad shouts I just start getting a feeling of crying which I hate. Luckily didn't let that happen. I'm already going through enough as it is such as worried about life after uni and that girl I'm trying to move from. 

• Sad 3

No caption needed. Two days after I washed the thing....this belongs Firmly in this thread 

D67AF56E-A1EB-4DA7-AFE3-3298A7329115.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Finance Guy said:

No caption needed. Two days after I washed the thing....this belongs Firmly in this thread 

D67AF56E-A1EB-4DA7-AFE3-3298A7329115.jpeg

At least its on the windscreen and not the paint. I'm more happy when this is the case as I don't have to worry about scratches as glass is hard to scratch 

• Like 2

I don't like joining the 'Flat Battery' gang!

Was going to take the Focus out for a run today as it hasn't had a decent run for a couple of weeks and all I got was the clicking starter 🙄

battery on charge now for the night. If only I had left it where it had been sitting, on the road at the end of the drive, I could have bump started it but I shifted it last week to the carpark down the road (1 minutes walk so not too bad) 

• Sad 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club