Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

2 hours ago, The Finance Guy said:

No caption needed. Two days after I washed the thing....this belongs Firmly in this thread 

D67AF56E-A1EB-4DA7-AFE3-3298A7329115.jpeg

Tbf, that's an impressive shot! :biggrin:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Tbf, that's an impressive shot! :biggrin:

I washed the diesel focus today as well - if there’s a similar one on that in the next few days I will know there’s a particular bird who has it in for me. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I don't like joining the 'Flat Battery' gang!

Was going to take the Focus out for a run today as it hasn't had a decent run for a couple of weeks and all I got was the clicking starter 🙄

Battery on charge now for the night. If only I had left it where it had been sitting, on the road at the end of the drive, I could have bump started it but I shifted it last week to the carpark down the road (1 minutes walk so not too bad) 

I recommend a Bosch S5 from Royal Batteries on amazon if you end up charging it; there shipping from London throughout lockdown, which was absolutely great for me as although im only 2 minutes walking distance from my nearest Bosch stockist; he wasn't open or answering the phone; shipped a battery from the uk via an uk address service got here in three days and I'm rolling again; badly needed as my work hasn't stopped throughout lockdown due to it being manufacturing pharmaceuticals 

@Lenny the battery's only a couple of years old, hopefully I won't have to buy a new one! It'll probably double the value of the car if I did! 😆

• Haha 2

I am absolutely disgusted by the actions of people in this country. Many defied lockdown rules and now rules have eased a little, are driving hundreds of miles for days out (countryside or beach), leaving an absolute mess. Some people have no respect.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52867696

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

I am absolutely disgusted by the actions of people in this country. Many defied lockdown rules and now rules have eased a little, are driving hundreds of miles for days out (countryside or beach), leaving an absolute mess. Some people have no respect.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52867696

Bound to happen mate! Give an inch and they'll take a mile! Prepare for the second.... and maybe third spike! 🙄

• Like 1

It's absolutely disgusting though. I do hope that we have to have a proper full on lockdown like other countries did. It won't bother me much because I barely go out anyway. 

6 hours ago, Turvey said:

I don't like joining the 'Flat Battery' gang!

Was going to take the Focus out for a run today as it hasn't had a decent run for a couple of weeks and all I got was the clicking starter 🙄

Battery on charge now for the night. If only I had left it where it had been sitting, on the road at the end of the drive, I could have bump started it but I shifted it last week to the carpark down the road (1 minutes walk so not too bad) 

To be honest since my driveway is on a slope downhill and I live on a hill I could have rolled it out of the driveway and bump started it, but being a VW I didn't trust it to start even then and didn't want to end up with it stuck at the bottom of the hill still not running :laugh:

On the plus side trying to start it with the low battery then charging it cured the "parking brake failure" warning on the dashboard, so provided I don't use the parking brake again I can pretend there's nothing wrong... :confused:

4 hours ago, Turvey said:

@Lenny the battery's only a couple of years old, hopefully I won't have to buy a new one! It'll probably double the value of the car if I did! 😆

Same here!  Although there must be something draining mine as it got a 3 mile drive last time I parked it which I know isn't much but should have been sufficient to keep it charged for 6 days...

12 hours ago, Nick Y said:

It's absolutely disgusting though. I do hope that we have to have a proper full on lockdown like other countries did. It won't bother me much because I barely go out anyway. 

We sadly live in a world where there is becoming more stupid. Honestly the number of impatient drivers out there and people on public transport. Yesterday I had a guy in his Chelsea tractor overtake me on a slip road just when it was joining the dual carriageway. Could of just waited an exact second to stay behind then overtake once on the carriageway. 

• Like 1

Thought I'd like the rise in rental property videos due to Covid19...but I'm not so sure now.  Why does this look like The Blair Witch Project!? :unsure: :laugh:  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

Thought I'd like the rise in rental property videos due to Covid19...but I'm not so sure now.  Why does this look like The Blair Witch Project!? :unsure: :laugh:  

It does doesn't it!  Plus the size inside good grief I'm not claustrophobic but that would drive me insane.  Also the video quality is awful, like it's either being filmed on an old flip phone from 2010 or they've smeared Vaseline on the lens!!

• Haha 1

@TomsFocus I'm confused! One bedroom/two bathrooms? And also it's described as a 'detached house' yet the outside shot shows 2 garages side by side suggesting semi-detached. And yes @jmurray01 very pokey and claustrophobic! And finally! £600 a month! 😳 I really don't envy the price you have to pay for property down there. 

23 minutes ago, Turvey said:

@TomsFocus I'm confused! One bedroom/two bathrooms? And also it's described as a 'detached house' yet the outside shot shows 2 garages side by side suggesting semi-detached. And yes @jmurray01 very pokey and claustrophobic! And finally! £600 a month! 😳 I really don't envy the price you have to pay for property down there. 

Yeah, I can't understand the layout either...why does the kitchen have it's own ensuite!? :unsure:   Get rid of that and you could actually fit a fridge in the kitchen without walking into it every time you come through the door. :laugh:  I wouldn't want a downstairs kitchen/upstairs lounge anyway though, I'd be forever tripping up the stairs dropping my dinner everywhere! :rolleyes:  Plus the huge bedroom but tiny lounge seems a little weird too...

£600 a month isn't bad for a totally self contained 1 bed flat near the town centre tbf, especially with a garage and enclosed 'garden' as well.  On paper it looks like exactly what I'm looking for...no communal entrance, separate bedroom, garage and garden...and I would be happy to pay £600pcm for something fitting that criteria....if it was in a better location, without such a daft layout and with a bigger garden lol.  I know I've got to compromise somewhere though... 🤔

I quite like the look of something like this...expect those dangerous stairs...  I get fairly regular wobbly/dizzy spells so I'm not sure an spiral staircase would work!  Garden looks lovely though...  But check out the streetview image...somehow the front garden looks huge on the picture but tiny on Streetview!  Makes me wonder if the rest of the house is smaller than it looks.  It's also too far out of Ipswich for me at the moment sadly, but that's why it's a bit cheaper.

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/to-rent/details/55070600?utm_source=alert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=tr-daily&utm_content=mainbody&t26=cons_6140_price_drop_alerts-price_drop&utm_medium=email&responsys_campaign_id=zoopla.2157342&responsys_riid=326076382&responsys_launch_id=1828182

https://goo.gl/maps/hFUSGgsKm6nxPWRS7

• Like 1

I like the look of that one 👍 I think it's Streetview making it look small as opposed to the actual pics making it look big....if you know what I mean. Have a look at the fence panels to get an idea of size 😉

But if it's in the wrong area there's no point thinking about it either, but no harm in looking.

• Like 1

Looks like a decent size garden on the satellite pics 😎

Screenshot_20200605-152157.png

• Like 1

True...there seems to be a weird perspective issue on both Street view and the pics! :laugh:

As I say though, wrong location sadly...I am getting daily email alerts from Zoopla, OnTheMarket and Rightmove so hopefully something suitable will pop up soon!

I don't like someone parking right next to my car when the car park is barely a quarter full, I'd already parked on an end to reduce the chances by 50%.
Why?? you've got 100 spaces to chose and you put your drivers door next to my car ffs.... 😠
They turned up as I was loading boot, yes it was a woman lol.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, RAIDER32 said:

I don't like someone parking right next to my car when the car park is barely a quarter full, I'd already parked on an end to reduce the chances by 50%.
Why?? you've got 100 spaces to chose and you put your drivers door next to my car ffs.... 😠

Always the way :wallbash:

• Like 1

I don't like that there's no daily briefing today...been looking forward to it all day as well! :rolleyes:

Apparently they're no longer going to do them at the weekends.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I don't like that there's no daily briefing today...been looking forward to it all day as well! :rolleyes:

They're probably all too busy "testing their eyes" to do briefings... :wink3:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I wonder if it's so no-one can ask awkward questions? Such as:

Was the quarantine thing introduced to cover up the fall out from Dominic Cummings eye test?

And - After 3 months of telling us there's not really a benefit to face masks, have they now been made compulsory on public transport to cover up the fall out from the quarantine row?

and so on........

• Like 3

Anyone have any advise about headlight condensation? Any way of preventing it? Drove the car today and can see the condensation inside the headlights with an area which looks to be frost. After coming home the headlights did remove a bit of the condensation. What I really don't want is there being mineral deposits from the water evaporating

Screenshot_20200606-230146.png

Did the headlights have the rubber breather valves on them?
If not would the ones from the original lights swap over?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Did the headlights have the rubber breather valves on them?
If not would the ones from the original lights swap over?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The back of these headlights are different and dont have those dust covers like the original. There are I believe little holes in certain areas on the back which probably might be the culprit. I just hope there isn't no marks left behind after the water evaporates. Was also a thunderstorm out there during late afternoon which might of caused it

Screenshot_20200527-102143.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club