Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

Managed to get a picture in the car park. 

DSC_0488.JPG

• Like 2

On 7/10/2018 at 1:39 PM, zain611 said:

Managed to get a picture in the car park. 

DSC_0488.JPG

Looks mint 👍

• Like 1

My new whip 😀 Berg Duo Chopper BF 

Bought for my kids Saoirse, Kara and Tadhg reason why the fake registration plate says SKT
And even I can fit on it myself I'm 6ft 1" seat is adjustable lol 

Great fun 
Smiles per gallon 
purchased from 

came three box's on a pallet from berg in the Netherlands 
20180717_094810.jpg.6e96632153b08f8310a5d4cb5dbcc6dd.jpg
20180714_175354_capture.jpg.f3c90ed896b5f1e714ecbb8dac0ebf14.jpg20180714_175411_capture.jpg.e0e749b74950a2b036c49af545179c25.jpg

I be driving around like:

• Like 2

I do like having a Mk7 Fiesta ST as the courtesy car while my Mk8 is in for the AC to be (hopefully) fixed. 😁

• Like 2

Autobeam are doing a sale at the moment for ford fair. Tempted to get the switchback H11 fog lights as they are reduced from £35 to £30 but then thinking I have to spend money on my fish tank. 

10 minutes ago, zain611 said:

Autobeam are doing a sale at the moment for ford fair. Tempted to get the switchback H11 fog lights as they are reduced from £35 to £30 but then thinking I have to spend money on my fish tank. 

H11s are sold out so that'll make the decision easier lol! :biggrin: 

Noticed the lights are shocking on my latest car so looking for some replacements...I can't justify £30 on a pair of H7s though! 😮  Probably going to try Phillips WhiteVision for ~£17 with free matching sidelights.

9 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

H11s are sold out so that'll make the decision easier lol! :biggrin: 

Noticed the lights are shocking on my latest car so looking for some replacements...I can't justify £30 on a pair of H7s though! 😮  Probably going to try Phillips WhiteVision for ~£17 with free matching sidelights.

The performance H11 are sold out but not the switchback versions. These are LEDs I forgot to mention. If MOT rules stop me from having HIDs I'd get the Philips white vision. Hardly use my main beams as its getting darker late. 

• Like 1

Finally getting rain after many, many weeks of heat and being uncomfortable. The temperature is bearable again in my flat. 

29 minutes ago, Nick Y said:

Finally getting rain after many, many weeks of heat and being uncomfortable. The temperature is bearable again in my flat. 

My Flat seems to have retained all of the heat despite a whole night of rain and cooler temps! :unsure:   And having massive South facing French doors the sun is beaming in again...it's still over 30c in here this morning.  The rain stopped half an hour ago but has already dried on the pavement and carpark...must admit, the beading on the cars was worth the hours spent waxing them though! :biggrin: 

8 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

My Flat seems to have retained all of the heat despite a whole night of rain and cooler temps! :unsure:   And having massive South facing French doors the sun is beaming in again...it's still over 30c in here this morning.  The rain stopped half an hour ago but has already dried on the pavement and carpark...must admit, the beading on the cars was worth the hours spent waxing them though! :biggrin: 

My flat does the same thing. Sauna in summer, igloo in winter. I know that my flat has not been below 28c inside in recent weeks and it still isn't below that now, despite the window being wide open and a fan blowing air through. 
It's stopped raining here too and is drying off. It's supposed to rain again later this afternoon here and give us some thunder and lighting (which is a thing I don't like, lol). 
I do like seeing the beading of water on the cars too.

• Like 1

My dream car. The owner spent around £11k for the black series body kit. A real one of these is going for £400k

Screenshot_20180728-122858.png

Screenshot_20180728-122936.png

• Like 1

For the past few days I've been busy emptying my room out. Managed to get the fish tank downstairs along with my bed. 15331196568831953465795.thumb.jpg.04b1dfd020efb70a8602637ef7cf862b.jpg

Room is completely empty now. Dad has made some drawings on the ceiling to mark where the spotlights will be. Just have to see that the beams in the loft don't get in the way 

15331197198671801046512.jpg

15331197777321979634923.jpg

1533119803199282552512.jpg

• Like 1

Also got the new tank out now sitting on the cabinet. Can't wait to set it up. 

1533120533931523800448.jpg

• Like 1

Things I like?

- My beautiful gorgeous baby car

- Whiskey, vodka, and any high percentage alcoholic beverage 

- Payday 

- The Ford Owners Club forum 

- Twisty country roads 

- County Durham 

- Women 

The list goes on haha

• Like 3

I like watermelon. In fact I could eat my body weight in watermelon if I tried 🍉🍉!!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Zico said:

I like watermelon. In fact I could eat my body weight in watermelon if I tried 🍉🍉!!

Best thing to have during this hot weather. Love a watery watermelon. Mangos are also nice. 

• Like 1

Please forgive for this...

...the new van - the Vivaro...

It's so much nicer than the Vauxhall cars I've been in recently.  

Drove it home from Weymouth and even after being sat behind the wheel for a few hours, I was still able to get out and walk with ease.  The mk3/3.5 Focus I drove part way down was not as comfy to drive (I was in agony after driving it for an hour).

The Vivaro isn't half bad! Sure, it's missing some of the toys the Mondeo had (heated windscreen, auto lights & wipers, dual-zone climate control and push button start) but it has the essentials - bluetooth, cruise control/speed limiter and a good-enough sound system.

The 1.6 engine is spritely enough (I haven't had the van fully laden, and probably never will) whilst still returning a reasonable MPG.  Scunthorpe to Weymouth on about 35 litres of diesel.  Only a couple more than the Mondeo.

Yeah, there are some things that I miss about the Mondeo, but on the whole I am happy with the van!

It also received its first stickers yesterday...just prior to swapping to Clare's plates (goes better with the company name)

20180804_105039.jpg

20180804_105239.jpg

20180804_105254.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I do like christening my recently received personalised Tennents pint glass 😎

IMG_20180809_173125117_HDR.jpg

• Like 3

Finding that Haynes seems to be right!

Haynes manuals come in for a lot of stick, often justified. The manuals on modern cars miss out many important details, and are sometimes wrong. But the job for the writers is really almost impossible now on these complex beasts. Haynes remains the best, and sometimes only, published reference.

In my annual overhaul, I saw that the rear bushes on the front wishbones looked decidedly dodgy. Bushes cost about £35 a pair, but need a press or something to replace on the wishbone. But complete wishbones (control arms) seem to be only about £55 to £75 a pair, and are just a bolt on job (plus a tracking check I suppose).

However that leads to the ridiculous 21mm/18mm ball joint problem, with seemingly no reliable date ranges or anything else to say which is on a car. Measuring it needs the ball joint to be separated. Not much fun, just for a check. But Haynes said the gaiters are colour coded, blue = big, yellow = small.

Well I did not have much confidence in this! But as the car was still up on stands, with the wheels not torqued up, it was worth a look. All I could see was a mass of black gunk, I had never noticed a colour. But I applied a little alcohol, and wiped the top of the gaiter. Lo, a bright blue ring appeared!

I Just have to hope that Haynes have got the code right now, if I order the 21mm version.

I also like getting my screen washer back working. I have been relying on a hand held spray bottle for months now. No, I have not tried using it on a Motorway by holding it out of the window :laugh:. The old pump turned out to be full of wash fluid. New pump was a princely £7.99. The labour was a bit monstrous, but that was free.

Also done: oil & Filter, front brakes serviced (de-rust, clean, grease pins, test, etc), Scuttle drain hose extended so it does not drip water on the steering gear and sub-frame, nor get tangled in the aux belt (it was very close), Hoover out and straighten radiator fins, fix broken pipe to MAP sensor, clean (& order new) lower intercooler air hose (split last autumn, and bandaged since), clean oil separator, locate Turbo actuator PWM signal and attach a wire to it for monitoring, phosphate and Waxoyl wings and sub-frame etc, and a few more jobs. Ah, the joys of keeping an older car going!

Oh, and removed a bucket full of dried cow pooh from inside the engine bay and suspension. It had sprayed the bulkhead up to above the heater pipes, and had even blocked all the ventilation slots in one disk.  It is a wonder it did not catch fire! That was due to an event in March. Going though a little brown puddle of water in the dark, that turned out not to be water :ohmy:. And not quite so little. The car smelt of cows for weeks after!!!

CAR-BJ-1.JPG

• Like 2

@Tdci-Peter need to get my service done. MOT is due in September. I remember my dad having old Haynes manual on old cars and he put them in a train station standing up. Funny thing was his friend send him a picture of it saying what is this.

Went asda yesterday and parked on the second floor away from everyone. Saw so many wondering trolleys near the lifts which is why I'd park far away from there. Do get tempted to wheel spin as the material on the ground just makes the wheels screech. 

_20180811_110319.JPG

_20180811_110417.JPG

• Haha 1

Building a cottage with the kids for there fairy door,

I've put 100 soft white (yellowish) fairy lights coiled together inside powered by a solar panel which is mounted on the roof,

20180811_211538.jpg

the chimney works when you put an incense stick inside the house and it has a sattelite dish on the chimney👍

20180811_211550.jpg

20180814_095053.thumb.jpg.22dbb7c6229a448fc9ed3c1846fb657a.jpg

20180814_095300.thumb.jpg.aa0b347b69d0527c60abf0c5f8aba8b0.jpg

20180807_135815.jpg

Night shots 

20180816_213627.thumb.jpg.a96a2c88f9594c5336cfde2dfdb8dbbe.jpg

20180816_213617.thumb.jpg.c6a49d707b8d2657ac5e6be3b3b73501.jpg

20180816_221251.thumb.jpg.3ee8385f65a91a74e016692336dddc64.jpg

• Like 7

You, sir, are a man of many talents!

That's a cracking idea, and you've got the kids involved too!!

Awesome, absolutely awesome!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club