Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

15 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Thanks for the confirmation, I've been looking out for any others with the same end letters since! :laugh:

As for not spelling anything offensive, I wonder who decides what's offensive...  Parked next to a Focus with the letters VAJ at the end yesterday...was fully expecting Jay from the Inbetweeners to be driving it... :lol:

I once saw a newer audi A6 which the number plate looked to of said the N word. Hes just asking to get in trouble. 

• Like 1

This is a little old but I uploaded a dash cam clip of my dad seeing a bus turn into a car. Funny thing is this video made more views compared to the videos uploaded around that time. Its also in the thumbnail. It's at around the 4min mark. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zain611 said:

This is a little old but I uploaded a dash cam clip of my dad seeing a bus turn into a car. Funny thing is this video made more views compared to the videos uploaded around that time. Its also in the thumbnail. It's at around the 4min mark. 

What did he think would happen with such a tight turn!? :unsure:  It looks like the Astra got away with any damage though luckily.

What's on the screen in the first clip btw?  With the wires to it?

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 5:25 PM, TimST2 said:

I think they were talking about Germany.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yep. I was just on about Germany haha

On 11/18/2018 at 12:16 PM, TomsFocus said:

What did he think would happen with such a tight turn!? :unsure:  It looks like the Astra got away with any damage though luckily.

What's on the screen in the first clip btw?  With the wires to it?

Not sure to be honest. Could it be those scramblers people use so police speed guns can't accurately read their speed. 

I'm finally able to watch the grand tour through amazon prime. My dad said he signed up for amazon prime which I forgot you can watch it 🤣. First episode was kind of slow but watched the second episode and that was fun to watch. Jeremy Clarkson looks to feel more free on what he talks about and I mean controversial or little offensive stuff. 

I do like O2 Priority...  Over £10 of free stuff over the last week!   Wish I'd found it sooner tbh. :biggrin:  Worth a look if you're on O2 and weren't aware of it!

• Like 1

Ford's current de-badging of it's cars.

No trim or engine size labelling on the back any more. And ST and RS versions have those badges instead of Fiesta or Focus.

It's a big improvement.

Have you seen the awful wide spaced Focus badge across the back of the MK4?  Looks like those individual Halfords letters people use to write their name with! :laugh:

i do like the removal of trim badges though, looks much cleaner.

I do like the Golf passing 99k this evening...  But now I've got to keep it for another 1000 miles just to get the satisfaction of watching it tick over to 6 figures. :lol:

IMG_20181121_165413097.thumb.jpg.ccd151cbda1469554bad7a46dd9d1db8.jpg

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like the Golf passing 99k this evening...  But now I've got to keep it for another 1000 miles just to get the satisfaction of watching it tick over to 6 figures. :lol:

IMG_20181121_165413097.thumb.jpg.ccd151cbda1469554bad7a46dd9d1db8.jpg

Not bad MPG your getting 👍. Mines averaging 52mpg from what it says on the computer. 

• Like 1

@Zico you might like this. Autobeam are doing a black Friday saleScreenshot_20181123-192640.thumb.png.bec02e247027086ab1c2e3857b5ca588.png

Managed to get these switchback fogs. They were on sale a few days ago from £35 to £30. I put them in the basket (for some reason) then today I put the black Friday deal in which further reduced the price by £7. Its about £10 on top of the list price from tax and shipping so was £40 in total (before adding the discount code). After buying them I saw that the list price went up to £40 which is £5 more than the original price 🤣. Autobeam must of done that so they try and get some money even with the black Friday deal. 

Screenshot_20181123-191746.png

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, zain611 said:

@Zico you might like this. Autobeam are doing a black Friday sale

Must. Resist. Must. Resist. 😄

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Turvey said:

I do like seeing this in the news.

Hopefully the 'Where there's blame, there's a claim' lot don't get involved!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-london-46321715/thieves-knocked-off-mopeds-by-police-in-london

I think that it's about time the damn scumbags get what's coming to them!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zico said:

I think that it's about time the damn scumbags get what's coming to them!

Agree what help would it be chasing criminals on a bike if you can tap them. Chasing them will most likely make them go through a gap the police car can't go through. 

I don't like these crimes happening in my area. It's only 2 minutes away from me. There was another case of shooting which happened outside my grans road. These crimes they say seem to be linked. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-46256458

You know how there's the Featured Cars for Sale down the right hand side when you view the Latest Posts tab? Well this is at the top today:

Photo of MUS302G

https://www.fordownersclub.com/cars-for-sale/motors_search/motors-details.php?id=46484420

It's a 1968 V8 Ford Mustang Bullitt Fastback

WANT! 🤤

Now where did I put that spare £40k?

• Like 3

I do like having an oddly specific car maintenance related dream last night...

I was driving something modern and 'decent quality', possibly a high spec Golf that hasn't even been made yet, but certainly not the Mk6 I currently own.  It had a full digital dash which suddenly went blank, and flashed a large orange warning triangle and the word 'Gehrler' (I don't speak German but assume it means 'fault' or similar!?).  The car lost power at the same time and I stopped in a live lane on a dual carriageway I don't recognise.  Then I noticed a button saying 'fault check' under the dash...pressed it, and it said 'purple relay - coo' (presumably cooling fan?) but then showed a picture of the full fusebox across the digital dash, all in white except the relay in question shown in red and flashing.  So I opened the door to check the relay, heard a horn & tyre screeching along with seeing headlights reflecting on the door panel but woke up just before the impact.  I'm not sure if I've just seen the future of vehicle diagnostics or if that's just wishful thinking! :laugh:  Also, should probably check the blind spot more... :lol:   

I should probably add, I've been feeling very rough in the late evening/early morning lately and getting very little sleep which may have caused this lol.  Other interesting dreams have included seeing a young white guy blocking my exit from the door in my old house, 20ish, with floor length dreadlocks...but he'd covered the dreads in drinks cans, literally poked holes in the bottom of the cans to push them over the dreads, forming a large shield across his back... :unsure:  Another one was standing with a mate (who I haven't seen for 8 years) outside his house waiting for the chauffeur to his wedding (he's already married lol) but the chauffeur doesn't turn up, so I offer to drive him there in his non-road legal track car but keep apologising for poor gear changes...before looking down and noticing there's no clutch and it's a T bar handle auto... :laugh: 

Anyone else have weird dreams on here? :biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Getting £28 off of Christmas gifts purchased at Halfords using my FOC discount card 😊

(They were already price matched too)

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TimST2 said:

Getting £28 off of Christmas gifts purchased at Halfords using my FOC discount card 😊

(They were already price matched too)

Go back tomorrow and exchange everything without the reciept 😉

Get a free Karcher K5 by Christmas ☺

Sort of like Mike brewer trading up 

• Like 2

Go back tomorrow and exchange everything without the reciept [emoji6]
Get a free Karcher K5 by Christmas [emoji5]
Sort of like Mike brewer trading up 
LOL

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

LOL

I started off with a packet of crimp spade connectors 😂 traded without reciept all the way up to a bottle of screen wash #GoOnMySon 

• Like 2

But you paid a higher price by having to go into Halfords multiple times... 😂

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

But you paid a higher price by having to go into Halfords multiple times... 😂

Very true considering my nearest store is 60km away from my house,

Was fun though, I'm sure it wrecks someone's head in the accounts department as exchanging without reciept refunds the full amount then purchasing using the card increases the discount, surly causes a dividend somewhere 

Taking my 8 year old daughter to the pub so she can relax with a juice and read her school reading book in front of the fire while I relax with a beer and read FOC 👍

• Like 2

Built my third fairy house today,

This one is for the mother-in-law's garden,

I'll paint the walls inside and out tomorrow followed by fitting the solar panel with 200 soft white LED fairy lights inside,

Bought the door from amazon if anyone's interested  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01M01NZE2 

Solar lights 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ankuka-Outdoor-Waterproof-Christmas-Decorations/dp/B0767FP6DX/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1543089070&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=200+led+warm+white+fairy+lights+solar&dpPl=1&dpID=61KbnBIv-oL&ref=plSrch 

20181124_191641.thumb.jpg.8ba35508ccd948437a8096c33f618e0c.jpg

Heres two i built earlier;

My mother's back garden 

20180825_175747.thumb.jpg.fd40b857adfe4b8d99d7db317d179070.jpg

Chimney works using inscence cones 😉

20180825_175735.thumb.jpg.f8860887672431084b98382a0518a40b.jpg

And this one's in our own front garden 

20180807_135815.thumb.jpg.b0fba85d4e8ad3b4369782deff409a0c.jpg

20180816_213627.thumb.jpg.6f0c16d35b4a9758c523ff6c362b661c.jpg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club