Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I do like

laumk7

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Winner!  Mk4 GT TDI. 

Was only 19 at the time...first diesel and first turbo engine...and it was cheaper to tax and fuel than the NA petrols I'd previously had. :biggrin:

I'm only 20 and have 125bhp turbo petrol, which is much more powerful than any of my friends and cheaper than the 1.6 Focus. Quite fancy getting a £500 or less MK4 auto in the summer as a cheap pizza delivery car for my part time home from uni job.

• Like 1

@Lenny bought this dehumidifier for the car. Hopefully will be useful in drawing in moisture. There's been some days where there would be a lot of water in the inside of the windscreen. 

Screenshot_20200208-180036.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

@Lenny bought this dehumidifier for the car. Hopefully will be useful in drawing in moisture. There's been some days where there would be a lot of water in the inside of the windscreen. 

Screenshot_20200208-180036.png

That's mad (ironic) as I've just saw a similar item today in my local Tesco 

Personally though I have the team hecko wind deflecters and I leave the windows slightly open on both front doors 24/7 which helps 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Personally though I have the team hecko wind deflecters and I leave the windows slightly open on both front doors 24/7 which helps 

I've just started doing that, without the deflectors, seems to help. The old Focus only gets a run to work, 5 minutes, and the screen gets very wet.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TimST2 said:

I got to see my new car for the first time today...

Want to see some pictures when it arrives to its new home 👀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Turvey said:

I've just started doing that, without the deflectors, seems to help. The old Focus only gets a run to work, 5 minutes, and the screen gets very wet.

That's exactly what happens to my car now that I'm only driving it once a week now. Its just as wet as it would be on the exterior side. 

@Lenny I got this from asda so might be those products you find in other supermarkets. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zain611 said:

PPF is done. Just need to wait for the registration documents to come through now so shouldn't be too long.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TimST2 said:

PPF is done. Just need to wait for the registration documents to come through now so shouldn't be too long.

yes  👍

2 hours ago, TimST2 said:

You planning on putting any ceramic coating on? I believe gtechniq have a ceramic coating for PPF called halo 👍

8 hours ago, zain611 said:

You planning on putting any ceramic coating on? I believe gtechniq have a ceramic coating for PPF called halo 👍

No, I'm just going to use C2, and then L1 on the leather. The PPF is XPEL so should be pretty resilient already.

12 hours ago, zain611 said:

That's exactly what happens to my car now that I'm only driving it once a week now. Its just as wet as it would be on the exterior side. 

@Lenny I got this from asda so might be those products you find in other supermarkets. 

Back when I had my focus in storage I purchased a pack of two rechargeable Desicant boxs; they came with hooks to hang up and went from blue to pink when full, 

The term rechargeable isn't one I would have used to describe them as there more of a reusable item, they dont hold a charge which can be harnessed and used on demand; there always absorbing moisture from there surrounding, 

You then plug them in to a mains domestic socket which causes a flat element in the centre of the unit to heat up which releases the moisture from the cells, they can produce quite a puddle beneath them, 

Reason I say is because; if your new type purchased there doesn't prove to be most effective then I recommend purchasing these: 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amcor-MD100-2xPack-Rechargeable-480-ml-day-Desiccant-Dehumidifier/143121421968?hash=item2152b39690:g:oeUAAOSw9ClcXC7C 

Or from here either:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/RECHARGEABLE-DEHUMIDIFIER-TWIN-CARAVAN-OFFICE/dp/B002SHJRMU/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=Dehumidifier+rechargeable&qid=1581241551&sr=8-5 

They worked very well; I later sold them along with the custom fit car cover as saw in my guide linked below: 

Guide To Storing Vehicle For Long Periods Click Here

Also if using Desicant you need to keep the windows closed to be best effective otherwise it will constantly absorb moisture from the air coming in the windows, 

Also check the rubber grommets underneath the car to ensure none of them are popped inwards. 

• Like 1

Did any of you watch Mary Beard's 'Shock of the Nude' last Monday?  Just remembered it's the second part tomorrow...should be interesting!  

Not one to watch with your Mum/kids though...considering Mary did a 5 minute piece to camera whilst standing in front of Gustave Cournet's 'Origin of the World' last week...  Certainly did not expect to see that on BBC2 prime time television! :shock: :laughing:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@dtulip8 I wanted to ask how was it with braces? Been nearly 4 weeks now since I've had them on and they aren't bad. Only thing I hate is one of the wires that goes around one of the brace the dentist didn't cut it short enough and was pointing up so was cutting the inside of the cheek which has now caused a colesaw outbreak there which has been there now for a few days. Doesn't help also after bending the wire that the brace next to that has a pointy bit on the top which just pokes it and I don't think helps in the healing 😑

Happy though teeth wise theres no pain.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zain611 said:

@dtulip8 I wanted to ask how was it with braces? Been nearly 4 weeks now since I've had them on and they aren't bad. Only thing I hate is one of the wires that goes around one of the brace the dentist didn't cut it short enough and was pointing up so was cutting the inside of the cheek which has now caused a colesaw outbreak there which has been there now for a few days. Doesn't help also after bending the wire that the brace next to that has a pointy bit on the top which just pokes it and I don't think helps in the healing 😑

Happy though teeth wise theres no pain.

I had no pain with mine at all, just avoided eating hard things like apples unless they were cut down a bit. I had a similar issue with my wire a few times, I went back to the orthodentist and they snipped it again to sort it out. Don't leave it like that because like you say, it'll be sore for weeks until your next appointment. Glad it seems to be going well so far though!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Did any of you watch Mary Beard's 'Shock of the Nude' last Monday?  Just remembered it's the second part tomorrow...should be interesting!  

Not one to watch with your Mum/kids though...considering Mary did a 5 minute piece to camera whilst standing in front of Gustave Cournet's 'Origin of the World' last week...  Certainly did not expect to see that on BBC2 prime time television! :shock: :laughing:

My Mum watched it and said it was thoroughly interesting 😂😂

• Haha 3

Watched a bit of it. 

Not sure it needs 3 hours to state the bleeding obvious - the art world is firmly up its own ***** and men like looking at naked women.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/8/2020 at 9:29 PM, zain611 said:

Here are some phone snaps I took in the showroom. Better photos to follow very soon I hope!

Exterior.jpg

Interior.jpg

Ford Engine.jpg

It's all looking very new :wub:

• Like 5

I do like starting another placement in another hospital. Looking at cardiac MRI results of patients. Just hope it helps me for the job I want to get into 

• Like 3

I do like buying a brand new Michelin for 49p today!

IMG_20200212_101924909_HDR.thumb.jpg.d919854efd7f3afb02bb34cc699257a2.jpg

I never said it was a tyre... :wink: Ideal for the PS4 fanboys lol!  Smells nice too, woodspice I think it's called.  They do a few different flavoured ones at Home Bargains! :biggrin:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I do like buying a brand new Michelin for 49p today!

IMG_20200212_101924909_HDR.thumb.jpg.d919854efd7f3afb02bb34cc699257a2.jpg

I never said it was a tyre... :wink: Ideal for the PS4 fanboys lol!  Smells nice too, woodspice I think it's called.  They do a few different flavoured ones at Home Bargains! :biggrin:

Flavoured ? You been licking it or just the windows? 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I read some info just, and can't say where but  saw instructions on how to park this particular vehicle. When parked for some time make sure it's parked facing north!!!  🤔🤔😂😂

• Haha 1

I do like getting quotes for my new car, and it only coming out 33% more than my Fiesta ST, including track cover :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club