Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winter Ford Magic!!!!!

sonic113

Heated windscreen is epic tbh, first car I've had with one and now don't want to go back to one without lol!

Shame they don't make quickclear sunglasses though, I keep putting on cold shades with this low winter sun and they immediately fog over... <_< :lol:

• Like 2

Heated windscreen is epic tbh, first car I've had with one and now don't want to go back to one without lol!

Shame they don't make quickclear sunglasses though, I keep putting on cold shades with this low winter sun and they immediately fog over... <_< :lol:

I'm going to apply for the patent on quick clear sunglasses right now! :ph34r:

• Like 1

Heated seats as well mean I can sit there in my shirt rather than my coat mmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I'd choose heated seats over the windscreen if I had the choice. The windscreen is great but nothing beats a warm a**e. Lol

Nothing wrong with WARM (no, not hot) water being poured over the window, does the job pretty easily.

I tested this for the first time yesterday in my rental/replacement car and I thought it was absolutely brilliant.

I had no scrappers since I left them inside my car which is basically dead at the car doctor/garage :( after a guy decided to open their driver side door without checking for motorbikes first, therefore a bike hit his car then hit mine, and all of a sudden my car is written off because the damage to the outside bodywork was too extensive.

Good thing is: I got a replacement ford focus that I absolutely loved instantly. I had never ever in my life driven or been inside a ford before and completely disregarded them as an option ... so all bad things have silver lining too. And I'm now part of the club as I'm looking for a focus to replace my poor old dead car.

• Like 1

Glad you've seen the light :)

Funny thing: at some point of another in the last 10 years I've rented cars from almost all makers. A few years ago I rented a Volvo V40 and I absolutely loved the car. I said that when I could afford it, i'd buy one.

I'm saving for a house at some point this year so when I had the accident I decided to go easy with the budget and get something in the 10k range, used of course.

Almost by chance I get a Focus as replacement car and I loved it so much because when I sat, it reminded me a fair bit to the V40 that I loved so much.

Totally different car and audiences, but it was a very pleasant feeling. I'm going totally off-topic, I do apologise.

:)

• Like 1

Must say I am loving the heated windscreen it was one of the reasons I went for the zetec climate. Mind you I put the front and rear on whilst scraping the sides saves so much time in the morning.[/quote

Mine doesn't work :(

Must say I am loving the heated windscreen it was one of the reasons I went for the zetec climate. Mind you I put the front and rear on whilst scraping the sides saves so much time in the morning.[/quote

Mine doesn't work :(

Doesn't the v40 share the same chassis and subframe brakes... fuel system etc etc

Certainly most of the spares I've ever bought for my focus apparently fit a v40

They are indeed built on the same platform. Mazda 6 is as well.

• Like 3

They are indeed built on the same platform. Mazda 6 is as well.

6? or 3?

3 is same as focus , and came with the same heated front screen

Is it possible to get a heated windscreen fitted on an older Focus? I have a MK1 Diesel and here in Poland it is -very- cold with a lot of ice and snow - if I could get a heated windscreen fitted it would help a lot. Also what is this auxillary heater someone mentioned on diesels? My MK1 takes forever to warm up in the mornings - my feet are usually blocks of ice by time I get to work.

I have heated seats although drivers side doesn't seem to work - (my missus loves it on the passenger side though) any got any idea how I might fix the drivers side? I presume if it was a fuse the passenger side wouldn't work either so not sure what the problem is.

you can do anything if you throw enough money at it!

If you have the switches inside then its just a case of getting a new window, if you don't then you will need to wire up connections / relays to the fusebox, new switches inside and connectors to the window itself.

Heated seats might be the fuse, easiest thing to check, also check the plugs are all seated properly.

the Aux heater or supplementary heater, is fitted to (some?) diesels because they take an age to heat up, basically its alike a hair dryer, the aux heater turns on and warms up the air via the electrically heated elements. id imagine that would be a pure pain in the &#33;Removed&#33; to retrofit but its worth checking the fuses incase its just blown

keep in mind tho that fuses don't just blow for no reason, if its blown its blown for a reason meaning something went wrong.

• Like 1

The drivers side heated seat often fails due to more use of the seat & the heated function - on the MK3 Mondeo the heated pads / elements broke & there were connector issues under the seat(s)

John Smith from Lancashire drives a German import Focus and lives in Poland... Talk about confusing. :P

What spec/trim is your Focus? If its a high spec one, probably already has wiring in place for heated screen.

John Smith from Lancashire drives a German import Focus and lives in Poland... Talk about confusing. :P

What spec/trim is your Focus? If its a high spec one, probably already has wiring in place for heated screen.

Haha

I am from Lancashire but no longer live there and my Focus is German imported to Poland (many cars in Poland are imported from Germany because they are cheaper over the border). It is 1.8 Diesel but I don't know what specific model because it doesn't say on any of the paper work, just 1.8 Diesel. It has these wheels (if it helps to identify it):

http://www.originalwheels.com/ford-wheels/images/ford-focus-wheels-3367b-b.jpg

Now I know these say they are 2010 wheels but they are the same as mine and I don't think they were changed - the previous owner didn't seem interested in aesthetics or even general maintenance.

(oh and my name isn't actually John Smith but you probably guessed that already)

• Like 1

One function I didn't know my MK3 Titanium was able to do, was when it goes 5C or below, the front and rear screen defrosters switch on automatically. Odd when I first noticed it because I could see the ice melting, but strangely you don't get any lights on the buttons to show that they are operating. Seriously regret not looking for a Titanium-X to have the heated seats, DRL's, 1.6 Ecoboost engine, etc. Hate the 1.6 Ti-VCT (125) engine, no torque at all. You have to drive it like a 2-stroke!!

• Like 1

Haha

I am from Lancashire but no longer live there and my Focus is German imported to Poland (many cars in Poland are imported from Germany because they are cheaper over the border). It is 1.8 Diesel but I don't know what specific model because it doesn't say on any of the paper work, just 1.8 Diesel. It has these wheels (if it helps to identify it):

http://www.originalwheels.com/ford-wheels/images/ford-focus-wheels-3367b-b.jpg

Now I know these say they are 2010 wheels but they are the same as mine and I don't think they were changed - the previous owner didn't seem interested in aesthetics or even general maintenance.

(oh and my name isn't actually John Smith but you probably guessed that already)

Lol, ah that makes sense! :D

I don't know the Mk1 spec wheels myself. Having alloys is a good start though, means it isn't really poverty spec at least!

One function I didn't know my MK3 Titanium was able to do, was when it goes 5C or below, the front and rear screen defrosters switch on automatically. Odd when I first noticed it because I could see the ice melting, but strangely you don't get any lights on the buttons to show that they are operating. Seriously regret not looking for a Titanium-X to have the heated seats, DRL's, 1.6 Ecoboost engine, etc. Hate the 1.6 Ti-VCT (125) engine, no torque at all. You have to drive it like a 2-stroke!!

The Mk2.5 also has this function, but it's not activated from the factory. I did activate mine with an ELM cable but de-activated it again, found it was often on when the screen wasn't frozen, not too much bother to just press the button(s) though haha.

OK So I was wrong these are my alloys.  

post-69864-0-05610000-1453366060_thumb.j

Also included some winter shots given this is a Winter Ford thread ;)  I am so glad I learned how to drive with engine breaking as I cannot get winter tyres fitted until Saturday!

post-69864-0-24094700-1453366061_thumb.jpost-69864-0-71849500-1453366062_thumb.jpost-69864-0-91030700-1453366063_thumb.jpost-69864-0-28652900-1453366065_thumb.j

post-69864-0-05610000-1453366060_thumb.j

post-69864-0-24094700-1453366061_thumb.j

post-69864-0-71849500-1453366062_thumb.j

post-69864-0-91030700-1453366063_thumb.j

post-69864-0-28652900-1453366065_thumb.j

• Like 1

My Focus today :)

Like: heated front window, heated rear window and mirrors, heated seats, ESP is quite handy. Rear drive car would be much more fun in winter but focus is surprisingly fun to drive (thanks to mechanical rear handbrake, not that stupid electronical stuff that more modern cars have).

Do not like: gets warm quite slowly (i do have quite short commute about 6 km). However I think it is the same for all cars. If it is -25C outside all cars will warm up slowly. I am considering accessory electrical motor block heater and battery charger. Something by defa for example

Of course if it is warm outside -5...0, then it heats up pretty fast. However we are talking about winter here so I'd like much faster heating. However when doing longer trips, then the amount of heat it produces is very good even when it's cold!

I like this car a lot... there are few thing i do not understand... like why would you put electrical windows in front and not in the back. When driving in summer and you want to open a window to vent a little bit, then opening the rear window is much quieter than the front one. I can reach front window easily to us the manual crank. However this is all minor stuff. Overall I like my focus and it is pretty OK winter car

DSC_0266.JPG

• Like 1

Well, too bad the winter only lasted one week. See you in a year, QuickClear.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club